Name the top 2 things you'd Like to see fixed in Skyrim SE LL mods!

On 3/28/2023 at 11:38 PM, Yinkle said:

1: Have SexLab animations never start in the middle of a wall/bit of terrain/furniture.

Well, at the start of the animation, both actors are moved to the same place, so that's going to be navmeshed and will be somewhere they can stand (else the engine bumps them to somewhere that is navmeshed). The trouble is that the animation can then move one or both actors away from the animation root node, and that can result in them being displaced through walls and the like. I can't think of a fix for it offhand.

On 3/28/2023 at 11:38 PM, Yinkle said:

2: Remove the displayed Target NPC's name once a SexLab scene starts.

Well, you could use ConsoleUtil and write a script that catches the start of animation event and turns the UI off. Not ideal since that would suppress all UI elements, including things like Apropos, the SLSO minigame and MCM access. You'd need to be careful to only do that for events with the player, or else mods that randomly start sex between NPCs would blank out the UI every time a scene started. You'd also need to be careful to restore the UI when the animation ends, and if for some reason the scene glitched out without ending properly, you'd need to re-enable the UI by hand. So doable, but probably more trouble than it's worth.

31 minutes ago, DocClox said:

Well, at the start of the animation, both actors are moved to the same place, so that's going to be navmeshed and will be somewhere they can stand (else the engine bumps them to somewhere that is navmeshed). The trouble is that the animation can then move one or both actors away from the animation root node, and that can result in them being displaced through walls and the like. I can't think of a fix for it offhand.

Just shooting in the dark here, but would some kind of collision check work?

As for the second problem I just toggle menus. Funny thing is that in earlier Beth games this doesn't hide the console.

In the spirit of the op, hmmm.... one I've looked into doing is a patch for slaves to carry over perks/attributes from mods when cloned. The second would be a way around the essential flag without borking any quest related scripts.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Just shooting in the dark here, but would some kind of collision check work?

It's a while since I tried to do anything with animation, but from what I remember, the collision box isn't animated. The body mesh moves, but the collision stays where it is, so colliding with a wall never registers.

And even if you could detect that, how do you find a better place to start the animation, given that there are no rules for where the animators place the actors relative to the animation root? From the same starting point a missionary animation might have both parties lying forward of the starting point, while a laying blowjob might seem them recline backwards. A good location for one animation might be broken for another.

Mh.. Follow me 4 Sex at least has the marker spell where you can somewhat control where a scene starts if you want. Not a fix of course and they are hovering above the ground so you have to fix that with the hotkeys

(why did nobody ever made a standalone version of that feature.. It's neat ?)

Edited by Gukahn

Thinking of "nice to haves", there are a couple of things from AAF that would be good in SexLab:

• A widget on the screen to show when a scene is starting. Just so I can tell the difference between "command got dropped by the engine for some reason" and "it's going to happen but the game is badly script-lagged and ti may take some time". That way I don't start a second scene when the first is still in the pipeline, or other such atrocities.
  • It would be nice to be able to use arrow keys (maybe configurable, possibly with modifiers) to reposition the entire scene. I know we can rotate it, but being able to move everything left/right/forward/back/up/down would solve a lot of issues. The command to temporarily suspend the scene while you moved the player was a good substitute for that, but the recent 30 second delay is too long and I don't like to use it.
  • Speaking of which, an MCM option to change the reposition time window. (We may already have this - I confess, I've not looked).
On 4/4/2023 at 10:27 AM, DocClox said:

It would be nice to be able to use arrow keys (maybe configurable, possibly with modifiers) to reposition the entire scene. I know we can rotate it, but being able to move everything left/right/forward/back/up/down would solve a lot of issues. The command to temporarily suspend the scene while you moved the player was a good substitute for that, but the recent 30 second delay is too long and I don't like to use it.

I'm able to just click the hotkey a second time and a scene resumes. Not sure if it's because of Utility plus tho or my game bugged out right again. This does happen ?

But I agree with your statement, it would be much easier for me and many people still using Sexlab for their Blog stuff to be able to move the last inches to the left or right so Actors lay on beds correctly ? Niopa fucks with angles sometimes when I do it..

Wanna know what I really would love to see? A more flexible Dick that bends a little bit. Working with this always candle straight thing you can only change the angle of is annoying.. Specially if you have to adjust two of those to hit their targets >_>

the sexlab stuff is not a serious fun-spender because of technical reasons-that can´t be created different as long you do not change the game´s animation-engine-behavior, means such things have to become scripted-furthermore are the animations of the past only lumber-jack-style...depending on the hobby-animator´s possibilities and the wish of quick results. And sadly have endless animations being created after guides, which make things more complex as this stuff is in reality and in such way some smoothing of movement could not be reached in a natural way...if now you look at sexlab, you´ll find a huge amount of such animations inside, same is for old ZAP.

Lot of people now use MOCAP for their skyrim-creations. This allows to do serious stuff in no time.

1.) no hair cross, no interaction trigger key, no HUD, no swords on back or where you don't want them in this situation (stripping vs clipping), no arrows on back

[probably all of this is possible with a better setup - sometimes it just fails]

2.) no HDT glitches (tongue issues, deformations e.g.), no frozen mimic, better facial animation

[probably all of this is possible with a better setup]

One doesn't have to like it, but Sims 4 offers superior kink. (but one still misses Skyrim)

Better animation selection options. My dream would be to have a Wicked Whims style animation selector where you can open a menu during a scene and animations are under specific categories based on their tags. I don't know much at all about creating script based Skyrim mods, but I imagine that this kind of thing is difficult to impossible just because of the limitations of the game engine itself.