AI Voice generator

As ai voice generator is gaining more and more popularity.  There are a lot of videos with character voices created by AI.  I'm counting on it and I hope that soon, using this technology, there will be mods that will add sex dialogues, e.g. for characters from Skyrim or Fallout 4 during scenes.  Is anyone planning to create something with such a ai?

This kinda exists already though its only for the quests, npcs comments etc, not animations https://www.loverslab.com/topic/172662-voice-packs-now-available-se-le-a-list-for-your-convenience/ the issue you run into eventually is just the sheer size of this, its voices added for most voice types, sometimes including some unique ones, even when making BSA packs you can't compress the audio so you end up with giant sound files that eventually slow down game loading significantly (my game takes probably about 2-3 minutes even launching, loading saves isn't so bad though), technically you could add voices to specific scenes, but they wouldn't take into account the partners involved like what type of voice they got, there is one mod that takes advantage of specific sounds for scenes (syncing up sex sounds to specific animations) https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/24417-fx-4-classics-sound-for-some-of-the-best-animations/ . But there is one supposedly better voice right now so I guess we could see some remakes using that if its significantly better?

I made a thread in General Discussion>Modder's Resources regarding xVASynth.  It's a voice synthesis tool with a good number or resource packs, and there are vocal packs for Oblivion, Skyrim, various Fallouts, and more.  Useful for mod developers who wish to add or include audible dialogue.  The Nord/Orc vocal pack for Morrowind and Oblivion... not the best.  The voice of Morrigan in Dragon Age on the other hand... poifect.  And I took the voice of 'Dad' (Liam Neeson simulated) and comically reconstructed his famous TAKEN dialogue and gave him a good laugh.

Using the resources for sex sounds?  Um.... I don't see it.  There are no easy means to get Oohs, Ahhs... or the like in the system. There is buzz that entering something like {sigh} later will generate an actual sigh sound with the voice. But not as yet. Admittedly hit or miss.  Takes some time getting used to the mechanics. ANd the tool is going through a 3rd gen redevelopment.

As far as my BSA vocals... big?  Relatively speaking, yes.  But the original games have large BSA files with audio.  I see no actual increase in load time with them.

There's a website called ElevenLabs that's basically xVAsynth on fucking steroids. The free version is kinda limited but the good thing is you don't have to install like 20GB worth of software on your machine and then spend like 30 mins to make a simple sentence like the case with xVAsynth. Somebody did a deepfake of our meme lord Todd Howard and it's so accurate and hilarious that it's scary. Take a listen:

Todd Howard on Elder Scrolls 6 new features

4 hours ago, 27X said:

yep

So I have my build up. It's not as easy as it seems. You have to train the AI. I wanted to see for myself, but the realism in some cases is freaky, but for the most part, without human interaction you can tell it's synthetic, You need multiple perfect recordings, so that it can learn. If there is any interference it messes with the AI, and will fall off on Vowels and static. It's all Py, which is kinda funny since a lot of hackers love Py. Irony. That would be the language of our destruction.

So I'll just leave this here:

https://pixeldrain.com/u/RxuXSifh

(Edit: For context X-Change is all about taking, or being given, a pill that changes your gender. So the protagonist in the video is, in the story, originally a man who has been given such a pill, one with some extra sideeffects)

This was created by Aphrodite, creator of the 'X-change Life' game you can find right here on LL (and it's also playable in a webbrowser), using AI voice-generation. She has started adding voice to the her game too. So, yeah... this is a thing that is coming as soon as more people figure out how to use it.

Edited by Kashked

Don't know how user rights work with evelenlabs but I really hope we will be able to use this in mods. Sounds much better then VAsynth and not listening to the same old voices I've listened to for so long is great. Even using this for Player character voice set would be amazing.

Edited by Ensom
3 hours ago, Ensom said:

Don't know how user rights work with evelenlabs but I really hope we will be able to use this in mods. Sounds much better then VAsynth and not listening to the same old voices I've listened to for so long is great. Even using this for Player character voice set would be amazing.

For the price you are paying I'm pretty sure you can do what you want with it, in that sense.

I'm thinking about using it for some future projects. Maybe in Starfield mod scene (speculative) it'll see some heavy use.

21 hours ago, devamona said:

I already know about AI text generation, but I haven't seen any information about voice generation.

https://voice.ai/

You can "train" voices with this software real-time. I couldn't mess around with my friends on Discord when I used a female voice changer (i'm male). But they got confused with the voice.ai software. You can train it with your own voice, which is  very nice. It adapts to your voice.

But somtimes it's still a little bit messy or to artificial. Especialy if you change tones.

Edited by Klauw
  • 2 weeks later...

This topic came to my attention recently. I think we all remember that old, janky, robotic, text to speech software, but it came a long way, a very long way.

Just for reference here's a good video talking about it, even has a few Skyrim clips.

This stuff is something you need to see to believe.

Many mods both here and elsewhere don't have voices. Hiring voice actors is expensive and most modders can't afford it.

With this software you can not only generate near perfect immitation of human voices, you can actally take a sample from one of Skyrim's voice actors and make new lines for existing characters(like guards, as demonstrated in the video).

The potential is huge,

It would be pretty impressive if someone missed this without living under literal rock, youtube is just has been bombared with newer AI videos for a while, shitload of memes and shitposts. No one missed this, there just wasn't anything made yet for very specific reasons. One of which is pricing lol yes the mods have janky AI voices but some of them have pretty sizeable amounts of text, you'd have to spend quite a hefty amount to cover all voice types or even if you just stay within some specific ones. I'm not saying no one is gonna do it, but I am gonna say its unlikely to happen to many of the bigger mods unless someone gets sponsored by their patreons.

Edit: to not just be a negative nancy let me add, yep potential is really big, it still doesn't sound quite natural for most voices (Todd's voice was the best so far, maybe he is AI himself?) but its a lot better than the older ones.

Edited by Karkhel
38 minutes ago, Karkhel said:

It would be pretty impressive if someone missed this without living under literal rock, youtube is just has been bombared with newer AI videos for a while, shitload of memes and shitposts. No one missed this, there just wasn't anything made yet for very specific reasons. One of which is pricing lol yes the mods have janky AI voices but some of them have pretty sizeable amounts of text, you'd have to spend quite a hefty amount to cover all voice types or even if you just stay within some specific ones. I'm not saying no one is gonna do it, but I am gonna say its unlikely to happen to many of the bigger mods unless someone gets sponsored by their patreons.

Edit: to not just be a negative nancy let me add, yep potential is really big, it still doesn't sound quite natural for most voices (Todd's voice was the best so far, maybe he is AI himself?) but its a lot better than the older ones.

The one i played around with a bit, ElevenLabs, has a free option where you get 10 000 characters a month and 3 custom voices, cheapest subscription option is 5$ and gives you 30 000 characters a month and 10 custom voices.

Now i realize that, in practice, you will spend 10 000 (or even 30 000) characters much faster than you think, especially if they count spaces between words, but you get the budget back next month. Mods can take months or years to develop, so you could conceivably build up your voice lines over time. 

Another option would be crowd sourcing, i don't know if you can share custom voices but you should be able to get the same voice by using the same set of training clips. You could ask people on the forum to make an account and record some lines for you. I didn't even mention the option of multiple accounts, i don't see any reason why you couldn't make duplicate accounts with multiple email adresses.

I know a lot of people probably already know about it, but i bet some don't because they just dismissed it as the same old text to speech robots. Plus, i think it's good to have a discussion about it, and i didn't see anyone else start one yet.

The mainj problem i see ATM is that those voices are still rather monotone. Don't get me wrong, they are better then i would have imagined, but from what i saw they can only do matter of fact statement sort of thing, i don't think they can do emotional lines, like anger, saddness, happyness etc, that sort of stuff(although someone more skilled at it, and picking the right training material may be able to do it).

Still for stuff like quest givers and exposition they seem pretty good, since most of that stuff tends to be delivered matter of factly. They are not one size fits all solution just yet but there can already be used for things that couldn't be done before.

Oh I've seen discussions about it just in specific already existing voice thread, that's where I got the price part from, apparently voicing every vanilla player text ended up costing 90$ for one voice type, player text is generally not all that long, for sexlab mods you'd generally have to do multiple voice types unless its a quest mod. I'd assume they have something in place to check for people doing multi accounts, cause thats like first thing people are gonna do in any type of service. I'm gonna be really happy if someone uses newer AI to update some mods that don't have up to date voice packs, but I wouldn't expect it as a matter of fact that its gonna happen for sure.

2 minutes ago, Karkhel said:

Oh I've seen discussions about it just in specific already existing voice thread, that's where I got the price part from, apparently voicing every vanilla player text ended up costing 90$ for one voice type, player text is generally not all that long, for sexlab mods you'd generally have to do multiple voice types unless its a quest mod. I'd assume they have something in place to check for people doing multi accounts, cause thats like first thing people are gonna do in any type of service. I'm gonna be really happy if someone uses newer AI to update some mods that don't have up to date voice packs, but I wouldn't expect it as a matter of fact that its gonna happen for sure.

As far as i could see the only thing they ask for is Email address. I think it's like with cloud, you can make bazillion cloud accounts but it's much less convenient.

I think the main obstacle to people using it is going from "wow, somebody could make something really cool with this" to "wow, i could make something really cool with this".

People are slow to adopt new technology. Also voicing your whole mod like this may seem overwhelming, so i would suggest people start with most important NPCs and those that will be easy to implement, and work their way up from there. Making the first step is most important.