Help with Spell Casting Script

Since U already bought those games try to download last non stream versions ( torrents sites have all ) for oblivion U'll find GOTY Deluxe Edition very easy

Also Oblivion not work perfect with win 10 & 11  so try to consider downgrade Windows  OR use virtual machine with win 7 or 8.1  beside win 10

Yes, nothing works properly since Windows 10. . .  And I still use it.

Some CS functions cause an instant crash. The game crashes every few hours. The random crashes when fast traveling and entering and exiting houses. It is almost like in the beginning when there was no OBSE, Stutter Remover and 4GB patcher.

With Win7 only a few crashes in a whole year, and I played every day.

But it works, every Mod works. It might crash sometimes when you cast the spell, but not every time. 

And there seem to be good days and bad days, few crashes or lots. The game is alive and it is old, when the weather is bad it hurts in the joints and on some days low back pain (lumbago) .  :classic_wink:

But no, Oblivion is healthy, only Windows 10 and 11 are sick.

Sitting here staring at the Oblivion download window --- I just thought of something.

Spell scrolls "vanish" when you click them to use.  That's how I should have done the Teach scroll!

... Nineteen more hours for oblivion....

No the scroll does not vanish.

You had the script

ScriptName AllaTeleportTeach

Begin OnActivate

Player.AddSpell AllaTeleportSpell

Activate    ;  <<<< opens the book/scroll

End

So after the teleport ( or  before) the scroll opens and you can read it and then close it or take it into your inventory.  It is a book.

I changed it to

ScriptName AllaTeleportTeach

short Alreadyhave

Begin OnActivate

If Alreadyhave == 0
        Player.AddSpell AllaTeleportSpell
        set Alreadyhave to 1
    endif

Activate

End

So the script only add the spell the first time you activate the scroll  ( same does the DLC SpellTomes in the add spell scripts )

But it's not really necessary, you don't get two or more spells if you already have the spell.

If you only read the scroll and then close it,  it stays in the boat.

Edited by fejeena

Okay.... I have Ob downloaded NOT into ProgramFiles(x86)

The spell works!  I didn't crash!  So there must have been something wrong with my installation.  As you have all said, probably because it didn't like being in that directory

One thing I did notice -- I don't seem to need Teleport and TeleportSI.  The plain Teleport spell works whether or not SI is activated in the load order.  I tested three different ways, and each time, the Teleport spell took me back to regular Tamriel, to the city I had selected.

I'm so grateful for everyone's help.  Here is the finished ESP, including a "Bind to Spot" spell, and a "Bounce" spell.  You use the BindSpot to make yourself an anchor, like at the top door of a dungeon, or outside that witch that helps you with the Vampire Potion quest.  Then you can return right to that spot, by casting Bounce.  That costs nothing.  Or you can use the Travel Spell.  It costs 2 gold to go to any of the cities you choose in the message box.

(I should mention it took me forever to figure out how to make the Bind to Spot work -- I finally figured out I had to make an X marker and use Move To Player.  So obvious, right?  But it took me all this time to work that out!)

So far everything is working great, thanks in large part to the help you all provided!

(If you all think I should, I could release it here on LoversLab, if you think other people might like it)

AllaObTravel.esp

You install only one esp.  The SI  esp if you have SI activated.  

But if you have SI activated you must install the SI esp !

I already explained it. When you travel to SI (use the strange door) the game set SetPlayerInSEWorld 1

This feature blocks Tamriel dialog and greetings, and enables SI dialog and greetings.

If you use the console or your teleport spell without the "SI fix"   you are back in Tamriel but GetPlayerInSEWorld is still 1.

Then it can happen that NPC greeting is "I HAVE NO GREETING"

Of course you can always use the console and set SetPlayerInSEWorld 0 . . . but why if you add it in the script.

9 hours ago, fejeena said:

But if you have SI activated you must install the SI esp !

I already explained it. When you travel to SI (use the strange door) the game set SetPlayerInSEWorld 1

This feature blocks Tamriel dialog and greetings, and enables SI dialog and greetings.

If you use the console or your teleport spell without the "SI fix"   you are back in Tamriel but GetPlayerInSEWorld is still 1.

Then it can happen that NPC greeting is "I HAVE NO GREETING"

Okay, I *think* I understand now.

Honestly, I'm really not as dumb as I come across.  I hope. hehe