So I'm watching Beast Machines for the first time.

Kamen Rider Kuuga

Odd how I love Beast Wars, yet up until this point I haven't seen one full episode of the follow up series. Just finished up the first episode, and I like it... but there are still things I have to nitpick. Such as the AllSpark being connected to all living things, when, as I recall, that's only true for everything with Sparks, AKA Transformers. Or them somehow knowing that they cannot transform is because of a virus that they never mention until that point, and then it's not brought up again in the episode.

But anyway, I hope the series keeps being awesome.

Actually Beast Machines is a matter of debate, due to it being seen as no-canon by half of the Beast Wars fans. Reason being is that a more faithful sequel "Beast Wars II" was released as a comic and Japanese Animation which continues the story of Optimus Primal in a different direction than the beast machines story. Personally I didn't even like beast machines when I was a child and Beast Wars II was a very entertaining, though less dark and gritty when compared to Beast Machines. YMMV

I still have some of the toys lol

I found Beast Machines to be unbearable both in plot and aesthetics. Everything is ugly, the characters barely resemble their previous selves in personality, and it's resoundingly dull.

If you want a good Transformers series that actually lives up to the benchmark Beast Wars set, you want Transformers Prime.

Archived