Gay Archetypes

So there mayyy be roburky shenanigans going because there's nothing in Gay Archetypes that would automatically cause body growth, just make it easier for certain archetypes to gain muscle or fat- specifically personality based traits. (I think only jocks get a boost in muscle, which is assigned to sims in the athlete career, gaymers get a boost in fat as of the current build release, which I've actually cut in my latest build). The gainer traits themselves are also the same. What might be causing the world to autom populate with adonises are the lot traits from the body worship mods, which currently randomly assign npc traits that automatically update physiques. I'm not sure why sims with full muscle are still showing the too small muscle debuff as it's intended to shut off at 50 fit stat. If you have MCCC could you maybe send me the logging details to the sims this applies to? The Buff, Trait, and Statistic/Commodity reports should suffice. 

Definitely heard on more Opt In options. I'm adding preferences to all the external mod interactions, and in the build that's beign tested on my patreon, I already have it set so those interactions only occur when the trait gets added, not afterward.

5 hours ago, Chris Pyre said:

@bloodconfettido you have Basemental Drugs installed? It's required for this mod- it looks like it's trying to add a basemental autonomy trait (specifically cigars for a sim with the daddy trait) but not finding it.

(This requirement will be change in the next update in which I'll be traits determining drug habits optional.)

Ah! okay I'm sorry! So will it throw an exception if you don't have Flerb's and Big Dick Problems as well?

8 hours ago, Chris Pyre said:

So there mayyy be roburky shenanigans going because there's nothing in Gay Archetypes that would automatically cause body growth, just make it easier for certain archetypes to gain muscle or fat- specifically personality based traits. (I think only jocks get a boost in muscle, which is assigned to sims in the athlete career, gaymers get a boost in fat as of the current build release, which I've actually cut in my latest build). The gainer traits themselves are also the same. What might be causing the world to autom populate with adonises are the lot traits from the body worship mods, which currently randomly assign npc traits that automatically update physiques. I'm not sure why sims with full muscle are still showing the too small muscle debuff as it's intended to shut off at 50 fit stat. If you have MCCC could you maybe send me the logging details to the sims this applies to? The Buff, Trait, and Statistic/Commodity reports should suffice. 

Definitely heard on more Opt In options. I'm adding preferences to all the external mod interactions, and in the build that's beign tested on my patreon, I already have it set so those interactions only occur when the trait gets added, not afterward.

@Chris PyreAwesome! I'm glad you're expermenting with the Opt In. Something like opting in for the Like/Dislike system in the base game would make it a lot easier so the traits don't bleed into one another. 

I will try to get you the details. I'm just base level when I comes to knowing how to get more technical with the mod details. I will try my best to get you what you need. Imma experiment a little more and see if i can stop the issues first.

@bloodconfetti it might, although  I haven't seen Flerbs comes up in LE's yet. It could be that The only connection to that mod is triggering that mods's loot action (EA's way of saying, when x trigger happens, make w, y and z happen) to start growing beards. It doesn't directly start the process itself by reaching out and looknig for a trait like your issue with Basemental. I'm cutting that mod connection anyways since it was mostly a workaround for detecting facial hair on otters and bears (which I have since figured out how to do based on your sims actual cas parts) and wasn't working the way I wanted to in my own testing. 

@ArcanePup no worries! I'm happy to walk you through if need be, feel free to shoot me a DM. MCCC makes it super simple. 

Back again, I tried the new version and the only issue I'm having is the casual romantic trait is applied to most of my sims. It's removable on some sims and not on others. I have no idea why.

"Added Preferences to how much the Archetypes alter sims. " how do you set these? I couldn't find it. 

"Self Identified Fag (This one is a personality trait and therefore will not be automatically assigned. If you haven Wicked Perversions installed, these sims will automatically become house slaves.)" - How do you assign it?

Lastly, thank you for your hard work on this mod. I enjoyed the descriptions and I can't wait to see how far you take it!

Both can be found in Create-A-Sim! The preferences live in the same menu where you pick other perferences such as favorite color, or WW attractiveness preferences (I believe the button is below and to the the left of the aspiration)

Self Identified Fag is a personality trait, like active or bro, etc. etc. It should be under the "emotional" Tab.

7 hours ago, Chris Pyre said:

Both can be found in Create-A-Sim! The preferences live in the same menu where you pick other perferences such as favorite color, or WW attractiveness preferences (I believe the button is below and to the the left of the aspiration)

Self Identified Fag is a personality trait, like active or bro, etc. etc. It should be under the "emotional" Tab.

That's why I couldn't find it! Thank you!

Hi, still cannot seem to install this properly.  getting errors.  Help please?  Thanks!

lastException.txt

Exception when applying action <StatisticSetOp: TURBODRIVER:WickedWhims_Statistic_Attractiveness_TraitPreference_OutfitStylePolished set to 1> for loot <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.ChrisPyre_GayArchetypes_LikesNerds'> (ValueError: Trying to use SingleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantType.Invalid)
Edited by trickster37

First I absolutely love this mod its so fun trying to uncover the different traits. 

I've been playing with it all week so far and created new save files etc, but I realize this Body Dysmorphia keeps coming up along with those other blank moodlets. Is it because he has the 'Bro' trait?

Also, not sure if you're taking suggestions but I thought of a 'Str8 chaser' trait where a sim keeps flirting with a straight guy lol.

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 11.59.22 PM.png

Yes! Thanks for pointint that out actually, some how the description got erased. But yes certain traits develop body dysmorphia if their Fit stat (the number which determines their musculature, not to be confused with their fitness skill) is too low. Sims with Body Dysmorphia have a harder time developing relationships, since their insecure about their appearance.

And actually, Gay Bros ARE the straight chaser trait. They have a hidden broadcaster (something which applies buffs other sims) that allows them to sleep with straight bros. It's a hidden buff that I actually labled "No Homo" under the hood. One of things I want to do in the future is to gamify this element, and make it so they have to convince guys to let them give them bro jobs. Right now they can also pull closeted bros out of the closet with the "Help a bro out interaction".

Edit: Also yes I'm aware of the ghost buffs. Unfortunately it's an issue with Mod Constructor that I haven't quite figured out how to solve yet. 

Edited by Chris Pyre

There shouldn't be and in fact, women should be giving them a bonus to romance. Closet sims get a hidden buff around women that suppresses flirty mood but increases flirty autonomy and romantic relationship gain. That being said there are other traits and buffs that do suppress romance gain that I'm going to have to tweak, since they seem to stack pretty harshly with each other. 

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that sims who are Self Identified Fags just cannot gain any friendship at all. The relationship increase icon shows up, but the bar doesn't increase. However, if they upset other sims the relationship goes down, so SIFs can only get enemies. Is it intentional?

Edited by PerlaCerta
Forgot to ask the question
  • 2 weeks later...

@ManaMade Yes, just for reference none of my mods will remain on patreon. This update is a bit tricky however as I'm in the midst of making a rather large update to the mod that is still very much in a testing phase. Between that and issues with Mod Constructor since the update, it may take a bit longer than I would like, especially since I'm still not able to fully patch some things just yet. Full disclosure- my chastity mod is taking up a lot of my attention since alot more things broke with that mod, and I haven't been able to make progress with Gay Archetypes. 

Hey just found the mod and starting to test out. Some of my questions have been answered in the thread.

I dont really want to go into CAS of 100 Sims. Would you consider making these Reward Store traits instead?

I was going to add some via the shift click menu.  The traits all show but have big red X instead of an icon so I was wary of adding them. 

9 hours ago, Lux Lux said:

Hey just found the mod and starting to test out. Some of my questions have been answered in the thread.

I dont really want to go into CAS of 100 Sims. Would you consider making these Reward Store traits instead?

I was going to add some via the shift click menu.  The traits all show but have big red X instead of an icon so I was wary of adding them. 

Actually since Growing Together actually add a way to add on traits through gameplay, they could adapt a similar aspect to the archetypes. Similar if a see is gains the good trait if they have been doing a lot of good things even though their main three traits are filled. It also gives a chance for a prompt box to ask whether or not you can accept the trait.

So a couple things:

• I do not intend to make the traits available in a rewards store. The traits are intended to be descriptive, rather than prescriptive- that is, they're meant to describe the sims as they are, and are meant to be discovered through gameplay. To make them prescriptive, i.e. give them bear and now they're large and hairy is functionally way more programming intensive and prone to glitching (having already experimented with traits that edit physique stats in my muscle and gainer mods, and am currently experimenting with editing CAS items via lot traits for future installments of this mod) but also leads to way less dynamic gameplay, which is ultimately the purpose for which I made the mod. It would also just require the mod to be rebuilt from the ground up as each trait would need tuned to define the sims characteristics, rather than the other way around. I also wonder what the difference would be between having to go add traits via editing a sim in CAS, vs a Reward Store for hundreds of sims, 
  • Milestones would be really interesting (as would the burn out/midlife crisis) functionality. Unfortunately those features require Growing together, and I'd prefer to keep the mod basegame compatible.