FNIS XXXXL Patch

View File

Hello everyone, have you ever reach the animation limit after installing lots of SexLab animations? Even FNIS XXL with support of 32000 animations cannot satisfy you? Always hit the Error 2026: Too many animations when running FNIS? Here is a solution.

What does this patch do:

• Increases the animation count limit of FNIS to 131071. I think the limit should be enough for all the users? If you just need more, post me and maybe I will create another even larger patch.
  • Remove the FNIS 2000 limit on animations from single mod. @numen13 mentioned that this may makes FNIS work with other Nemesis mods like Animated Eating Redux SE / MCO. (You will still need Nemesis, just overwrite FNIS output with Nemesis output, but FNIS will no longer crash)

Hard Requirement: FNIS 7.6 XXL SE

Soft Requirement:

This patch only increases the limit of FNIS itself, you may need other patches to increase the animation count limit of Skyrim and SexLab.

Usage:

Since I cannot redistribute the modified FNIS as Fore has announced, so the provided file is only a binary patch. You will need a bsdiff/bspatch tool to apply the patch file on GenerateFNISForUsers.exe from FNIS 7.6 XXL SE. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just google bsdiff/bspatch. These bsdiff/bspatch tools should be easy to install under any Linux systems, as for Windows, some prebuilt binary can also be found on the Internet.

How to tell if you success:

• Check the MD5 checksum: The MD5 checksum of the patched exe should be 6292e3f8e7f2da87773f8de3325bbdda, just provided here for checking. If you meet any unexpected behavior, check the checksum first!
  • Check the FNIS title, see the screenshots comparison.

As for LE support: This patch should also work for FNIS XXL LE, but you may need more patches and find replacement of patches mentioned. Again, read this article to understand what patches you will need.

Some recommended methods to reduce FNIS animations:

It is said that more FNIS animations lead to less stability. So before using this patch, try to reduce the FNIS animations first. These methods include:

• Remove some SexLab animations, which is obvious but hard for people like me. ?
  • Remove vanilla animations come with SexLab, which is hardly used. The mod SL Default Animation Remover already do this for you.
  • Using replacement animations mod not depending on FNIS. I usually prefer to DAR mods instead of FNIS mods, which is faster and more stable. This topic provide a method to convert some of Devious Devices animations to DAR animations, which reduces FNIS animations a lot.

Some distinguishments:

• FNIS animations is not simply equal to SexLab animations. In fact, FNIS animations usually > SexLab animations + combat animations (such as PCA) + Poses + ...
  • SexLab animations usually consists of multiple stages and multiple actors, every actor in every stage is a FNIS animation. So 1000 SexLab animations reaching SexLab limit is usually far beyond the FNIS limit.

Credit: All the amazing FNIS tools are created by Fore, and only the patch file is created by myself. It's free to make any non-commercial use of the patch file without my permissions. As for the FNIS tools, you will need the permissions from Fore.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/25/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    FNIS SE XXL
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Edited by Ricardo-Evans

The more users want to use animation-idles inside of their games, the more additional problems occure - the game has it´s limits and this can´t become solved by stepping ahead to make idles become a limitless use. Specially not in the case of using FNIS, which adds definitive an instability to the games, depending on the amount of animation-idles, which are becoming integrated. The result will be again and once-more user setups with more and  a higher degree of instability.

The problem of FNIS mostly is not the new idles-integration coming with a serious normal amount (about 4000-8000 idles) if it is used moderate and which is working well, the problem of FNIS is the way how some idles are being added into the new creations of it´s animation-graph, which is simply not game-compatible and which work only with bad effects which then are tried to become solved by script-code of different other mods-which is of course a correction on the wrong end.

Those integration-tools will only work as well as the user is handling the idle-additions with care and with serious limits.

FNIS needs other basic overhauls before even thinking about more idles which then even can´t become added seriously into the game-so with this, you cause multiple more mistakes into the behavior-graph.

3 hours ago, sinph said:

But SL has a hard cap of 1000, so why? Also nemesis seems to work well enough.

You will need some animation slots patches. In my memory, SexLab Utility Plus increase the SL slots, while you can also use SexLab sslAnimationSlots 2000 to even increase more.

Moreover, you will also need to patch Skyrim itself to increase the idle animation limit. The existing patches include SSE Engine Fixes and Animation Limit Crash Fix SSE.

For Skyrim LE, you will need even more patches including memory limit patches, etc. You can read this article to understand what patches you will need.

Another thing is that the count of SexLab animations is not equal to FNIS animations count. We usually use SLAL to load SexLab animations, which is only a part of FNIS animations. The FNIS animations include more like combat animations, etc.

As for Nemesis, I don't know exactly whether it has animations count limit. However, it doesn't support creature animations and often crashes on my computer. So lots of users may still prefer FNIS. If you can use Nemesis of normal FNIS without animation count problem, this patch is not needed.

Hi thank you for sharing your fix. I actually have this error but i don't get it working :(

Steps i did:

1. Download Diff tool from here https://www.pokorra.de/coding/bsdiff.html (https://download.pokorra.de/coding/bsdiff_win_exe.zip)

2. Copy your patch file and GenerateFNISforUsers.exe in the diff tool folder

3. Run the command .\bspatch.exe .\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe .\OwnFNIS.exe .\FNIS.patch

4. Copy OwnFNIS.exe beside original GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

5. Add OwnFNIS.exe in MO2

6. Execute it... and i still get ERROR(2026): Too many animations

With Nemesis i got about 40k animations

2 hours ago, t.ara said:

The more users want to use animation-idles inside of their games, the more additional problems occure - the game has it´s limits and this can´t become solved by stepping ahead to make idles become a limitless use. Specially not in the case of using FNIS, which adds definitive an instability to the games, depending on the amount of animation-idles, which are becoming integrated. The result will be again and once-more user setups with more and  a higher degree of instability.

The problem of FNIS mostly is not the new idles-integration coming with a serious normal amount (about 4000-8000 idles) if it is used moderate and which is working well, the problem of FNIS is the way how some idles are being added into the new creations of it´s animation-graph, which is simply not game-compatible and which work only with bad effects which then are tried to become solved by script-code of different other mods-which is of course a correction on the wrong end.

Those integration-tools will only work as well as the user is handling the idle-additions with care and with serious limits.

FNIS needs other basic overhauls before even thinking about more idles which then even can´t become added seriously into the game-so with this, you cause multiple more mistakes into the behavior-graph.

FNIS is really an old tool to do the task and causes lots of problems. However, there isn't any really drop-in replacement so far. DAR can't handle SexLab animations, while Nemesis can't handle creature animations, and other tools have other problems. FNIS may be a wrong approach, but is already used for years and lots of community content depend on it. This patch is only for people who have to use FNIS and meet the animation limit problem and don't want to give up any animation like me.

4 minutes ago, numen13 said:

I got the same Hash and it is not overwritten by something.

Proof:

image.png.1917ccc544651ef28c116b88846bcbc3.png

That's really strange. I have just checked my version, the hash is same and no 2026 errors. After removing the patched FNIS, the 2026 errors are thrown again. I think maybe you should rename the patched exe to the origin name and override it.

37 minutes ago, Ricardo-Evans said:

I made another patch for you, which simply removes the animation limit check. The patched exe cannot works well but should report different errors if you apply the patch correctly.

FNIS Unlimited.patch 23.74 kB · 0 downloads

This one runs without an error.

Edit: I got i bit touchy with my in game Dog and this seem to work out  ;)

image.png.9e2008034c8279e4c92884b8d68ca907.png

Edited by numen13
Add infos
10 minutes ago, numen13 said:

This one runs without an error

image.png.9e2008034c8279e4c92884b8d68ca907.png

OK I have figured out your problem. It is caused by too many animations from a single mod instead of too many animations in total. FNIS will also throw Error 2026 if the animations count of a single mod (more precisely, a single FNIS list) is beyond 2000.

According to your screenshot, the mod causing problem is animated eating redux. Maybe you are not using the latest version? Or someone just do a wrong merge? Anyway, I will provide another patch as soon as possible to avoid similar problem.

30 minutes ago, numen13 said:

Animated Eating Redux SE / MCO does not support FNIS officially, i overwrite the FNIS output for characters with the Nemesis ouput because of this.

And i am using the latest version (4.6.0)

Hello I have released a new patch just now, should solve your problem.

Would love to see this working. I was hoping for something like this a long time. But like the some others here i have absolute no clue what to do without Text or Video Tutorial.

At the bsdiff/bspatch tool Page what do i have to download exactly? I tried the exe. and dropped it on my desktop but there is nothing opening?

42 minutes ago, Einheit501 said:

Would love to see this working. I was hoping for something like this a long time. But like the some others here i have absolute no clue what to do without Text or Video Tutorial.

At the bsdiff/bspatch tool Page what do i have to download exactly? I tried the exe. and dropped it on my desktop but there is nothing opening?

bsdiff/bspatch tools are used to create or apply the patch. You should download a zip on the page which contains the two exe: bsdiff.exe and bspatch.exe

Long story short, the patch file provided here is acturally the difference between the original FNIS XXL and FNIS XXXXL, the relationship is: 

• When I make the patch, the patch file = FNIS XXXXL - FNIS XXL
  • When you apply the patch, FNIS XXXXL = FNIS XXL + the patch file

Although I have the final FNIS XXXXL exe, I cannot distribute it since Fore has forbidden redistribution. So this is the bypass way: I share only what I modified, you download the origin FNIS XXL by Fore, and apply my editions.

You will need to use bspatch.exe to apply the patch. bspatch.exe is a command-line tool used widely in programmers, but it may looks scary for other people. You can find lots of tutorials about how to use it and it's quite simple actually. Just open your command-line and type what those turtorials told you and you will get the result.

I'm working on making a single-click patcher tool to do all the tasks, but it requires some time. So if you don't want to learn those scary tools, just wait one or two days.

3 hours ago, Ricardo-Evans said:

bsdiff/bspatch tools are used to create or apply the patch. You should download a zip on the page which contains the two exe: bsdiff.exe and bspatch.exe

Long story short, the patch file provided here is acturally the difference between the original FNIS XXL and FNIS XXXXL, the relationship is: 

• When I make the patch, the patch file = FNIS XXXXL - FNIS XXL
  • When you apply the patch, FNIS XXXXL = FNIS XXL + the patch file

Although I have the final FNIS XXXXL exe, I cannot distribute it since Fore has forbidden redistribution. So this is the bypass way: I share only what I modified, you download the origin FNIS XXL by Fore, and apply my editions.

You will need to use bspatch.exe to apply the patch. bspatch.exe is a command-line tool used widely in programmers, but it may looks scary for other people. You can find lots of tutorials about how to use it and it's quite simple actually. Just open your command-line and type what those turtorials told you and you will get the result.

I'm working on making a single-click patcher tool to do all the tasks, but it requires some time. So if you don't want to learn those scary tools, just wait one or two days.

Ok thank you this makes me understand the core thing about those files. Will give it a try but i think i have to rely on the patcher you working on. 

In any Case thanks for the work and effort!