New Mod on nexus, powdergangers revamp

theskid

is it possible for a mod to run an external application?

all i'm thinking is when you first install a mod it does a dependancy check and if it requires sexout it could run a downloader to grab the files from here.that way they are not hosted or mentioned on nexus but still usable.

I believe I have seen some mods that check to see if the mods that are required are installed and give an error and tell you that you need a mod. That should be safe enough but no reaching out for downloads is dangerous, also that assumes that the page for the download will remain the same for all time. Many mods change, move locations, and even move sites. You would only be getting frustrated with errors in time from the mods not being able to be downloaded.

No. Think about the potential for script kiddie malice if you could

I agree. All one would need to do is direct the downloader to some other page with viruses and such. I would never use a mod that does that. I don't even allow FOMM or NMM (If used) to reach out and update or do other work other than check their version (NMM and only because I haven't see a way to turn that off)

• 3 months later...

I just started to play this mod and it seems interesting for me, even looks like it is fully voiced.

Most probably I wouldnt have found it if I was not a regular user of LL (just reading post usually, more than posting), thanks to the OP. :)

What I like of this mod is the fact that Sexout is there, yes, but very subtle. I prefer this kind of quest related mods that the "fuck-40-people-to-finish-this-quest" ones.

It is just a question of personal tastes, I guess. Although I appreciate all the modder´s efforts, and I like to test most of the adult stuff, but, as everything in life, we like some things more than others, and this kind of mods fits more my gaming style. :shy:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived