Gay Archetypes

23 hours ago, Benjamin9763 said:

Hi, great mod. And love to see more coming. Just one quick question, is there a way to tune down the "need fiber" moodlet, like it shows up all the time. Even eat salad all days can't fix that.

totally, i can take a look. im thinking of expanding what counts towards it too just need to find the right food tags.

This seems pretty fun, but it's kinda  broken. Or it makes everyone some kind of gay and I just didn't notice...

I had twin boys that aged up from kids to teens. I made one gay in the cas settings, plus I fiddled with one of the settings in likes and dislikes. He got a Post-puberty and Bi trait, even though he's not interested in women by setting. but okay. But the brother... 

I made the brother straight by cas settings. He got a Straight a Closeted trait. Like, how? Why? He also got Prefers masculine... So I tried to fiddle with those two settings in likes and dislikes in cas and he ended up with Straight, Closeted, Prefers masculine, Feminine and Bottom. The last three were lost, thankfully, because I didn't save the game...

So I came to a conclusion, that I'll use this mod only when I'll be in a mood for a different type of game play.

22 hours ago, LovelessOne said:

This seems pretty fun, but it's kinda  broken. Or it makes everyone some kind of gay and I just didn't notice...

I had twin boys that aged up from kids to teens. I made one gay in the cas settings, plus I fiddled with one of the settings in likes and dislikes. He got a Post-puberty and Bi trait, even though he's not interested in women by setting. but okay. But the brother... 

I made the brother straight by cas settings. He got a Straight a Closeted trait. Like, how? Why? He also got Prefers masculine... So I tried to fiddle with those two settings in likes and dislikes in cas and he ended up with Straight, Closeted, Prefers masculine, Feminine and Bottom. The last three were lost, thankfully, because I didn't save the game...

So I came to a conclusion, that I'll use this mod only when I'll be in a mood for a different type of game play.

Be sure to turn off the exploring setting as the game treats it as the Og unrestricted sexualit, which the mod then assigns as bi. I'll take a look at the other settings to make sure everything is working as in tended but generally the mod is based on woohoo settings. If woohoo for men is turned on but not romance that'll give them closeted.

This is a really cool mod, thanks for working on this!
When I was using this I saw how the different archetypes respond to eachother and think it makes my game a lot more interesting since I mainly have gay sims lol.
Not sure if this has been brought up but I saw others posting ideas... would you consider working on something like a dating/hookup app/site sims could use from their phone or computer?
I was thinking something like personals where sims posts ads to meet and can respond to eachother. And then different gays would respond differently and have preference (and or could set their own preferences too) to the types they will meet.
And a sims relationship status could impact how it's used etc. Like if in a relationship they would be risking their relationship while someone single could freely use the app.

And maybe even anonymous sims that meet up where scenarios happen and they recognize eachother and are embarrassed or mortified lol.

Just some ideas that came to mind, I realize this might be an entirely different mod add on but I thought it could be a way to expand the interactions more.
Regardless keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am in love with this mod, it chose my sims type to a T. Only thing is I keep turning my sim into a bottom but as I also have WW it keeps making him a top and no matter how many times I change it back it always reverts back to top. Any tips on how to fix this or idea what is causing this?

• 2 weeks later...

Guys this mod is completely broken, which is a shame as it's a great addition to the game. I was trouble shooting my game for 2 days, didn't even think that this mod was the main issue. It started with sims not responding to any commands unless traveled to another location, then there was an issue with outfits and nudity. Instead full nudity NPCs would have another outfit under the main one or some random pants. I've noticed it when visiting the gay bar, then decided to remove the mod and everything is back to normal. 

• 1 month later...

I can confirm that this mod clogs the interaction queue, making the game unplayable. However, it only occurred on the 3rd sim day in my gameplay. Relevant exceptions were not thrown, which made it very hard to detect the culprit.

Furthermore, this mod added the masculine trait automatically to my adult cis-female sim (configured as such in CAS). The "attracted to masculine" trait was assigned to my romantically and sexually straight male sim who no longer experiments with his sexuality (set up so in CAS as well). Before someone asks, there are of course other sims in my gameplay who can benefit more from gay archetypes, which is why I installed the mod.

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2023 at 8:47 PM, krisznauk said:

Guys this mod is completely broken, which is a shame as it's a great addition to the game. I was trouble shooting my game for 2 days, didn't even think that this mod was the main issue. It started with sims not responding to any commands unless traveled to another location, then there was an issue with outfits and nudity. Instead full nudity NPCs would have another outfit under the main one or some random pants. I've noticed it when visiting the gay bar, then decided to remove the mod and everything is back to normal. 

^^^ This! I have been troubleshooting my game for 2 days and finally did 50/50 with my mods and ultimately pinned hit down to this. I love this mod tho so hoping it gets fixed!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...