Hi everyone 

I was just looking for advice. I want to begin building and creating my own mods. I have little experience with programming and games design however I have no idea where to begin. I have certain disabilities which makes looking at paragraphs of text difficult to learn from so was wondering if anyone knows any guides or tutorials (videos or easy guides) I could use to learn to build mods. Thanks for any answers :)

3 minutes ago, MiniMania1 said:

Hi everyone 

I was just looking for advice. I want to begin building and creating my own mods. I have little experience with programming and games design however I have no idea where to begin. I have certain disabilities which makes looking at paragraphs of text difficult to learn from so was wondering if anyone knows any guides or tutorials (videos or easy guides) I could use to learn to build mods. Thanks for any answers :)

I forgot to mention I had found a series of videos on YouTube from Bestinslot who has crested a series on YouTube creating mods using the creation kit for legendary edition. The videos are from 10 years ago. Would they be useful or has the creation kit and mod creating processes evolved and changed since then?

Depends what kinds of mods you want to make. Straightforward .esp stuff can be easy enough. If you want to do anything with scripts, which you probably do, you'll need to set up creation kit for compiling scripts, which can be a bit of a pain. You need to put all the source scripts in the right directory (either Data/Scripts/Source or Data/Source/Scripts depending on your setup). There are tons of tutorials about getting this done. If you want to get into SKSE plugin stuff, then I can't help you because I haven't gone there yet.

I prefer text tutorials, but if you like video tutorials then you're in luck. Skyrim Scripting has a modding setup series that I haven't watched, but their general scripting videos are really informative. Darkfox127 also has some great stuff. I'm sure there are other good ones too, but these have been helpful for me.

7 hours ago, MiniMania1 said:

Would they be useful or has the creation kit and mod creating processes evolved and changed since then?

As far as I know, Creation Kit is still basically the same. I've followed along with some old videos.