Gay Archetypes

Hey, as of the latest patch and GT expansion, I’m running into an issue where none of the male elders in my game will age. They consistently show the same number of days left in their lifespan. I’ve double checked all my mods, and it seems to only occur when I have gay archetypes 1.2 running (as soon as I take out the mod the elders age and die as they’re supposed to). Wondering if anyone else has run into this/if anyone knows of a fix?

I will say that the public version of this mod is not yet updated for rhe GT patch yet. I fortunately and unfortunately was  in the midst of a big update that still needs testing when the patch came through, so the compatibility update to this mod will be included in that. that being said, it looks like at some point i might have accidentally made the hidden daddy trait block aging. I'll fix that in the next patch. 

36 minutes ago, Chris Pyre said:

@Lux Lux it does depending on their traits. feminine walk should just be twinks. I'll add a preference to turn that off. 

Thx! It was just one big Sashay but most of them werent queeny. I think most of my characters are what you are calling Gaybros. But it seemed to overide emotional walking a good deal of the time. Like hot headed, ADD sims were just swishing here and there instead of their usual stomp, stomp stomp. And the muscle daddies were sending out bottom vibes. 

My question is when are these recent update that has the hotfixes come out. It just depends, but the line between Muscle Bear, Bear, Cub, and Wolf keep getting blurred and there is are switching around so often and never the same. Like I want just a standard bear or cub, but as soon as my Sims wants to work out even just a little, he becomes the muscle varient and acquires and start bulking muscle. The muscle worship traits also get tagged on as well and he just easily gets gains. 

I've also made some leather guys and I not seeing any of the leather traits on their list. I'm confused on that. I've even have them wearing leather and i have them go to bars.

I really love this concept. But I had to uninstall.

The description doesnt indicate it changes the body. It sounds like its traits and social interaction.   I have Sims that look awful and mishapen and  I'm having to fix because they were randomly assigned things like Twunk and Muscle Pup. The muscle slider went to 100%. And they were created to be skinny twinks.  But its not just the muscle gain. The body presets used for them dont really work with 100% muscle mass so they look weird and unnatural. Other presets I have are muscular to begin with and anything set very high not only looks unnatural and cartoonish but clothes dont fit right and make look even weirder. 

@Lux Lux I'm not sure what's happening, as there isn't anything in this mod that intentionally edits physique stats. It's meant to work as you described, assign traits based on the existing body type, not the other way around. Some personality traits allow sims go grow muscle or fat slightly faster, but it doesn't out right change their stats. As for incorrectly assign traits if folks could possibly send me the logging details on the sims that will be helpful for diagnosing why the traits are being inccorectly assigned :)

Edited by Chris Pyre
  • 2 weeks later...

It'd be cool if the mod only asked the player whether to add certain traits when the sim is part of a Played Household, instead of adding them automatically? The vanilla Self Discovery pop-ups sound like a useful model to study for that.

Also... pretty plz add the <!--comments--> to each ID in your .package and #nameTheIds in your .py script? Unless the goal was obfuscation, in which case you should only include .pyc files in the .ts4script, or you're using some dev tool I don't know about. I just wanted to try to fix it for my own use (it's causing the attached "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'min_lod_value'" error on existing household load).

Also, in the injected functions, you might want to capture the original function's return value and make sure all code paths return it, just in case? And I assume you couldn't just XML Injector instead of having your own script?

mc_lastexception.html

Edited by clubzfanboy
6 hours ago, clubzfanboy said:

It'd be cool if the mod only asked the player whether to add certain traits when the sim is part of a Played Household, instead of adding them automatically? The vanilla Self Discovery pop-ups sound like a useful model to study for that.

Also... pretty plz add the <!--comments--> to each ID in your .package and #nameTheIds in your .py script? Unless the goal was obfuscation, in which case you should only include .pyc files in the .ts4script, or you're using some dev tool I don't know about. I just wanted to try to fix it for my own use (it's causing the attached "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'min_lod_value'" error on existing household load).

Also, in the injected functions, you might want to capture the original function's return value and make sure all code paths return it, just in case? And I assume you couldn't just XML Injector instead of having your own script?

mc_lastexception.html 1.59 MB · 0 downloads

I'm using mod constructor, which generates both the package and script files. AFAIK it only adds the interactions, as it doesn't generat script files for mods without interactions. I don't have control over the commments either, without adding them all in manuallly after exporting. Obfuscation was not the intent.

just a quick question, is a sim with any of these traits completely prevented from gaining romance with sims marked 'female'? i play with a lot of trans sims and i kind of hate how mix-and-matching the body frames looks so some of my gay sims are selected as female with the female frame, just with pronouns and other gender settings adjusted. i'm not currently able to open up my game or i'd check myself ^^;;

20 hours ago, LaundryBasketLid said:

just a quick question, is a sim with any of these traits completely prevented from gaining romance with sims marked 'female'? i play with a lot of trans sims and i kind of hate how mix-and-matching the body frames looks so some of my gay sims are selected as female with the female frame, just with pronouns and other gender settings adjusted. i'm not currently able to open up my game or i'd check myself ^^;;

the mod doesnt affect romance, just looks at existing stats and traits and applies labels on them. I'm not sure if the mod will work with your set up however as the traits only apply to sims labeled male (regardless of frame), since the traits were ending up on cis women sims. so you might not get traits on those sims, but you will definitely be able to romance them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, TheNeighborhoodSimmer said:

THE UPDATE HAS ARRIVED!

I'm so ready to see this back in my game!

I'm glad! Again so sorry it took so long. Growing together easily set me back by a month (more so due to mod constructor breaking then my actual mods) and then figuring out the clothing changes for the lot traits took a lot of trial and error to get right.

Its from ww but I made it so for most gay sims to have it unless they have they loyal trait. This is meant to recreate the casual nature of hook up culture IRL. You can remove the trait using ww if you don't want it on your sims, and there's a prefrence in CAS to not automatically add ww traits. I'm toning down the automatic addition of wicked traits in the future since folks didn't really like it.

in some cases, the menu wont open with some sims, i have a 5 members family, and it wont open for one of them, even if i restart the game, tried in other lots, and happend the same, wont work for one member of the family, the 1.2 update worked fine

• File 'C:\Users\rpola\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\GayArchetypes 1.3 Public\ChrisPyre_GayArchetypes.ts4script\ChrisPyre_GayArchetypes.py', line 10, in _inject [ args : (<sims4.tuning.instance_manager.InstanceManager object at 0x00007FF48E8C4550>,), new_function : <function ChrisPyre_GayArchetypes_AddMixer_163713 at 0x00007FF34283BB90>, target_function : <function InstanceManager.load_data_into_class_instances at 0x00007FF34283BB00>]
  • File 'C:\Users\rpola\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\GayArchetypes 1.3 Public\ChrisPyre_GayArchetypes.ts4script\ChrisPyre_GayArchetypes.py', line 43, in ChrisPyre_GayArchetypes_AddMixer_163713 [ original : <function InstanceManager.load_data_into_class_instances at 0x00007FF34283BB00>, self : InstanceManager_action]
  • File 'C:\Users\rpola\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\GayArchetypes 1.3 Public\ChrisPyre_GayArchetypes.ts4script\ChrisPyre_GayArchetypes.py', line 10, in _inject [ args : (<sims4.tuning.instance_manager.InstanceManager object at 0x00007FF48E8C4550>,), new_function : <function ChrisPyre_GayArchetypes_AddMixer_163702 at 0x00007FF34283BA70>, target_function : <function InstanceManager.load_data_into_class_instances at 0x00007FF450BC48C0>]
  • File 'C:\Users\rpola\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\GayArchetypes 1.3 Public\ChrisPyre_GayArchetypes.ts4script\ChrisPyre_GayArchetypes.py', line 24, in ChrisPyre_GayArchetypes_AddMixer_163702 [ original : <function InstanceManager.load_data_into_class_instances at 0x00007FF450BC48C0>, self : InstanceManager_action]
  •