Open Club  ·  821 members  ·  Rules

Darkwood Modding Hut

[SSE] Revised Untamed 2 Release Plans

This is a post I just made on Patreon but bringing it here too since I'm not doing any exclusives.

Revised Untamed 2 (SSE+) Release Plans

Pretty convinced that my initial goals were too lofty to ever achieve like actual progress towards release. Not scaling back any of the plans, but instead of waiting until I have all of the super extra fancy stuff I want before Beta, I am going to get the bare basics of the mod working and that will become Alpha releases.

The main reason for this is a bulk of the fancy involves a lot custom animation and oh my god is this slow, difficult, and more creative than I generally am. I would rather not force more waiting for more animations. Double so if someone gets inspired to help lulz.

While I am going to be using the Alpha/Beta terminology the Alphas are not going to just be for the bold. Alpha series will be the framework. Beta series will add all the stuff still holding me back today.

New Goals for New Alpha Series (Alpha 1):

* Basic pack management. Tame the wild animals, any of them, just like original Untamed. Pack members basically operate like normal followers if you recall. This also includes the original shouts like Stay, etc. Also giving them names.

* Bow-chika-wow-wow via the existing SexLab stuff.

* Pretty much all if not actually all of the perks. Already got a good start on the new Perk UI and most of the perks are generic enough that they do not depend on any of the turbo fancy I want. Things like increasing pack size, damage, armour, health, healing, etc.

* Riding wolves, bears, and sabercats. The first Alpha release this might work a little janky as I am not going to work hard on the custom mount up animations right now or else Alpha 1 will never get released either.  So it will work but it might just be weird at first. Like right now dismounting looks stupid but it works. This is something the original UT never had.

* The Gamification of the Untamed XP. The XP system is a bar that fills up. When it is full you can buy a new perk. You get the UXP via the intimate stuff and the pack members being successful in combat. Some of the perks like Thick Hide (free armour while nude) are powered by the XP bar, meaning when you buy a perk, your natural armour will not be as good until you fill that bar back up a bit. Not all the perks are like that though. Just a few that I am convinced add decent game mechanics that I want. The Beta series will expand greatly on ways to earn XP like petting, feeding, playing, and if I get my way, custom intimate system - but that is the animation hell hole I am currently stuck in.

New Goals for Alpha 2, 3, ...

* Fixing whatever yall find fucked in A1.

* Aggro Management like taunt, cower, picking a pack member to passively be a tank.

* Pack members loot corpses. This can be done better than it was in the OG mod lol.

* Pack member leveling. This will probably actually be partially in A1 but it might not have all the bits until 2+.

If you're not around on Discord or Patreon, the things I been talking about forever involve mostly adding systems where you build relationships with the pets (or, consider it, giving you alternatives to do besides fucking when bored). More than the generic follower system the original Untamed was and Alpha will be.

Edited by darkconsole
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Finally found this, i played the initial Untamed years ago and forgot what it was called for a while. I saw your patron post about U2 but doesn't look like there's anything since. Has this dream died? Based on this thread i feel like my wolf pack is now dead, unless i combine taming mods