In the past I have created folders with the necessary info correctly loaded. Then drag and drop. If problem occurs, drag and drop the correct on. Many times with FNV or F03 I could go in and change the files myself without any issues. I played with it so much I have gone blind... lol. you get the reference.. ;)

I imagine that I could change the info in the MO if I wanted to.. Just need to get use to the layout and tools used that is all. Sometimes however with FNV etc it will be necessary to fix the Fmod issues by installing or configuring the mod outside of the MO. Just makes it neater. I have done some for some mods that needed other mods and some that were just updates to keep data folder smaller and neater.

I am particularly interested in the Profile feature of this mod manager. I could in essence have every version of play through, Nord, Redgard, Kijitte (however that is spelled..lol) male, female version. Then have a play through with the strengths of each fully expressed. Naturally I would have different playthorughs.

I have a very basic install set up. I didn't know that it advised that it be loaded into the game folder. I thought it was suppose to be seperate. Not that it matters to me. I am confortable with editing and messing with the load folder anyway. I could keep it separate of course but I would like one for Oblivion and One to try and play with both F03 and FNV. Being in the folder makes it neater for me to backup and move etc.

I'm in the process of transferring my mods to MO and have struggled a bit trying to figure out the most convenient and intuitive way to install and use FNIS alongside MO.

Here's how I did it:

1. Downloaded (from Nexus) & installed FNIS 4.0 from within MO, just like you would for any other mod.

2. Downloaded & installed FNIS Creature Pack 4.0.3. Same as above.

3. MO complained about the version of Creature Pack being newer than FNIS version, which is, I think what it reads from Nexus. Anyway, I told MO to "ignore" that.

4. Enabled both of these mods.

5. Added GenerateFNISforUsers.exe as an executable in MO.

6. Ran GenerateFNISforUsers.exe from within MO once, just to make sure that it works properly.

7. Even though I won't be running it from my desktop, I let GenerateFNISforUsers create a desktop shortcut icon so that it won't ask for it again.

Well, the part above was pretty straight forward. However, I suppose the more important part is how to deal with the temporary files generated in the "overwrite" folder and here's what I do:

1. Run GenerateFNISforUsers and then refresh the mod list once, so that you can see the temporary files generated in the "overwrite" folder.

2. Right click on the "overwrite" section at the bottom of the mod list and then choose "Sync to Mods" and you should be able to see FNIS in "Sync To" drop down menus for at least a couple of files. Click OK. Doing this will move the three newly generated HKX files into the FNIS mod folder. The game will read those files from within the FNIS mod folder so it's important that you enable FNIS (and FNIS Creature Pack if you installed it).

3. We don't really need the rest of the files in the overwrite folder (bunch of XML and TXT files), so simply delete them. Although, make sure that what you're going to delete were indeed generated by FNIS.

The three steps above is what you should do whenever you install a new mod that requires you to run FNIS.

This seemed to me the best possible way to keep the game's Data folder clean and the installed mods isolated from each other.

HTH.

Maybe this is the problem i am now seeing. i still have fnis installed manually but somehow skse mods like hdt just plain stops working after a while.

I am not sure what the best course of action is since this will make it difficult to identify the real problem. so far fuz rodah and racemenu still works but skse files hdt stops working.

Argh I really should switch to MO, but even if it is better, I have a workflow that works for me right now and I am not relishing having to fix the fuckups that will inevitably happen when I switch.

There are no fuck-ups when you switch to MO.

Feel insecure about something specific, when changing Mod Managers? Just ask, and I'll guide you through it safely, quickly, and easily.

MO loves you

MO has always loved you

MO will always love you

How do i switch off Debug: ModOrgonaizer.log ?? It seem to be creating a huge log file everytime i start skyrim. Anyway this seem to be making more harddrive activity going on in the background. That is making skyrim slowing down for me.

Open the settings tab in the main menu of MO. under log level, change it from 'debug' to 'error'. The only logs you'll get then, will be given if there is an error, and there will be minimal info in the log, so file size will be very small, thus leaving your game running at it's normal speed.

post-111270-0-46415400-1384415788_thumb.jpg

@MusicalMan:  I've taken the liberty of moving your PM's to the MO thread

Sent 12 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 0 posts

Hello

I'm trying to use MO since most people recommend it compared to NMM

SO I got it installed, and downloaded FMIS and SexAddicts

They show up on the plugin tab and the left table

I got the FNIS to generate and what not

The only problem I'm getting is when I start the game (through MO using SKSE)

Nothing shows up in the game.

Am I doing something wrong?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent 12 November 2013 - 04:38 PM

Mega Poster

• photo-thumb-111270.jpg?_r=1378884341
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,336 posts

Do you have any other mods? Do you have all the other things you'll need, like a nude body, and a skeleton? Do you have MO installed in your Skyrim directory? Also, did you get the very newest SA? Waxenfigure just recently released a version that's repackaged for MO. If you need help with MO related problems, please post your issues on the MO thread. That's what it's there for. I've been getting a lot of PM's from people, but they should be using the thread. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent Yesterday, 12:34 PM

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 0 posts

Ah...Perhaps that's the problem..

Well, to be more informative

After following everyone's guide, I start Skyrim but none of the mods would show or be activated.

And yes, I installed the MO in the skyrim folder

Though I should get the nude body and skeleton I'm guessing.

The one problem and confusion I have is how do you install FNIS through MO without using the NMM? When I ran it through NMM, it properly showed the mods but the only problem was the animation wasn't smooth, and none of the SA keys would work.

@MusicalMan:  I've taken the liberty of moving your PM's to the MO thread

Sent 12 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 0 posts

Hello

I'm trying to use MO since most people recommend it compared to NMM

SO I got it installed, and downloaded FMIS and SexAddicts

They show up on the plugin tab and the left table

I got the FNIS to generate and what not

The only problem I'm getting is when I start the game (through MO using SKSE)

Nothing shows up in the game.

Am I doing something wrong?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent 12 November 2013 - 04:38 PM

Mega Poster

• photo-thumb-111270.jpg?_r=1378884341
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,336 posts

Do you have any other mods? Do you have all the other things you'll need, like a nude body, and a skeleton? Do you have MO installed in your Skyrim directory? Also, did you get the very newest SA? Waxenfigure just recently released a version that's repackaged for MO. If you need help with MO related problems, please post your issues on the MO thread. That's what it's there for. I've been getting a lot of PM's from people, but they should be using the thread. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent Yesterday, 12:34 PM

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 0 posts

Ah...Perhaps that's the problem..

Well, to be more informative

After following everyone's guide, I start Skyrim but none of the mods would show or be activated.

And yes, I installed the MO in the skyrim folder

Though I should get the nude body and skeleton I'm guessing.

The one problem and confusion I have is how do you install FNIS through MO without using the NMM? When I ran it through NMM, it properly showed the mods but the only problem was the animation wasn't smooth, and none of the SA keys would work.

@MusicalMan:

Yes, you'll need a nude body, and a skeleton to make it all work right. The first page of this thread (OP) explains how to install FNIS. I recommend installing FNIS manually. The nude body and skeleton should be easy to find. Just visit Nexus, and 'search' for 'body', and you'll see quite a few of them. Then, 'search' for 'skeleton'. You'll see a few of those pop up as well (sorry, I don't feel like linking that many different bodies and skeletons).

I recommend CHSBHC, but it doesn't have quite as many armors as UNP and CBBE, and all the others. I recommend the XP32 Maximum Skeleton.

You should just take your mods out of NMM (unless you already downloaded each of your mods manually, into a seperate folder of your own), and put them all into MO. Then, you should relocate NMM to the Recycle Bin. Then, empty the Recycle Bin, so you don't get any ideas of taking it back out, and using it.

MO is all you'll need from now on, so remember to always download mods 'manually' into a seperate folder. Name it SkyMods, or something, to know where to download them, and where to tell MO to look to install those mods.

There are always fuckups when you change anything. Still, I did decide to try it when I heard that NMM is adding profiles but will make you reinstall everything. That makes MO, with its NMM import, actually a lower barrier than staying with NMM. So far things seem mostly ok, although the NMM import did not grab the version data of my mods. Rather than manually update all of them, I just hid the version tab. I am used to manually keeping tabs on my files anyway. Not tried profiles yet or tested my game more than for a second to see if it would load. Right now I am doing a ``clean`` run of skyrim with no sex mods, I will probably implement all the sex stuff in its own profile when I am done with that so I can switch interchangeably. Sometimes the sex stuff distracts me and I fail to accomplish anything. Shame you can`t freely install and uninstall mods in a save file. That should be the next thing Tannin works on, automagically maintaining clean saves even with mod switching :P

(Also I am in a ramble-y mood if you could not tell)

I wouldn't count on that happening, or even being considered. That's where Bethesda comes in. There's a terribly long explanation as to why it won't happen, so I'll just leave the explanation alone. Just know that it won't be happening. If it DID happen, it would be a damned miracle.

AwfulArchdemon is correct. If my understanding of the save issue related to Skyrim is correct it would be almost impossible and a great feat of coding. It might be possible because Tannin42 has done incredible work so far. However there is so much more pressing work to do with MO before anything like that should be considered even if it could be considered.

Forgive me if this has been posted before.

• 1.Since MO supports multiple games you can also have multiple folders each with the game configured.  However each installation only manages one game. Correct?
  • I have read that MO advises it to be installed in the game folder that it will use to manage the game? Correct? However I hear people indicating that it don't need to touch the game folder which implies that they are using it outside of the game folder. this is the case how to they keep the folders separated and know which shortcut that they are using for each game and MO configuration folder. I only was trying to configure the Skyrim and accidentally started the game since both shortcuts look the same. I guess I can change the shortcuts icons easy enough.
  • MO works well so far with mods that can be installed directly. However I get confused on what to do with script extenders and such. I don't plan on changing them and will keep them in the game for all my games in the future. Wouldn't it be just better to install the SKSE, FOSE, OBSE and such manually into the actual game folder, back that up and then work on the mods that I want. To get the Scripts and such to work properly direct the link to the folder in question?
  •  

My sincerest apologies. I am reading post and instructions but it just isn't clicking. I have years of training doing it the "hard way" and my brain is not accepting the new "easy way" of doing things.

I've been playing Skyrim for about a year and now someone recommended MO, and I needed a fresh install anyway. So at any rate I'm having trouble getting CBBE, TBBP, FNIS, CHSBHC and the XPMS working. I tried to just install those directly to Skyrim but it doesn't seem to want to work. I could use some input what order to install them, and how to do it with MO or if I should direct install. I've had to reinstall Skyrim like 5 times in the last week to flush mods.

Forgive me if this has been posted before.

• 1.Since MO supports multiple games you can also have multiple folders each with the game configured.  However each installation only manages one game. Correct?
  • I have read that MO advises it to be installed in the game folder that it will use to manage the game? Correct? However I hear people indicating that it don't need to touch the game folder which implies that they are using it outside of the game folder. this is the case how to they keep the folders separated and know which shortcut that they are using for each game and MO configuration folder. I only was trying to configure the Skyrim and accidentally started the game since both shortcuts look the same. I guess I can change the shortcuts icons easy enough.
  • MO works well so far with mods that can be installed directly. However I get confused on what to do with script extenders and such. I don't plan on changing them and will keep them in the game for all my games in the future. Wouldn't it be just better to install the SKSE, FOSE, OBSE and such manually into the actual game folder, back that up and then work on the mods that I want. To get the Scripts and such to work properly direct the link to the folder in question?
  •  

My sincerest apologies. I am reading post and instructions but it just isn't clicking. I have years of training doing it the "hard way" and my brain is not accepting the new "easy way" of doing things.

Okay, I'll skip to the part where everything works. I installed my MO into my Skyrim directory. I installed another MO into my Oblivion directory. MO instantly recognizes a game when you put MO right in the main directory. You can run only one game per MO, but it hurts nothing to install MO into more than 1 game (1 MO per game).

And you're right, MO and SKSE have the same shortcut icons. I put mine in a special order on my desktop. My SKSE/MO icon is on the right of my desktop, in a diamond formation with my other game icons, like Defiance, Sims 3, Saint's Row IV, etc, so I know it's not going to open MO, but rather, it will play the game running SKSE.

I pinned MO itself onto my taskbar. I am all about MO, so the taskbar seemed like an excellent idea. Plus, I may need to investigate MO to answer a question posted here that I don't know the answer to from time to time (happened once already  :P)

You could change the icons, if you want, but I'd say use the taskbar method, especially if you just installed MO, because you'll be using it a lot, if you haven't already pit all of your mods in there yet. I do it because I only play Obl right now. When I go back to Skyrim, I'll keep playing that, and thus switch the icon on the taskbar to the MO/SKSE shortcut I have. I have backups of my shortcuts, even. Overly prepared, I guess.

About installation method of SKSE, OBSE, etc, I'll always install those manually. I won't be finding a good reason to uninstall any of those, so they are perfectly welcome in my game's directory. MO's most important purpose, is to install mods without overwriting existing files. To that end, all mods will be installed into MO, even Ashal's SL framework. Script extender, FNIS, etc are manual for me. And it's perfectly fine with me. At that point, it's just a matter of telling MO to run them.

I definately did things the hard way too. That's why I started this thread.  ;)

I've been playing Skyrim for about a year and now someone recommended MO, and I needed a fresh install anyway. So at any rate I'm having trouble getting CBBE, TBBP, FNIS, CHSBHC and the XPMS working. I tried to just install those directly to Skyrim but it doesn't seem to want to work. I could use some input what order to install them, and how to do it with MO or if I should direct install. I've had to reinstall Skyrim like 5 times in the last week to flush mods.

Install FNIS manually. The readme file that comes with FNIS explains how to install it, and you can refer to the 1st page of this thread.

Install XPMS into MO, and if you don't know, you can't install CBBE, TBBP, and CHSBHC all at the same time. It's just way the question was asked that makes me mention it...sounded like you installed everything manually. I use CHSBHC. Install the skeleton after the body (lower in the load order). I recommend putting the skeleton fairly low in the load order.

Install FNIS manually. The readme file that comes with FNIS explains how to install it, and you can refer to the 1st page of this thread.

Install XPMS into MO, and if you don't know, you can't install CBBE, TBBP, and CHSBHC all at the same time. It's just way the question was asked that makes me mention it...sounded like you installed everything manually. I use CHSBHC. Install the skeleton after the body (lower in the load order). I recommend putting the skeleton fairly low in the load order.

In another thread I had the crushed boobs problem and I was told to install CHSBHC then CBBE then XPMS. I'm getting a little confused by all of this. I like the CBBE body slide thing but after I saw the animations for the TBBP jiggle I was hooked on that. My most recent attempt I manually installed CHSBHC, CBBE, TBBP, XPMS and FNIS.

Okay, I'll skip to the part where everything works. I installed my MO into my Skyrim directory. I installed another MO into my Oblivion directory. MO instantly recognizes a game when you put MO right in the main directory. You can run only one game per MO, but it hurts nothing to install MO into more than 1 game (1 MO per game).

Got it. I understood that part but wanted some guidance from someone that has multiple games running (oblivion and Skyrim) perfectly and understands the process very well. One question did you put it in the folder "MO folder' or did you extract the folder and place it in the game.. Otherwords you can see the Overwrite folder and the exe for Skyrim. It works both ways (so far) just want the "best" for my installs. Thanks.

And you're right, MO and SKSE have the same shortcut icons. I put mine in a special order on my desktop. My SKSE/MO icon is on the right of my desktop, in a diamond formation with my other game icons, like Defiance, Sims 3, Saint's Row IV, etc, so I know it's not going to open MO, but rather, it will play the game running SKSE.

Thanks again. Good advice. For me however the desktop is clean however the tool bar is used and placing them in a certain order can help. If I am still annoyed I will just changed the icon. That should also work as well.

pinned MO itself onto my taskbar. I am all about MO, so the taskbar seemed like an excellent idea. Plus, I may need to investigate MO to answer a question posted here that I don't know the answer to from time to time (happened once already  :P)

What.. you don't know an answer to a MO question... :P

About installation method of SKSE, OBSE, etc, I'll always install those manually. I won't be finding a good reason to uninstall any of those, so they are perfectly welcome in my game's directory. MO's most important purpose, is to install mods without overwriting existing files. To that end, all mods will be installed into MO, even Ashal's SL framework. Script extender, FNIS, etc are manual for me. And it's perfectly fine with me. At that point, it's just a matter of telling MO to run them.

I installed SKSE manually so far but FNIS was installed using the mod manager and seems to work mostly. Some of the animations or interactions don't work but that could be me doing something wrong because my understanding if some of the FNIS works all should be working provided I clicked on the correct boxes. The issue with FNIS is it had to be reordered for the installer to like it. I don't know if it would work anyway without this. I also ended up with many things in the overwrite folder. The only time this has happened so far. Could be that is the cause of some of my issues. Good to know that some things can be installed manually to the folder. I can install the base install of what I will use for the most part and then move to MO for the rest of the mods that will cause issues. Hud mods can be installed or configured (combined) outside of the game and packaged up then MO should be able to handle it from there.

In another thread I had the crushed boobs problem and I was told to install CHSBHC then CBBE then XPMS. I'm getting a little confused by all of this. I like the CBBE body slide thing but after I saw the animations for the TBBP jiggle I was hooked on that. My most recent attempt I manually installed CHSBHC, CBBE, TBBP, XPMS and FNIS.

If TBBP is what you want to use, then yes, you'll need to install CBBE, then XPMS, then CHSBHC V3-T.

This is where I get confused. I've never used TBBP. I use CHSBHC, but nothing else (except the skeleton of course). No CBBE is installed for me, yet CH-yada yada works perfectly. Sometimes, I don't understand these requirements. I've never used CBBE, but I've used stuff that says it's required. Weird.

Anyway, sorry for confusion. I'm only telling you to install CBBE because the Nexus page I linked says it's necessary. I was always a UNPB guy, but then switched to CHSBHC, once and for all.

btw, I never got the crushed boobs thing, even when I used stuff that claimed CBBE was required. Like I said, weird.

Got it. I understood that part but wanted some guidance from someone that has multiple games running (oblivion and Skyrim) perfectly and understands the process very well. One question did you put it in the folder "MO folder' or did you extract the folder and place it in the game.. Otherwords you can see the Overwrite folder and the exe for Skyrim. It works both ways (so far) just want the "best" for my installs. Thanks.

Thanks again. Good advice. For me however the desktop is clean however the tool bar is used and placing them in a certain order can help. If I am still annoyed I will just changed the icon. That should also work as well.

pinned MO itself onto my taskbar. I am all about MO, so the taskbar seemed like an excellent idea. Plus, I may need to investigate MO to answer a question posted here that I don't know the answer to from time to time (happened once already  :P)

What.. you don't know an answer to a MO question... :P

I installed SKSE manually so far but FNIS was installed using the mod manager and seems to work mostly. Some of the animations or interactions don't work but that could be me doing something wrong because my understanding if some of the FNIS works all should be working provided I clicked on the correct boxes. The issue with FNIS is it had to be reordered for the installer to like it. I don't know if it would work anyway without this. I also ended up with many things in the overwrite folder. The only time this has happened so far. Could be that is the cause of some of my issues. Good to know that some things can be installed manually to the folder. I can install the base install of what I will use for the most part and then move to MO for the rest of the mods that will cause issues. Hud mods can be installed or configured (combined) outside of the game and packaged up then MO should be able to handle it from there.

I never used the installer. I just got the manual package, and extracted it strait into my Skyrim dir.

My overwrites folder shows nothing but my ski.pex file someone on Nexus made me (to get rid of the error I was getting about Papyrus code 4), and  a few mods I made.

That question I couldn't answer...I answered it. It just took a little investigating.  ;)

I install FNIS manually. That's all I can say. I can only assume that FNIS can be installed via MO. I prefer manual installation oof base mods like FNIS, SKSE, etc. I install SkyUI via MO, though.

If TBBP is what you want to use, then yes, you'll need to install CBBE, then XPMS, then CHSBHC V3-T.

This is where I get confused. I've never used TBBP. I use CHSBHC, but nothing else (except the skeleton of course). No CBBE is installed for me, yet CH-yada yada works perfectly. Sometimes, I don't understand these requirements. I've never used CBBE, but I've used stuff that says it's required. Weird.

Anyway, sorry for confusion. I'm only telling you to install CBBE because the Nexus page I linked says it's necessary. I was always a UNPB guy, but then switched to CHSBHC, once and for all.

btw, I never got the crushed boobs thing, even when I used stuff that claimed CBBE was required. Like I said, weird.

OK I want to make this work on the first shot. I install CBBE/bodyslider, then XPMS, then CHSBHC then the TBBP animations in that specific order? Do I need FNIS and if so where in that order to I install it? Finally, do I install this all with MO or do it manually?

Here goes. Most of my confusion is because one post says install XX manually, another says use MO, another says you don't need it and yet another says install in a different order.

Hey I'm just as confused as you. I didn't think CBBE was necessary for CHSBHC/TBBP. FNIS does not to be installed to use the body, but you'd be crazy not to install FNIS. FNIS is the bread-and-butter of Skyrim. Use it. Install that, and SKSE manually. Refer to 1st page.

Sorry for any confusion, but remember, this is the MO thread. I haven't used every body, so they may now require different things that they once did. If you have any MO questions specifically, I will get you through it, if it's the last thing I do. B)