Searching for current most stable NPC->PC combat defeat/rape mods

This is both a light analysis and a request for suggestions.

I've seen multiple threads on this topic, though I don't want to necro any of them, and this topic appears to be relatively volatile due to the quantity of defeat mods we have as well as their instability. I'm mainly looking for combat defeat mods that involve the PC being raped by NPCs or creatures. I've tested three defeat mods but am still deciding on which to incorporate on a long-term play-through.

Some questions I ask myself:

Is it seamless?

Is it bug-free?

Is it stable?

Is it compatible/flexible with varying mod setups?

One thing I'd note is that I'm considering features, not the mods themselves, in regard to stability as it may be possible to disable a mod's other features. None of the below are necessarily knocks on any of the respective mods, but in product design, intuitiveness and accommodation is important as in designing for the lowest common denominator of an audience. Some notes might also be frustrations happening purely because of something on my end.

All mods tested on SE/AE (1.6.640)

Mods I've tried

1. Naked Defeat SE (4.81)
    • Not seamless at all. I had set the post-defeat pause (which the mod provides so the player can find a good spot to display animation scene) to 5 seconds, but it still feels absurdly long.
    • Crawling animation works during defeat scene, but bugs out afterwards, such as after transition to Simple Slavery ++. It just overall feels so slow.
    • Uses Zaz / ZAP during defeat state, but Zaz 8+ SE on my setup has been finicky: while some animations work fine, others are a flip of the coin, while player state where hands are bound behind the player lack any actual visible restraints on the wrists. Breaks immersion.
  2. Yamete Kudasai (2.1.2.8)
    • Dependent on Acheron framework.
    • To workaround some bugs: Disable Acheron's passive recovery options for Player; Disable YK's struggle.
  3. SexLab Defeat Baka Edition (1.45)
    • NPC vs NPC is basically broken and hasn't been fixed for about half a year.
    • On my end, cover-up animation interfered with get-up animations post-rape (causes the latter animations to play twice, ten seconds after the first time, after the player has already regained full PC control). This was a rare occurrence that happened if without DAR.
    • Resist animations during down-state, prior to rape, don't respond to my controls (keyboard or controller), even if I've selected the correct option that supposedly accommodates for controller input. This may be because I have Auto Input Switch mod installed. But regardless, the struggle scene still carries on forever and never ends. This effectively locks the game up.
    • If a valid attacker is out of range and the valid time for their rape of you runs out, you have to [unsheath] and spam [jump] to get up.
  4. SexLab Yet Another Combat Rape Mod (1.1 beta)
    • Combat defeat mod centered around endless rape. Only plays one specific animation on repeat and does not account for multiple actors. Where another mod might interpret "endless rape" as in a series of sex animations happening in succession, YACR's interpretation is an endless loop. Only three options available: give up (die), call for help (only looks for friendly NPCs in vicinity), or resist. Pro is that this mod appears to be very, very, very stable due to how simplistic and straight-forward it is. Con is that it's bland and lacks variation.
    • No surrender option mid-combat. Requirement for down-state prior to rape is dependent on modifiable player health percentage condition. Furthermore, when condition is satisfied, rape ALWAYS happens, but not immediately. Which means it's possible to die before down-state initiates.
    • QTE would've helped immensely with entertainment, but as it is, resist is a roll of the (invisible) dice. Still, if ranking by stability and seamless-ness of its player-rape feature (and, again, factoring in customization/disabling of options to a reasonable degree), I'd put it just below SL Defeat Baka.
  5. Dragonborn In Distress (AE 2.05)
    • Combat rape works efficiently and effectively. Lightweight like the author describes. However, after rape, no restraints are equipped during enslavement (mod doesn't detect DD 5.2). Furthermore, PC can walk as far away as they want to when enslaved, though they remain encumbered with -700 carry weight. As such, there is no convenient way (gameplay-wise, not roleplay-wise) to end what I'd consider the overall rape event.
    • No longer in active development.
  6. Peril (3.0.0) 
    • A stable alternative to other Defeat mods. Combat rape works as effectively and smoothly as you can expect.
    • There’s a substantial delay between surrender and dialogue with opponent of about 5-10 seconds, which means I have to roleplay by waiting and not depend on the game or mod to guide me for fear of breaking the event.
    • If you like Devious Devices like I do, they are sometimes equipped on the Player as an alternative to rape. The idea of bondage during or after rape seems mirrored in Practical Defeat.
  7. Simple Assault (0.9.0)
    • Constant issue with being unable to find valid actors. But, when it works, it works well. Also hooks into Simple Slavery post-rape without need for the "Acheron - Simple Slavery" plugin, which is nice.

Mods I haven't tried

1. SexLab Defeat SSE Bane Patched (5.3.6 080222)
    • Dynamic Defeat LRG Patch Description 
    • Seems promising and stable (LRG patch included!). But the patch nonetheless adds extraneous features to the stable player-defeat feature I'm looking for, while I'm also still impartial to the defeat animations in Baka's SL Defeat. Further, Baka's SL Defeat should already have built-in support for Babodialogue.
  2. Yamete Redux (1.0.5)
    • Doesn't support Simple Slavery ++
  3. Battle Fuck (20220312)
    • Incompatible with AE 1.6.640 (source)
  4. Practical Defeat (0.2.5)
  5. Simple Defeat (1.4.2)
    • No option for rape on bleedout.
    • Does not hook into Simple Slavery for post-assault event.
Edited by Gyra

Just tried SexLab YACR today.

1. SexLab Yet Another Combat Rape Mod (1.1 beta)
    • Combat defeat mod centered around endless rape. Only plays one specific animation on repeat and does not account for multiple actors. Where another mod might interpret "endless rape" as in a series of sex animations happening in succession, YACR's interpretation is an endless loop. Only three options available: give up (die), call for help (only looks for friendly NPCs in vicinity), or resist. Pro is that this mod appears to be very, very, very stable due to how simplistic and straight-forward it is. Con is that it's bland and lacks variation.
    • No surrender option mid-combat. Requirement for down-state prior to rape is dependent on modifiable player health percentage condition. Furthermore, when condition is satisfied, rape ALWAYS happens, but not immediately. Which means it's possible to die before down-state initiates.
    • QTE would've helped immensely with entertainment, but as it is, resist is a roll of the (invisible) dice. Still, if ranking by stability and seamless-ness of its player-rape feature (and, again, factoring in customization/disabling of options to a reasonable degree), I'd put it just below SL Defeat Baka.
Edited by Gyra

Naked defeat was my favorite before I tried Battlefuck. If you want a chance in getting Naked defeat to work you have to set the post defeat pause to zero and the post escape pause to zero otherwise it will take absurdly long for the defeat scene to kick in. There is another trick which is getting a third person camera mod which lets you switch to third person by pressing F7. Going into third person seems to start the animation, and ending the crawl. The main problem I had with Naked defeat is the lack of pausing the bleadout in specific situations. With naked defeat all brawls or bobo dialogue scenes will end in a naked defeat scenario.

Yamete Kudasai is more stable and integrates with other scenarios better but the outcomes are horrendous. If the PC gets assaulted, the PC will stand up after the assault as if nothing happened, and continue the fight where it was left off, to me that’s cheating. I set Yamete Kudasai to blackout100%, robbery to 100%, and a small chance of Simple Slavery ++. This was semi satisfactory until I realized that creatures don’t steal your items, If the defeat happens in a Dungeon by a creature the PC will re-spawn right outside the Dungeon with all their gear. I have mods that repopulate cleared Dungeon after 24 hours to stop me from having a clear path to the NPC who has my gear. In the end this mod broke for me also

The clear winner in my book is Battle Fuck but for that you will have to downgrade, and downgrading is probably the best thing to do if you want a fully functional modded skyrim. Many authors have moved on from skyrim and one is only losing functionality with AE. Keep in mind I only played with Battle Fuck for a few hours, but for now it's the hands down winner.

Edited by aslab

Somehow I've got my battlefuck working fine on AE. Make sure when activating it you have nothing turned on that affects bleedout.

Automatic free cam has to be turned off in both this mod and sexlab MCM or you wont be able to use weapons after an escape. 

Sometimes when I escape the aggressor gets stuck in a lying down t pose but I can't play without it. My biggest issue right now is not able to get SL Survival to work on AE at all, I swear I've tried everything. 

I'm running battlefuck with bleedout toggled off, and Baka defeat bleedout toggled on. All other defeat triggers are off so it only functions as a literal defeat mechanic. I've had to jack up aggressors satiated time to 6 mins otherwise a large group will just continuously fuck you and you never pass out and move on to consequences lol. I do believe I read about scripting in more consequences for defeat but I am content with SS++ as a lead in to slaverun etc.

I may have to try the Bane version of defeat and let you know how it goes. Is it newer than Baka? 

34 minutes ago, Clasique said:

I may have to try the Bane version of defeat and let you know how it goes. Is it newer than Baka? 

SL Defeat Baka had an October release last year while Bane's version released February this year. Baka's is technically older but is an iteration of Goubo's with newer features. Bane's release only contains bug fixes over last year's May release of 5.3.5. But from other peoples' testimonies, seems Bane's is less buggy than Baka's overall.

45 minutes ago, Clasique said:

My biggest issue right now is not able to get SL Survival to work on AE at all

Did you download the SE beta 0.685 here?

Interesting thread, gave me something to consider. I had some bad experience with Naked Defeat which I described here:

Has anyone else had similar experiencers when creature content was turned off? I am pondering whether to give ND SE another chance since, as of this writing, it hasn't been updated in a year and judging from the comments it still has some major issues.

Edited by belegost
21 minutes ago, belegost said:

Has anyone else had similar experiencers when creature content was turned off? I am pondering whether to give ND SE another chance since, as of this writing, it hasn't been updated in a year and judging from the comments it still has some major issues.

Yeah... I ain't about to test ND any time soon. I had more time back then. But right now, I try my best to stay away from anything that, if in an unstable state, isn't being tended to regularly or in a transparent way. That would be stuff like SLS and ND.

Defeat Baka is in a mostly stable state, which is why I recommend it. But I agree with your comments regarding their mods in general, which is why I stay away from them for long play sessions. The problem also is that they have an incentive to delay updates to match their Patreon cycle. Like right now: their SexLab Approach mod currently has multiple broken player-NPC interactions, and Baka implies they realize it, but they'll delay the update until next month. This delay is on top of the sloppiness as you mentioned.

So in all, for purely player defeat (even if without creature support), I'd settle with either SL Defeat Baka, SL Defeat Bane, or Acheron Simple Assault.

6 hours ago, Gyra said:

Acheron Simple Assault

I have never heard about it until you mentioned it. Is it something new?

Latest SLS conversion works fine. In fact I can't play without it anymore. Apart from that licencing/misogyny stuff which I rarely use it has a bunch of features I really like and can't imagine not having now.

Edited by belegost
13 hours ago, belegost said:

I have never heard about it until you mentioned it. Is it something new?

Very new. Scrab is developing the Acheron defeat framework. The Simple Assault plug-in has issues due to volatility of development, but the added post-rape escape scenario and perpetrator validity checker helps with bridging parts of gameplays. It also prevents certain scenarios: with Baka Defeat, if you elect to set yourself as Essential, you’ll constantly be “downed” and never die even if the actor isn’t valid. Acheron just skips that and allows you to die in invalid scenarios but keeps you perpetually alive in valid ones.

13 hours ago, belegost said:

Latest SLS conversion works fine. In fact I can't play without it anymore. Apart from that licencing/misogyny stuff which I rarely use it has a bunch of features I really like and can't imagine not having now.

SLS used to be an integral part of my mod setup. It had long been a valued part of my game. But it has issues both from itself and in its dependencies. Random Enforcer generation is a known cause of CTD only on SE. License types persist in guard dialogue and with the guy who sells licenses despite their disabling via MCM. Kennel cage door (not the safe room door) on rare occasions bugs out. Kennel soft-locks gameplay if player is transported into the event with a gag. On the side that isn’t actually SLS’s fault, DD items with conflicting physical mesh locations yet occupying different slots can be equipped over each other, which isn’t an issue until both have physics, which leads to extreme CPU usage and eventual CTD. 

There are probably more issues, but in the long run they aren’t important in themselves because SLS is praiseworthy in attempting to be modular with its features. What’s important to me is the instability + inconsistency in aspects that I personally care about and the fact that the author themself has explicitly stated no update will address known issues for a long time. That’s all why I’ve transitioned to BM Licenses despite the overall reduction of features.

Edited by Gyra
1 hour ago, Gyra said:

Random Enforcer generation is a known cause of CTD only on SE

This actually has been fixed.

1 hour ago, belegost said:

This actually has been fixed.

Not at all. I observed the issue on 0.685 SE, which hasn't been updated since March 14th of last year, which holds same date as the last LE beta.

This is my crash report and Monoman1 acknowledging the issue. Workaround is to limit generation to 0, but enforcers still visually appear for a split-second.

And this is Monoman1 implying no ETA for the fix any time soon.

Edited by Gyra
11 minutes ago, Gyra said:

Not at all. I observed the issue on 0.685 SE, which hasn't been updated since March 14th of last year, which holds same date as the last LE beta.

This is my crash report and Monoman1 acknowledging the issue. Workaround is to limit generation to 0, but enforcers still visually appear for a split-second.

And this is Monoman1 implying no ETA for the fix any time soon.

I have not had this issue ever since I switched to 0.685 BETA SE, while I had it constantly on 0.635 and 0.662.

Edited by belegost
  • 3 weeks later...