The Peeping Feature Feels Underdeveloped.

Before you come at me with "oh you can just turn it off", I don't think they should have pushed a feature like this to the public version. Perhaps they should still work on it more, and it should be off by default.

1. The "peeping" occurrence happens constantly. Again, something you can change, but I feel like the default 35% chance should be more than enough to keep them sparse. And what exactly is the "interval"? Interval by what? Is there a chance for it to happen once every day? Every 12 hours? Every hour? God forbid, every minute. Not sure what exactly that entails. Perhaps peeping sims should only arrive while sims are nude, not just a random occurrence that just makes the sims in the household take off their clothes for no reason. And even then, it should still be random and uncertain whether they'll come.
  2. Peeping sims start masturbating for no reason. This is quite the weird bug. Sims are supposed to take their clothes of when a sim is peeping (if you have that option toggled, of course) but sometimes they won't and the peeping sim will start masturbating for no reason at all. Once, they just started jacking off to my sims having an argument. I don't really kinkshame, but that's kind of weird.
  3. You can't do anything to them. "Friendly Introduction"? Yep, that's exactly what I'd do when some creep is peeping through my windows. The most interaction you can really have with these sims is to catch them jerking it, which is kind of annoying. This is a general problem with TS4 where you have to introduce yourself first before being able to cuss some dickhead out. But still, I would appreciate a "get the fuck off my lawn" option.

Sorry if this rant came off as angry at TURBODRIVER or anyone who works on Wicked Whims. It's a mod I can't play without. I just hope that they improve upon the peeping feature. Cheers.

Yeah, there should definitely be an option to fight upfront. For some reason I figured there was, actually, I guess because I usually turned this off automatically? When it first launched I kept getting Tina everywhere and she respawned every time I deleted her, so I just turned the whole thing off.

Okay, let's quickly cover what is (mostly) simple misconceptions.

1. The frequency can be set to 100% which really is almost constant - I say almost because there is a slight lag on arrival at any residential lot before it can occur, but on the flipside, at 100% probability of occurrence, if you invite one peeper in for sex, they are temporarily reassigned as a visiting sim rather than a peeping sim, and another peeper (if there is one) may spawn to peep on you screwing the previous one...   At 1% chance, you are very rarely going to see one, so between those extremes (even discounting the zero possibility) there is an incredible degree of control.  Just remember that most of the WW setting tend to be on the high side by default to be sure people see it happen - a 35% occurrence is high.  I'd suggest starting with something more like 5-10% and only dialling it up higher if you want more.

2. The peepers masturbate if they see anything they find exciting.  Usually that requires a degree of nudity, but certainly not always.  You don't have controls for setting/changing that.

3. You can't interact with them outside of the wicked whims menus just as you can't interact with others during your own WW sex routines.  However, if you select them and choose the Wicked menu options from them, you can then interact with them via the wicked whims system, rather than the normal game menus.  Peepers are not in the 'normal game' system, and those menus only cut in if there's a gap/pause in the wicked whims routines controlling the peepers.

I put clutter on my entry porches in front of windows like lounges , pot plants, tables etc

I notice the peeping tom no longer seems to visit, they just walk on by my house nowdays.. lol.

My current peeper is a friendly ghost who often calls me for addvice..,

So as for interactions they seem like any other sim to me.

2 hours ago, smashl66 said:

I put clutter on my entry porches in front of windows like lounges , pot plants, tables etc

I notice the peeping tom no longer seems to visit, they just walk on by my house nowdays.. lol.

My current peeper is a friendly ghost who often calls me for addvice..,

So as for interactions they seem like any other sim to me.

Ghost peeper is a great idea, hats off. I just got rid of Tom and Tina and replaced with one of mine, so now I have a roving werewolf madman on the loose gawking in all the windows.

This is on top of that San Myshuno penthouse. My man scaled a whole ass building to go creeping. Dedication to the craft in action

07-03-22_6-37-02 PM.png

19 hours ago, kingmiami said:

Before you come at me with "oh you can just turn it off", I don't think they should have pushed a feature like this to the public version. Perhaps they should still work on it more, and it should be off by default.

1. The "peeping" occurrence happens constantly. Again, something you can change, but I feel like the default 35% chance should be more than enough to keep them sparse. And what exactly is the "interval"? Interval by what? Is there a chance for it to happen once every day? Every 12 hours? Every hour? God forbid, every minute. Not sure what exactly that entails. Perhaps peeping sims should only arrive while sims are nude, not just a random occurrence that just makes the sims in the household take off their clothes for no reason. And even then, it should still be random and uncertain whether they'll come.
  2. Peeping sims start masturbating for no reason. This is quite the weird bug. Sims are supposed to take their clothes of when a sim is peeping (if you have that option toggled, of course) but sometimes they won't and the peeping sim will start masturbating for no reason at all. Once, they just started jacking off to my sims having an argument. I don't really kinkshame, but that's kind of weird.
  3. You can't do anything to them. "Friendly Introduction"? Yep, that's exactly what I'd do when some creep is peeping through my windows. The most interaction you can really have with these sims is to catch them jerking it, which is kind of annoying. This is a general problem with TS4 where you have to introduce yourself first before being able to cuss some dickhead out. But still, I would appreciate a "get the fuck off my lawn" option.

Sorry if this rant came off as angry at TURBODRIVER or anyone who works on Wicked Whims. It's a mod I can't play without. I just hope that they improve upon the peeping feature. Cheers.

Hey!

1. A Unit Interval Value is a technical term for a technical setting, it's not an interval in time, but it's understandable to think so. Peeping Sims attempt to spawn every 6 hours and in my experience I have to put the value higher than the default to actually encounter them, so to keep it occasional, it was set low. It's a good point, how often this chance is used should be stated in the setting. Making spawn requirements more strict isn't something I'm looking to do, as there is no way to know what the player is really doing or planning to do. I don't understand what you think would make peeping Sims show up "uncertain", but I would like to learn.

2. Peeping Sims don't only react to nudity or sex, but to Sims being dressed up in their sleepwear outfit. It's the same thing as I mentioned before, I don't know what the player intent might be, so this is covered just in case nudity or sex isn't even a possibility.

3. You should never approach a peeping Sim outside, they will get scared and run away. If they wanted to interact with someone, they wouldn't be doing that by peeping through windows. You can interact with peeping Sims when you're in the same room they are looking into, that lets you tease them and invite them in.

2 hours ago, TURBODRIVER said:

Hey!

3. You should never approach a peeping Sim outside, they will get scared and run away. If they wanted to interact with someone, they wouldn't be doing that by peeping through windows. You can interact with peeping Sims when you're in the same room they are looking into, that lets you tease them and invite them in.

Thank you for that clarification! I couldn't figure out why sometimes I didn't seem to have any interaction options

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 8:31 PM, allegedly said:

Ghost peeper is a great idea, hats off. I just got rid of Tom and Tina and replaced with one of mine, so now I have a roving werewolf madman on the loose gawking in all the windows.

This is on top of that San Myshuno penthouse. My man scaled a whole ass building to go creeping. Dedication to the craft in action

07-03-22_6-37-02 PM.png

Off topic though if you don't mind me asking, but how were you able to change the werewolf body?

• 1 month later...

Depending on the mood of the sim being peeped on, they may autonomously attack the peeping sim, going to Despised relationship level immediately. They can also be given the command to Show off for Peeper or Invite in For Sex in the current version. 

One can also have one's own sim be a peeper who can snap pictures of other sims through their windows or end up on the receiving end of a beating after being caught. 

On 8/4/2022 at 11:02 PM, kingmiami said:

Peeping sims can take a peek, masturbating when something interesting going on, and take a picture.

For household sims, they can flash body part to peeping sims, even invite them for sex.

I wonder if you have some better ideas?

Edited by LOV31