Outfit Studio - Can I use the UV -> Edit function to select vertices and modify them in the Editor?

I would like to remove/zap some capes and satchels from nifs, and masking/inverting the vertices via the normal 3D view is very time-consuming (and also sometimes not possible for me, since some vertices are trapped inside the mesh and I can't select them, no matter the brush settings).

This is probably a very dumb question, but can I use the [RightClick Mesh] -> "UV" -> "Vertex Selection" option to select the vertices in the 3D view somehow, and then edit (mask) them? Or is that window only for UV related things? It would make the process 50x faster.

TL.DR.: If you look at the image, can I select the vertices on the right UV window, and modify the vertices on the left?

I am currently learning Blender and Nifskope since this process is probably easier to do in those programs, I was just wondering if there was a hacky way to remove mesh parts quickly in Outfit Studio in the meantime. Thanks!

Spoiler

Outfit Studio.png

Edited by BubbleMan32

u can use tools after vertex alpha brush, those are for making\destr mesh vertices.UV is for adjusting UV vertices to texture.Keep in mind that destroying polygons in the mesh, u remove UV data coordinates of the mesh and they can be wrong at the end. Better to use 3d apps for object manipulations then export them as single meshes. to import after in OS scene 

Using mask brush [then invert] choose delete vertices to remove any selected polygons in the mesh

Depends on the task u want, several solutions are available. 

Edited by RomeoZero

I don't know how much this will help, but I can sometimes move the model around (or flip it) and get to a vertices that way even if it's inside another mesh. But yes.. it is time consuming and takes a lot of trial and error to get right. The masking tool is a clumsy beast to be sure. :classic_tongue:

But unless you know and can enter specific vertices coordinates into a mask, there is no simpler way that I've ever found. BTW- you can "hide" parts of a mesh with transparent textures instead. Not sure if it's easier, but it is another way of doing it.

Edited by KoolHndLuke