Samurai Maiden - Potential Modding

2 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Thanks for sharing the mesh data.  I looked through all the buffers and none seem to be easily identifiable as position, transformation, rotation or scale, or as matrices.  I must come to the conclusion that the GPU is not animating the model (at least not in the DX11 draw call).  This is very strange, but perhaps that is a side-effect of building a game engine that works on everything including mobile.  This is well beyond my knowledge level.  Nonetheless, I am very comfortable saying now that mesh editing is not something 3DMigoto will be able to achieve.

I am glad you were able to figure out modding the game using existing tools!

無知なので、よくわかりませんが・・・
このゲームがDX12で動作しているからではないですか??

DX12のゲームで3DMigotoが機能している事の方が不思議なんですが;

私はこのゲームがDX12で作られているので3DMigoto自体が機能しないと思っていたので、この時期になってから遅れてMOD作り出した・・・

I'm clueless, so I don't really know...
Isn't it because this game is running on DX12?

I'm more surprised that 3DMigoto is working on a DX12 game;...

I thought that 3DMigoto itself would not work because this game is made in DX12, so I made the mod late in the season ...

9 hours ago, parapara said:

無知なので、よくわかりませんが・・・
このゲームがDX12で動作しているからではないですか??

DX12のゲームで3DMigotoが機能している事の方が不思議なんですが;

私はこのゲームがDX12で作られているので3DMigoto自体が機能しないと思っていたので、この時期になってから遅れてMOD作り出した・・・

I'm clueless, so I don't really know...
Isn't it because this game is running on DX12?

I'm more surprised that 3DMigoto is working on a DX12 game;...

I thought that 3DMigoto itself would not work because this game is made in DX12, so I made the mod late in the season ...

I also wondered if this is the case. I looked at the 3DMigoto issue tracker and it seems that 3DMigoto will not load at all if the game is running in DX12. So I suspect that this game is actually running in DX11, despite the steam requirements and xbox compatibility. Also, I have seen this problem before, as some posted a frame dump from a different game on my GitHub with the same problem.

5 hours ago, woofhat said:

Thank you for the clarification.
I do agree with you.
Most likely this part of the work was already done by the CPU before it was sent to the GPU for rendering. After all, Unity is not only used on PC, but there are many applications on ios/andriod as well. It has to be handled differently than other game engines too. Performance must be sacrificed to achieve better compatibility.

Yes, I think so. I do not know if other unity games have the same problem or not, though.

6 hours ago, normen93 said:

Hello, im completely noob on modding

Can i ask something?

If i want tsumugi in nude, which mod i should download?

Then what step by step to make it happened?

Because im reading from previous page & still confused ?

TIA

There are currently 2 ways to make a mod for this game.
The 1st one is 3dmigoto, which can only modify the texture, not the model.
The 2nd is the "traditional" method of making unity mod. It can modify both the texture and the model, making a truly naked mod.

If you want the previous mods made with 3dmigoto, just need extract the mod files to the root of the game.

The mod I posted above is a naked mod of tsumugi using the 2nd method.https://www.loverslab.com/topic/201761-samurai-maiden-potential-modding/?do=findComment&comment=3953534

To make the mod work, you must clear the CRC checksum of the mod file, otherwise the game will not work.

I started with the method of replacing unityplayer.dll, but it's not a good method.

dll files are important and it's best not to modify them.

nesrak1 has posted a tool on github that can be used to clear CRC checksums. I recommend using his method.

Some people may not be sure how to do this, let me explain.

1) Download the tool made by nesrak1 and extract it to a folder. https://github.com/nesrak1/AddressablesTools/releases/tag/v1 
2) Download the mod I made above (or others made) and extract it to the same folder.
3) Backup the catalog.json file (located in the \SAMURAI MAIDEN\JKS_Win64_Data\StreamingAssets\aa folder) and copy to the same folder.
4) Create a new TXT file and enter the following content.

example searchasset catalog.json
example patchcrc catalog.json

Save the file as crc.cmd, or directly download the file I made.crc.cmd Save it in the same folder.
When all the files are ready it should look like this.

1.jpg.e07c2998659f2a809200a2adb78c5c4b.jpg

5) Double click to run crc.cmd
Copy and enter the full filename of the 1st .bundle file, and enter.

2.jpg.b497154b13fa0e1f11cb76d1bc45fb51.jpg

Wait for a while, the program will exit automatically when it finishes running and generate 1 catalog.json.patched file.
6) Delete the original catalog.json file and rename catalog.json.patched file to catalog.json.
7) Repeat the previous operation and replace other .bundle files.
There are several .bundle files that need to be operated several times, so repeat it 6 times here.
8 ) After the operation is finished, move the catalog.json file to its original location (\SAMURAI MAIDEN\JKS_Win64_Data\StreamingAssets\aa).
Move all .bundle files to \SAMURAI MAIDEN\JKS_Win64_Data\StreamingAssets\aa\StandaloneWindows64 folder and replace the original files (remember to backup the original files first)
9) Finish.

Edited by woofhat
15 hours ago, woofhat said:

There are currently 2 ways to make a mod for this game.
The 1st one is 3dmigoto, which can only modify the texture, not the model.
The 2nd is the "traditional" method of making unity mod. It can modify both the texture and the model, making a truly naked mod.

If you want the previous mods made with 3dmigoto, just need extract the mod files to the root of the game.

The mod I posted above is a naked mod of tsumugi using the 2nd method.https://www.loverslab.com/topic/201761-samurai-maiden-potential-modding/?do=findComment&comment=3953534

To make the mod work, you must clear the CRC checksum of the mod file, otherwise the game will not work.

I started with the method of replacing unityplayer.dll, but it's not a good method.

dll files are important and it's best not to modify them.

nesrak1 has posted a tool on github that can be used to clear CRC checksums. I recommend using his method.

Some people may not be sure how to do this, let me explain.

1) Download the tool made by nesrak1 and extract it to a folder. https://github.com/nesrak1/AddressablesTools/releases/tag/v1 
2) Download the mod I made above (or others made) and extract it to the same folder.
3) Backup the catalog.json file (located in the \SAMURAI MAIDEN\JKS_Win64_Data\StreamingAssets\aa folder) and copy to the same folder.
4) Create a new TXT file and enter the following content.

example searchasset catalog.json
example patchcrc catalog.json

Save the file as crc.cmd, or directly download the file I made.crc.cmd Save it in the same folder.
When all the files are ready it should look like this.

1.jpg.e07c2998659f2a809200a2adb78c5c4b.jpg

5) Double click to run crc.cmd
Copy and enter the full filename of the 1st .bundle file, and enter.

2.jpg.b497154b13fa0e1f11cb76d1bc45fb51.jpg

Wait for a while, the program will exit automatically when it finishes running and generate 1 catalog.json.patched file.
6) Delete the original catalog.json file and rename catalog.json.patched file to catalog.json.
7) Repeat the previous operation and replace other .bundle files.
There are several .bundle files that need to be operated several times, so repeat it 6 times here.
8 ) After the operation is finished, move the catalog.json file to its original location (\SAMURAI MAIDEN\JKS_Win64_Data\StreamingAssets\aa).
Move all .bundle files to \SAMURAI MAIDEN\JKS_Win64_Data\StreamingAssets\aa\StandaloneWindows64 folder and replace the original files (remember to backup the original files first)
9) Finish.

調整まだだけど、もしかして出来たかも・・・

I haven't adjusted it yet, but maybe I could...

image.jpeg.ddfa75cc6b742a1d1bf132cdf4523c36.jpeg

image.jpeg.835fb467aa4eb312e4aa2a49d25fe1de.jpeg

ウェイトやアーマチュアも問題なさそう。
後は下着データがないこの娘のパンティーをどうするかな・・・;

Weight and armature seem to be no problem.
After that, what to do with this girl's panties that have no underwear data...;

image.jpeg.c08ce8788c731bef9c81b253b42d3ac1.jpeg

image.jpeg.405d9675e9442ae5fe5883b01a81eba8.jpeg

image.jpeg.95fef51cd0b6a9c419c358fe8470a935.jpeg

image.jpeg.fcd33f99005dfbf03f2f0895c70c87c9.jpeg

IYOのヌード対応のアドオンです。

使用にはJKS_Parapara_MODが導入されている事が前提です。

IYOに下着のモデルが無いため、網タイツ有と無しの状態をループさせる方法で対応しました。

このためIYOのみ他の3人とは独立した切替キーに設定を変更しました。

キー3を押す度に・・・
ノーマル状態 → マイクロスカート → ノースカート → 裸 → ノーマルスカート(網タイツ無し) → マイクロスカート(網タイツ無し) → ノースカート(網タイツ無し) → 裸 → 最初に戻る

「注意事項」
catalog.json(JKS_Win64_Data\StreamingAssets\aa)と
duplicateassetisolation2_assets_assets_app_rawdata_characters_models_mod_cstm_31_sayo_20.fbx.bundle(KS_Win64_Data\StreamingAssets\aa\StandaloneWindows64)を必ずバックアップしてから上書きして下さい。

This is an add-on for IYO nude.
It is assumed that JKS_Parapara_MOD is installed for use.

Since IYO does not have an underwear model, we responded by looping the state with and without fishnet tights.

For this reason, only IYO changed the setting to a switch key independent of the other three.

Every time you press key 3...
Normal state → Micro skirt → No skirt → Naked → Normal skirt (no fishnet tights) → Micro skirt (no fishnet tights) → No skirt (no fishnet tights) → Naked → Return to the beginning

"Notes"
catalog.json (JKS_Win64_Data\StreamingAssets\aa) and
Make sure to back up duplicateassetisolation2_assets_assets_app_rawdata_characters_models_mod_cstm_31_sayo_20.fbx.bundle (KS_Win64_Data\StreamingAssets\aa\StandaloneWindows64) before overwriting.

Loop order image

image.jpeg.8da2b72247ff037031a1b47d399b78e3.jpeg

image.jpeg.aac9a062cfd142cc368b503cd18f8e17.jpeg

image.jpeg.a78552aa0b00ca0809821427476c963b.jpeg

image.jpeg.a6fddf9cf7bc252f97918b6486ec7743.jpeg

image.jpeg.e0bbdffbd1f0e64e5191d38bd95801c5.jpeg

image.jpeg.d3834a92587957053847eec33330c944.jpeg

image.jpeg.55525bae549e5341c9d429713d0bf495.jpeg

image.jpeg.8965b1912fd387287a43d2c828ed5a3c.jpeg

あ・・・作っちゃった;

Ah...I made it;

「注意事項の追記」

このMODに入っているcatalog.jsonは既に古くなっています。
ゲームのバージョンと異なるcatalog.jsonを使用すると不具合が出ます。
woofhatさんの説明を参考に、最新のcatalog.jsonにパッチを当てて下さい。

"Additional Notes"

The catalog.json in this mod is already outdated.
Using a catalog.json different from the game version will cause problems.
Please refer to woofhat's explanation and apply a patch to the latest catalog.json.

Edited by parapara
3 hours ago, legoman101 said:

Hi, modding aside. Is this game worth buying or playing? People on Steam saying this is more like a VN and less gameplay. No fanservice like Bullet girls.

There doesn't seem to be any fanservice mini game (maybe I'm wrong since I'm just a few hours in) and clothes destruction has been very toned down to a point where I can't even call it fanservice. I think the gameplay is enjoyable enough, but worse than Bullet Girl Phantasia to me. But yeah, it's relatively short gameplay segments and a lot of VN cutscenes. To me it's still worth it, but overall it's below my expectations.

Honestly though, sadly any anime game in Sony platforms will probably have to be very tame. Really wish those publishers could just avoid it entirely but probably not viable.

1~8Hour:NV +  Neptunia act

9~16Hour:NV +  dark souls
17~30Hour:monster hunter (team)
31Hour~ :The King of Fighters

Bullet Girl Fantasia 8/10

Samurai Maiden 7/10
i love this game too

Thanks for making mods

(I used a translation tool)

Edited by sayo4k
On 12/27/2022 at 12:58 AM, parapara said:

IYOのヌード対応のアドオンです。

使用にはJKS_Parapara_MODが導入されている事が前提です。

IYOに下着のモデルが無いため、網タイツ有と無しの状態をループさせる方法で対応しました。

このためIYOのみ他の3人とは独立した切替キーに設定を変更しました。

キー3を押す度に・・・
ノーマル状態 → マイクロスカート → ノースカート → 裸 → ノーマルスカート(網タイツ無し) → マイクロスカート(網タイツ無し) → ノースカート(網タイツ無し) → 裸 → 最初に戻る

「注意事項」
catalog.json(JKS_Win64_Data\StreamingAssets\aa)と
duplicateassetisolation2_assets_assets_app_rawdata_characters_models_mod_cstm_31_sayo_20.fbx.bundle(KS_Win64_Data\StreamingAssets\aa\StandaloneWindows64)を必ずバックアップしてから上書きして下さい。

This is an add-on for IYO nude.
It is assumed that JKS_Parapara_MOD is installed for use.

Since IYO does not have an underwear model, we responded by looping the state with and without fishnet tights.

For this reason, only IYO changed the setting to a switch key independent of the other three.

Every time you press key 3...
Normal state → Micro skirt → No skirt → Naked → Normal skirt (no fishnet tights) → Micro skirt (no fishnet tights) → No skirt (no fishnet tights) → Naked → Return to the beginning

"Notes"
catalog.json (JKS_Win64_Data\StreamingAssets\aa) and
Make sure to back up duplicateassetisolation2_assets_assets_app_rawdata_characters_models_mod_cstm_31_sayo_20.fbx.bundle (KS_Win64_Data\StreamingAssets\aa\StandaloneWindows64) before overwriting.

Loop order image

image.jpeg.8da2b72247ff037031a1b47d399b78e3.jpeg

image.jpeg.aac9a062cfd142cc368b503cd18f8e17.jpeg

image.jpeg.a78552aa0b00ca0809821427476c963b.jpeg

image.jpeg.a6fddf9cf7bc252f97918b6486ec7743.jpeg

image.jpeg.e0bbdffbd1f0e64e5191d38bd95801c5.jpeg

image.jpeg.d3834a92587957053847eec33330c944.jpeg

image.jpeg.55525bae549e5341c9d429713d0bf495.jpeg

image.jpeg.8965b1912fd387287a43d2c828ed5a3c.jpeg

あ・・・作っちゃった;

Ah...I made it;

JKS_Parapara_MOD_IYO_NUDE.rar 63.58 MB · 1,006 downloads

このmodをインストールすると21話でフレームレートが1桁まで下がりました。

catalog.jsonとduplicateassetisolation2_assets_assets_app_rawdata_characters_models_mod_cstm_31_sayo_20.fbx.bundleを元のファイルに戻すと問題は解消しました。

いよちゃんが表示されていない状態でもフレームレートが下がるので、catalog.jsonが怪しい感じがします。

1 hour ago, Suzutsuki said:

このmodをインストールすると21話でフレームレートが1桁まで下がりました。

catalog.jsonとduplicateassetisolation2_assets_assets_app_rawdata_characters_models_mod_cstm_31_sayo_20.fbx.bundleを元のファイルに戻すと問題は解消しました。

いよちゃんが表示されていない状態でもフレームレートが下がるので、catalog.jsonが怪しい感じがします。

MODを作るのに時間がかかっていたので、私はまだ5話目までしか進んでいません;
その症状を確認するのに時間がかかりそうです。
1つ考えられる事は、今日のアップデートによりcatalog.json自体の内容に変更があったと思います。
実際、アップデート後にTsumugiの剣のエフェクトが表示されない状態になりましたが、新しいcatalog.jsonにパッチを当てたら正常になりました。
catalog.jsonのパッチの当て方は凄く簡単ですので、woofhatさんの説明を参考に、新しいcatalog.jsonにパッチを当ててみて下さい。

It took me a while to make the mod, so I'm only up to episode 5;
It may take some time to confirm the symptoms.
One thing I can think of is that today's update changed the contents of catalog.json itself.
In fact, Tsumugi's sword effect was not displayed after the update, but it became normal after applying a patch to the new catalog.json.
How to patch catalog.json is very easy, so please refer to Mr. woofhat's explanation and apply the patch to the new catalog.json.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by parapara
12 hours ago, parapara said:

MODを作るのに時間がかかっていたので、私はまだ5話目までしか進んでいません;
その症状を確認するのに時間がかかりそうです。
1つ考えられる事は、今日のアップデートによりcatalog.json自体の内容に変更があったと思います。
実際、アップデート後にTsumugiの剣のエフェクトが表示されない状態になりましたが、新しいcatalog.jsonにパッチを当てたら正常になりました。
catalog.jsonのパッチの当て方は凄く簡単ですので、woofhatさんの説明を参考に、新しいcatalog.jsonにパッチを当ててみて下さい。

It took me a while to make the mod, so I'm only up to episode 5;
It may take some time to confirm the symptoms.
One thing I can think of is that today's update changed the contents of catalog.json itself.
In fact, Tsumugi's sword effect was not displayed after the update, but it became normal after applying a patch to the new catalog.json.
How to patch catalog.json is very easy, so please refer to Mr. woofhat's explanation and apply the patch to the new catalog.json.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

catalog.jsonを修正すると上手くいきました。

ありがとうございます。

patched catalog.json for 20221228 update

catalog.7z

On 12/28/2022 at 6:11 AM, aflamingo said:

There doesn't seem to be any fanservice mini game (maybe I'm wrong since I'm just a few hours in) and clothes destruction has been very toned down to a point where I can't even call it fanservice. I think the gameplay is enjoyable enough, but worse than Bullet Girl Phantasia to me. But yeah, it's relatively short gameplay segments and a lot of VN cutscenes. To me it's still worth it, but overall it's below my expectations.

Honestly though, sadly any anime game in Sony platforms will probably have to be very tame. Really wish those publishers could just avoid it entirely but probably not viable.

Im absolutely certain this game was meant to have a lewed minigame but was scrapped, the minigame would of taken place in the gallery mode where you unlock new moves, you can tell there should be one because during the cutscene they talk about doing "special training" then comes a loading screen, then another cutscene plays out were they appear fatigued, otherwise it would of been a continuous cutscene like in story mode. A minigame probably tied to Tsumagis camera or something.

IYOの網タイツをパンツに変えるMODです。

元々のスパッツのメッシュ自体をパンツに変えているため、IYOのセーラー服全てがパンツになります。
効果はJKS_Parapara_MOD_IYO_NUDEと同じです。

「注意事項」
JKS_Parapara_MODを導入している事が前提です。
JKS_Parapara_MOD_IYO_NUDEを導入している場合は上書きで大丈夫です。

「注意事項2」
ゲームのアップデートがあった場合、ゲームのバージョンと異なるcatalog.jsonを使用すると不具合が出ます。
woofhatさんの説明を参考に、最新のcatalog.jsonにパッチを当てて下さい。

This is a mod that changes IYO's fishnet tights into pants.

Since the mesh of the original spats itself is changed to pants, all IYO sailor uniforms are pants.
The effect is the same as JKS_Parapara_MOD_IYO_NUDE.

"Notes"
It is assumed that JKS_Parapara_MOD is installed.
If JKS_Parapara_MOD_IYO_NUDE is installed, overwriting is fine.

"Note 2"
If there is a game update, using a catalog.json different from the game version will cause problems.
Please refer to woofhat's explanation and apply a patch to the latest catalog.json.

Loop order image

image.jpeg.bea641a0b08db6b8a15060068624d105.jpeg

image.jpeg.e3732086a8c723aa47934ee532536238.jpeg

image.jpeg.4b7dd2299e8084a1391e96efb2ed4ec9.jpeg

image.jpeg.4bc051627601d69085feb5d297811c56.jpeg

image.jpeg.04c8f684a1ebaf10d36da32106a6f579.jpeg

image.jpeg.b1bff604d8a3a0efef2e77d7d42a645a.jpeg

image.jpeg.a2350add9ac191d29ebcc20e15e3da4e.jpeg

image.jpeg.84a602de1b8d1201d98fab155c9fdcdc.jpeg

All of IYO's sailor uniforms are pants.
There is no option to change clothes.

image.jpeg.4937ecb0bb7b3669754f9753470d3ae3.jpegimage.jpeg.30aa9ca8e6f65776fbba6ea332485ae3.jpegimage.jpeg.9a2d07bd97bda95309830396325cd364.jpeg

Edited by parapara

JKS_Parapara_MOD_IYO_NUDE2の日焼け肌を修正する差分ファイルです;

JKS_Parapara_MOD_IYO_NUDE2を導入後に追加で上書きして下さい。

This is a difference file that corrects the tanned skin of JKS_Parapara_MOD_IYO_NUDE2;

Please add and overwrite after installing JKS_Parapara_MOD_IYO_NUDE2.

image.jpeg.151e30e5baebeec4d9198d69d224e917.jpeg

Edited by parapara