On 3/8/2023 at 9:38 AM, Acro748 said:

what custom body for PC only mod are you using?

in vanilla, there was nothing strange about it

also, there is no the quest "TeraElinRaceController"

The only quests that exist in v1.2.8 are:

image.png.877a54c0893aabe18087a8d3dcd74edd.png

so, the quest "TeraElinRaceController" is not exist

Ah, the issue is with ElinPresetLoader, I should have looked through the ESP in xEdit...

Similar thing was happening with Proteus, where the mod was loading a saved character preset.

Is there a way to turn that on/off in console?

You can see my issue in the pic I uploaded, in the post above (in Spoilers). But basically Elin character's facegen textures get loaded on to a different race's face after changing races.

---

As for body mod, it's my own edit. Pretty much 3x ARMA records for each race, put them all on to a PC body [ARMO], and then assign that body to player records. Now you can have different meshes/textures for each player races. Meshes part can be skipped using 3ba body morphs that way all armor fits. I was able to import your Mousebell body preset using morphs alone.

Excuse me, I'm in trouble. the game version I'm playing is SE1.5.97

I noticed the attractive eyelashes mesh and used the current version TeraElinRaceRemastered v1.2.8.but since the version upgrade, the mesh of some clothes does not follow the body and extends far away.

HDT-enabled hair is also partially stretched. What is noteworthy is that it only occurs in some clothes, and in order to somehow solve it, I upgraded the FSMP version to 1.49.3 or downgraded to 1.44, 1.45 and verified it, but neither improved. (I was using 1.49 before the update)

Strangely, the phenomenon not occurred with TeraElinRaceRemastered v1.1.2.7 that I used before, and other races and default races are working without problems. Vortex profiling restored the Elin1.1.2.7 environment before the update and performed the same verification again, but the clothes and hairstyle did not stretch.

Is there something wrong with the clothes that cause this phenomenon and the current Elin version. I also tried updating the recommended MOD for SE1.5.97, but there is no sign of improvement.

Am I missing some mods that are needed for the update? Do you have any hints if there are any means that I can expect to improve.

23 hours ago, ssskn said:

Ah, the issue is with ElinPresetLoader, I should have looked through the ESP in xEdit...

Similar thing was happening with Proteus, where the mod was loading a saved character preset.

Is there a way to turn that on/off in console?

You can see my issue in the pic I uploaded, in the post above (in Spoilers). But basically Elin character's facegen textures get loaded on to a different race's face after changing races.

---

As for body mod, it's my own edit. Pretty much 3x ARMA records for each race, put them all on to a PC body [ARMO], and then assign that body to player records. Now you can have different meshes/textures for each player races. Meshes part can be skipped using 3ba body morphs that way all armor fits. I was able to import your Mousebell body preset using morphs alone.

ElinPresetLoader serves to automatically load the default preset when first changed to elin race

it only works when it is elin race and uses the Racemenu(skee) api
so if you have a mod to edit the player's skin and facegen skin then it's not compatible

you can disable ElinPresetLoader script with 2 ways

1. delete ElinPresetLoader.pex file

2. open the MusTeraElinRaceController.ini file and set FemalePresetName to empty

anyway the way you separated the skin is not compatible with custom races like elin without edit

most of the races would have been fine because they are the same as vanilla facegen and most of the race data is supposed to inherit Nord's (like a prank edit to ability only)
but Elin uses a completely different headmesh, so everything is unrelated to the vanilla race

so it's considered a completely different race and you need to add a separate elin race to your mod

15 hours ago, anchobiL said:

Excuse me, I'm in trouble. the game version I'm playing is SE1.5.97

I noticed the attractive eyelashes mesh and used the current version TeraElinRaceRemastered v1.2.8.but since the version upgrade, the mesh of some clothes does not follow the body and extends far away.

HDT-enabled hair is also partially stretched. What is noteworthy is that it only occurs in some clothes, and in order to somehow solve it, I upgraded the FSMP version to 1.49.3 or downgraded to 1.44, 1.45 and verified it, but neither improved. (I was using 1.49 before the update)

Strangely, the phenomenon not occurred with TeraElinRaceRemastered v1.1.2.7 that I used before, and other races and default races are working without problems. Vortex profiling restored the Elin1.1.2.7 environment before the update and performed the same verification again, but the clothes and hairstyle did not stretch.

Is there something wrong with the clothes that cause this phenomenon and the current Elin version. I also tried updating the recommended MOD for SE1.5.97, but there is no sign of improvement.

Am I missing some mods that are needed for the update? Do you have any hints if there are any means that I can expect to improve.

if you on the v1.5.97

HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics) at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

you can use this instead of FSMP

On 3/9/2023 at 11:14 PM, Crowwick said:

What mod is that clothing? And I also had the same issue that SMP physics on top of breasts tended to clip through them.

[COCO] Caress of Venus - CBBE-TBD-UUNP SE

Check Build Morphs beside Batch Build bottom.

8 hours ago, Acro748 said:

Thanks for the info.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30872
I tried this, but it didn't fix the problem.  I noticed some weird behavior.
Once I tried playing with his HDT-related mods removed, all the items that required HDT stretched toward the ground, but the clothes that were causing the problem seemed to be affected by another phenomenon. 

Just to be sure, I also tried it in Elin2 v1.1.2.7 environment, but here he sees items that require HDT fall to the ground as well, but the clothes in question don't stretch weirdly. 
Upon further investigation, I found that some of the stretchable clothes do not require his HDT to stretch, and it seems that in rare cases, if the equipment is attached and removed many times, it will be equipped without problems. 

Mods that often cause problems
SSE 3BA Anberil Delica (ESL) - 툴리우스 채널 (arca.live)

Edited by anchobiL
On 3/10/2023 at 4:06 PM, Acro748 said:

ElinPresetLoader serves to automatically load the default preset when first changed to elin race

it only works when it is elin race and uses the Racemenu(skee) api
so if you have a mod to edit the player's skin and facegen skin then it's not compatible

you can disable ElinPresetLoader script with 2 ways

1. delete ElinPresetLoader.pex file

2. open the MusTeraElinRaceController.ini file and set FemalePresetName to empty

anyway the way you separated the skin is not compatible with custom races like elin without edit

most of the races would have been fine because they are the same as vanilla facegen and most of the race data is supposed to inherit Nord's (like a prank edit to ability only)
but Elin uses a completely different headmesh, so everything is unrelated to the vanilla race

so it's considered a completely different race and you need to add a separate elin race to your mod

Thanks for the info. That should work tbh.

---

After the last message to you, I got an idea to use separate head meshes for PC as well. Now I've no more neck problems with any races. I made 3 different custom heads for vanilla, high poly, and expressive HP. I can make 2-3x heads/body with unique textures for each race eventually. I can do the same with Elin too, if need be. Haven't gotten the chance yet.

Need to setup unique textures for each race but use the same body mesh shape that way there's no need to build armor for each race shape. All you gotta do is make copies of the head meshes with unique textures paths. Then switch to those custom heads in RM after loading a preset. And voila, no problem with texture miss match. Probably able to switch expressive and non-expressive in game too. Unsure how the mouth/eye meshes will work tho.

You don't have to reply to this, mostly clarifying my thoughts for myself. Thanks for the help.

can somebody point me in the direction i need to go to make necks not noodle. did i skip a critical step somewhere or is this the intended outcome and i'm just missing something everyone's already using to correct meshing errors?

Screenshot_158.png

Screenshot_159.png

Screenshot_160.png

Edited by ideon

I'm back, having another issue now with NPC skin textures. They are being replaced by the ones in here, is there an option to turn that off like head textures?

Weird thing was, I gave nord NPC's all custom body+textures, their face issues got fixed. But then this mod started giving body textures to Imperial NPCs. They already have custom body textures... so why is this happening?

I could bypass this by setting up Elin textures into complexions, and imperial textures as default elin textures. But the underline issue still remains:

How is RaceController assigning skin textures? That part doesn't make sense...

For example, see attached image, that was Nord NPC, after giving Norn race its own body; same issue began with Imperial NPCs, but they have custom body/texts already.

Spoiler

ScreenShot2118.thumb.png.f652a12c2e8f202dd8f1c53bedd708fb.png

On 3/14/2023 at 3:36 PM, ideon said:

can somebody point me in the direction i need to go to make necks not noodle. did i skip a critical step somewhere or is this the intended outcome and i'm just missing something everyone's already using to correct meshing errors?

Screenshot_158.png

Screenshot_159.png

Screenshot_160.png

it's vanilla issue and it is clearly visible when the head size and position are edited (even you didn't edit it, default preset already head size and position edited)

i have an idea for that, but idk when

but it will be included in 2.0 or earlier versions

21 hours ago, ssskn said:

I'm back, having another issue now with NPC skin textures. They are being replaced by the ones in here, is there an option to turn that off like head textures?

Weird thing was, I gave nord NPC's all custom body+textures, their face issues got fixed. But then this mod started giving body textures to Imperial NPCs. They already have custom body textures... so why is this happening?

I could bypass this by setting up Elin textures into complexions, and imperial textures as default elin textures. But the underline issue still remains:

How is RaceController assigning skin textures? That part doesn't make sense...

For example, see attached image, that was Nord NPC, after giving Norn race its own body; same issue began with Imperial NPCs, but they have custom body/texts already.

Hide contents

ScreenShot2118.thumb.png.f652a12c2e8f202dd8f1c53bedd708fb.png

The skin change logic is as follows:

1.Get the player's skin(ARMO) (It takes from ActorBase and if it doesn't exist then takes from Race)
2.Check armor slot(body/hands/feet) of the armor addon(ARMA) sequentially in that skin armor(ARMO)
3.Change the file path of texture set in armor addon that verified armor slot
4.regenerate meshes

there's no race check so the skin that first verified armor addon of body/hands/feet is changed

unless edit the mod like you, it don't usually have to check the race

anyway i'll add a check on that in the next version

for complexion skins, you can check config files on SKSE\Plugins\MusTeraElinRaceController\Complexion

5 hours ago, Acro748 said:

it's vanilla issue and it is clearly visible when the head size and position are edited (even you didn't edit it, default preset already head size and position edited)

ty i was going crazy thinking that i just didn't have the secret sauce. 

it's strange because a neck length of 3.0 and a neck width slider to 0 (default racemenu sliders) seems to elevate the bending... but obviously sends the bottom of the head into the middle of the head. i'm no digital artist so this is going to be a fun ride. definitely looking forward to easier solutions in the future though.

On 3/15/2023 at 1:41 PM, Acro748 said:

The skin change logic is as follows:

1.Get the player's skin(ARMO) (It takes from ActorBase and if it doesn't exist then takes from Race)
2.Check armor slot(body/hands/feet) of the armor addon(ARMA) sequentially in that skin armor(ARMO)
3.Change the file path of texture set in armor addon that verified armor slot
4.regenerate meshes

there's no race check so the skin that first verified armor addon of body/hands/feet is changed

unless edit the mod like you, it don't usually have to check the race

anyway i'll add a check on that in the next version

for complexion skins, you can check config files on SKSE\Plugins\MusTeraElinRaceController\Complexion

Hmm... I don't quiet understand the logic, because I gave every vanilla race their own custom body. It would still overwrite 1 of those. I was using a single default diffuse texture for all races to save space, maybe that's what was being replaced. [.dds and _s the same for all || sweat/gloss and _msn unique per race]

Wouldn't the issue resolve if you make body textures optional kinda like how loading facegen is optional? Other Elin followers should have their own custom body mesh and textures.

Anyways, I got it working using complexions:

-Placed 4x (Elin body + tail) ARMA records into PC body.                                                 <-So I can use default body mesh

-Replaced Filterlist and Elin Texture records with duplicates.                                              <-I don't think it was needed, but did that before idea of using complexions.

-Put default body textures into Elin's body textures.

-Place elin's textures into their own separate folder.

-Edit one of the complexion files to point to that folder.

I hope this makes sense. And race check will be appreciated.

Edited by ssskn
21 hours ago, Crowwick said:

Noticed that version is now v1.2.9 Part2, what new is in this update? I still use version 1.2.7v2.7 and just read that there is 1.2.8 even and it made some changes to complexion textures?

nothing, it was renamed to update two days ago, but it wasn't updated because there was something to test just before

now it has been updated to v1.2.9 and please refer to the change log

Curious phenomenon. I was playing with 1.2.7v2.7, and when sometimes my Elin char disappeared (zooming in an angle that went too close to char, I suppose), after walking around a bit she appeared, and she had lost her body skin glossiness (I edit all armours in Nifscope that skin has 450 glossiness and 40 specular strenght).

I now tested 1.2.9 and all my chars had lost their eyebrows, could not get them back in Racemenu even.

Okay, then. I reverted back to 1.2.7v2.7, and now if my char disappears from screen, after appearing again she loses both body skin glossiness AND eyebrows, and it seems only game restarts helps. I'm in quite a loss atm what causes this, and can this be fixed during game without restarting.

Edited by Crowwick
5 hours ago, flyingracoon42 said:

I need help fixing head discoloration please.

Skyrim Special Edition 22_03_2023 01_00_57 م.png

Textures\actors\Tera Elin\femalebody.dds

If there is a mod that overwrites this file then delete it

25 minutes ago, Quesodoodle said:

sure its been asked a million times, so i apologize, but does this alter npcs as well or just the player character or youd have to select individual npcs and switch their race?

it's just playable race

and don't change NPCs

23 hours ago, Crowwick said:

Curious phenomenon. I was playing with 1.2.7v2.7, and when sometimes my Elin char disappeared (zooming in an angle that went too close to char, I suppose), after walking around a bit she appeared, and she had lost her body skin glossiness (I edit all armours in Nifscope that skin has 450 glossiness and 40 specular strenght).

I now tested 1.2.9 and all my chars had lost their eyebrows, could not get them back in Racemenu even.

Okay, then. I reverted back to 1.2.7v2.7, and now if my char disappears from screen, after appearing again she loses both body skin glossiness AND eyebrows, and it seems only game restarts helps. I'm in quite a loss atm what causes this, and can this be fixed during game without restarting.

Since it changed to highpoly brows in v1.2.8
so if you have edited brows in sculpt tab of racemenu, you should edit brows again

@Acro748you add wonderful gifs of your chars when you post new armours, and I noticed that in them your character actually blinks her eyes. My elin char doesn't blink at all, or just once when I load the save. is there a way to increase blinking animation? Silly question, but char would seem a more life-like if blinking more than once in an hour XD

4 hours ago, Crowwick said:

@Acro748you add wonderful gifs of your chars when you post new armours, and I noticed that in them your character actually blinks her eyes. My elin char doesn't blink at all, or just once when I load the save. is there a way to increase blinking animation? Silly question, but char would seem a more life-like if blinking more than once in an hour XD

There's a couple of ways to do it last I checked, but one of the most common ones is just installing MFG Fix.