Switching child shower/bath outfit

Trying again with being more clear, so no moderators give me unhelpful advices. I'm NOT asking for child s*x, okay?! I hope we're clear.

Is there a way to switch the bathing clothes kids wear in shower/bath to like swimsuit or something? So it at least is a little more logical than current white underwear that is coded for them.

Like a mod or a way I can do it myself? I was looking around net for 2 days and have not found anything.

It just gives me a massive WTF each time I notice them showering/bathing while playing a household. Swimsuit would at least make more sense where water is involved.

Will appreciate some actually helpfull answers.

I'm not speaking about no-mosaic mod. I already have and use that from day 1 of playing with Sims 4.

I want to change the actual 'bathing' clothes child has in shower/bath (where teens and older simply get fully naked). 

I've seen a mod which make the people on pool lot showering with swimsuit. It's not exactly what you're asking, but with a little modification it could do the job (maybe the author will agree to make a specific version or if you're handy you can adapt it for your personnal usage).

I haven't installed it so I don't remember who did it. I'll try to find out.

I'm not in any way, shape or form knowledgeable enough to try modding or changing someone else preexisting mod.

I hoped there is a mod or a way to do this around already, but if it will mean someone has to do it specifically for me I don't want to bother said person. We all know there is waaaaay more actual bugs in that game that need modders help and attention.

Kids stupid choice of shower clothes is not a huge issue or bug, just hurts my logic, but I can live with that.

Edit:

I think I found the mod you mentioned. It's Swimwear Shower on Pools by lotharihoe. But it's designed for public lots only and I won't bother the modder about my 'problem'.

Thanks for trying to help anyway :)

Edited by mcromance
9 minutes ago, Oops19 said:

https://modthesims.info/d/665933/copy-outfits.html should do it. You'd need to create the outfit you want in CAS as s normal outfit (e.g. Swimwear 2). Then you can copy this outfit in-game and paste it to the bathing outfit.
Obviously this is a 'permanent' change while you might copy another outfit to change it.
I'm working on a more dynamic mod which will eventually be released one day on MTS.

Already tried with this method. Did not work for me this time (I fixed bathing outfit of my teen few months ago with this tool).

55 minutes ago, mcromance said:

Already tried with this method. Did not work for me this time (I fixed bathing outfit of my teen few months ago with this tool).

This should work without issues (except one wrong message box).
Send the sim to take a shower to populate the bathing outfit. I tested with a sim with only one outfit/category but this shouldn't matter.
# 'backup' / copied into the wrong direction:
Copy > X-Category > Bathing => Copied 1 Bathing outfit to clipboard.
Paste > Picker > Select swimwear 0 => Pasted outfit to Bathing[0] - this text is wrong!

# Actual copy process:

Copy > Picker > [select outfit] ==> Copied outfit Athletic[0] to clipboard.
Paste > X-Category > Bathing ==>  Pasted 1 outfit to Bathing.

The sim was taking a shower and the outfit didn't update immediately. Anyhow the next shower was taken with the athletic outfit.

On 4/6/2023 at 1:09 AM, mcromance said:

Trying again with being more clear, so no moderators give me unhelpful advices. I'm NOT asking for child s*x, okay?! I hope we're clear.

Is there a way to switch the bathing clothes kids wear in shower/bath to like swimsuit or something? So it at least is a little more logical than current white underwear that is coded for them.

Like a mod or a way I can do it myself? I was looking around net for 2 days and have not found anything.

It just gives me a massive WTF each time I notice them showering/bathing while playing a household. Swimsuit would at least make more sense where water is involved.

Will appreciate some actually helpfull answers.

I am very sorry, I totally missed this thread, somehow. I just made a very small mod that will make children to always bath and shower in their swimwear, no matter where. I hope you find it useful in case you want to avoid the copy paste every time: 

LittleRedSonja (tumblr.com)

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos
1 hour ago, LittleRedSonja said:

I am very sorry, I totally missed this thread, somehow. I just made a very small mod that will make children to always bath and shower in their swimwear, no matter where. I hope you find it useful in case you want to avoid the copy paste every time: 

HELL YEAH!!!

You're amazeballs ????????

3 hours ago, LittleRedSonja said:

I just made a very small mod that will make children to always bath and shower in their swimwear, no matter where.

This is at least something, you did good although bathing in clothes in general already looks weird. 

I always had one more question to the game, why should children piss in pants while sitting on the toilet??? Aren't they too adult for that? It just pisses me off when i see this!

9 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

This is at least something, you did good although bathing in clothes in general already looks weird. 

I always had one more question to the game, why should children piss in pants while sitting on the toilet??? Aren't they too adult for that? It just pisses me off when i see this!

My guess is because it's 'family friendly' so logic flies out the window then.

Plus less work has to be done with animations, so less costs.

Choose your fighter ??‍♀️

16 hours ago, LittleRedSonja said:

You just released a mod which will very likely break with one of the next TS4 updates. ?
It would be much more secure to use Live XML to patch the tuning after loading.

PS: Your Spell mods look quite good even though I didn't use one yet.

47 minutes ago, Oops19 said:

You just released a mod which will very likely break with one of the next TS4 updates. ?
It would be much more secure to use Live XML to patch the tuning after loading.

PS: Your Spell mods look quite good even though I didn't use one yet.

Thank you! I really enjoy making "magic-related" mods, that is what I found more entertaining right now, although I also have a few that are "non-magical" ?. I actually will release a new spell tomorrow, kind of a scary one, I think it is quite fun. If you eventually use any of my mods I am always open and happy to get ideas, suggestions or feedback ?

About this small mod, it is just a fast easy way to solve this right now. If it eventually breaks in a future update I will simply make a scripted version and inject the changes instead. But it is an easy and fast solution right now. The only reason I made it is to help mcromance. If there are more people that find it useful I will eventually optimize it ?.

I did not know about "Live XML" so thank you for the link, I will take a look at it ?.

55 minutes ago, GMac2021 said:

Moxie Mason No Mosaic will stop kids from pooping with their pants on and showering in their clothes.

No, it won't. That one will just remove mosaic and nothing else. It doesn't affect outfits.

Also, there is a new "cool" setting/feature in WW that messes everything around as for child bathing. Maybe it's bugged, I don't know, but things with WW  worked differently even than in the vanila game last time when I tested.

Edited by wild_guy

John 8:7 Let him among you who is without sin be the first to send a stone at her.
I'm quite sure you know nothing about ColonolNutty except where he learned about TS4 mods which was obviously not a good community.

I use S4CL and can create and compile small mods within some hours. Using a library is something most developers do as they don't need to write the same (e.g. logging, lookups, sim pickers, lists) code again and again for every mod. S4CL has really a lot of features and everyone who wants to code these things manually must have a lot of time and knowledge about the TS4 internals.

Creating Live XML took me many weeks as understanding Scumbumbos guides is not too easy. People should use this mod or write their own patch code to modify the loaded tuning files. But I think no one came up similar solution in the last two years so there is currently no alternative which I can suggest.

You may prefer to use mods with included trackers which send your private data every time you start the game to the mod author and mods which break with nearly every TS4 update. It's your choice.

2 hours ago, wild_guy said:

No, it won't. That one will just remove mosaic and nothing else. It doesn't affect outfits.

Also, there is a new "cool" setting/feature in WW that messes everything around as for child bathing. Maybe it's bugged, I don't know, but things with WW  worked differently even than in the vanila game last time when I tested.

Could you point out which one it is? I did not mess with bathing settings in WW but maybe I should.

(I have the patreon version btw)

4 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

Look at Covered Child Bathing Outfit in nudity advance settings. Also take a look here.

Thank you soooo much! I will try it when I get the chance to load game tomorrow.

I did not even know abouth that setting as I usually have nudity off in my saves.

15 minutes ago, mcromance said:

I did not even know abouth that setting as I usually have nudity off in my saves.

It wasn't mentioned in any change logs, a silent addition. Pretty strange, I agree.

Edited by wild_guy
17 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

It wasn't mentioned in any change logs, a silent addition. Pretty strange, I agree.

Yeah... and here I was wondering if I gone nuts, cause previously kids showered normally I think (aka. had the barbie 'attire' in shower). But as I don't pay much attention to kids washing or using toilet I did not notice it till now, when I started new legacy.

Once again thank you for the tip.

21 minutes ago, mcromance said:

Yeah... and here I was wondering if I gone nuts, cause previously kids showered normally I think

Yeah, exactly, I still want to believe that it's a bug and wasn't made intentionally in WW, because this odd thing even changes the vanilla game behavior. I mean if remove WW, everything becomes work normally (of course if I have bathing outfit overrides installed).

Edited by wild_guy