Rubber Duck's SAKR/RCP Gen

View File

Intorduction

Rubber Duck’s SAKR/RCP Gen is a simple tool to help you patch armor and clothing mods for Skimpy Armor Keyword Resource (SAKR) and RobCo Patcher (RCP). It’s designed to be easy and convenient to use.

Requirements

Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime 6

xEdit (FO4Edit)

Skimpy Armor Keyword Resource (v1.1.0+)

RobCo Patcher (v2.8.1+)

Some clothing mods...

(optional) BodySlide & Outfit Studio

How it works

RD’s SAKR/RCP Gen reads data from CSV file. To get the proper CSV file, one must use xEdit to export all the necessary data to it. Obviously, the xEdit script I'm using is included as I wrote it myself specifically for this program.

Once CSV file has been loaded, it shows you the content of the loaded file and allows you to select SAKR keywords for every item inside the file. Once you’ve added keywords to items, it writes your changes to INI which you then need to copy/move to proper location. I know this sounds vague, see the tutorial for details and step-by-step instructions (with screenshots!).

User Documentation

Available here.

My SAKR Repository

Check it out here.

Special thanks

twistedtrebla for amazing work on SAKR (as well as other mods!)

Zzyxzz for RobCo Patcher as well as other mods

People who provided their patches for my SAKR Repo

Microsoft for VS22 & .NET

Source Code

Available once I polish some things out; will probably become available for v1.0.0.

Changelog

Spoiler

0.8.2 (15/04/23) - Further design improvements; auto-increment feature; updated button conditions so the user can't break it so easily; colors for labels

0.7.4 (14/04/23) - Added 'Keep selection' checkbox, minor design improvements

0.7.1a (07/04/23) - First public beta release

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/08/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime 6, xEdit, Skimpy Armor Keyword Resource, RobCo Patcher, (optional) BodySlide & Outfit Studio

Requirements explained

.NET Desktop Runtime 6 required to run the application.

xEdit (FO4Edit) – required to run the script (RD_Export_FormIDs_SAKR.pas); required to export plugin data in a valid format (so the application can read it properly).

Skimpy Armor Keyword Resource (v1.1+) - speaks for itself (it’s in the name, lol).

RobCo Patcher (v2.8.0+) - again, speaks for itself!

Clothing modsI mean... what else would you patch?

BodySlide & Outfit Studio – these two come together, but you only really need BodySlide. You don’t need this, but I think it’s useful if you run BS at the time when using SAKR/RCP Gen, that way you can easily see the outfit/item you're patching.

Edited by rubber_duck
Added requirements

User Guide

This is, what I believe, the proper way of using all the provided tools. If you follow the guide properly, everything should work as expected. No rush, get yourself a cup of coffee, and start whenever you're ready.

Step-by-step instructions:

1) Once you’ve downloaded RDSAKRRCPGen_vX.X.X.7z extract it somewhere:

img2.png.edeb29698dd7500dadf41d69edd3dde8.png

2) You’ll find 2 directories: RDRCPGen and RD_xEdit_Script. Go into RD_xEdit_Script.

img3.png.0f9d06f0d97667243a5945ba52ea015c.png

img3_2.png.8fff59a9a5b63f1734c08a87b321af6a.png

Either copy or cut 'RD_Export_FormIDs_SAKR.pas' and paste it to your 'Edit Scripts' directory inside you xEdit directory:

img3_3.png.94645556ebda4defeab545c3cdc573f6.png

3) Now, run xEdit.

img5.png.4eaef02e442646beaad1ed5fb2c2e096.png

img6.png.b0f94cd23583f50eedb76ea95b5b2cce.png

img7.png.1e41c69e72bb4db91b84b071fab621bb.png

img8.png.b98bb9484098afa29bfbbddd6d5eb9dd.png

img9.png.dba7d8d515e934ebfc113dc9ac0152f1.png

img10.png.0e987be5f595f7d82cbecd5dbc054932.png

img11.png.533c15841cb8ef8c6232571c80d53cea.png

4) Close xEdit (we won't need it anymore in this process) and return to the original extracted archive directory.

(optional) Now I'd usually run BodySlide. I recommend you do the same if you're patching those massive clothing packs containing over 100 items. That way you can easily see what the selected outfit/item looks like and whcih Keywords should you add.

5) Open 'RDRCPGen' directory:

img12_1.png.c3caaea4d8652b908217b6c3213eaec9.png

img12_2.png.c916e3aada2e94e399c9f5d61a4f2917.png

6) Now, we're working with my program. Follow the steps. Once you start RD's SAKR/RCPGen, the program looks like this:

img_13.png.eb6f214bec70c6c8bb22ca4e78d7285f.png

CheckBoxes explained:

There are as many checkboxes as SAKR keywords. The keywords are labeled as usual (ex.: Panty: 'Normal', 'Thong', 'GString'), and the tag keywords have '*' in front ('*Sheer', '*Tight', etc.).

I wanted to have it as compact with as little text as possible, so this seemed like a great idea.

Buttons further explained:

'Apply' button adds keywords to selected item and prepares it for INI.

'Remove' button removes the selected item from 'To write'.

'Clear all' button resets all the checkboxes to unchecked so you can start fresh (checking them again, that is).

img_14.png.5d93d64139f5f1509d2ca7a3396bbb7f.png

img_15.png.cb52cf039c99f056f752f06d3ff31608.png

img_16.png.78916e4acf01616c15cde60d4570e2fd.png

IMPORTANT! If everything went right, you will see a little green check mark next to 'Apply' button.

img_17.png.bc40ffcb46a3adc41e7c11183d18007a.png

img_18.png.f2dfe19d71916f5c463b7980bad77b0b.png

If you've done everything right, your INI will be saved and you'll get this message box:

img_19.png.62207642fe668ecd0da88e6887c66d71.png

... and our new INI will look like this:

img_20.png.0c27f6d34f50ca394956ea17619d895f.png

If you're done with adding keywords, feel free to close RD's SAKR/RCPGen.

7) Finally, we need to place our new INI to proper directory - we need to have proper directory structure. This is the crucial part, so be extra cautious as you can easily mess something up!

First things first, copy/cut the INI:

img_21.png.13c5da29bd0e974f2e44584a8b53ace3.png

Next, create a new empty mod in MO2 (sorry Vortex users, I don't know how to do it in your Mod Manager!):

img_22.png.83b95f4c9db147e86a9e17cbefca06ed.png

Name it however you want. For this example, I've named mine 'RD_RCPGen_Repository'. I recommend you to have one such mod with all the INIs inside for ease of use.

img_23.png.24fcce37727a8efbb27027baa5438756.png

Open that new mod in Windows Explorer:

img_24.png.a0ce5d868adf7962ac3783b0706ccf1e.png

The proper RobCo Pathcer path for SAKR is:

Data\F4SE\Plugins\RobCo_Patcher\armor\[plugin]\[plugin.ini]

[plugin] is supposed to be directory with plugin name.

[plugin.ini] is the new INI file.

I genuinely believe this screenshot helps, I don't know how to explain it better:

img_25.png.14fdc87baad00ac5a510c58823e1528d.png

Finally, activate your new mod in MO2 and run the game.

If you've followed this guide and did everything properly, things should work! Else, ask for support here and I'll try to assist you.

I know this guide is long, but I tried to make it as easy to follow as possible.

Any feedback (either for documentation or SAKR/RCPGen is welcome)!

Edited by rubber_duck
User Documentation

Reporting bugs and other issues

I've tested the program for various issues, and didn't find anything. If you do, I'd really appreciate if you could provide detailed info on how it happened, what you did, etc.

Feel free to use this topic to post your issues.

Known bugs and issues:

None so far.

Edited by rubber_duck

Thanks for making this! It'll probably be a week or two before I have time, but this is going to make SAKR annotation of vanilla game gear and large clothing and armor replacer sets much, much easier and faster.

22 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Thanks for making this! It'll probably be a week or two before I have time, but this is going to make SAKR annotation of vanilla game gear and large clothing and armor replacer sets much, much easier and faster.

When I started my original SAKR Repo I thought to myself: 'Man, how amazing would it be if there was a tool which does all the stuff for me'. And then, after giving it some more thought, I started working on it.

I ain't gonna lie - it isn't the prettiest program out there, but as far as I can tell it gets the job done.

If you find any issues, please let me know! I didn't have the time to test it out in-game so my testing was purely based on patching the stuff I already patched manually (everything inside my Repo archive) and comparing the two files. I didn't notice any oddities, but you never know.

In any case, thank you for being the first person to reply! Take care and have a good one! :)

8 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

When I started my original SAKR Repo I thought to myself: 'Man, how amazing would it be if there was a tool which does all the stuff for me'. And then, after giving it some more thought, I started working on it.

I ain't gonna lie - it isn't the prettiest program out there, but as far as I can tell it gets the job done.

If you find any issues, please let me know! I didn't have the time to test it out in-game so my testing was purely based on patching the stuff I already patched manually (everything inside my Repo archive) and comparing the two files. I didn't notice any oddities, but you never know.

In any case, thank you for being the first person to reply! Take care and have a good one! :)

Man... i was so excited about it... i tought it is simple enough and it's very well explained... then i hit the wall with MO2 cause i dont use mod organizers...

LOL, I don't have that, but hey! your program is great! not bad looking and whats more important: It will fasten the build for the building of the Robco files, A LOT.

Thanks for doing this, i love the way the community stand behind a great idea

Edited by Gamaramdi
20 minutes ago, Gamaramdi said:

Man... i was so excited about it... i tought it is simple enough and it's very well explained... then i hit the wall with MO2 cause i dont use mod organizers...

LOL, I don't have that, but hey! your program is great! not bad looking and whats more important: It will fasten the build for the building of the Robco files, A LOT.

Hey, just because you don't use MO2 (or any other mod manager) doesn't mean I won't help you!

What exactly seems to be the problem?

23 minutes ago, Gamaramdi said:

I didn't think there was anybody left still modding their game manually without a mod manager. Sounds like a nightmare

Edited by Omicr0n
2 hours ago, Gamaramdi said:

after save ini just drop it in robco armor foulder . no need to create mod or something (im vortex user) . much faster way to do it as for me (tested on dicky pin up and vtaw umbra)

2 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Hey, just because you don't use MO2 (or any other mod manager) doesn't mean I won't help you!

i think step with mo can be skiped by droping ini in robco foulder (much faster for me )

3 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Thanks! that is not what i mean.

I mean that i don't use MO2 so i cant go trought the final part to build the mod.

I Sometimes use Wrye Bash to install complicated or risky mod, but 90% of the time i rather to do it manually, i don't like managers cause they tend to be very invasives, and to double the weight of the mod, since they keep a copy.

3 hours ago, Omicr0n said:

I didn't think there was anybody left still modding their game manually without a mod manager. Sounds like a nightmare

I don't get how you guys can use them !!! ? I get it for big dlc's sized mods, but 90% can just be dragged and droped.

3 hours ago, Omicr0n said:

in some case drug-drop will be faster then do all stuff ))

edit 
if you wannna make your game perfect do it with your hand manualy )))

Edited by kazeha9

Ok so i'm working on it and i have some toughts:

1.- How can i remove 1 line? i have the Shorts V2 3 times cause i clear them twice and made it right in the 3rd one.
2.- The window in the left could be bigger,the full description doesn't fit, or give the user the freedom to rezise the window of the software... dude... im 49 i need help to see
3.- In the repository we WILL face the issue that the user criteria don't meet with ours, and some clothes won't have the tags we'll want, i mean, im using the *Sheer a lot because i usually use transparent or lingerie version on Vtaw, somebody else may not, so maybe we could host many versions of the same mod so a regular user can download a couple, and even edit the ini file with a notepad to select and copy few certain items and not the whole mod?, more on this point, there may be some item's i dont like and don't use so i may not tag, but can be found in another "repositories"? is that the word? hope so...

image.thumb.png.db82203853f11c69991342b075e45f6b.png

Edited by Gamaramdi
15 minutes ago, Gamaramdi said:

LOL Drug-drop?

19 minutes ago, Gamaramdi said:

1.- How can i remove 1 line? i have the Shorts V2 3 times cause i clear them twice and made it right in the 3rd one.
2.- The window in the left could be bigger,the full description doesn't fit, or give the user the freedom to rezise the window of the software... dude... im 49 i need help to see
3.- In the repository we WILL face the issue that the user criteria don't meet with ours, and some clothes won't have the tags we'll want, i mean, im using the *Sheer a lot because i usually use transparent or lingerie version on Vtaw, somebody else may not, so maybe we could host many versions of the same mod so a regular user can download a couple, and even edit the ini file with a notepad to select and copy few certain items and not the whole mod?, more on this point, there may be some item's i dont like and don't use so i may not tag, but can be found in another "repositories"? is that the word? hope so...

90% of users use only 10-15 % of all vtaw 8 wardrobe .soo this must be personal work (as i say do it manualy and make your game perfect ) 

24 minutes ago, kazeha9 said:

90% of users use only 10-15 % of all vtaw 8 wardrobe .soo this must be personal work (as i say do it manualy and make your game perfect ) 

I just finished... thing is... i'm not sure i'll be satified with this in game!! LOL And i did it myself... now you can imagine another user... they'll kick my ass!

4 hours ago, Gamaramdi said:

Whats the right pad?

\armor?

\armor\ASA or WD8?

Or it has to be the same name of the esp?

Testing...

image.thumb.png.1362089bcbf283de2f280c3886976edc.png

'WD8.ini' is Vtaw's Wardrobe 8 pack, right?

Rename 'WD8.ini' to 'VtawWardrobe8.ini' (the name has to be the identical to plugin's name).

Then, rename 'WD8' directory to 'VtawWardrobe8' directory and move 'VtawWardrobe8.ini' to 'VtawWardrobe8' directory.

If you've done everything correctly, your INI for Vtaw's Wardrobe 8 should be in the following path:

Data\F4SE\Plugins\RobCo_Patcher\armor\VtawWardrobe8\VtawWardrobe8.ini

5 hours ago, Gamaramdi said:

1) To remove item from the right box, simply select it and use 'Remove' button at the bottom. The biggest problem here is that the right box doesn't show which keywords you've added to the item, and that's my first priority for the next version.

2) You noticed it right, the whole program could be bigger. I'll probably add the resize functionality so the user can resize the window to their preferences, but this isn't my first priority. It will become available in the future versions, so stay tuned!

3) I'm not really sure I understand what you're saying here... I made this tool to allow all users (who want to invest their time) to create (generate) the INIs for SAKR and RobCo Patcher the way they want. I, for example, have a bunch of outfits with 'Pants - Thongs' keyword, but other people might prefer to have the same outfit with 'Pants - HotPants' keyword. By using this tool, you can generate your own INI with either and have the perfect setup for your needs and preferences.

Also on the note of 'visibility', found a dumb bug:

If the name of the item is very long, it will cover the 'Apply' button. It won't cover it completely (the bottom of the button will still be visible), but very long items will even 'escape' from the window.

Also, I definitely should change the way items in right box ('To write') behave - if you click on any item from that list, the program should check all the boxes added to it.

Oh, and upon checking the checkbox, the checkbox text should become bold, I think it'd make the whole experience more streamlined.

Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it! Take care, mate!

Edited by rubber_duck
1 hour ago, rubber_duck said:

'WD8.ini' is Vtaw's Wardrobe 8 pack, right?

Rename 'WD8.ini' to 'VtawWardrobe8.ini' (the name has to be the identical to plugin's name).

Then, rename 'WD8' directory to 'VtawWardrobe8' directory and move 'VtawWardrobe8.ini' to 'VtawWardrobe8' directory.

If you've done everything correctly, your INI for Vtaw's Wardrobe 8 should be in the following path:

Data\F4SE\Plugins\RobCo_Patcher\armor\VtawWardrobe8\VtawWardrobe8.ini

i have just ini files no other directory in robco armor foulder and work fine (for what purpose i need foulder ?)

3 hours ago, kazeha9 said:

i have just ini files no other directory in robco armor foulder and work fine (for what purpose i need foulder ?)

You don't need these additional folders; they are primarily used for easier organization of INI files. I use them as I like to have everything nicely organized, but you do you!

Bottom line, directories inside 'armor' aren't required; and RobCo Patcher should work just fine without them.