Easter Eggs...

Whilst wandering i found a skeleton arm raised out of the water holding an elven sword. When i took the sword the hand fell into the water and vanished. ( you cant claim to be king just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. )

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae273/Youchimitchu/ScreenShot6.jpg

( went to go find it to take a screen shot its a dwarven sword now guess it alters based on your level.

how old is that cat??

According to him, all his predecessors were also named M'aiq. But he IS the Liar, so...

That wikia link makes my brain twitch, though. It's really grasping for straws. Even tries to say one character is a reference to two things...

Not really sure if this can be classed as an easter egg but regardless I'm sure you would all like to know about it...

Skyrim-landmass.jpg

Green = the rendered landmass within Skyrim

Here is a link to a video of someone going around it in Skyrim:

I'm predicting DLC or good old fashion expansion pack(s) set elsewhere after seeing this. If nothing else this could be good news for modders.

Regards Hawk.

I think this would be an epic idea for Beth to gradually re-release these areas for exploration either via DLC or full expansion pack. The opportunities this could present as far as keeping players busy for years to come would be a largely profitable idea for the company and great experience for players to go back to these shattered lands many years after their major conflicts had been narrowly avoided. I personally would even mind if they were filled with generic quests and such with nothing major to do.

That wikia link makes my brain twitch' date=' though. It's really grasping for straws. Even tries to say one character is a reference to two things...

[/quote']

Mine too. In the Fallout easter eggs section, it lists ruined and burned books being used in Skyrim as an easter egg when it's just Bethesda reusing clutter to save time and resources. It also lists the weapon "Gloves the Pugilist" being an obvious reference to Pugilism Illustrated in NV. Either the writer is unsure what pugilism is, or is simply grasping - that would be like saying the use of the word "the" in Skyrim is some sort of easter egg.

Hate to burst your bubble but large parts of Tamriel were similarily rendered in Oblivion, including Morrowind, Elsweyr and Skyrim. Nothing came of that.

Still it is pretty neat. I especially like the White-Gold Tower placeholder. Nostalgia? Or maybe there is something to that at least. Time will tell.

Hate to burst your bubble but large parts of Tamriel were similarily rendered in Oblivion' date=' including Morrowind, Elsweyr and Skyrim. Nothing came of that.

Still it is pretty neat. I especially like the White-Gold Tower placeholder. Nostalgia? Or maybe there is something to that at least. Time will tell.

[/quote']

Ahhh you see I played Oblivion, and still do on occasion but I didn't know about any of that. Since that is the case then you are probably correct, oh well one can keep his fingers crossed at least.

Regards Hawk.

I don't understand what the point of generating a whole landmass is if you're not going to use it - its a waste of resources. On the other hand, if they do intend to use it, the geography doesn't match up well with Oblivion's world map and would take a ton of work to become usable.

If I had to guess it might be distant land issues, so players don't end up on a border and complain that an empty void is ruining their immersion.

Also maybe keeping their options open, they never put in another province in Oblivion but maybe they thought they might before they came up with Shivering Isles.

While I'm not 100% sure I think having the basic layout present helped the making of the Elsweyr mod a bit easier too.

I could see rendering part of the land mass and stopping to avoid the border issue, but they made a whole landmass.

Of course, trying to make a Bethesda design decision make sense would have the same net effect as staring at Cthulu.

I could see rendering part of the land mass and stopping to avoid the border issue' date=' but they made a whole landmass.

Of course, trying to make a Bethesda design decision make sense would have the same net effect as staring at Cthulu.

[/quote']

I disagree.... at least with Cthulu you have your sanity obliterated. with Bethesda design decisions, it's still there but smothered in insane amounts of insanity.

You're much better off staring at Cthulu, IMO.

Not really sure if this can be classed as an easter egg but regardless I'm sure you would all like to know about it...

Green = the rendered landmass within Skyrim

Here is a link to a video of someone going around it in Skyrim:

I'm predicting DLC or good old fashion expansion pack(s) set elsewhere after seeing this. If nothing else this could be good news for modders.

Regards Hawk.

I'd love for them to do an updated world, rather than an official version of Morrowblivion. I wanna go back to Morrowind to kick those Argonians out of there!

That wikia link makes my brain twitch' date=' though. It's really grasping for straws. Even tries to say one character is a reference to two things...

[/quote']

Mine too. In the Fallout easter eggs section, it lists ruined and burned books being used in Skyrim as an easter egg when it's just Bethesda reusing clutter to save time and resources. It also lists the weapon "Gloves the Pugilist" being an obvious reference to Pugilism Illustrated in NV. Either the writer is unsure what pugilism is, or is simply grasping - that would be like saying the use of the word "the" in Skyrim is some sort of easter egg.

"The", a definitive reference to everything ever made. Speaking of Fallout though, has anybody seen the "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas" reference in FONV? I found it the first day I played it, and I was like "Maybe I'm the 1st one to discover this sh*t!", but I probably wasn't lol. Its a hotel room, with a skeleton in the bath, surrounded by piles of drugs (even the radio too I think), and the main room looked like it had been ransacked (all of this is like a solid reference IMO). Its like Hunter S Thompsons attourney died while OD'ing in the bath (the radio being thrown in), instead of being slapped back into reality. I cant remember if there was a bobblehead or not, but that would've rounded it off

I dont think I've found anything in Skyrim yet, but I DID find a UFO, which turned out to be a jaw-bone, floating around with a mind of its own. Strange, but not an easter egg, obviously.

Just found Kagrenzel which is more of an enigma rather than an easter egg. Can't figure out whats up with the light and whats the meaning of the place other than maybe just an excuse to drop the player from a crazy high height.

If you're talking about a lighthouse, there should be Falmer dungeons below.

Just found Kagrenzel which is more of an enigma rather than an easter egg. Can't figure out whats up with the light and whats the meaning of the place other than maybe just an excuse to drop the player from a crazy high height.

If you're talking about a lighthouse' date=' there should be Falmer dungeons below.

[/quote']

Actually its a ruin high in the mountains to the north of Riften. There is a Falmer ruin below it though... far, far, FAR, below it ;)