Child's Play

I just stumbled upon this thread, and unironically I can see you getting better with each piece. If you compare the latest post you did, with all the shading and extra details you started adding, and the first post, there is a BIG difference.

Not childish in any way in my opinion, at least it does not give off that vibe when seeing it.

15 minutes ago, Mozny said:

I just stumbled upon this thread, and unironically I can see you getting better with each piece. If you compare the latest post you did, with all the shading and extra details you started adding, and the first post, there is a BIG difference.

Not childish in any way in my opinion, at least it does not give off that vibe when seeing it.

Thank you. Was afraid that it might not have worked as an adult style.

44 minutes ago, NotGodOKay said:

Thank you. Was afraid that it might not have worked as an adult style.

Heh. Don't worry over that, I said before that objectively speaking certain styles are better suited to garner interest quicker/more easily, yet that's not to say it's impossible for a given style to find success regardless.

As Mozny said above, you're improving. That's what matters most as once theory is understood in its application, it becomes easier to figure out how to tweak the style to fit desired purposes.

3 hours ago, NotGodOKay said:

Was afraid that it might not have worked as an adult style.

There is no need to be afraid. Vice versa. What you are somewhat ashamed of can be used for your own superiority.

Images can be simple in appearance and even childish to some extent, but at the same time cause a huge stir among the public. Why?! The answer is quite simple - the peculiarity of the work.

Let's take the example of short animations and comics used in visual novels. DAZ 3D models are already starting to get boring. Almost nothing new. Everyone uses the same faces and models in different stories. The drawings created by AI are also very monotonous and boring. All this creativity looks cloned. You open the site and see another “The Clone Wars” in the ratings. ))) And suddenly something special appears (examples under the spoiler) and makes its way to the top.

33.jpg.60773395680da6071a470c204d7668f5.jpg

44.jpg.1a78977e56cf8b09bf2e5a17f82f5469.jpg

We can say that even children in kindergarten can draw something like this, but nevertheless it is very popular.

And in general, simplicity in any creativity is much better than complex ideas. This is directly related to the user's perception of your work. 

Edited by 00549303719
4 hours ago, NotGodOKay said:

Was afraid

I am sure you have seen work of Picasso and company - especially Picasso... His early days and academic period are one thing, after that he changed his style to what is most famous - simply put, started (by my opinion) the biggest scam in art history and convinced the world that putting ears on the ass and and hands on the head (simple definition) is THE definition of modern art and made fortune on that, That movement evolve in selling shit in cans like form of art and constantly involving in other forms until the art scene in present days...

So just continue doing what you like to do and do not give a shit about others opinions - this days everything has it's buying public no matter how bizarre it looks, there are many examples on the net - there are 8 billion peoples in the world, I am sure you'll get your public no matter how small or large it is - you work on your dream and be happy with it.

Best luck.

mircislav, any creativity ceases to be creativity when it turns into a source of income. This applies to everything, even music. As for all sorts of Picasso, Dali and others, I don’t like their works and I wouldn’t hang one of them in my bedroom. The only style of painting that I like most is palette knife paintings. I always dreamed of learning how to work with this tool, but while I was dreaming, I stopped painting even with an ordinary brush. Video showing a lot of palette knife work. The sound is not important to us, so you can simply turn it off. 

Why am I saying this?! I just don’t consider Picasso great and don’t even think about him when talking about creativity. It was mostly the people themselves who promoted him, putting him on the highest pedestal and even using his name in conversations. The principle of ordinary hype.

I agree with you, creativity should come from within and take shape primarily for yourself... but all this is essentially just dust that is thrown into the eyes. By creating something just for yourself, you will quickly lose interest in it. Music needs ears, paintings need eyes. The public doesn't come on its own. Even if you have accounts on special resources where artists exhibit their work, you will not advance a single step if you do not work on it yourself. Creativity is the same product that needs to be promoted. How?! Show it in the right place. Participate in some common project. Make friends with the right people. Hopes won't help you get ahead.

p.s. but the best painter is still Hunter Biden. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...