IMPORTANT: Changes to Downloads

Ok, i can do that. And then what? Link to my screenshots are always changing. Look into my armor thread. I updated the links in discussion thread a couple of hours ago, and they're gone again.

That link i posted in my previous post is not working anymore, and the screenshot that was accessible with it has a different link now:

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&temp=15442

Or am i missing something?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest carywinton

Uriel, post the screenshots into the description on the downloads page and they will be in the support thread OP.

Also, a heads up to everyone, Ashal has added multi-part 7zip archive support for .000 to .009 to the forum downloads.  That means we can now host mods up to 1GB compressed via ten 100MB files.

Cheers,

Greg

Now that is a good step in the right direction, well done.

Sorry about the delayed response to the download system I've only been back for a week.

I made a new topic for this post SexLabWorkingGirl so it can be deleted/ merged but I have another problem I screwed up and the file ended up in the adult downloads section for skyrim instead of lovers lab downloads. (didnt know i could move it myself its in SexLab Downloads now)Sorry again just noticed this topic thank you.

Sorry about the delayed response to the download system I've only been back for a week.

I made a new topic for this post SexLabWorkingGirl so it can be deleted/ merged but I have another problem I screwed up and the file ended up in the adult downloads section for skyrim instead of lovers lab downloads. (didnt know i could move it myself its in SexLab Downloads now)Sorry again just noticed this topic thank you.

done.

• 2 weeks later...

• If you have a download buried in some multi-purpose thread, rather than in it's own topic somewhere, we encourage you to break that out into it's own download by uploading it to the download system.

If i have a multiple mods in the same category (armor&clothing for example). Is it recommended by the administration to create single download or multiple downloads? if I created new mod(armor for the same body) should I create new download or add/update previous download?

mods in question can be used separately and independently. 

It makes sense to combine armors for the same body into one download page.  At that download page you can have multiple files for people to choose from, if you don't want to combine all the armors into one archive file or if you want (as you stated) to give folks the option.

Ok let me rephrase it. Is it forbidden to create separate downloads from one author in the same category?

Ok let me rephrase it. Is it forbidden to create separate downloads from one author in the same category?

No, I have about 6 mods in the download area. However 1 of the mod has 33 downloads attached to it.

What Greg is getting at is if you was to get all of the Krista downloads you have uploaded/linked it would be wise to have them all on the same download page rather then each one being on it's own page.

For example if you look here. You can see that the mod DMRA - Bouncing Butts is classed as 1 mod which adds armors for the DMRA body, however each armor is attached as a separate download to the download page. So yours would be something along the lines of Krista's mod and then the download page containing all of her mods as a separate download.

While I understand that they is no official rule, at least none that is in the public view, which stops you from doing it it is recommended that you do. This is because it looks better and saves people the trouble of trying to find each download page to download something.

Was that what you were trying to say Greg? :)

Pretty much.  

To make things easier for folks to find, you really should combine armors for the same body type into one download page.  You can still have separate attachments so folks can pick and choose from them.

You would not want folks to miss out on one of your creations due to them not being able to find it after all!   :P

Pretty much.  

To make things easier for folks to find, you really should combine armors for the same body type into one download page.  You can still have separate attachments so folks can pick and choose from them.

You would not want folks to miss out on one of your creations due to them not being able to find it after all!   :P

Or I can just put list of links to different downloads. Or tell people to search my download`s in profile. Those who look, will find. :)

It happens, that recently, my browser began to hang`s up when i try to edit large post. That`s why I`am thinking of splinting to separate downloads for each mod. And being polite, I asked: is it forbidden or not?   

Or I can just put list of links to different downloads.

You can link external links to the download page, such as Mediafire and all but as far as I know you are not allowed to interlink. Meaning you cannot place a link of a LoversLab thread into the download page as a download link.

Or tell people to search my download`s in profile. Those who look, will find. :)

Don't see the point here, if anything it will just make people not look as they won't be asked to check your profile. It would be pointless as whenever you upload a new file into the system it is shown on the portal page.

It happens, that recently, my browser began to hang`s up when i try to edit large post. That`s why I`am thinking of splinting to separate downloads for each mod. And being polite, I asked: is it forbidden or not?

If your on about placing each armor as a separate download it is not forbidden that I know of. However it does created needless and unnecessary download pages when you can combine them all into one download page. When a download page is created it automatically creates a support thread for it. So if you upload 10 mods by Krista into the download section all as separate downloads then that will be 10 new download pages and 10 new support topics when you can just have them all in 1 download page. If it is all on 1 download page it is easier to manage and people will most likely download multiple files as they don't have to go searching for them in the file system.

Personally I would get a different browser or check your computer for faults in that case.

If your on about placing each armor as a separate download it is not forbidden that I know of.

That is the simple answer i wanted.

So if you upload 10 mods by Krista

Ten? :)  we talk about 30-40 mods

Personally I would get a different browser or check your computer for faults in that case.

Personally I would check loverslab site engine and loverslab site host provider. As it happens on 4 (four) different PC in different location and different browsers.

Ten? :)  we talk about 30-40 mods

Yeah, I would look at them and bunch them up into groups and place each group as its own download page. For example all the armors on one page, all the houses etc on another etc etc. I say this because most support topics for armors etc don't get used that much, it may be possible for Ashal to have all the downloads going into 1 support thread but it would most likely be to much hassle to do. I would just group as much as you can into the download pages. Otherwise you are going to have 40 download pages and 40 support threads which will most likely never be used to really warrant their existent.

Personally I would check loverslab site engine and loverslab site host provider. As it happens on 4 (four) different PC in different location and different browsers.

The host provider is working fine, I have been uploading stuff for the past two weeks and have not hanged once. If you think it is broken or bugged report it to Ashal by sending him a PM.

If you think it is broken or bugged report it to Ashal by sending him a PM.

I reported download description size limit about a month ago, here in this same thread. Duplicated it to Ashal by PM. No reaction and no reply since then. And after old thread where attached to new download system, I have to rebuild all mod description, again. Download`s not broken, it`s fubar.

Maybe enough is enough. I`ve done talking. 

Pretty much.  

Or I can just put list of links to different downloads. Or tell people to search my download`s in profile. Those who look, will find. :)

Reserve the first couple of posts in the support thread.

The first post then can be edited to point to your reserved posts and each of your reserved posts can cover specific topics.

While we are on the subject of adding things. I suggest and strongly recommend that each game forum has its own "Guides" sub section and the old Tutorial and Guides be removed after the threads are relocated into their respected games. Only two of them seem to be active discussions lately.

Pros:

• Makes guides easy to find as you don't have to go searching for them in loads of threads pages.
  • You don't have 4 different types of guide (Fallout, Skyrim, Oblivion etc) all in the same subsection.

Cons:

• 88 threads need to be moved. I suppose some could be deleted as they are too old and better methods have been found.
  • Might take people some time getting used to it.

I agree wholeheartedly with jbezorg in that adding a category for translations would be a good thing.  If we had such an easy to find category we might attract folks who would both upload and download translations.  There are fuck ton of massively talented people out there who don't know English (or don't know if very well).  Other than work for Ashal (sorry boss) it would have no other impact whatsoever.  The support threads would still end up in the normal place so what could it possibly hurt?