Inappropriate unlock mod doesn't work

so I downloaded the inappropriate unlock mod so my teen sims can have sex and i did everything i needed to do and gave all my teen sims the post puberty attribute, it worked when i played once but now it doesnt work at all and doesnt give them the wicked option at all. I tried to redownload the mod and remove the attribute and give it to them again yet it doesnt work at all, please help?

On 9/17/2022 at 2:45 AM, jade1352 said:

so I downloaded the inappropriate unlock mod so my teen sims can have sex and i did everything i needed to do and gave all my teen sims the post puberty attribute, it worked when i played once but now it doesnt work at all and doesnt give them the wicked option at all. I tried to redownload the mod and remove the attribute and give it to them again yet it doesnt work at all, please help?

There's 3 things i've seen effect this: 

1. The Inappropriate Unlock mod. If you've downloaded an up to date version then -->

2. Give the sims (and maybe use the option to give ALL sims) the post puberty trait

3. There is a setting in WW - Click on your sim, Wicked Whims -> Settings -> Sex Settings ->Sex Relationship Settings->Teens is one of the choices in this section

That should fix it for you tbh. If people aren't having sex then it's likely a different setting (IE: You don't have sex interactions turned on for anyone of any age; or various other issues.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can't replicate

Didn't read this bit?

Spoiler

How to use this mod?

Teen Sex; Wicked -> Settings -> Sex Settings -> Sex Relationship Settings.

High School Years Teen Sex; Wicked -> Personalization -> Wicked Attributes -> Post Puberty.

Teen-Adult Sex; Wicked -> Settings -> Relationship Settings -> Relationship Utilities.

Incest; Wicked -> Settings -> Relationship Settings -> Relationship Utilities.

Spoiler

513347389_Screenshot(26).png.fc685857d2eb00302cc961aa94917e00.png2059346027_Screenshot(27).png.1748fbead40b117dd170228e148e9da2.png1962484401_Screenshot(28).png.ee714081e237a91ca683acd3dccbcde1.png

Don't know what some of you are doing that your games break in such way

Edit: Double checked. Defo can give her the "Vitamin D" support.

Spoiler

202485535_Screenshot(29).png.023cec1a25cd12ae06920149a2b4919b.png2059820402_Screenshot(30).png.a8c027a3106574f05eabefac007aa530.png1070645620_Screenshot(31).png.094b94a905b77dde7da77e4602d5dc32.png

Edited by KittcatJ
  • 2 months later...
On 12/25/2022 at 5:54 AM, KittcatJ said:

Can't replicate

Didn't read this bit?

Reveal hidden contents

How to use this mod?

Teen Sex; Wicked -> Settings -> Sex Settings -> Sex Relationship Settings.

High School Years Teen Sex; Wicked -> Personalization -> Wicked Attributes -> Post Puberty.

Teen-Adult Sex; Wicked -> Settings -> Relationship Settings -> Relationship Utilities.

Incest; Wicked -> Settings -> Relationship Settings -> Relationship Utilities.

Reveal hidden contents

513347389_Screenshot(26).png.fc685857d2eb00302cc961aa94917e00.png2059346027_Screenshot(27).png.1748fbead40b117dd170228e148e9da2.png1962484401_Screenshot(28).png.ee714081e237a91ca683acd3dccbcde1.png

Don't know what some of you are doing that your games break in such way

Edit: Double checked. Defo can give her the "Vitamin D" support.

Reveal hidden contents

202485535_Screenshot(29).png.023cec1a25cd12ae06920149a2b4919b.png2059820402_Screenshot(30).png.a8c027a3106574f05eabefac007aa530.png1070645620_Screenshot(31).png.094b94a905b77dde7da77e4602d5dc32.png

followed the same steps, doesnt work. 

Well, someone should know something or actually help us. I know that I am in the same boat with everyone on clicking the exact settings that are shown - and even without High School years - and it's not working. I even have modified relationships and still nothing. Unless it's interfering with another mod, I'm not sure what's wrong. 

P.S. And yes, WW is downloaded and all the correct settings which were spelled out are checked. 

On 3/19/2023 at 6:30 PM, Littleashes said:

Same here ?

On 3/27/2023 at 12:03 AM, JesseMichaels said:

Well, someone should know something or actually help us. I know that I am in the same boat with everyone on clicking the exact settings that are shown - and even without High School years - and it's not working. I even have modified relationships and still nothing. Unless it's interfering with another mod, I'm not sure what's wrong. 

P.S. And yes, WW is downloaded and all the correct settings which were spelled out are checked. 

On 3/27/2023 at 12:07 AM, briarknit said:

Im having a similar issue where there are no romance options showing up even with the teen options enabled in WWIU

On 3/27/2023 at 1:18 AM, beepboop2020 said:

I'm having the same issue. WW worked just fine on my Sims game, downloaded Inappropriate Unlock, and now WW doesn't show up at all in my game.

All I did was download the Unlock and throw it in my mods folder. It wasn't supposed to be IN the WW folder, right?

10 hours ago, aegirlie95 said:

I am having the same issue. I have removed every mod except WW and IU, they don't work. I can not get the teen option to show. Someone please help!!!!! It worked just fine until growing together came out. 

I tested it AGAIN in my game (just to see if something suddenly had changed). It works perfectly fine, both adult-teen relations and relationships between family members of all kinds, father, daughter, son, sister, brother, no matter what age. That means, you all are missing something:

Here, adult and teen, no family relationship:

321740929_Screenshot2023-03-28225556.png.4ca888ec80bdce771d928745595726ed.png

Here relationship between 2 sisters: 

1204715859_Screenshot2023-03-28230304.png.d94e041eaa3ebad9ecc76d09ace06601.png

Here, relationship between mother and daughter, one of them young adult, the other a teen:

1294038863_Screenshot2023-03-28230440.png.4a74351cc840c9be0ce0bab222c5c493.png

So if properly installed, and without incompatible mods, IT WORKS PERFECTLY FINE. 

What do you need for this to work?:

1- Double check again that wicked whims is properly installed and you have the most updated version that works for your game version. 

2- Make sure you have not edited or "batch patched" wicked whims files by mistake, for example with sims 4 studio. In that case, or if you are not sure, DELETE WICKED WHIMS AND DOWNLOAD AGAIN from official website (not other places). The same goes for the Inappropriate Unlock. 

2- Double check again that you do not have wonderful whims installed together with wicked whims.

3- Double check again that you do not have duplicates of older versions of wicked whims installed. 

Number 2 and 3 are common mistakes for example after you update your wicked whims. Number 2 and 3 are also common problems if you, for example, have files from wicked whims or wonderful whims included in sims you have downloaded, big merged packages, or simply located somewhere else inside your mods folder, for example in a different sub-folder together with your custom content. 

4- Make sure you do not have incompatible mods (for example sims4community library or any mod depending on it, Devious Desires, wicked pets, and that kind of stuff). If you do, you have to remove them for wicked whims to work properly. If you do not remove them wicked whims is not going to work, no matter what you do. Look also in merged packages, sims you have downloaded or in a different subfolder with other mod or custom content. 

5- Make sure again that you do not have outdated mods that could be conflicting with wicked whims. 

6- Install "Inappropriate Unlock " mod. Put it together with wicked whims, in the same folder. 

7- If you have tweaked the settings like crazy lately, reset the setting to default. 

8- Follow the steps explained in "inappropriate unlock" mod. Tweak the wicked whims setting EXACTLY as it is detailed there, and i post here, AND DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE:

71649442_Screenshot2023-03-28230719.png.aa09a24cae3b678f78696ac08dde7bdc.png

That means that, to allow teens to participate in sexual activities and allow romantic relationships with older sims, you have to allow teen sex in sex relationship settings, and teen-adult sex in relationship utilities. If you DO NOT own "high school expansion" pack you DO NOT have to do anything else. If you own high school pack then you ALSO have to give the teens the trait "post-puberty", you do that clicking on a sim and giving the trait. 

If you ALSO want to allow relationships between family members you have to ALSO give all sims you want to participate the wicked trait "Incest". You do it here:

1387310512_Screenshot2023-03-28225658.png.4f86fc203c8f51140eb7f25c8a1c4a4f.png

Now, If you actually have done ALL that and it does not work, what can you do?

1- Make sure sims 4 and wicked whims ARE NOT installed in cloud storage (google drive, dropbox...). If it is, uninstall and reinstall in a "normal" drive.

2- Make sure again that your sims 4 is updated to the latest version. If not, update. 

3- Rename your mods folder to something else.

4- Create a new mods folder, EMPTY

5- Download AGAIN the latest version of wicked whims compatible with your game version, FROM THE OFICIAL WEB PAGE. If you have sims 4 legacy version make sure you download wicked whims legacy version. Install the mod MANUALLY, do not use a mod manager. 

6- UNZIP the downloaded wicked whims. Select the scrip file and the package file inside the unziped folder. Select "COPY" or the equivalent in your op. system.  

7- Open the empty mods folder. Right click and "PASTE" (or the equivalent in your op. system) the script file and the package file from wicked whims mod right inside that new mods folder, NO SUBFOLDERS. Check that both files are there, and there is nothing else inside the folder. 

8- Put inappropriate unlock mod together with wicked whims. At this point there should be ONLY 3 files in total in your mods folder. 

9- Put a couple animation packs inside that new mods folder. 

10- Clear the cache files (avatarcache and localthumbcache files, located in sims 4 folder)

11- Do a game repair.

12- Do not put ANYTHING ELSE inside that new mods folder. That mean NO CC and NO OTHER MOD OF ANY KIND.

13- Start your game

14- Start a NEW GAME, with a NEW SIM or sims

15- Tweak the wicked whims setting EXACTLY as explained above, AND give all the sims you want the necessary traits.

16- Enjoy everything working as intended.

Now, if it worked now but it did not worked when you tried before in your old mods folder, chances are that you missed incompatible mods, duplicates, or your download and installation of wicked whims was not right for some reason. Now that you have it working you can try adding our mods back into that new mods folder, one by one or following the 50/50 method, until you add something that again breaks it. Then check what it could be AND REMOVE IT.  

If for any obscure reason it does not work either after following all the above steps there are only 2 explanations:

1- You did not follow the instructions because you think it is not necessary or it is too much effort: SOLUTION: This time, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

2- You have a pirate copy of sims 4: SOLUTION: Buy a legal copy of sims 4, otherwise it is not going to work well. 

If by any chance  you are not in either of those situations, please, upload a wickedwhimsinfolog.log file (located in your sims 4 folder) and any recent lastexception file you have here, and we will be more than happy to take a look and find a solution for you. 

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos

So, I did find a solution to my problem. It might help all you guys, too, who are having a similar problem as I have. All you need to do is re-download the newest version of Wicked Whims - the one that was updated on the 24th of March (and I don't have Growing Together). All I did was took out both WW and the Inappropriate Lock and then re-downloaded WW and then the Inappropriate Lock again and now it works just fine. So, give it a try.

And beepboop - Nope. It doesn't have to be in the WW folder. Just drop it in the mods folder and you'll be golden.

Edited by JesseMichaels
Needed to add something
56 minutes ago, JesseMichaels said:

So, I did find a solution to my problem. It might help all you guys, too, who are having a similar problem as I have. All you need to do is re-download the newest version of Wicked Whims - the one that was updated on the 24th of March (and I don't have Growing Together). All I did was took out both WW and the Inappropriate Lock and then re-downloaded WW and then the Inappropriate Lock again and now it works just fine. So, give it a try.

And beepboop - Nope. It doesn't have to be in the WW folder. Just drop it in the mods folder and you'll be golden.

Meaning you had an outdated version of ww before or you had edited ww files somehow by mistake, which are steps 1 and 2 on the list...

9 hours ago, LittleRedSonja said:

1- Double check again that wicked whims is properly installed and you have the most updated version that works for your game version. 

2- Make sure you have not edited or "batch patched" wicked whims files by mistake, for example with sims 4 studio. In that case, or if you are not sure, DELETE WICKED WHIMS AND DOWNLOAD AGAIN from official website (not other places). The same goes for the Inappropriate Unlock. 

Good that you have found the solution. Enjoy the game ? 

On 3/29/2023 at 3:02 AM, LittleRedSonja said:

Meaning you had an outdated version of ww before or you had edited ww files somehow by mistake, which are steps 1 and 2 on the list...

Good that you have found the solution. Enjoy the game ? 

I tried it and it worked for me too. Mine also wasn't outdated and I even checked to make sure the files weren't edited. For some reason, the unlock just didn't like that WW was already there or something. Either way, it works now. Thanks for the more detailed intructions!

I can confirm after much play testing that the issue is being caused by the relationship and pregnancy overhaul Mod by Lumpinou. I took out all of my mods and added them back in one by one and this one was the one that caused the issue even though I have the most up to date version installed.