Where is cherry pie?!

Just wondering if the CC creator is still doing okay, and will they be rolling out new content soon?

For example the cherry pie dick is awesome, but there is no different colors. Also I believe this super talented CC creator can create a better cum mesh, maybe lower the opacity a tad, and shrink one of the ends of mesh bones just a little. Or is that what the animator usually does? I wish I was smart so I could do this myself, I have so many ideas. 

:)

4 hours ago, MrGrey said:

I thought that EA said no permanent paywalls and Patreon said it was a platform for donations, not selling stuff cuz sales taxes, vat and other legal problems.

Oh wait, no one cares. Carry on.

It looks more like the EA made this note for itself to protect itself from all kinds of possible accusations like on the basis of their game horny people doing dirty content or something.

22 hours ago, MrGrey said:

I thought that EA said no permanent paywalls and Patreon said it was a platform for donations, not selling stuff cuz sales taxes, vat and other legal problems.

Oh wait, no one cares. Carry on.

They did - but they aren't going to do anything to enforce it just yet. Seems like the threat is working on most creators though.

From what I understand the new "Kits," you can buy for $6.99 are from CC creators, so maybe EA is trying to find a way to get a cut of all that patreon money by finally paying people. 

For now, nothing bad is going to happen to anyone who keeps their paywalls up. I have zero issue with people wanting to be paid for their work, no one is obligated to share something they made just because we all think it's cool...

Some creators have straight up said they'd delete everything they ever made rather than give it away for free and I guess that's their right. *shrugs* 

3 hours ago, thellama99 said:

They did - but they aren't going to do anything to enforce it just yet. Seems like the threat is working on most creators though.

From what I understand the new "Kits," you can buy for $6.99 are from CC creators, so maybe EA is trying to find a way to get a cut of all that patreon money by finally paying people. 

For now, nothing bad is going to happen to anyone who keeps their paywalls up. I have zero issue with people wanting to be paid for their work, no one is obligated to share something they made just because we all think it's cool...

Some creators have straight up said they'd delete everything they ever made rather than give it away for free and I guess that's their right. *shrugs* 

I guess. But EA didn't agree to give it away for free - they had terms.

It's hypocritical to reject the deal that EA offered (you can use their IP if you don't put it behind a forever paywall) and take their IP for free and then guard your own IP for terms. 

On 9/23/2022 at 8:38 AM, MrGrey said:

I guess. But EA didn't agree to give it away for free - they had terms.

It's hypocritical to reject the deal that EA offered (you can use their IP if you don't put it behind a forever paywall) and take their IP for free and then guard your own IP for terms. 

I can see how it could be seen as unethical to take someone elses intellectual property, and modify it, and make a bunch of money.

But it seems really simple to me... 

1. Are CC creators in competition with EA/The Sims brand? Do they siphon money away from EA, it's shareholders, employees, etc, that would have otherwise gone to EA directly (and the answer is no. Someone subbing a Patreon to buy some hairstyles EA hasn't made doesn't take a penny out of their pocket)

2. Are the CC creators damaging, maligning, disparaging, or de-valuing the brand in any way? And again the answer is no - infact CC creators filled a lot of gaps that EA has had and EA has relied on them to do so. The fact that the best plug earrings ever made for Sims 4 are from UNerd and EA only ever added their own after UN left the modding scene and stopped updating/making their CC is pretty telling.

3. EA is a billion dollar company that has frequently been the subject of scrutiny for the way it treats it's employees. I think comparing the IP of a multi-national company and giving it "personhood," and then comparing it to some CC creator in the Ukraine is not really something that makes sense. "EA" in this instance protecting it's IP are shareholders who did zero work to create any of the content - those employees have already been long paid and are never receiving another dime for their work. 

I think that people like Praline are saints. The fact they have released that much CC for free is... just beyond generous. But that was their choice to do so. It doesn't mean that someone else who's put effort into making CC also has to give their creations away for free too. I'm sure there are lots of people who learned how to use Blender, etc, because they saw an opportunity to make cash in the Sims community... 

But what's the problem? Don't pay them and make the CC yourself. And if it's about protecting EA's IP well then that's just ridiculous to me because no one should feel sorry for a company that's video game costs like $700 to buy in full. 

1. EA's brand. EA's IP. Can't argue that you're taking away money from EA and then complain that EA is taking money from modders.

2. The Sims 4 is rated Teen. Many mods change the rating to adult or M. That's the whole reason EA did the crack down.

3. Stealing from the rich to reward yourself doesn't make you Robin Hood.

4. Violating Patreon's terms to sell content ? Really? That will get Patreon into a lot of trouble with governments that want to collect VAT/Sales tax.

5 hours ago, MrGrey said:

4. Violating Patreon's terms to sell content ? Really? That will get Patreon into a lot of trouble with governments that want to collect VAT/Sales tax.

This is not a violation of Patreon since selling is... What this platform is for, somewhat. Patreon automatically take away VAT/Sales taxes and some fees for themselves. Patreon is literally a busisness, that gain money from the creators, and those creators gain money from donations and support. Also the sims creators are less than 1% among all others creators from Patreon. If you think Patreon will get in trouble for a bunch of paywall CC, then you are in total desillusion. 

Also you seems to think that EA and Creators are enemies, while they aren't. EA encourage creators and even talk with them. heck, they even promote them on twitch even if they are paywalling. You can argue anything you want it's irrelevant since those terms aren't made to harm creators, it's not the purpose.

Edited by Khlas
23 hours ago, thellama99 said:

2. Are the CC creators damaging, maligning, disparaging, or de-valuing the brand in any way?

the answer to that is YES.

it's getting harder and harder to find free adult content to download more and more creators are going full paywall they claim they release their stuff on here from their paywalls but it might be once in 3 months they will do that if they do it at all ) the sims community has become one of the worst paywall societies in the history of video games! every tom dick and harry has a patreon account now just because they figured out how to change a picture on a painting or add a few lines to a skin and call it CLOTHING oh i need moniez for that!

Edited by Turlaxe
33 minutes ago, Turlaxe said:

the answer to that is YES.

it's getting harder and harder to find free adult content to download more and more creators are going full paywall they claim they release their stuff on here from their paywalls but it might be once in 3 months they will do that if they do it at all ) the sims community has become one of the worst paywall societies in the history of video games! every tom dick and harry has a patreon account now just because they figured out how to change a picture on a painting or add a few lines to a skin and call it CLOTHING oh i need moniez for that!

If every Tom, Dick, and Harry is doing it then why aren't you? Why aren't I? Because Blender is a bitch to use. Because it takes time, and energy, and inspiration and most of us can't be bothered.

I will never wrap my head around how people feel entitled to the CC of others. It's like if I cooked a nice dinner for me and some friends and a stranger walked by and said, "That looks and smells good, make me a plate for free." 

The people who make CC owe you *nothing* - For some of them if they weren't getting paid they wouldn't be making the CC at all. If adult content is getting harder to find that isn't anyone's fault but EA - who has relied on content creators free labour for years to fill in all of the gaps in their games.

On 9/25/2022 at 11:48 PM, Khlas said:

This is not a violation of Patreon since selling is... What this platform is for, somewhat. Patreon automatically take away VAT/Sales taxes and some fees for themselves. Patreon is literally a busisness, that gain money from the creators, and those creators gain money from donations and support. Also the sims creators are less than 1% among all others creators from Patreon. If you think Patreon will get in trouble for a bunch of paywall CC, then you are in total desillusion. 

Also you seems to think that EA and Creators are enemies, while they aren't. EA encourage creators and even talk with them. heck, they even promote them on twitch even if they are paywalling. You can argue anything you want it's irrelevant since those terms aren't made to harm creators, it's not the purpose.

Selling it violates EA's terms.

Not putting it on a sales page violates State and national laws, and Patreon's terms.

You can't have it both ways like Schrodinger's cat: sold and not sold.

And if EA doesn't defend their IP, they lose the rights to it.

Edited by MrGrey
2 hours ago, MrGrey said:

Selling it violates EA's terms.

Not putting it on a sales page violates State and national laws, and Patreon's terms.

You can't have it both ways like Schrodinger's cat: sold and not sold.

And if EA doesn't defend their IP, they lose the rights to it.

you need to think outside of terms because life isn’t working like that, else lawyers wouldn’t be needed.

I personally think this debate is pointless. Most of people complaining are pirates themselves that don’t even care about those laws at first glance, defending a cause they are part of that is already illegal since they pirate the entire game themselves. And yet they complain about it paywalling content because boohoo either they can’t wait the end of a early access or they just can’t ignore a paywall content they can’t create themselves.

This has a name and It’s called hypocrisy. At the end of the day, those pirates will still pirates things so who cares? They should be thankful that the creations exists. They take time to be done, sometimes even more than what you think.

If an artist/creator can be paid for its content and if the content has passion I think it’s deserved. And your opinion or whatever will not and never change that.

Edited by Khlas
1 hour ago, Khlas said:

you need to think outside of terms because life isn’t working like that, else lawyers wouldn’t be needed.

I personally think this debate is pointless. Most of people complaining are pirates themselves that don’t even care about those laws at first glance, defending a cause they are part of that is already illegal since they pirate the entire game themselves. And yet they complain about it paywalling content because boohoo either they can’t wait the end of a early access or they just can’t ignore a paywall content they can’t create themselves.

This has a name and It’s called hypocrisy. At the end of the day, those pirates will still pirates things so who cares? They should be thankful that the creations exists. They take time to be done, sometimes even more than what you think.

If an artist/creator can be paid for its content and if the content has passion I think it’s deserved. And your opinion or whatever will not and never change that.

I've pointed out that if it is a benefit to Patreon supporters and is behind a permanent paywall, it violates EA's Terms.

If it is sold then again it violates EA's terms as well as many state and national sales tax/VATs laws and Patreon's own terms. You can sell stuff on Patreon, but that's on a separate page where they collect sales tax and abide by the law. Also if it is sold there are implied warranties and other contract law issues to protect the rights of the buyer. 

You're right, I can't convince you or anyone else that breaking the law or violating contracts is bad.

21 hours ago, Khlas said:

LOL I never thought about that! I bet a lot of people who complain when they save their sims to the gallery its under the name anadius or whatever! LOL.