Modest Elderly only partially functional.

This isn't like many other such reports where people mistake older NPCs who are not elders as such (e.g. Danica Pure-Spring). This is an actual stated suction of the mod not working.

While some outfits, namely merchant clothes, are properly altered as stated by the mod, monk robes are not. As you might imagine, this is an intensely unpleasant glitch to experience and I would like a solution ASAP.

7 hours ago, TheMysticYam said:

This isn't like many other such reports where people mistake older NPCs who are not elders as such (e.g. Danica Pure-Spring). This is an actual stated suction of the mod not working.

While some outfits, namely merchant clothes, are properly altered as stated by the mod, monk robes are not. As you might imagine, this is an intensely unpleasant glitch to experience and I would like a solution ASAP.

Why, oh why post in the technical support section on Loverslab? Post on the actual mods page so the modder can finish his apparently incomplete mod. Should take about 2 minutes to fix your problem, judging by the file structure.

1 hour ago, RohZima said:

Why, oh why post in the technical support section on Loverslab? Post on the actual mods page so the modder can finish his apparently incomplete mod. Should take about 2 minutes to fix your problem, judging by the file structure.

Why so abrasive? I didn't post on the mod's page because the mod's creator hasn't been seen in nearly 2 years. I thought that tech-savvy LL would be able to help me, but the first reply I get is an asshole who hints at, but doesn't actually say how to fix my problem. So why don't you tell me the solution if it's so easy? You have to remember that not everyone knows everything.

5 hours ago, TheMysticYam said:

Why so abrasive? I didn't post on the mod's page because the mod's creator hasn't been seen in nearly 2 years. I thought that tech-savvy LL would be able to help me, but the first reply I get is an asshole who hints at, but doesn't actually say how to fix my problem. So why don't you tell me the solution if it's so easy? You have to remember that not everyone knows everything.

Slow down a bit. RohZima is usually a supportive and friendly modder, no reason to call him names. 

Had you mentioned before that the mod author had not been seen in two years I guess he or someone else would have helped you.

8 hours ago, cosworth said:

Slow down a bit. RohZima is usually a supportive and friendly modder, no reason to call him names. 

Had you mentioned before that the mod author had not been seen in two years I guess he or someone else would have helped you.

Woe that by trying to call out the crimes of another, I end up committing them myself. I am deeply sorry for the forgetfulness and haste with which I acted that lead to such misunderstanding.

8 hours ago, TheMysticYam said:

I have now and it didn't work. I feel as if this might be the result of way too many mod changes mid-playthrough...

Perhaps, but RohZima mentioned before it is a problem with the mod itself, perhaps you tried that already, but can you check in the file structure of the mod where e.g. functioning merchant clothing are located and compare that location(s) to the location(s)of the monk robe?  No idea tbh how many files are concerned and possibly need to be moved, but this would be my approach.

Fingers crossed.

9 hours ago, TheMysticYam said:

I have now and it didn't work. I feel as if this might be the result of way too many mod changes mid-playthrough...

let's start over. 

What does xedit say? Load all mods into xedit and click on Modest Elderly mod. Click on armor. Look and see what other mods are touching the monk robes. Looking in Armor Addon would be good too but your problem is likely coming from armor.  You probably have another mod touching monk robes. You did a test where you changed load order and went into game but your testing was probably lacking some extra needed work. When you meet an npc in game they go into your save file and just changing load order mid game, at least for some things like outfits save file can get goofy. I should of suggested to you to test on a new game. Alternatively you can go into current save file,after adjusting LO and ingame find one of the previously seen elderly and open console, click on elderly and type "disable" and then hit enter on keyboard, with console still open type "enable" and then enter. close console. after having had typed disable and hitting enter they should of disappeared, after closing console, so long as you re enabled them they should appear correctly.  "Correctly" this is assuming mod works right.

First thing you should of done was to check what other mods are touching same things in esp that Modest Elderly mod touches in xedit. Another user suggested mod might be dorked with its file structures and or contents of its file structure, checking that is not bad advice. I would assume other users would of reported that on Modest Elderly mod page but that easily could be the case with this mod, users dont always report.                                                                                                                                  

13 hours ago, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

let's start over. 

What does xedit say? Load all mods into xedit and click on Modest Elderly mod. Click on armor. Look and see what other mods are touching the monk robes. Looking in Armor Addon would be good too but your problem is likely coming from armor.  You probably have another mod touching monk robes. You did a test where you changed load order and went into game but your testing was probably lacking some extra needed work. When you meet an npc in game they go into your save file and just changing load order mid game, at least for some things like outfits save file can get goofy. I should of suggested to you to test on a new game. Alternatively you can go into current save file,after adjusting LO and ingame find one of the previously seen elderly and open console, click on elderly and type "disable" and then hit enter on keyboard, with console still open type "enable" and then enter. close console. after having had typed disable and hitting enter they should of disappeared, after closing console, so long as you re enabled them they should appear correctly.  "Correctly" this is assuming mod works right.

First thing you should of done was to check what other mods are touching same things in esp that Modest Elderly mod touches in xedit. Another user suggested mod might be dorked with its file structures and or contents of its file structure, checking that is not bad advice. I would assume other users would of reported that on Modest Elderly mod page but that easily could be the case with this mod, users dont always report.                                                                                                                                  

My search with xEdit came up (seemingly) clean.

I have tried disabling and re-enabling an NPC to no effect. The outfit remained skimpy after it returned from the void.

Do you think WACCF might have anything to do with it? I use a third-party patch for the two, but I thought I should ask regardless.

I checked the file structure, but I have no idea what wrong or right would look like. If you took a look for yourself or told me what to look for, that would help.

33 minutes ago, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

My view of mod in xedit shows mod doesnt touch monk robes, only hooded monk robes. 

This appears to be irrelevant. It's looking like mod is working on your end and your seeing an old looking person that just doesnt have elderly race. Gerda in dragonsearch is old looking but is nord race. Potion lady in Solitude is old looking but is not elderly race. Most likely that or you have mod touching Hooded Monk Robes but you didnt see it xedit for reasons?

Tell me an npc that is not acting right with mod and I can do another quick look. 

15 minutes ago, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

This appears to be irrelevant. It's looking like mod is working on your end and your seeing an old looking person that just doesnt have elderly race. Gerda in dragonsearch is old looking but is nord race. Potion lady in Solitude is old looking but is not elderly race. Most likely that or you have mod touching Hooded Monk Robes but you didnt see it xedit for reasons?

Tell me an npc that is not acting right with mod and I can do another quick look. 

Helgird, the priest of Arkay in Windhelm. She uses the elder race. I should have been more specific in the preface.

57 minutes ago, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

There is nothing wrong with mod, worked on my end.

3 things in play. MonkOutfit(outfit), Helgrid(Npc), and HoodedMonkRobes(Armor)

One of those 3 are getting touched by another mod in your LO, You can post LO.

xedit should provide answer though...

20230121232730_1.jpg.33a0731ea90b49ce464d013614160190.jpg

How would I go about posting my load order? Does MO2 have a function to do that? Otherwise, that will be very time consuming...

7 hours ago, TheMysticYam said:

How would I go about posting my load order? Does MO2 have a function to do that? Otherwise, that will be very time consuming...

We're gonna get you schooled up here friend, posting LO from MO is easy peasy. I think being more informed on how xedit can help is the key but let's do LO too. 

I dont know where you have MO installed, I have mine installed inside Steam folder so here is mine but just review this and go to where MO is on your end and you should find it. 

Region.jpg.efe30ddef0a231f8dae24a0ff22f39f0.jpg

Your looking for profiles folder in your MO folder and you should see a folder that says default click that and you should see something similar to image, just click on load order text and then copy and paste all of it into forums. Note: LO are big and in the forums we want that stuff inside of a spoiler,  to do that just start to post as normal but before you paste contents use spoiler tag and paste into it

spoiler.jpg.49103f622f5f89db4f848abf59a7a22c.jpg

spoiler2.jpg.3ac3d64e3438568ce10296ef178ae7c9.jpg

xedit is the key. I stated before that your problem, outside of some potential weird shitz im ignorant about, lays inside one of those 3 things which are in play. Helgrid(npc) MonkOutfit(Outfit) and the HoodedMonkRobes(Armor)  ModestElderly touches HoodedMonkRobes so this one easy to check w/ xedit. Helgrid has MonkOutfit assigned to her in Skyrim.esm and monk outfit uses HoodedMonkRobes. My guess right now is you are not savvy with xedit and the way you did testing after adjusting LO was subpar, not being mean at you until you know how to do stuff its just the way it is. 

Curious if you use any mods that removes helmets and or hoods? 

8 hours ago, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

We're gonna get you schooled up here friend, posting LO from MO is easy peasy. I think being more informed on how xedit can help is the key but let's do LO too. 

I dont know where you have MO installed, I have mine installed inside Steam folder so here is mine but just review this and go to where MO is on your end and you should find it. 

Region.jpg.efe30ddef0a231f8dae24a0ff22f39f0.jpg

Your looking for profiles folder in your MO folder and you should see a folder that says default click that and you should see something similar to image, just click on load order text and then copy and paste all of it into forums. Note: LO are big and in the forums we want that stuff inside of a spoiler,  to do that just start to post as normal but before you paste contents use spoiler tag and paste into it

spoiler.jpg.49103f622f5f89db4f848abf59a7a22c.jpg

spoiler2.jpg.3ac3d64e3438568ce10296ef178ae7c9.jpg

My loadorder.txt only has the vanilla load order.

8 hours ago, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

Curious if you use any mods that removes helmets and or hoods? 

WACCF separates hoods from robes, but I use a patch for WACCF+Modest Eldery by Nexus user lilebonymace. However the patch could easily be faulty.

19 minutes ago, TheMysticYam said:

I ran into a roadblock, the patches are for SE, Im on LE. Im not able to check on ModestElderly in fomod of patch mod. 

So on LE side, im not seeing where you need a patch for the 2 mods,Nothing on LE version of Modest Elderly is being touched by things that WACCF is touching. First thing would be test without patch. Without seeing what is what in xedit on your end Im just not to sure. You might have deal with Helgrid having boobies and wearing skimpy outfit. Though I would test in game without patch, preferably testing on a new game and or a save prior to having had meet Helgrid. 

26 minutes ago, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

I ran into a roadblock, the patches are for SE, Im on LE. Im not able to check on ModestElderly in fomod of patch mod. 

So on LE side, im not seeing where you need a patch for the 2 mods,Nothing on LE version of Modest Elderly is being touched by things that WACCF is touching. First thing would be test without patch. Without seeing what is what in xedit on your end Im just not to sure. You might have deal with Helgrid having boobies and wearing skimpy outfit. Though I would test in game without patch, preferably testing on a new game and or a save prior to having had meet Helgrid. 

Tested on a new game sans patch, Helgrid still seems to think she's 30+ years younger than she actually is...