Fire Emblem Engage (Switch)

On 1/29/2023 at 5:27 PM, TwoMoreTimes89 said:

I decided to play around with it myself to see if I could get the edits.  I ended up finding the files that actually edited the bust were around line 2100 (search for the characters name and you'll see a group with like 5-8 lines with the character's name, those are the correct ones to edit, the ones in the ~650 range are incorrect from personal experience).  Once you get those lines located, it's easy to change them to whatever size you'd prefer.  Then import it back into the bundle and you're good.  LMK if something doesn't work there or if you can't find it still.

Attached an image to the correct lines, for where I can increase it for Celine.

Screenshot 2023-01-29 142931.png

Oh, thank you for this!!! I had actually figured it out a little bit ago, but that was because I brute forced it and went through every line, so actually knowing specifically which lines matter makes things a lot easier and faster. I appreciate it!

So after looking at a bunch of random files it seems like the only model with a full base body is ubody_msn0df_c553 (Zephia's model). even the swimsuits have incomplete bases since you're not supposed to see the base body. they look like this.

Spoiler

image.png.2dfec1ee6c81442aec523cd149f5c393.png

So basically if we can get a nude texture for zephia's base body we could inject it into ubody_swimf2_c000(b, c, and d) and then we'd have a nude mod for the swimsuits in the boutique.

The problem is that the textures when extracted look like this

Spoiler

image.png.6c33b8dcbc43723575725ffda9e11bf7.png

So unless we can figure out how to properly edit the texture for zephia and manually inject the model into the swimsuit models we won't be able to get a proper nude mod for every character.

Granted even my suggestions are filled with potential holes soooooo...

I'm at a loss and I'm too dumb to figure it out lmao. Then again. I'm not a modder, I just like drawing.

I tried to extract the model from swimsuit A and deleted the cloth part using blender, but I'm totally at loss on how to import back the files as there's tons of meshes, textures etc that relies on the specific path ID of the mesh that I tried to replace. Even if I did, it will just show ingame as if there's only swimf1_c000_skin part, missing the dress part.

Below I share my modified model of swimsuit ver A if anyone knows..

SwimF1_c000_Dress.7z

Edited by ItisRyan142

Hey. does anyone know how to change a male units body model to a female one? I want to see if I can change Rosado's bust volume parameter without getting rid of his unique outfits, but despite seemingly using the clothes that female units use in-game, he still seems to have a male body model, meaning that changing the parameter does nothing. If its not possible then that's fine, but I was just wondering if anyone had any insight on this.

1 hour ago, Skelento said:

Hey. does anyone know how to change a male units body model to a female one? I want to see if I can change Rosado's bust volume parameter without getting rid of his unique outfits, but despite seemingly using the clothes that female units use in-game, he still seems to have a male body model, meaning that changing the parameter does nothing. If its not possible then that's fine, but I was just wondering if anyone had any insight on this.

You might've changed a different params then if it doesn't work. 

11 hours ago, Hugh Neutron said:

So after looking at a bunch of random files it seems like the only model with a full base body is ubody_msn0df_c553 (Zephia's model). even the swimsuits have incomplete bases since you're not supposed to see the base body. they look like this.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.2dfec1ee6c81442aec523cd149f5c393.png

So basically if we can get a nude texture for zephia's base body we could inject it into ubody_swimf2_c000(b, c, and d) and then we'd have a nude mod for the swimsuits in the boutique.

The problem is that the textures when extracted look like this

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.6c33b8dcbc43723575725ffda9e11bf7.png

So unless we can figure out how to properly edit the texture for zephia and manually inject the model into the swimsuit models we won't be able to get a proper nude mod for every character.

Granted even my suggestions are filled with potential holes soooooo...

I'm at a loss and I'm too dumb to figure it out lmao. Then again. I'm not a modder, I just like drawing.

The textures look like that because games on switch swizzle the textures (to increase performance).

I found a python script to unswizzle the texture on xentax, and made a modified version that could reswizzle the texture.

https://github.com/Clouser2023/fe_e_swiz (here's the python scripts)

You need python3 installed, as well as PIL and numpy

To use the files just drag an image onto the .bat files and it'll swizzle/unswizzle the image (image, python and bat files need to all be in the same directory)

4 hours ago, cris1010 said:

Is it possible to change support conversations already to fix the mess they did?

It shouldn't be difficult. It's just changing lines of text. It would just have to be translated from Japanese. Previous titles and other Switch games have had their localization censorship removed before.

Edited by DORODERE
45 minutes ago, redrum777 said:

Does anyone have the character names which appear in the asset table? I've found that some characters name are different in the table e.g. Pannette = Panetone, Timerra =???

As a rule of thumb just go on the wiki and check their Japanese names. Alear for exemple is Lueur or リュール in katakana. for female Alear there is also the word 女性(jyousei) meaning woman.

Edited by EroTantei
8 minutes ago, EroTantei said:

As a rule of thumb just go on the wiki and check their Japanese names. Alear for exemple is Lueur or リュール in katakana. for female Alear there is also the word 女性(jyousei) meaning woman.

I didn't even think of that, thanks.

22 hours ago, DORODERE said:

It shouldn't be difficult. It's just changing lines of text. It would just have to be translated from Japanese. Previous titles and other Switch games have had their localization censorship removed before.

I tried but it just doesn't load the modded conversation ingame (the screen fades to black and after a few seconds returns to the menu) but the other conversations still work, the conversation files are ".bytes" instead of ".xml" like the body sizes files.

I tried modifying and reimportiong the assettable.xml.bundle file and everything worked fine.

So i guess it needs another way for re-importing or another tool for ".bytes"?

Edited by cris1010