Poll for current and future users of SES  

2,400 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Skyrim do you typically use?

• LE - Legacy Edition (v1.9.32)
    • SE - Special Edition (v1.5.97)
    • AE - Anniversary Edition (v1.6+)
    • VR - Virtual Reality Edition (v1.4+)

6 minutes ago, Gyra said:

Seems your newer masterlist is flagged as esl and takes additional items from DD Expansion. But I can't figure out how to make it work with Salverun Enforcer. I'm guessing it's that number to the left of the plugin name in the .json that needs to change, but not sure what to put there instead.

Also, would you or @kaxat know if your non-DD SPID for vanilla female NPCs conflicts with Slaverun Enforcer or Slaverun itself? I wonder if I can use both Enforcer and your non-DD SPID in tandem to eliminate any chance of seeing clothed female NPCs based on my "no free women" setting.

In that case I must have made the name change on November 2022 when I also made massive changes to the content of the masterlist. But now I'm wondering why I didn't give kaxat the updated masterlist. Did I just forget? If so, it was a very stupid mistake for me to make.

On the weekend I'll take a look at everything and see what needs to be done.

SPID content won't directly conflict with SES. SPID will assign outfits at game start, then during the game SES will run and make it's own alterations to the outfits. you can run both safely (In theory, I've never actually tested it, I don't run the Enforcer because SPID + manual patches can change all NPCs without needing scripts).

2 hours ago, Corsec said:

SPID content won't directly conflict with SES. SPID will assign outfits at game start, then during the game SES will run and make it's own alterations to the outfits. you can run both safely (In theory, I've never actually tested it, I don't run the Enforcer because SPID + manual patches can change all NPCs without needing scripts).

I’ve been trying to find the best combination of mods for myself to implement a nudity law. So far been using either SLS or BM Licenses with your non-DD for Female NPCs. I recently gave AI Overhaul a try after making manual patches with your mods for several playthroughs. But since Synthesis straight up ignored my Remove Weapons patch when carrying over AI Overhaul’s changes, I was pushed to switch it up. I guess an appealing perk of SES is that NPCs can be fully nude. Not sure how one would implement that with SPID. SES also brings a narrative reason that unifies nudity for NPC and player, unlike with SLS and BM Licenses individually, so I’m hoping I can work it out with SES.

12 hours ago, Gyra said:

Attached is a new version of the non-DD outfit theme compatible with Corsec's latest non-DD mod. 

SlaverunOutfitsSlave.json 1.93 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks you for making this, it looks fine and it saves me the effort. @kaxat You should use this as the updated file for the newest Non-DD masterlists.

I asnwered your other questions in the other thread so as not to go too offtopic here.

On 5/19/2023 at 6:39 PM, Gyra said:

@Corsec I believe you changed your Non-DD esp name?

The one packed with Slaverun Enforcer is "Non-Devious Devices Masterlist", but the one Corsec releases individually is "Non-Devious Devices - Masterlist". The missing hyphen means newer .esp versions won't correctly overwrite the one packages.

@kaxat I assume we can simply remove the non-dd plugin you've packaged and edit the slaveoutfit .json to include the new name where appropriate?

I believe you are on an old version of the mod and thus an old version of Corsec's theme. Or perhaps you have selected the old Corsec theme during install?

Version 0.7 of this mod came out before Corsec did all of those updates. I just looked back and I released in the middle of November. Corsec finished updates a couple weeks laters. More recent versions of this mod contain his new updates and an additional theme. They include the renamed file plus some additional patches.

@Corsec It is not your fault. Mine for not updating the download page for some months.

If memory serves I obtained copies of these files directly from your download page. I wanted to avoid this exact problem. I just double checked which files get installed. The "Non-Devious Devices - Masterlist.esp" is from November 30. Ignore my previous comment regarding the file date. I was looking at the wrong file.

@Gyra You should install this version of the mod and select Corsec's new theme during install:

On 3/10/2023 at 9:34 AM, kaxat said:

Version 1.0.4 – Preview 4

Getting close to launching v1. I just updated a bunch of tutorials with it in mind.

1. Major update to the Luxury Collection theme. The last version of it was a beta. This redoes all of the outfits and adds a bunch more. Keeps colors relatively themed so the outfits always look nice. Also has regional variation so some cities will have fashion trends. There are over 130 base outfits in this. Each outfit has numerous possible combinations. In some cases a single base outfit has 1000+ combinations. It is rare to see the same outfit twice. It can also optionally change hair styles every day if you have installed hair mods such as Xing or KS Hairdos. Eventually I may bring this hairstyle change to more themes.

2. Altered the structure of Outfit Themes .json files to use the new SE/AE format. This means forms are no longer decimal but hexadecimal. If you have created or customized an outfit theme read this guide for how to update it. Everybody else can just update. Massive thanks to @xyzxyz for helping test that this change works on LE. Was a huge help.

3. Fixed a rare CTD one user experienced on LE when resetting outfits. Unclear if this is a bug in SKSE's ResetInventory() function. Perhaps a result of some other mod in their load order breaking SKSE. Since I can not do a conflict test on LE I stopped resetting inventories on that version of Skyrim. Now only outfits get reset on LE. Any removed weapons stay missing. Thanks @xyzxyz for the report and testing a fix.

4. Fixed bug with the "Enforcers check slavers" that caused it to behave in reverse. Unticking the box would cause slavers to be checked. Thanks to @drive.rafa3 for the report and finding the problem code.

5. Disabled my MFF+ group animation sorter. It did its best to prevent females from being stuck in the male position of the animation. This code was written before SexLab 1.63 included a similar fix. And well before SexLab P+ came out. I will leave fixing this to the pros. My code exists on the outside and is getting in the way now.

Known bugs

• On rare occasion equipping a Luxury Collection outfit causes an NPC's body will disappear. The clothing is visible but not the body. If you leave the city and return or quit and reload it will fix this. I do not know the cause yet nor I am convinced there is a good solution. Might be specific to 3BA and SMP physics enabled. Will keep investigating. Minor bug though. Ignore it for a minute and it goes away. I hope to find a solution and patch this prior to publishing the new version on the download page.

Slaverun Enforcer - Standsalone v1_0_4.zip 828.24 kB · 225 downloads

On 5/19/2023 at 11:08 PM, Gyra said:

I guess an appealing perk of SES is that NPCs can be fully nude. Not sure how one would implement that with SPID. SES also brings a narrative reason that unifies nudity for NPC and player, unlike with SLS and BM Licenses individually, so I’m hoping I can work it out with SES.

If your goal is nudity for all then this can be implemented in SPID. You need to create a new outfit in xEdit. You can start just by copying an existing vanilla outfit into a new plugin. Then edit the outfits contents. I would remove everything except jewelry. Save your new plugin. From here you can assign this new outfit to all female NPCs. Examine Corsec's SPID ini to get a good idea of how this is done. Copy his file and repoint the outfit it assigns from his plugins outfit to your new outfit.

You might be able to remove literally everything from this new outfit. I recommended leaving jewelry because I have never tried assigning an empty outfit before. I can imagine that this does not work. I would first try distributing an outfit that is just jewelry. Once that works you can trying removing jewelry too. See if the NPCs are left fully naked.

2 hours ago, kaxat said:

You should install this version of the mod and select Corsec's new theme during install

Oh that’s a little embarrassing on my part for not reading more into the thread. Thanks for pointing me in that direction. I assume the decoupling from Slaverun Reloaded will happen in 2.0.

I did actually work out how to make actors more naked with an outfit record and SPID, and Corsec helpfully made me a patch that alters all of his masterlist outfit records to be collar-only. This fit what I was looking for. 

Have you any thoughts on using SPID with Enforcer? I’m wondering of ways to work around clothed females, because each new female NPC will still be clothed if met between Enforcer’s checks. Corsec’s non-DD for Female NPC SPID would smooth the process by immediately stripping on game load, but I assume the outfit would change again when Enforcer runs.

Edited by Gyra

@Gyra No problem. Like I said I could do better at updating the front page. I have been working on v1.0.5 for months now. It is a tiny update. It has certainly not been worth the wait. But I have let it delay me all the same.

SES selectively gives females outfits. These NPCs need to be situated in slave cities and also checked if they are free or a slave. If you want to indiscriminately give outfits to every bandit and so forth then use SPID. It is better. I would disable as much outfit functionality in SES as you can. If you don't care about player enforcement for nudity laws then you could literally disable all SES stripping laws. This will give you a speed improvement.

But you do not need to disable anything. If you have installed the new Corsec theme then SES should immediately recognize those outfits as slave outfits. If you leave Apply Outfits enabled SES will give women a new outfit every 24hr from Corsecs collar theme. Corsecs patches always patch the original outfit record which means those changes propagate to SES as well. The outfit given should just be a collar.

The are only two small things SPID can not do in your case. First is strip followers after they equip something from their inventory. So take any clothing from their inventory to prevent this. Second NPCs in combat will sometimes grab and equip nearby items. If you find a naked bandit she might run towards a nearby shield or similar and equip it. I suppose one other thing SES does is unequip weapons from women in cities. That way they don't have daggers floating next to their hips.

@kaxat The keyword hexadecimal for newer Corsec non-DD doesn't appear correct (0xADB4 Dec.44468 vs 0xB58 Dec.2904) as of 20/05/2023. Lmk if this is reflected on your setup if you've downloaded the latest non-DD masterlist. Keyword .esp names are also missing the hyphen. Other references to .esp name were fine.

Old: "0xADB4|Non-Devious Devices Masterlist.esp"    /* NonDD Dec.44468 */

New: "0xB58|Non-Devious Devices - Masterlist.esp"    /* NonDD Dec.2904 */

I'll attach an example of a fixed version for other users.

It's also been a great experience using Enforcer in tandem with Corsec's SPID and my manual patch that removes weapons. SPID and patch truly helps expedite the outfit-change process. For example, in my game, Irileth was properly stripped of both weapons and armor. Yet Adrianne Avenicci somehow retained just her mace. Meanwhile, even though I kept Danica Pure-Spring out of my LOS, Enforcer refused to strip her in some of my tests (or maybe I haven't accounted for another variable in my test).

SES_Outfits_Slave.json

@Gyra Thanks Gyra. Your change modifies code that is essentially dormant. But I left the keyword code you modified because of a longterm goal to reduce reliance on SexLab. This makes way for supporting other sex engines.

Your change should not have any impact in game. But it is a good thing for me to be aware of. In the future that code might be useful again. I am glad you pointed out the stale form ID.

In the meantime the version included with SES should work fine. People will likely not notice a difference between your theme and the one they already installed.

@kaxat Probably a shot in the dark, but since you aren't detaching Enforcer from Slaverun Reloaded yet, any chance you could implement an option under the "Problems" tab to enslave all cities and towns WITHOUT spawning quest-related NPCs such as Pike? Or does a method to do so already exist?

Edited by Gyra

I have infinite loading when trying to start a new game. And corrapted save when trying to start from middle-game playthrough. Has anybody had the same issue? 
My game havily modded, so it's not surprising that this happened. Just trying my luck with this question. (Although MO finds no problems).

13 minutes ago, gkdkytgjfy said:

I have infinite loading when trying to start a new game. And corrapted save when trying to start from middle-game playthrough. Has anybody had the same issue? 
My game havily modded, so it's not surprising that this happened. Just trying my luck with this question. (Although MO finds no problems).

Not on my end. I have a big but not too heavy setup. I'd suggest the usual troubleshooting steps: verify you have the latest versions of the staple mods (Papyrus Extender, Papyrus Tweaks etc.); verify you have all of SES's requirements; if you do, disable your other mods and load only SES and its dependencies (and the latter's dependencies as well, of course). If even loading SES in seclusion fails, someone might be able to help you if you provided your papyrus log.

2 hours ago, Gyra said:

@kaxat Probably a shot in the dark, but since you aren't detaching Enforcer from Slaverun Reloaded yet, any chance you could implement an option under the "Problems" tab to enslave all cities and towns WITHOUT spawning quest-related NPCs such as Pike? Or does a method to do so already exist?

You probably already know that SLS has an option to autostart Slaverun. I don't know of a way to run the city enslavement quest in an alternate way.

Anyone had a problem with OAroused and this mod? I finally noticed none of the men were 'taking advantage' of their new status if you will, and then after I manually checked the arousal of different NPC's with the arousal hotkey did the enforcer runs start yielding sex.

It seems like the enforcer doesn't automatically 'see' arousal data unless i manually check npc's. 

Im currently running the newest version of OAroused, Enforcer standsalone and SexlabPPlus.

Also, I'm using OAroused because it seems like the newest and best arousal mod, and its supposed to be compatible with both sexlab and Osex

Edited by tallman

@tallman Are you talking about OSL Aroused or OAroused? OSL Aroused attempts to be a dropin replacement for SexLab aroused. While OAroused is for the Ostim framework and not SexLab. Unfortunately I don't believe OSL Aroused has yet implemented faction updates for mods like Reloaded. I just asked the mod author here:

I actually have some compatibility code for OSL Aroused in the upcoming v2 of this mod. OSLA offers some native functions I can call directly without suffering from frame delays. v2 uses those when OSLA is installed. But it will be awhile until that version is released. Until then you might use the SL Aroused Widget workaround mentioned in that thread. Then at least the 7 closest NPCs will have their arousal regularly update. Which is not great but it is at least something. It does mean distant NPCs are less likely to have sex.

@Gyra I would use the console `disable` command to hide Pike and the gang. If you don't plan on doing the story there is no reason to have them enabled. You can always `enable` them in the future. But you might have to lookup their reference IDs if it comes to that.

@gkdkytgjfy That is not a known issue. Gyra's trouble shooting steps are perfect for a situation like yours.

1 hour ago, kaxat said:

@tallman Are you talking about OSL Aroused or OAroused? OSL Aroused attempts to be a dropin replacement for SexLab aroused. While OAroused is for the Ostim framework and not SexLab. Unfortunately I don't believe OSL Aroused has yet implemented faction updates for mods like Reloaded. I just asked the mod author here:

I actually have some compatibility code for OSL Aroused in the upcoming v2 of this mod. OSLA offers some native functions I can call directly without suffering from frame delays. v2 uses those when OSLA is installed. But it will be awhile until that version is released. Until then you might use the SL Aroused Widget workaround mentioned in that thread. Then at least the 7 closest NPCs will have their arousal regularly update. Which is not great but it is at least something. It does mean distant NPCs are less likely to have sex.

@Gyra I would use the console `disable` command to hide Pike and the gang. If you don't plan on doing the story there is no reason to have them enabled. You can always `enable` them in the future. But you might have to lookup their reference IDs if it comes to that.

@gkdkytgjfy That is not a known issue. Gyra's trouble shooting steps are perfect for a situation like yours.

I believe its OSLAroused. I thought it was a ready drop in replacement, but I guess not. Seems like a good fit in the future based on your description of v2 and general dev trends. 

As far as I know the next best thing would be baka optimized arousal (extended?)? I'm not really sure what the best arousal mod is these days. Any recommendations?

@kaxat Actually, on your mod page, you say, “One of the earliest cheat options is to skip the entire story and jump straight to Skyrim being enslaved.”  Do you remember what happens to the quest NPCs? I feel like the ‘auto-enslave all cities and towns’ option in the Problems tab doesn’t provide the same effect, but I can’t be sure. They could remain enabled in the game world, but I wouldn’t want to hear Bellamy near the Gate nor Pike up in Dragonsreach repeat quest-related dialogue.

@tallman Personally I am excited about OSLA. It takes a feature that should not be written in Papyrus and ports it to a DLL. I have not play tested it yet but the mod ticks all the right boxes for me. I plan to use it in my next load order. It is evidently missing this one piece of backwards compatibility. But hopefully it is otherwise solid.

Let us see if oozama is still interested in keeping faction ranks regularly updated. If not I might write the compatibility shim for them. With the tools provided this should be a very simple thing to do. Probably 10 lines of code. A tiny mod to make OSLA more broadly compatible.

@Gyra If I remember correct the option in the Problems? menu has problems. I believe it failed to enable some of the town guards. Which for me was a deal breaker. The [Cheat] Dialogue option was better. It enabled all of the NPCs in my brief tests. But do not quote my memory. That is a great way to be wrong.

It sounds like you first need to decide what you want to do. At first you asked how to make them not spawn. The console disable command is perfect for that. If you want them to spawn but not have dialogue you will have to modify Slaverun's dialogue conditions in xEdit or similar. But in lieu of that you could just not talk to them. I do not recall any part of the story where they approach you. You have to go talk to them. And you only have to talk to them when advancing Slaverun quests. Which it sounds like you have no interest in.

6 hours ago, kaxat said:

@tallman Personally I am excited about OSLA. It takes a feature that should not be written in Papyrus and ports it to a DLL. I have not play tested it yet but the mod ticks all the right boxes for me. I plan to use it in my next load order. It is evidently missing this one piece of backwards compatibility. But hopefully it is otherwise solid.

Let us see if oozama is still interested in keeping faction ranks regularly updated. If not I might write the compatibility shim for them. With the tools provided this should be a very simple thing to do. Probably 10 lines of code. A tiny mod to make OSLA more broadly compatible.

@Gyra If I remember correct the option in the Problems? menu has problems. I believe it failed to enable some of the town guards. Which for me was a deal breaker. The [Cheat] Dialogue option was better. It enabled all of the NPCs in my brief tests. But do not quote my memory. That is a great way to be wrong.

It sounds like you first need to decide what you want to do. At first you asked how to make them not spawn. The console disable command is perfect for that. If you want them to spawn but not have dialogue you will have to modify Slaverun's dialogue conditions in xEdit or similar. But in lieu of that you could just not talk to them. I do not recall any part of the story where they approach you. You have to go talk to them. And you only have to talk to them when advancing Slaverun quests. Which it sounds like you have no interest in.

Yeah, I feel the same way about aroused. When you talk about factions, are you referring to some quest-alias that actors in an enslaved town gets added to? In my testing of OSLAroused I've never had any issues, but with the way it turned out for Slaverun I'm wondering if it was really only working for the PC. It feels like other actors were only initialized after i manually checked their aroused values with the key-binding.

Sorry for spamming the thread with questions, but while investigating my aroused issue I realized that slaverun had enslaved exactly 0 people, even after 8 ingame days of whiterun becoming slaverun. I'm wondering if this is due to my outfit theme (I belive I have the vanilla/strong-willed one), or if this is intended? How does the mod decide which female NPC's are enslaved and when? Does this happen in the background or only when I'm nearby?

Cheers

Edited by tallman
Grammar, question
22 hours ago, kaxat said:

Are you talking about OSL Aroused or OAroused? OSL Aroused attempts to be a dropin replacement for SexLab aroused. While OAroused is for the Ostim framework and not SexLab. Unfortunately I don't believe OSL Aroused has yet implemented faction updates for mods like Reloaded. I just asked the mod author here:

Suprised to hear you say that there are compatibility issues between this and OSL Aroused. Never played this mod without using OSL Aroused and it never feels like there has been an issue with this. Maybe there are parts of it that does not work? Cerintaly not something I feel in my playthroughs. Would like to hear exactly what issues you'd expect me to experience when using OSL Aroused.

I switched to OSL Aroused immediately when I learned just how much faster it is and never looked back.

Edited by leakim

@tallman SL Aroused has 2 ways to check arousal level. One is a function called something like GetArousal(). The other is a faction it adds to every NPC called Arousal. If an NPC had 50 arousal then GetArousal would return 50 and so too would their Arousal faction rank be 50. You can check either. Notably dialogue and alias conditions can only check faction ranks. They can not call custom Papyrus functions.

The old Arousal mod would periodically update arousal levels. By default every 120 seconds. OSLA does not do periodic updates. Instead it waits until something calls a function like GetArousal() and then it updates the faction ranks. So when you started checking NPC arousal levels OSLA started updating those specific actors. And now Slaverun could find horny actors. Of course until they get checked again their arousal level won't change. So those actors are likely going to stay horny. This is the working theory at least. Its based on your symptoms, the quote from the OSLA author in the linked thread, and OSLAs documentation.

The solution is to have a mod that regularly checks actors arousal levels using GetArousal(). Or preferably using the native OSLA functions. This updates all of the actors. So all legacy mods and dialogue can now detect arousal. Hence why the Arousal widget is a work around. It regularly checks arousal of nearby actors. Each time it does OSLA updates their faction rank. @leakim I bet you have other mods that check arousal levels and thus help keeps OSLA updating factions. It does not need to be the widget mod. There are likely lots of mods that periodically check nearby arousal.

9 hours ago, tallman said:

Sorry for spamming the thread with questions, but while investigating my aroused issue I realized that slaverun had enslaved exactly 0 people, even after 8 ingame days of whiterun becoming slaverun. I'm wondering if this is due to my outfit theme (I belive I have the vanilla/strong-willed one), or if this is intended? How does the mod decide which female NPC's are enslaved and when? Does this happen in the background or only when I'm nearby?

That could be a settings issue in the MCM. Women will only be auto enslaved if stripping is enabled and the body slot (32) is one of the slots that get stripped. Women will be checked for stripping every enforcer run. By default every 20 seconds the enforcer runs through its routine. So I would go to Whiterun and play around with your MCM settings there. Wait for an enforcer run. You can check your console to see if an enforcer run has happened. If no women are getting stripped then you might share your Papyrus logs. In particular the SESDetailed log file could be illuminating.

1 hour ago, kaxat said:

@tallman SL Aroused has 2 ways to check arousal level. One is a function called something like GetArousal(). The other is a faction it adds to every NPC called Arousal. If an NPC had 50 arousal then GetArousal would return 50 and so too would their Arousal faction rank be 50. You can check either. Notably dialogue and alias conditions can only check faction ranks. They can not call custom Papyrus functions.

The old Arousal mod would periodically update arousal levels. By default every 120 seconds. OSLA does not do periodic updates. Instead it waits until something calls a function like GetArousal() and then it updates the faction ranks. So when you started checking NPC arousal levels OSLA started updating those specific actors. And now Slaverun could find horny actors. Of course until they get checked again their arousal level won't change. So those actors are likely going to stay horny. This is the working theory at least. Its based on your symptoms, the quote from the OSLA author in the linked thread, and OSLAs documentation.

The solution is to have a mod that regularly checks actors arousal levels using GetArousal(). Or preferably using the native OSLA functions. This updates all of the actors. So all legacy mods and dialogue can now detect arousal. Hence why the Arousal widget is a work around. It regularly checks arousal of nearby actors. Each time it does OSLA updates their faction rank. @leakim I bet you have other mods that check arousal levels and thus help keeps OSLA updating factions. It does not need to be the widget mod. There are likely lots of mods that periodically check nearby arousal.

That could be a settings issue in the MCM. Women will only be auto enslaved if stripping is enabled and the body slot (32) is one of the slots that get stripped. Women will be checked for stripping every enforcer run. By default every 20 seconds the enforcer runs through its routine. So I would go to Whiterun and play around with your MCM settings there. Wait for an enforcer run. You can check your console to see if an enforcer run has happened. If no women are getting stripped then you might share your Papyrus logs. In particular the SESDetailed log file could be illuminating.

Thanks a lot, that's really helpful. I think I'm going back to a script based arousal mod for the time being, and updating once OSLAroused adds the previously mentioned compatibility. As for no one being enslaved yet I think you're right that's probably my settings. I've wanted it to be like my PC can wear clothes while being free but slaves should be wearing devices, I think inadvertently I've turned the NPC slavery-making loop off in trying to make that happen alongside the default outfit theme.

@tallman  I might backport my OSLA code to v1.0.5 of this mod.

I have contemplated building an external mod that regularly updates all nearby NPCs. This would give OSLA broad compatibility. If you have PO3 installed the bulk of the work boils down to literally 2 lines of code. First uses PO3_SKSEFunctions.GetActorsByProcessingLevel() to get a list of loaded actors. Second uses OSLArousedNative.GetArousalMultiple() to update the faction rank for all of those actors. Simple and fast. But this will undo some of the performance benefits from OSLA. It is still far more performant than what it replaced. But now we are updating the Arousal rank of actors who might never have their arousal levels used by another mod. Say you are in combat in the wilderness. Even those soon-to-be-dead bandits now have arousal levels attached to them. Whereas if OSLA had its way only actors whose arousal might be relevant will get updated.

So instead I might create an SES specific patch. SES only cares about male arousal. And only males who live in cities. By backporting my v2 code I will cause OSLA to only update male actors in cities. While ignoring everyone else.

16 hours ago, kaxat said:

@tallman  I might backport my OSLA code to v1.0.5 of this mod.

I have contemplated building an external mod that regularly updates all nearby NPCs. This would give OSLA broad compatibility. If you have PO3 installed the bulk of the work boils down to literally 2 lines of code. First uses PO3_SKSEFunctions.GetActorsByProcessingLevel() to get a list of loaded actors. Second uses OSLArousedNative.GetArousalMultiple() to update the faction rank for all of those actors. Simple and fast. But this will undo some of the performance benefits from OSLA. It is still far more performant than what it replaced. But now we are updating the Arousal rank of actors who might never have their arousal levels used by another mod. Say you are in combat in the wilderness. Even those soon-to-be-dead bandits now have arousal levels attached to them. Whereas if OSLA had its way only actors whose arousal might be relevant will get updated.

So instead I might create an SES specific patch. SES only cares about male arousal. And only males who live in cities. By backporting my v2 code I will cause OSLA to only update male actors in cities. While ignoring everyone else.

That seems like a great idea. I've never done any skyrim modding myself, but I think I understand the pertinence of the OSL calls. Maybe it would be a good idea to add the arousal check in the enforcer sex-loop, I've set my enforcer runs down to 15-20 seconds while also reducing the number of NPC's down to 8-12 ish, running arousal checks on the males during these calls might be good. Even better might be as you suggest to run a larger reference call on all males once you load into a city and then  just update the relevant ones that get involved in enforcer sex calls?