Gay Archetypes

Look, I have an idea for a mod, I could make a mod where each sim has their preference for sexual intercourse, example: One sim likes vaginal another likes anal. And doing that could have buff or debuff. What do you think of the idea?

Hi, I really would love to use your mod but I don't know why when I have it in my game it freezes relationship bars between sims, my sims don't gain any points when interacting with each other, i don't know if it's incompatible with another mod like mccc, do you know if there is a way to make it work?

I love your mod & thanks for the update! Unfortunately couple stuff happened :

• Created a new sim then ingame his fit and fat turned -100 
  • Sims dont Relationship points
  • Sims seem to be stuck in interactions, ill tell them to chat they just stand idly 
  • They dont complete tasks, sent a sim to workout and the green bar around the interaction stays at quarter full and never ends

Im not a modder but Im happy to help however I can.

Edit:

• Some sims npc sims are losing needs fast. 
    • Scenario: went on a date and the npc date seemed to get grungy, i reset their needs to happy and 2 secs later they're grungy again
  • All sims are losing fit rapidly 
  • With adding the new lot traits (gay bar, gay gym) my sims cant travel to leave the lot because there's a hidden social event happening.
  • the options that show when you're creating an event is a blank page
Edited by frozenpersons
On 5/20/2023 at 5:56 PM, TheNeighborhoodSimmer said:

How does the top/bottom/verse traits work? Do they take in account history or partners or something else?

I use WW role preferences for most of my played sims but some would get the opposite of their role. Like I have a sim that's a top by role preference but gets vers from this mod.

I hope this mod really gets it right on the next update. I uninstalled the first time because of the "Out of the closet" energized buff constantly getting in the way. After some updates, I tried again and had this same exact issue. It's even changing their sexual role in WW automatically (and way too often) and that's way too invasive. I like the tracker, but I don't want to be robbed of agency from my own sims.

Also the body dysmorphia Tense debuff is kind of annoying too. My sim is *supposed* to be a cub type, but apparently being stocky and being active don't mix, according to this mod. In general, I don't really care for emotional buffs from mods, but if they're going to be present, please make them last only for a few hours in-game, and not be re-applied every time they wake up.

Other than that, I do really like the concept of this mod, and I enjoyed the archetypes given to my sims by the game. I just can't get with the perma-moodlets nor changing their WW traits.

2 hours ago, g0ldpalms said:

I hope this mod really gets it right on the next update. I uninstalled the first time because of the "Out of the closet" energized buff constantly getting in the way. After some updates, I tried again and had this same exact issue. It's even changing their sexual role in WW automatically (and way too often) and that's way too invasive. I like the tracker, but I don't want to be robbed of agency from my own sims.

Also the body dysmorphia Tense debuff is kind of annoying too. My sim is *supposed* to be a cub type, but apparently being stocky and being active don't mix, according to this mod. In general, I don't really care for emotional buffs from mods, but if they're going to be present, please make them last only for a few hours in-game, and not be re-applied every time they wake up.

Other than that, I do really like the concept of this mod, and I enjoyed the archetypes given to my sims by the game. I just can't get with the perma-moodlets nor changing their WW traits.

So a couple things: The adjustment of WW roles automatically is optional and can be turned off using CAS preferences. You can also predetermine the roles without having to go into WW personalization. 

Heard on the moodlets, I'm gonna work to improve them. that being said, This mod doesn't have an out of the closet energized buff. That may be from a different mod.

On 5/20/2023 at 5:56 PM, TheNeighborhoodSimmer said:

How does the top/bottom/verse traits work? Do they take in account history or partners or something else?

I use WW role preferences for most of my played sims but some would get the opposite of their role. Like I have a sim that's a top by role preference but gets vers from this mod.

So it's meant to be set by the WW preferenced and then influenced by proximity Sexual and romantic partners and reaction to their role. aka good sex/strong romance with a top will push a sim towards bottom, etc. Needs also affect things, since lower hygeine might make sims not want to bottom and such (Unless they have the Pig role). Ideally I want it to be more affected by what's actually done during sex, as well as diet, but those are two things that are harder to acheive surprisingly. 

On 5/22/2023 at 9:13 PM, frozenpersons said:

I love your mod & thanks for the update! Unfortunately couple stuff happened :

• Created a new sim then ingame his fit and fat turned -100 
  • Sims dont Relationship points
  • Sims seem to be stuck in interactions, ill tell them to chat they just stand idly 
  • They dont complete tasks, sent a sim to workout and the green bar around the interaction stays at quarter full and never ends

Im not a modder but Im happy to help however I can.

Edit:

• Some sims npc sims are losing needs fast. 
    • Scenario: went on a date and the npc date seemed to get grungy, i reset their needs to happy and 2 secs later they're grungy again
  • All sims are losing fit rapidly 
  • With adding the new lot traits (gay bar, gay gym) my sims cant travel to leave the lot because there's a hidden social event happening.
  • the options that show when you're creating an event is a blank page
  • Does the new sim have the Self Identified Fag trait? If so point one is intentional. If not, that's a bug.
  • This could be a due to the attraction system. I'll make an adjustment.
  • Points 3 and 4 are simulation lag. If you could maybe let me know what exactly scenarios this is happening in, I'll try and pinpoint whats causing it.
  • Did this happen during sex or out of sex? Bottoms can get a buff during anal sex when they don't use the new clean out interaction (I may have forgotten to include that in the patch notes. my mistake! This can be turned off in the CAS preferences which should apply to other sims as well. the buff will persist after sex until the sim showers. If it occurred without sex involved, that's a bug. 
  • I'm not sure what's causing this, as nothing in this mod besides the SIF trait causes affects the fit or fat stats like that. 
  • Is the situation travel blocking happening with the scroll out and travel button? The go home button? If so I'll work on a fix. In my testing I was still able to do this, I just wasn't able to switch lots in the same neighborhood.
  • I've found the issue to the blank event page and it will be fixed next update. 

26 minutes ago, Chris Pyre said:

Can I ask what's breaking for you?

Currently looking into it. My problem is that if i run my game with only your mod installed, it crashes, meaning your mod has other mod requirements that you dont mention in the  mod description. After i figure out what these are, I will be able to check if the cause is a conflict with another mod.

40 minutes ago, mikeflint said:

Currently looking into it. My problem is that if i run my game with only your mod installed, it crashes, meaning your mod has other mod requirements that you dont mention in the  mod description. After i figure out what these are, I will be able to check if the cause is a conflict with another mod.

Can you post the Last exception report?

Just want to say that I look forward to you working out the bugs since the mod is really cool (take your time though). If mod making wasn't sorcery to me, I'd offer to help out. Like a couple other repliers, I had a friendship bar bug. When I romanced a sim, the friendship bar would go to 0 and stay stuck there while the romance bar worked normally. I also see someone else mention the fit and fat bar. For me, there was one occurrence where I noticed my sim went from bear to cub and initially I was confused since he looked the same in game but when I opened CAS, his bars had went down. He didn't have any fag traits. "He didn't have any fag traits" is a funny sentence to type out though. I do have other mods in my game too, if that's helpful. Thank you for making the mod and continuing to update it! I've only made CAS cc and even that would take a long time so I appreciate you and everyone else who makes fun mods

5 hours ago, Chris Pyre said:

So it's meant to be set by the WW preferenced and then influenced by proximity Sexual and romantic partners and reaction to their role. aka good sex/strong romance with a top will push a sim towards bottom, etc. Needs also affect things, since lower hygeine might make sims not want to bottom and such (Unless they have the Pig role). Ideally I want it to be more affected by what's actually done during sex, as well as diet, but those are two things that are harder to acheive surprisingly. 

So as I'm understand it, my top sim, who has two verse boyfriends and one bottom fwb, would lean more to verse unless I change the settings in CAS?

7 hours ago, mikeflint said:

All the requirements are listed under the download button where it says file information.

Edited by TheNeighborhoodSimmer
8 hours ago, Chris Pyre said:
  • Does the new sim have the Self Identified Fag trait? If so point one is intentional. If not, that's a bug.
  • This could be a due to the attraction system. I'll make an adjustment.
  • Points 3 and 4 are simulation lag. If you could maybe let me know what exactly scenarios this is happening in, I'll try and pinpoint whats causing it.
  • Did this happen during sex or out of sex? Bottoms can get a buff during anal sex when they don't use the new clean out interaction (I may have forgotten to include that in the patch notes. my mistake! This can be turned off in the CAS preferences which should apply to other sims as well. the buff will persist after sex until the sim showers. If it occurred without sex involved, that's a bug. 
  • I'm not sure what's causing this, as nothing in this mod besides the SIF trait causes affects the fit or fat stats like that. 
  • Is the situation travel blocking happening with the scroll out and travel button? The go home button? If so I'll work on a fix. In my testing I was still able to do this, I just wasn't able to switch lots in the same neighborhood.
  • I've found the issue to the blank event page and it will be fixed next update. 

• The sim didnt have that trait attached.
  • For example I had a sim do the clean for bottoming iteraction with the shower and on 1 occasion they would just stand there and another time they would hop in the shower and nothing progresses.
  • The travel option gets grayed out on the phone but I can leave the lot with the home button
  • I removed the mod and played for a couple sim days and all the fitness was the same. installed the mod, played for a day went to a strip club and all the strippers were thin lol
17 hours ago, TheNeighborhoodSimmer said:

So as I'm understand it, my top sim, who has two verse boyfriends and one bottom fwb, would lean more to verse unless I change the settings in CAS?

vers sims wouldn't affect things too much. if the sex with the bottom is good they'll be pushed to be more top, if the sex with the bottom, they'll won't to try bottoming (in theory, may need to work out the numbers a bit more.)

15 hours ago, frozenpersons said:
  • The sim didnt have that trait attached.
  • For example I had a sim do the clean for bottoming iteraction with the shower and on 1 occasion they would just stand there and another time they would hop in the shower and nothing progresses.
  • The travel option gets grayed out on the phone but I can leave the lot with the home button
  • I removed the mod and played for a couple sim days and all the fitness was the same. installed the mod, played for a day went to a strip club and all the strippers were thin lol

by stripclub do you mean gaybar or ww stripclub? gay bars do have a twink night that populates the bar with twinks, but doesn't manipulate their body size, it just takes sims already labeled as twinks.

if you have the MCCC mod, Could you maybe pull the logging details of any sims you see this happening to? I can walk you through it. Otherwise I'm not sure whats going on as again, there's nothing in this mod that directly manipulates body weight besides the SIF trait.

6 hours ago, Chris Pyre said:

by stripclub do you mean gaybar or ww stripclub? gay bars do have a twink night that populates the bar with twinks, but doesn't manipulate their body size, it just takes sims already labeled as twinks.

if you have the MCCC mod, Could you maybe pull the logging details of any sims you see this happening to? I can walk you through it. Otherwise I'm not sure whats going on as again, there's nothing in this mod that directly manipulates body weight besides the SIF trait.

Just WW Stripclub, but its all all male sims that fitness was wonky.

I have MCCC I can try and do that for you

On 5/24/2023 at 1:28 PM, Chris Pyre said:

So a couple things: The adjustment of WW roles automatically is optional and can be turned off using CAS preferences. You can also predetermine the roles without having to go into WW personalization. 

Heard on the moodlets, I'm gonna work to improve them. that being said, This mod doesn't have an out of the closet energized buff. That may be from a different mod.

Ah, my apologies, yes, that is a different mod then. I also didn't know about turning off WW roles. I'm looking forward to trying the mod again on your next update!