Oblivion Ragdoll Custom Universal Skeleton addon for Ragdolls

Oblivion Ragdoll Custom Universal Skeleton addon for Ragdolls

View File

Adds LAPF and some scaling/combat/anim/fashion bones to the 2022 Madace Ragdolls mod skeleton.  I've also updated Talkietoaster's proof of concept fat, tank and Morrowind-style beast skeletons because I could. I may have missed some popular bones, lmk if I skipped out on your favorite bones or if you wish to see something scaled that hasn't been.

Note that;

Most users will just use the every day folder version over the universal, just copy paste the skeletons (backup what you have first) and everything should be fine. No need to alter inis or anything, just copy paste.

For total control/universal skeleton users, like the OG Growlf version you'll lose headtracking because of something with anims similar to Fallouts afaik. Set bDisableHeadTracking=1 to stop the possessed heads.

This requires OBSE and the original mod.

MW Beast skeleton, tank and the thick skeleton look really weird in some anims, but that's just how it goes with the bones being so far off what the animation expects. High heels shrink beastfolks' feet back to normal though they retain their odd shape. The thick skeleton has a lot of clipping with clothing being so large and the tank skeleton has really long arms which causes all sorts of clipping. .

I don't really do anything but copy paste, but I didn't see anyone upload anything like this, so I figured I would for better or worse.  Someone has to right? All credits to the original authors, none to me, do whatever.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/24/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    OBSE, Ragdolls for Oblivion

No idea, haven't modded Skyrim much, it didn't feel as horribly broken as Oblivion.

The Ragdolls for Oblivion mod made fixes to the vanilla skeletons and some gmst changes, so the physics wouldn't be so weird. I generally just copy pasted the bones you use in lovers and some other animation or clothes mods, for example penis, wings, or shoe bones, onto the Ragdolls for Oblivion skeleton.nif so they'd be compatible. I only made modifications to third person skeletons.

The skeletons in the main folder is similar to Growlf's universal since I tried to add as many controllable scaleable bones as I could, but like the OG something about scaleable spinal bones breaks head tracking, or the ability of heads to follow the player or other npcs around. Not sure how/why. Anyway, in the ALT folder I have skeletons without the scalable spine bones, so there shouldn't be a head tracking issue.

33 minutes ago, xartom said:

No idea, haven't modded Skyrim much, it didn't feel as horribly broken as Oblivion.

The Ragdolls for Oblivion mod made fixes to the vanilla skeletons and some gmst changes, so the physics wouldn't be so weird. I generally just copy pasted the bones you use in lovers and some other animation or clothes mods, for example penis, wings, or shoe bones, onto the Ragdolls for Oblivion skeleton.nif so they'd be compatible. I only made modifications to third person skeletons.

The skeletons in the main folder is similar to Growlf's universal since I tried to add as many controllable scaleable bones as I could, but like the OG something about scaleable spinal bones breaks head tracking, or the ability of heads to follow the player or other npcs around. Not sure how/why. Anyway, in the ALT folder I have skeletons without the scalable spine bones, so there shouldn't be a head tracking issue.

I wonder if scaling is available on individual axes? In the original, only the full bone can be scaled, I'm interested in individual axes, for example, to scale the hips when the actor is squatting.

Afaik it can only be the full bone that gets scaled, at least as far as it goes with skeletons alone. Hips/pelvis is hard since its considered the base/root for skeletons in Oblivion, if you make it bigger/smaller all other bones are effected and have to be scaled down/up respectively. You might be able to sort of emulate this by using a heavily modded custom skeleton further modified with animations, but I'm not an animator, so I couldn't know to what degree possible there.

There's a readme in Toaster's Skeletal Variation resource that may be helpful, maybe not, I included the link anyway.

36 minutes ago, xartom said:

Afaik it can only be the full bone that gets scaled, at least as far as it goes with skeletons alone. Hips/pelvis is hard since its considered the base/root for skeletons in Oblivion, if you make it bigger/smaller all other bones are effected and have to be scaled down/up respectively. You might be able to sort of emulate this by using a heavily modded custom skeleton further modified with animations, but I'm not an animator, so I couldn't know to what degree possible there.

There's a readme in Toaster's Skeletal Variation resource that may be helpful, maybe not, I included the link anyway.

Dude, you don't get the difference:

Translation, Rot - X.Y.Z separately

Scale -all togethe

22222.jpg

I don't understand what's the point of doing all these bones for the scale if you can't scale separately along the axes?

Edited by TDA

For use in mods that call for them, if any. Only one I can think of immediately is VipCxjs high heel system.  I could have sworn one of the combat mods used scaled bones for decapitations or something instead of using the standard non-playable clothing trick, but I could be remembering wrong.

Beyond that, copy paste bro, I'm not kidding, not exactly the best one to ask, sorry. :/

Edited by xartom

there was this very old mod where you could change the whole body.   One body to rule them all, One body to find them, One body to ... ???

Oh...  A mod with one body that you could scale in game to get the body you wanted.  The breast size could also be changed.

But don't ask me the name of the mod.

• 1 month later...

I tried using the skeletons in the StandardUni folder and was not able to get the vipcxj high heel levels to work.

Edit: Oh I see the skeletons seem to have different feet bones than mine on the right.

How did you go about copying the parts you wanted to your new skeleton?

I just want to copy the collision but haven't been able to find a way to without traversing the messy tree in nifskope or messing things up in blender when I remove the bones and try and have just the collision from the Ragdoll's skeleton to see if I could copy it over to the LAPF skeleton.

Snip.JPG

Snip2.JPG

Edited by Zaragorov

StandardUni folder ? Are you talking about tne Universal skeleton ? Why work with the Universal skeleton ?

The LAPF skeleton is the Universal skeleton  with added butt and penis bones.

So use the LAPF skeleton and add with nifscope the things you want from the ragdoll skeleton.

Check where it is in the ragdoll skeleton and copy it to the same place in the LAPF skeleton.  Most of the bhkCapsuleShape you just replace.

Of course you can copy the LAPF and vipcxj high heel Shoe bones in the ragdoll skeleton if that is less work.

You never copy into the Scene Root

You copy to the bones . And the bhkRagdollConstraint to the bhkRigidBody.

And sometimes you can not copy. If not all linked parts are in the new skeleton or linked numbers are wrong. Then you delete the links in the "Source skeleton" then you can copy the whole collision/ragdoll part in the "target skeleton" and then you fix the links.

Okay. I managed to figure out a way. It was not too bad but I think I'll have to check if anything is broken or if I goofed and made a mistake in my traversing. The Ragdoll's mod just "updates" or "has" new collisions on top of the vanilla skeleton right? So if that's the case all I had to do was copy only the collision cylinders to my skeleton of choice? I copied the cylinder from Ragdoll's to my skeleton on the right. It shows up outside the tree branches. I click on the corresponding collision I want to replace in the render window, it takes me to the exact spot in the tree. I click one line above to see the correct node and replace the number for the linked collision with the number for the copied collision. Then it dumps the old one out of the tree branches. I repeat until I've copied and replaced all the old ones, then I delete the old ones using ctrl + del and run the spells -> sanitize -> reorder blocks and this is what I get.

Edit: Oh no! It has the shapes but the bhkRigidBody and all those bhkWhateverNodes need to have all their values changed to match the Ragdoll's.

Snip 3.JPG

Edited by Zaragorov

You copy paste bones to the rigth bones

The LAPF Bip01 penisroot and the Buttock bones you copy to the Bip01 Pelvis.

And yes you have to check and change a lot of number/values because they are always different in the two skeletons.

This is a 95kb skeleton from the "LAPF - version 1.6a1.7z" + the collisions cylinders from the original ragdoll's mod and most of all the bhk values or numbers copied over to the right bhk collision stuffs... The only thing in my notes here that are different that I haven't figured out why there is a different malleable vs  normal ragdoll constraint for a center torso collision node that is different from the ragdoll's. I did not want to touch it or attempt to change it yet. Other than the flags on the bones being different  on ragdoll's and having skin influence and none on mine for most bones, this is my best effort so far. Tomorrow I'll try to mess with copying the tail bone collisions for the "skeletonbeast" version to match ragdoll's beast version and also attempt to fix the different malleable vs limited hinge constraints later.

skeleton.nif

Edited by Zaragorov
On 8/23/2022 at 5:38 PM, Zaragorov said:

I tried using the skeletons in the StandardUni folder and was not able to get the vipcxj high heel levels to work.

Edit: Oh I see the skeletons seem to have different feet bones than mine on the right.

How did you go about copying the parts you wanted to your new skeleton?

I just want to copy the collision but haven't been able to find a way to without traversing the messy tree in nifskope or messing things up in blender when I remove the bones and try and have just the collision from the Ragdoll's skeleton to see if I could copy it over to the LAPF skeleton.

I just used nifskope, and an older version at that I didn't realize there was a newer one, would have saved me some work.  Just copy and pasted branches over or created scaled bones where there weren't any (or it was being weird) and tried to keep the trees and naming schema similar.

Have noticed something, newer versions of nifskope will copy all nodes of a branch, the older version I was using truncated stuff, I noticed that while realizing I forgot some tit bones on a mudcrab or something equally ridiculous and pointless. I didn't pay attention if the newer one is more apt to save tree structure vs older nifskope since I only used it on like 1 creature skeleton. That's good to know.

I should probably change the naming again, UniversalStandard is just your generic skeleton, Ragdolls +LAPF +whatever other standard bones, but without Total control spinal bones that cause the weird head tracking behavior.

More Edit: Figured something out, so the shoe bones are missing an extra nitransform controller, should be something useful. Shoe bones being foot, shoe and toe afaik.

Even more edit: Figured it out, for v.14 (there's a reason version numbers are low) shoes should be fixed, seems very few of those transforms copied over correctly and a lot of new bone branches didn't stay connected as expected (skeleton I was basing off was missing ReScales didn't help).  I'll cobble this out again when I get a chance, next week is busy for me.

Also figured out the head tracking issue for the total control version seems to be an animations-related error sort of like in the Fallouts, but with so many anims that'd require a user-side batch solution of some type.

Edited by xartom
figured something out, clarifications maybe
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...