Fire Emblem Engage (Switch)

2 hours ago, ItisRyan142 said:

They only teach you on how to extract the said bundles with UABEA tools, the rest params I figure it out myself.Ā 

Do you know how to re-import the files located atĀ Data\StreamingAssets\aa\Switch\fe_assets_message or .bytes files in general?

16 hours ago, clouser said:

Texture Modding Tutorial

Ā 

Required programs:

uabea - Used for extracting and inserting the textures to/from the .bundle file
python scripts - Used for swizzling/unswizzling textures. The python scripts require python3 to be installed, as well as Pillow and NumPy

Ā 

Optional programs:

Asset Studio - Can be used to view file without extracting them. To use it, you need to set the unity version to 2020.3.18f1

Ā 

Part 1: Extracting the textures.

Step 1: Open the .bundle file that you wish to edit with uabea (UABEAvalonia.exe)

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Click "Open" in the file menu, and then select a .bundle file

1.jpg.68f85284502b4119b4a9e0b2b117dc91.jpg

A text prompt will appear asking whether to open in memory, or file. Choose memory.

2.jpg.108db22c368929690d91dd737218435f.jpg

Then after that, click the "Info" button

3.jpg.8ecb40debacc66ebf53d13c5eb53807a.jpg

Ā 

Step 2: Highlight the texture you wish to extract, then click "Plugins", then highlight "Export texture" and click "Ok"

4.jpg.551695541e843e09ddae3ef4d939c013.jpg

5.jpg.b27b2f6bfa508c049788353d3d1fda31.jpg

Ā 

You should get a picture that looks like this:

6.jpg.1f276046c822a63958d611cfca8b1a2c.jpg

Ā 

Step 3: Drag and drop the image onto "unswizzle.bat" to unswizzle the image (make sure the .bat files, the .py files and the .png files are all in the same directory).

Ā 

Assuming there are no errors, you should get a picture that looks more like this:

8.jpg.83469a73461f2b569d72bdfd788cc61f.jpg

Which you can now edit normally.

Ā 

I decided to edit the texture by putting a rainbow on the stomach.

9.jpg.626710986a4637381721875f67af331b.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Part 2: Inserting the textures back into the .bundle file

Step 1:Swizzle the now edited texture by dragging and dropping the edited image file onto "swizzle.bat"

Ā 

You should get a .png that looks like this (you can see the rainbow edit near the bottom centre-right):

10.jpg.78bb214686d6a6480a958315f40651d3.jpg

Ā 

Step 2: Open the .bundle file that you wish to edit with uabea (UABEAvalonia.exe)

Ā 

Step 3: Highlight the texture you wish to replace, then click "Plugins", highlight "Edit texture" and click "Ok". Click the button that says "Load" next to "Texture", and after selecting the edited .png file, click "Save". Make sure you select the "swizzled" version of your edit, otherwise the texture won't appear correctly in-game.

4.jpg.551695541e843e09ddae3ef4d939c013.jpg

Ā 

11.jpg.290e0fc2fdb53117df6ece8db94f218d.jpg

Ā 

12.jpg.446b10f3da7ea4cfd0072019e2313e80.jpg

Ā 

13.jpg.817c472b55e15c7917a7ff2229591233.jpg

Ā 

14.jpg.594ad3f3b8d05afe293f9b6f71df745e.jpg

Step 4: Click "File" -> "Save as..." and you will get a prompt that says "File saved. To complete changes...", click the "OK" button on the prompt, then close the "Assets Info" window.

Ā 

Step 5: On the "UABEA" window click "File" -> "Save" and save the file.

Ā 

Step 6: Open the file you just saved in "UABEA", and the click "File" -> "Compress" and save the file using the same name as the original file. A textbox will show up asking which compression to use, choose "LZ4".

Ā 

This new file should now have your edited texture replace the original texture.

Ā 

Ā  Hide contents

18.thumb.jpg.dd6b1bcd8afa21151756cc15fce8b143.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

I also want to try to edit but I get this error message.

image.png.7e1145e132da76f9927417141eb673d7.png

9 hours ago, ItisRyan142 said:

Just rename the files when you install it as I only did so when I was replacing the files, and the assettable comes with multiple mods that I've installed there such as ponytail mod etc.Ā 

But you can extract it out and check the references yourself. Shop and items were modified for nudmod and originally from Deathchaos battle outfits n more mod.Ā 

EDIT* I copied and make another entry from AID_EngageEdelgard in both shop bundle and item bundle, which is one of the engage edelgard outfits selling in boutique from the mod, and makes sure the entry dress model were ubody_msn0df_c553 inside assettable bundle.

image.png.63cfc16b2b4b8c9143f15ebdfe5111f0.png

Ā 

Don't mind the missing name in boutique but if you want a name for the item you need to change in message bundle which I didn't bother to do it.

Ā 

assettable.xml.bundle_mod 4.33 MBĀ Ā·Ā 26 downloads shop.xml.bundle_nude 29.6 kBĀ Ā·Ā 26 downloads item.xml.bundle_nude 882.99 kBĀ Ā·Ā 23 downloads

If i wanted to swap out the base swimsuit for this how easy is that to do?

Parsing through the bundles can be intense with the lack of line breaks or grouping. Is it about locating the uBody_SwimF1 dressmodel and replacing it, or am i supposed to replace uBody_SwimF1 in every instance in the assettable.xml bundle with the nude mod dressmodel?

Just curious... so there's no one that's actually planning on releasing a nude mod now that it's possible? I get that people are compiling the nude mod together because you can only have one version of that main xml file modded... but really nobody is just going to put it out as a stand alone mod?

Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, zardoz345 said:

If i wanted to swap out the base swimsuit for this how easy is that to do?

Parsing through the bundles can be intense with the lack of line breaks or grouping. Is it about locating the uBody_SwimF1 dressmodel and replacing it, or am i supposed to replace uBody_SwimF1 in every instance in the assettable.xml bundle with the nude mod dressmodel?

It's kinda hit or miss. You must've seen several lines of parameters used for debugging only under japanese comments, those sometime not apply ingame, but for some instances like emblem parameters does apply ingame despite the comment stated strictly for debugging uses only. And also watch out for any values in volume section, those usually applies in game.Ā 

1 hour ago, ShiroiKaze69 said:

Just curious... so there's no one that's actually planning on releasing a nude mod now that it's possible? I get that people are compiling the nude mod together because you can only have one version of that main xml file modded... but really nobody is just going to put it out as a stand alone mod?

Ā 

Ā 

wdym, if u mean releasing nude mod on gamebanana, gamebanana simply won't allow it, even my slight bigger bust mod got taken down, due to how the age depicted in game.Ā 

Edited by ItisRyan142
9 hours ago, ItisRyan142 said:

wdym, if u mean releasing nude mod on gamebanana, gamebanana simply won't allow it, even my slight bigger bust mod got taken down, due to how the age depicted in game.Ā 

The solution is to just not post it on GB. They allow but are very against NSFW modding still. The best thing to do is just release things here.

16 hours ago, ItisRyan142 said:

It's kinda hit or miss. You must've seen several lines of parameters used for debugging only under japanese comments, those sometime not apply ingame, but for some instances like emblem parameters does apply ingame despite the comment stated strictly for debugging uses only. And also watch out for any values in volume section, those usually applies in game.Ā 

Thanks.

I finally found a guide to edit the .bytes files like the conversation support ones.Ā The extract and import is exactly like with the .xml files.

Ā 

Basically u useĀ UABEA to open the file then click Info and then select the "TextAsset", click Plugins and then "extract.txt" option.

Ā 

But in order to not ruin the bytes/pointers u can useĀ https://github.com/IcySon55/3DLandMSBTeditor.

Ā 

Editing is as easy as changing the text directly (you dont need to know hex) but there is one little thing, for example this is an original entry:

Spoiler

image.png.40e081d617e825b3d55023679492d458.png

As you can see the all the entries end in 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Ā 

But when you edit any entry the last part turns into 04 00 00 00 and you need to change this back toĀ 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Ā or will cause a duplicate text bug ingame.

Spoiler

1253893064_MSBTweirdthing2.png.e6685a1df07de834e988ba9b53e4d08e.png

And this has to be the last thing u edit in an entry or it will change again with any modification even doing ctrl+C to just copy the text will make it change.

Ā 

When you're done, open UABEA and repeat the first step but now selecting the "import.txt" option.

Ā 

PD: I recommend 45 characters max per line so the text looks good in the text box.

Edited by cris1010

Just a heads up to anyone updating the game with the new wave 2 DLC with Camilla- the game crashes with the DeathChaos mod running now... not sure if it crashes with all mods yet. Nintendo might have patched the game to make modding harder/blocked... I know they were actively having youtube videos of Fire Emblem mods taken down

21 minutes ago, ShiroiKaze69 said:

Just a heads up to anyone updating the game with the new wave 2 DLC with Camilla- the game crashes with the DeathChaos mod running now... not sure if it crashes with all mods yet. Nintendo might have patched the game to make modding harder/blocked... I know they were actively having youtube videos of Fire Emblem mods taken down

If that's true, then the nude mod we got won't work since it's based off DeathChaos' battle outfit mod.Ā 

On 2/7/2023 at 9:31 AM, nenekomoriron said:

I've drawn detailed tits and tried loading them into the texture, is the result will always blurry? (use the msn0df original 2048x2048 res btw) orz

the PSD files are fine and still detailed whenever I zoom them out, is there any way to improve the texture resolution?

Ā  Hide contents

image.png.466300c9d710603634e83c25467fa740.png

Ā 

I apologize for being a pain but could anybody give me this mod in the form of - ubody_msn0df_c553.bundle - I would appreciate it.

6 hours ago, ShiroiKaze69 said:

It's cuz his mod didn't update yet? You do realize that running old modded assettable won't work, since it will just replace the update one directly that contain the data for new emblems units which causing the game to crash.

8 hours ago, ShiroiKaze69 said:

I mean this happens with all games, if a mod touches scripts that are changed in the new patch crashes/bugs are gonna happen.

Ā 

Modders just need to update the mods to the new patch, thats all.

6 hours ago, cris1010 said:

I mean this happens with all games, if a mod touches scripts that are changed in the new patch crashes/bugs are gonna happen.

Ā 

Modders just need to update the mods to the new patch, thats all.

yeah looks like I over reacted... he just posted the updated mod on GB. Guess I'm still bummed out how the devs of Multiversus patched out modding- glad this isn't a case of that.

2 hours ago, hotNess16 said:

@ItisRyan142For your nude mod that you posted, are they're any other mods besides the ponytail mod, battle outfit mod, and the Anna grown up mod that are in the assembly bundle? I ask because I want to know what mods needs to be updated before we can use it again.Ā 

Only those I reckon plus the bigger bust adjustment that I combined altogether. But I might just post it here for mine ver again after I'm free to modding.

EDIT* The rest of the mods I used were mesh mod that aren't gonna break afaik even if there's update ingame. Just gotta look out for mods installed in assettable mostly.

Edited by ItisRyan142
1 hour ago, ItisRyan142 said:

Only those I reckon plus the bigger bust adjustment that I combined altogether. But I might just post it here for mine ver again after I'm free to modding.

EDIT* The rest of the mods I used were mesh mod that aren't gonna break afaik even if there's update ingame. Just gotta look out for mods installed in assettable mostly.

Yeah most of the crashes is due to the assembly bundle needing updates. I have to look again to see what files some of the mods go over like the ponytail one. Think it does not go over the assembly bundle but I'm not sure on that yet.

Here's my updated ver for 1.2.0 of my previous nude mod compatible with Deathchaos battle outfits mod, combined with Alear ponytail default, anna grown up, and bigger bust adjustments. Also I've added Alear long hair ver with her original accessory from Deathchaos mod, so you can switch to her long hair ver whenever you like ingame, though personally prefer ponytail more.Ā 

EDIT* I guess I'm not being obvious about it, but the nude outfit is purchaseable in boutique under a copied engage edelgard outfit from Deathchaos mod.
Mods used were grown up anna are downloadable on gamebanana and nude mod files on this topic page 3-4.

Battle Outfits and More Outfits_NudeModCompatible.7z

Edited by ItisRyan142
7 minutes ago, zardoz345 said:

Not related to modding but using Ryujinx I seem to be unable to launch the game using a title update I located online.

Ā 

The emulator just sits after attempting to launch the game with no errors in the command prompt.

Ā 

Is there an install process I need to wait for or maybe does anyone know a better place to locate title updates?

I suggest you delete your post or you wanna risk getting ban here.

Check the guidelines properly before posting.
https://www.loverslab.com/guidelines/

8 hours ago, ItisRyan142 said:

Here's my updated ver for 1.2.0 of my previous nude mod compatible with Deathchaos battle outfits mod, combined with Alear ponytail default, anna grown up, and bigger bust adjustments. Also I've added Alear long hair ver with her original accessory from Deathchaos mod, so you can switch to her long hair ver whenever you like ingame, though personally prefer ponytail more.Ā 

Battle Outfits and More Outfits_NudeModCompatible.7z 121.92 kBĀ Ā·Ā 62 downloads

Awwwwww its not a nude mod it is just a jumbo boob mod ? I guess I'll just have to keep waiting, if someone does post a nude mod please add Alear thanks in advance, oh and please no Anna lol.

49 minutes ago, joshua3883 said:

Awwwwww its not a nude mod it is just a jumbo boob mod ? I guess I'll just have to keep waiting, if someone does post a nude mod please add Alear thanks in advance, oh and please no Anna lol.

It is a nude mod... you have to buy a copied edelgard engage outfit in boutique to unlock it so it allows you to change ingame whenever you like it. I made it so you can buy it as an option in boutique shop instead of it replacing on all default outfits.

Edited by ItisRyan142
3 hours ago, ItisRyan142 said:

It is a nude mod... you have to buy a copied edelgard engage outfit in boutique to unlock it so it allows you to change ingame whenever you like it. I made it so you can buy it as an option in boutique shop instead of it replacing on all default outfits.

I must be doing something wrong I already have theĀ edelgard engage outfit it just has big boob nothing more

43 minutes ago, joshua3883 said:

I must be doing something wrong I already have theĀ edelgard engage outfit it just has big boob nothing more

Either rebuy the outfit in boutique cuz there's two engage edelgard outfit or you're missing the fundamental nude mod texture from this topic of page 4.