View File

So here is the official LL download thread for my companion girls.

Important: This is a standalone mod! It doesn't require to have the Evy race installed to work in your game, all the needed files are included! The mod is using an implemented copy of the 'Evy Fenbo' variant. It has been edited to get rid of Evy's rather overpowered and detrimental race-specific abilities. As it has been made playable to avoid any possible issues, this mod will add a (nerfed) copy of this particular Evy race variant to your race menu. But only a very limited selection of hair and eyes is available to it. If you want to use the race as an alternative to the full Evy race, you can always add more hairstyles and eyes in the CS.

These girls - actually sisters - are Ninja-type characters. Both are already level 50, strong and capable allies who can save your butt from any tight spot you may find yourself in, be it Daedra attacks or burly bandits trying to rob you blind.

They'll also gladly fend off the Adoring Fan!

First we have 'Laika', archer class. Nineteen years old but already well versed and very experienced in the art of archery.

Calm and clever. Many people are wondering how she can even draw her bow with that fine rack of hers...

Her younger sister 'Miyu', warrior class, is eighteen years old but has been trained in the use of dual swords from her earliest childhood on. Fun-loving and bubbly, the more outgoing one of the pair. But in battle she'll fiercely attack any enemy with skillful dual-wielding swordplay.

The girls come (oh yeah) with their outfits from the pictures above included! DMRA-sized goodness, fully BBB-enabled! Powerful and pretty weapons! You sure can give them any equipment you like, maybe even keep L & M's stuff for your player character, but they have been created with these clothes in mind, tailor-made to wear these specific outfits (collar and scarf for example to hide away the race's weak point, the colour difference between neck and body skin tone, I didn't bother messing with their skin textures).

Only requirement is naturally 'CM Partners'. Considering the myriad of CM companion mods out there, you sure have got this system installed. If not, get it from that site.

One tiny issue with the girls: A high disposition to the player makes them smile at you like braindead buffoons. Modifying their disposition via a console command didn't work for me, I'm using a facial animation mod instead. Lowering their disposition with a few punches or maybe stealing something from them might work as well. Or just let them smile your worries away... :D

Another thing worth mentioning is the girls' shiny skin - 1000 glossiness shiny, that is. Especially hot when they're naked. C'mon, undress 'em!

Credits and thanks to the following people whose work has been used as resources for this mod:

- Iacon1 for creating the Evy race

- SleepyD and Alex300001 for their edits to the race

- Blackie and Dan Sch for the CM Partners mod

The equipment's meshes and textures, some of them edited by myself, were created by the following people:

- 9hao

- Aridale Noblebrook Belmont, DMRA conversion by Thorazine

- Arynn, DMRA conversion by Patzy

- Nicoroshi

- VagabondAngel & Floydian1

Dunno who made the mesh for Miyu's scarf, sorry. Could probably be KrimsynKane & Kikaimegami.

This item might just be a retextured version of their scarf used in 'Elsweyr - The Deserts of Anequina'.

I also don't know who made the 'Prince of Persia II' sword rip. Any hints are welcome.

Very special thanks to Kimict and GingerTom for playtesting the mod!

UPDATE 04-07-2013: So much for the mod being the 'final' version... I have added an edited new esp in which I changed the girls' spell lists. After some users' complaints about Laika and Miyu using idiotic spells like conjuring bound weapons and invisibility, I found the girls had leveled spell packages at their disposal that included all kinds of spells from many different magic schools.

Now I have deleted these compilations from L & M's spell lists and gave the girls a very limited assortment of spells that truly reflect their classes and support their fighting style. Mostly attribute buffing spells - greater fortify speed and agility in the case of Laika, greater fortify speed, strength and endurance for Miyu. And then both have one unique special spell to facilitate combat: Laika can disintegrate enemies' weapons, Miyu can paralyze assailants. This magic overhaul should increase the companions' combat effectivity and get rid of the girls' habit of casting pointess spells all the time.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/26/2013
  • Category
  • Requires
    'CM Partners' by Cutthroat Mods/Blackie

Guest Spikes

Excellent girls, bit too badass in quests, ripping everything apart more like their own complete race and ways  :shy:

Love them and their crazy smiles, it gives them character ,least for me. Have yet to give them a complete story, where they're from with that ninja style they got why they choose to follow my char or think in their fun crazy head all in all fav companion girls, with vilja. They love to tease her  :blush: .

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Just wanted to let you know these two are still being used and appreciated.

Actually, these two have been more entertaining that any other followers I've had in oblivion or skyrim.

Is there something going on between these two behind my back? I hear the zing of Laika's bow, turn around and Miyu's got an arrow somewhere in her body, no enemies seen.

Did you pick Miyu's name as a nod to Hoshino?

Anyhow, I think there smiles are infectous!

Thanks much!!!

It's great to hear the girls are being appreciated. They still have a special place in my heart so to speak. Thank you very much for your post, Beeknee!

The inspiration for Miyu's name actually comes from this Manga/Anime.

There are several analogies to that character: Running around barefooted, companion's name sounds very similar (even though that one is male).

It's true, some weird effects can happen around the girls. This is because of the routines from the 'CM Partners' mod which makes companions practice their combat and magic skills. Luckily they can't harm each other during practice sessions. Otherwise all hell might break loose if the same system was in effect that makes NPCs attack the player after hitting them a few times by mistake.

I had considered making a non-CM version of the mod, but I never followed through with this plan. Now that I am currently working on a large-scale NPC mod I thought of implementing revamped versions of the sisters into this plugin instead! They will be using altered new versions of their iconic outfits and all-new weapons. In general that mod will feature quite a lot of my long-standing characters as well as many other NPCs never seen before. All of them can be recruited as companions, for example with 'Mad Companionship Spells'.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the companions Poontank. I have a couple of questions though.

Is the Evy race included in this mod the same as the one here? http://www.loverslab.com/topic/2976-evyrace-informal-indie-replacer-14omod-update/

If so, should I use your esp instead of the one for that mod? Or should I use both esps and load your altered magic one last for the magic changes?

Also, was wondering about your mention of gloss. Did you alter the gloss on this?

Poontank is no more here at LL :(

Have you read

Important: This is a standalone mod! It doesn't require to have the Evy race installed to work in your game, all the needed files are included! The mod is using an implemented copy of the 'Evy Fenbo' variant. It has been edited to get rid of Evy's rather overpowered and detrimental race-specific abilities. As it has been made playable to avoid any possible issues, this mod will add a (nerfed) copy of this particular Evy race variant to your race menu. But only a very limited selection of hair and eyes is available to it. If you want to use the race as an alternative to the full Evy race, you can always add more hairstyles and eyes in the CS.

And you use only one esp, the one from the base Mod or the one with the magic changes.

The clothes, body, armor meshes in this Mod have glossiness 1000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other Evy race Mod http://www.loverslab.com/topic/2976-evyrace-informal-indie-replacer-14omod-update/

No that is a different and older Mod, but also a Evy race, so very similar appearance.

Not sure if the Mod use the same folders as Poontanks Evy race Mod ( conflict with overwriting files). Simply check the folders from both Mods ( unpack both in separate empty folders and check meshes and textures folders. If they use the same folder better use only one Mod )

But why you need/want two playable Evy races ?

If you want a playable Evy race you can choose which Mod you want to use.

If you want a playable Evy race AND Evy race companions you use Poontanks Mod.

I'm pretty sure Poontank's mod only adds the companions I don't think it has a playable race as I never saw any playable race and I was using the EVYrace informal Indie Replacer 1.4.omod update at the same time as I was using this mod. Unless they added it later as I still have their first one that they released.

Read post 1

And I checked the esp ( the one with the magic changes)  the race is playable.

Poontank is no more here at LL :(

Have you read

And you use only one esp, the one from the base Mod or the one with the magic changes.

The clothes, body, armor meshes in this Mod have glossiness 1000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other Evy race Mod http://www.loverslab.com/topic/2976-evyrace-informal-indie-replacer-14omod-update/

No that is a different and older Mod, but also a Evy race, so very similar appearance.

Not sure if the Mod use the same folders as Poontanks Evy race Mod ( conflict with overwriting files). Simply check the folders from both Mods ( unpack both in separate empty folders and check meshes and textures folders. If they use the same folder better use only one Mod )

But why you need/want two playable Evy races ?

If you want a playable Evy race you can choose which Mod you want to use.

If you want a playable Evy race AND Evy race companions you use Poontanks Mod.

Ah, didn't know if Tank was still around. I asked about the esps because I wasn't completely clear on whether this mod made Evy playable (I know now that it does after re-reading) or just added companions using the race and my googling led to a screenshot on nexus of a version that looked different from the screenshots on this one. Also, I was wondering if using the other esp and loading it after this one would give access to all the beauty options.

I already compared the file paths in this mod and it matches the structure of the mod I linked for the Evy race assets, which made me curious about the two possibly being the same.

Thanks for all the info.

BTW this is the SS I referred to

All races ( also Poontanks) use the body you have installed. If your body has no gloss then the Evy race has no gloss body when naked.

But the evy head and ears have gloss.

And in Poontanks Mod the skin of armor-clothes meshes have gloss.

Simply open the meshes with NifSkope and set all skin NiMaterialProperty  to 10 ( or the value you use )

In Poontanks Mod the Head, ear and the armor-clothes nif files, then you have a Evy race without gloss.

In other Evy Mods are no clothes ( only headdress, Headbands) so you must only check the head and ear nif files.

Send me a PM if you have problems.

I have the original one I never bothered getting the magic fixed one as it never bothered me.

You can also use glossmax by unknown it has a .ini file you just change it's number to what you want save it then drag and drop all of the armor pieces onto it's screen at one time to mass ungloss to the nasty bland look. It can be used on both bodies and armor/outfits. http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/41213/? Only thing it doesn't work on heads as something is done differently with them that results in it not working and you have to do them manually and the other one is if the body pars don't have the word skin for the NiMaterialProperty.

• 6 years later...