Daggers Control Rigs (Updated by Simite for WW June 2022)

Daggers Control Rigs (Updated by Simite for WW June 2022)

View File

Important: This is not a mod, it's an animators tool for using in blender to help make animations.

It was suggested to me on multiple occasions in the past that these should have been posted somewhere easier to find rather then a couple posts into a long thread, so here we are after the latest WW release providing updated rigs with Anus and Vagina bones for animation these Control Rigs where in need of an update to accommodate those changes. 

These Control Rigs where posted a while back by a user and fellow animator called Dagger, who has since not been very active but left this wonderful and useful tool behind I have updated the rig a couple times now after various WW rig changes and here we are again trying to help out that wonderful animation community to keep growing and creating the massive variety of beautiful animations.

I understand that not everyone uses this control rig but I know it has helped many new comers and skilled animators alike either improve their workflow or just help get to grasps on the basics, its a great for beginners to learn and make their first animations and still has tons of practical utility for the more advanced animators amongst.

These versions don't include any physics string, my latest version of those will be available on Patreon soon.

Might help people that don't know how to make a control rig, or making them compatibles with these new bones.

However, I unlocked pectoral jiggles for males, there is no need to separate breast control with a female rig. I'm probably the only one interested by it so you can probably let it that way.

You forget to add the custom bones shapes for the females (for the anus). Not a big deal tho, sounds easy to add with the plugin from blender.

There is an issue with this control rig however, it uses body rotation when moving the root, thus making creating animations outside of wickedwhims not very doable if the actor is not starting the animation from the origin axis after baking (unless there is no rotation of the root involved). It needs load of copy transform and parent/unparent bones play to fix it after it's done. 

Wickedwhims use its own way to perform animations, so it works fine with it, but for creating animatons interactions using Animation State Machine, it doesn't. 

This was the dagger rig I updated a few days after I made the new ww rig for some animators already, there's jiggles for boobs included afaik. Feel free to add/modify it to your download page. I think the meshes might be outdated, however.

I didn't care about creating custom shapes for the bones, and I do have one with butt jiggle physics, but I removed them, because I prefer to have full control with the bones. I don't use this rig personally though.

DaggerSimite_FemalePhysics_Khlas_Edit.blend

Edited by Khlas
1 hour ago, Khlas said:
Spoiler

Might help people that don't know how to make control rig compatibles with these new bones.

However, I unlocked pectoral jiggles for males, there is no need to separate breast control with a female rig. Tho I'm probably the only one interested by it so you can probably let it that way I guess...

Also you forget to add the custom bones shapes for the females (for the anus). Not a big deal tho, sounds easy to fix with the plugin from blender anyway.

There is an issue with this control rig however, it uses body rotation when moving the root, thus making creating animations outside of wickedwhims not very doable if the actor is not staying at origin axis after baking. It needs load of copy transform and parent/unparent bones play to fix it after it's done.

Wickedwhims use its own way to perform animations, so it works fine with it, but for creating animatons interactions using Animation State Machine, it doesn't. 

This was the dagger rig I updated a few days after I made the new ww rig for some animators already, there's jiggles for boobs included afaik. Feel free to add/modify it to your download page. I think the meshes might be outdated however.

I didn't care about creating custom shapes for the bones tho, and I do have one with butt jiggle physics, but I removed them, because I prefer to have full control with the bones. I don't use this rig personally but I suppoe it can help some others.

Firstly I just want to say amazing work on your animations, I seen some of them recently and I really enjoyed all of what I managed to find locations for in the limited time I had to check them out, especially the blowjob animations for the larger size, hopefully when I eventually get around to putting my newer animations into packages they will be somewhere close to that level. You actually inspired me to do better and I seen so much in your animations that I will undoubtedly emulate in some way.

Oh awesome which male tops are weight painted for using male pectoral jiggle? I had made something like that myself a while back but never made any effort to share it cause like you, I figured nobody would want it and it was just weight paint added to other peoples meshes, I didn't have much mesh creation skills at that time.

Yeah personally I didn't see the need for making more physics to be calculated when you can just use some constraints to copy the physics from other places and then make some tweaks, bit of a slacker solution but also saves on the frames when there's lots of rigs.

I didn't know about the issue with this rig outside of WW, from what I know WW still uses one of the in-game animation states to run its animations too. So I'm not aware how or why they would behave differently, it is possible that I have bound the "move_all" bone too the Root instead of the Root_bind on one of the itterations but that problem should not happen and I will see if there's anything I can do too correct that.

Thanks for sharing the rig, I'll probably just add some handles on the male rig I already shared to control the male breast bones if anyone wants to use those, I know I like having the option to use them even if I am not going to use them all the time so I appreciate you sharing.

1 minute ago, Super anal fucker meiko said:

Nice! I was not familiar with control rigs and was stumbling through creating animations when I found this rig. I even wish I had known about this earlier, so I am glad you left it in shape where it is now.

Awesome! I'm happy you're making good use of it too. Also great work on your creations, I may have a slight anal obsession also ;)

Hi. I am new into making animations for WW. I have tried using rigs provided by WW devblog (Creating Basic Animations In Blender [1]), but they are too hard to use.

These rigs are easier (thank you for providing them), but I have one problem - I can't append male (or female) blend file into existing scene. Rig controls become "shapes" and nothing can be manipulated. Am I doing something wrong?

Screenshot is in the attachment. I use Blender 3.0.1

append.png

On 7/2/2022 at 11:04 PM, Rasky said:

Resolved this issue with moving all shapes to another collection and hiding it... Now the controls are accessible.

Sorry for the noob question.

Not a noob question at all, it was something I was having problems with for a long time, with the shapes all appearing when I appended new rigs, so I put them all into an empty and called it shapes, just CTRL + Click the little thing called shapes(in the control rig) in the little window where you see the rigs, if you ctrl and selected all the shapes will now be selected, then in the 3d viewport press M and select layer 3+; this will move the shapes onto the layer you selected and they will no longer be in the way. Then just put the appended rig into pose mode and your ready to go

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I only use rigs for poses.

I've been using Azmodan22's rigs for years but since WW 1.70, tongues no longer show up on my poses. Only shows up on animations.
Since then, I reverted back to WW 1.69 where I can use a 3rd party tongue like nandong's.

Will be giving this a try, but before I do, got a quick question. Would you happen to know if using your rig for poses allows the use for the new WW tongue?

Edited by mdcem
7 hours ago, mdcem said:

Hi, I only use rigs for poses.

I've been using Azmodan22's rigs for years but since WW 1.70, tongues no longer show up on my poses. Only shows up on animations.
Since then, I reverted back to WW 1.69 where I can use a 3rd party tongue like nandong's.

Will be giving this a try, but before I do, got a quick question. Would you happen to know if using your rig for poses allows the use for the new WW tongue?

It should because it uses the latest WW rig bone setup so if there any issues I will look into them but I am pretty sure they would be on the mesh weight paint side of things and not related to this rig. Please do let me know about any issues you have though and I will make sure it's not a problem from the control rig. 

12 hours ago, Simite said:

It should because it uses the latest WW rig bone setup so if there any issues I will look into them but I am pretty sure they would be on the mesh weight paint side of things and not related to this rig. Please do let me know about any issues you have though and I will make sure it's not a problem from the control rig. 

Thanks for the response.

Gonna do it a bit later today and update some of my tongued poses using your rig and see how it goes on WW 1.70g. Will definitely update you whether it works or not. Thanks a bunch!

3 hours ago, mdcem said:

Thanks for the response.

Gonna do it a bit later today and update some of my tongued poses using your rig and see how it goes on WW 1.70g. Will definitely update you whether it works or not. Thanks a bunch!

Update: Doesn't work. But I don't think its because of your rig. Maybe the WW tongue really isn't compatible with poses. Just gonna wait for a new tongue mesh that is compatible with WW. Anyway, thanks again! Amazing, rig by the way.

13 hours ago, mdcem said:

Update: Doesn't work. But I don't think its because of your rig. Maybe the WW tongue really isn't compatible with poses. Just gonna wait for a new tongue mesh that is compatible with WW. Anyway, thanks again! Amazing, rig by the way.

Edited: Ahh I see now you already explained that it works for animations just not for posing, I presume in something like pose player, I will look into making a modified version of pose player that uses the WW rig if I can.

Edited by Simite
11 hours ago, Simite said:

Edited: Ahh I see now you already explained that it works for animations just not for posing, I presume in something like pose player, I will look into making a modified version of pose player that uses the WW rig if I can.

You're right; makes more sense that the Pose Player is the culprit. If ever you succeed in modifying it, that would be great, not only for me, but for everyone who uses WW and Pose Player together. For now, keeping my WW at 1.69 and using nandong's tongue fixes the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, thank you very much for your awesome control rig!

I have a (probably noob) issue however. I have created animations in blender before but i am completely new to modding the sims, so far it has been a bit of a headache using all the different tools etc., but i finally got it to work with the rig from the loverslab tutorial.

Your rig is much more fun to work with than the one from the loverslab tutorial however.

The problem is that i cant export the animations to the game, whenever i create an animation with your rig and export it from the .blend file with sims 4 studio and then put it in a package, the animation just shows up as a A-posing character with a slightly distorted face ingame. I suspect that sims 4 studio doesnt properly convert the animation into a clip.

In the loverslab tutorial it told me to put the

TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Override_Sim_Rig .package

file into the sims 4 studio mods folder.  Is there something like this for your rig?

Suppose i am correct regarding what the problem is, how do i get sims 4 studio to recognize your rig and export the clips correctly?
Would be very grateful for any advice here, cant wait to make some animations.

EDIT: found the issue, i had to bake the animation to the "rig female" rig. Just in case anyone is making the same mistake: Make "rig female" armature selectable by clicking the little mouse pointer in the file outliner. Select the  "rig female" armature. Go into pose mode.

Select all bones, click on pose -> animation -> bake action...

then check visual keying and click ok.

Edited by Darula15

Hi, thank you very much for this resource.
While learning I've only been using the tutorial WW rigs and mostly understood what to do, unfortunately this one really beats me.
I can't move legs at all, I don't know how to remove the geometric shapes around the character (added a picture), I find it overall confusing.

Would anyone have some kind of tutorial link/video that would explain what I need to know to learn how to use these? I looked at a couple basic blender tutorials but they were mainly about making models, no rigging.

abcd.png

Edited by Altami
picture added for example
On 8/11/2022 at 9:51 PM, Altami said:

Hi, thank you very much for this resource.
While learning I've only been using the tutorial WW rigs and mostly understood what to do, unfortunately this one really beats me.
I can't move legs at all, I don't know how to remove the geometric shapes around the character (added a picture), I find it overall confusing.

Would anyone have some kind of tutorial link/video that would explain what I need to know to learn how to use these? I looked at a couple basic blender tutorials but they were mainly about making models, no rigging.

abcd.png

I can try to explain, though keep in mind I learned it from experimentation after going from the WW tutorial, too, and looking for better ways than manipulating each single bone, so  dont have a complete understanding

The bones aren't what we manipulate here, they already have pre-set constraints and range of motion, and are already linked and connected so that if we move one thing, other bones connected to it moves, and bones connected to that, etc. to some extent.

For me it helps to consider, for example, the rectangle on the back of the right hand is a point of manipulation. If you click on it I think it's named _rig_control female: R_R_Hand.

So, as per the name, it's a point where we control (manipulate?) the rig.
If you move it up and down in pose mode, the elbow and should go up and down and-or bend within its pre-programmed range of motion as well.

I think the blue sphere behind it, "_rig_control female: R_Elbow_Target", is a point in space the elbow 'points' at.
So if you want the elbow to point in another direction, the rest of the arm will likely remain unmoved, but the elbow will be moved to point towards it if you move that sphere.
Similarly, there is a set of intersecting lines (rather than a sphere) which the eyes will point to, so if you move that the eyes will automatically rotate to try and point towards it.

The ankles and pieces of foot you can manipulate has rig control shapes, too, and the knee will move to make sense with where you put the foot,

so if you want to change the position of your legs you move the feet since they dont have a rig controller by itself, and there are spheres for where the knees will point that you can move to manipulate the knees.
There are 'rig controls' in the head for things, which look different but if they're named "_rig_control" you can manipulate them various ways, too.

It's a bit like having specific points you can touch\manipulate a puppet on, and some parts (knees, eyes etc) are anchored with a string and you can the other end of that string around to manipulate it.

Hope this makes sense and helps!

On 8/18/2022 at 4:32 PM, Xuji said:

I can try to explain, though keep in mind I learned it from experimentation after going from the WW tutorial, too, and looking for better ways than manipulating each single bone, so  dont have a complete understanding

The bones aren't what we manipulate here, they already have pre-set constraints and range of motion, and are already linked and connected so that if we move one thing, other bones connected to it moves, and bones connected to that, etc. to some extent.

For me it helps to consider, for example, the rectangle on the back of the right hand is a point of manipulation. If you click on it I think it's named _rig_control female: R_R_Hand.

So, as per the name, it's a point where we control (manipulate?) the rig.
If you move it up and down in pose mode, the elbow and should go up and down and-or bend within its pre-programmed range of motion as well.

I think the blue sphere behind it, "_rig_control female: R_Elbow_Target", is a point in space the elbow 'points' at.
So if you want the elbow to point in another direction, the rest of the arm will likely remain unmoved, but the elbow will be moved to point towards it if you move that sphere.
Similarly, there is a set of intersecting lines (rather than a sphere) which the eyes will point to, so if you move that the eyes will automatically rotate to try and point towards it.

The ankles and pieces of foot you can manipulate has rig control shapes, too, and the knee will move to make sense with where you put the foot,

so if you want to change the position of your legs you move the feet since they dont have a rig controller by itself, and there are spheres for where the knees will point that you can move to manipulate the knees.
There are 'rig controls' in the head for things, which look different but if they're named "_rig_control" you can manipulate them various ways, too.

It's a bit like having specific points you can touch\manipulate a puppet on, and some parts (knees, eyes etc) are anchored with a string and you can the other end of that string around to manipulate it.

Hope this makes sense and helps!

Hi!

It actually does help and makes a lot of sense, now all I have to do is get used to this new system (though technically once I get used to this then it should be a lot easier than with the old rigs).
Hoping maybe I'll manage to make something shareable eventually but so far it's been constantly getting used to different parts of the process. Got a lot of respect for those who can whip up new animations every month.

Thank you very much for your explanation!

Edited by Altami
  • 1 month later...
On 6/29/2022 at 2:47 PM, Khlas said:

Might help people that don't know how to make a control rig, or making them compatibles with these new bones.

However, I unlocked pectoral jiggles for males, there is no need to separate breast control with a female rig. I'm probably the only one interested by it so you can probably let it that way.

You forget to add the custom bones shapes for the females (for the anus). Not a big deal tho, sounds easy to add with the plugin from blender.

There is an issue with this control rig however, it uses body rotation when moving the root, thus making creating animations outside of wickedwhims not very doable if the actor is not starting the animation from the origin axis after baking (unless there is no rotation of the root involved). It needs load of copy transform and parent/unparent bones play to fix it after it's done. 

This was the dagger rig I updated a few days after I made the new ww rig for some animators already, there's jiggles for boobs included afaik. Feel free to add/modify it to your download page. I think the meshes might be outdated, however.

I didn't care about creating custom shapes for the bones, and I do have one with butt jiggle physics, but I removed them, because I prefer to have full control with the bones. I don't use this rig personally though.

DaggerSimite_FemalePhysics_Khlas_Edit.blend 7.71 MB · 63 downloads

I assume creating a butt jiggle should be as simple as duplicating the bezier curves and boob control bones on layer 21? Then re-constraining them to the new bezier curves.

3 hours ago, dannysdb5 said:

I assume creating a butt jiggle should be as simple as duplicating the bezier curves and boob control bones on layer 21? Then re-constraining them to the new bezier curves.

Are you asking or you are trying to teach me something? Because I know and I don't use it, as said in my post.

Also bezier curves are terrible for jiggles physics unless you do simple looping animation imo, but if this is a question, you can do that, however you need to move the curve where the bones are first

Edited by Khlas
1 hour ago, Khlas said:

Are you asking or you are trying to teach me something? Because I know and I don't use it, as said in my post.

Also bezier curves are terrible for jiggles physics unless you do simple looping animation imo, but if this is a question, you can do that, however you need to move the curve where the bones are first

Just seeking clarification.

If bezier curves are terrible, can I ask why the female physics rig uses them? The breast control bones are parented to small bezier curves on each breast.

@Simite I realize it's probably too early to ask, but with Sims4Studio 3.2 (now in beta) supporting Blender 3.3, could you see yourself getting around to updating the control rig for Blender 3.3?

Maybe it can already be used, but from what I understand, .blend files originally created and saved in 2.7 can have compatibility errors with 2.8 and above.

3.3 can provide much better support for all kinds of jiggle physics through the use of addons.

https://github.com/artellblender/springbones

https://github.com/detomon/wigglebone

https://github.com/Pauan/blender-rigid-body-bones

23 minutes ago, dannysdb5 said:

Just seeking clarification.

If bezier curves are terrible, can I ask why the female physics rig uses them? The breast control bones are parented to small bezier curves on each breast.

I don’t use those rigs. It’s for users like you that enjoy them. It’s a personal opinion and choice. 

13 minutes ago, dannysdb5 said:

@Simite I realize it's probably too early to ask, but with Sims4Studio 3.2 (now in beta) supporting Blender 3.3, could you see yourself getting around to updating the control rig for Blender 3.3?

Maybe it can already be used, but from what I understand, .blend files originally created and saved in 2.7 can have compatibility errors with 2.8 and above.

3.3 can provide much better support for all kinds of jiggle physics through the use of addons.

https://github.com/artellblender/springbones

https://github.com/detomon/wigglebone

https://github.com/Pauan/blender-rigid-body-bones

the rigs works fine with new blender versions. Just append the rig into blender 3.0+ or open the blend with them. 

s4s giving support to 3.0+ blender never prevented people to use such versions. You could import as fbx just fine on compatible blender. It’s more a convenience now than it used to be.

pretty sure simite does the upgrade using 3.0+ anyway so it’s surely not needed.

Edited by Khlas
29 minutes ago, Khlas said:

the rigs works fine with new blender versions. Just append the rig into blender 3.0+ or open the blend with them. 

s4s giving support to 3.0+ blender never prevented people to use such versions. You could import as fbx just fine on compatible blender. It’s more a convenience now than it used to be.

pretty sure simite does the upgrade using 3.0+ anyway so it’s surely not needed.

The UV and texture data does not load into Blender 3.3. This is one of the problems when importing an older S4S export mesh into Blender 2.8+. This does not happen when exporting a mesh from the S4S beta to Blender 3.3.

From what I can tell the rig still deforms and functions fine but I'd still like a bit more assurance before I start animating.

48 minutes ago, dannysdb5 said:

The UV and texture data does not load into Blender 3.3. This is one of the problems when importing an older S4S export mesh into Blender 2.8+. This does not happen when exporting a mesh from the S4S beta to Blender 3.3.

From what I can tell the rig still deforms and functions fine but I'd still like a bit more assurance before I start animating.

you got the assurance, I answered to you, what do you need more

the uv and texture import just fine. No idea how you try to open it, but it works. As I said, importing as fbx works, then it’s just a matter of importing the texture back. but this is for new to old. Old to new, you just need to open it as usual and then importing the textures separately if they don’t load, tho they should. If it’s from a very old blender, you can always append the rig and objects. 

Edited by Khlas