Video Card Driver - Problem

After looking at some forum threads about SVhost it appears that is completely normal for Win10 to run soo many of them ><

What...

I bet you have a lot of stuff running in the services though...Not sure we should bother looking at that right now, but maybe another time would be a good idea to get a handle on why its gotta have so many of them.

1 minute ago, Gameplayer said:

After looking at some forum threads about SVhost it appears that is completely normal for Win10 to run soo many of them ><

What...

I bet you have a lot of stuff running in the services though...Not sure we should bother looking at that right now, but maybe another time would be a good idea to get a handle on why its gotta have so many of them.

Oh yep, there are plenty of those. I don't even know what it is ...but they are there even if you install windows 10 from scratch 

5 minutes ago, Sneaksmile said:

My OS hard drive is really clean, most of the content is game recordings. Something similar to what happened to you happened to me ... I lost all the contents of my previous hard drive because I put everything there, everytihng, absolutely everything. That taught me the lesson that I should have multiple hard drives and leave the operating system hard drive ''empty''. That's why I would have no problem reinstalling windows from scratch if that fixes this damn problem. I don't have anything important on that drive (C), but the thing is ... I don't know if that will fix the problem when everything indicates that it is the driver, and then it will happen again anyway even with windows totally clean ... I think so 

Well I will still be here, you go ahead and do what we have outlined above, could entirely fix your problem.

There are even steps to address if it wont work under normal mode, 

Then you go safe mode

And so on.

We can scrutinize the other stuff after ruling out the video driver.

20 minutes ago, Gameplayer said:

Oh Jesus you have a lot of memory going out the window...

><

Ok so with Chrome right that is actually normal.

The crap part of sorting through the task manager is searching every listed item,

image.png

I'm thinking a lot of those might actually be Chrome related "EXTENSIONS"

Found, when you hit those 3 little dots over in the upper right corner, select more tools, extensions

Those can really clutter up your memory whenever the browser for Chrome is open.

However that is really fast to figure out too, because all you have to actually do is just completely shut down Browsers when you want to get an idea of what is going on in processes.

Here is an example of all of my Chrome Extensions by comparison,

image.png

AdBlock, because not getting viruses on a browser is really nice.

Google Docs well its for playing RPG's over Discord with other people using VChat. keep track of char sheets.

But that is it, put a lot of stuff there if its not important toss it out! cause its bloat.

When you shut down Browser, get a peek and take some snaps, so you know what stuff you gotta check to see if its a critical function for win10.

Its kinda of slow process and ya it bites but when you get the hang of it you will run real lite and have a better running computer because you will recognize by sight if a process in your Taskbar should not be there, its great for catching stuff before it becomes an issue.

I only have one extension installed in Chrome .. ''Norton Password Manager'', because I'm really bad at remembering passwords. But if I open several tabs more than 10 for example, that goes totally ''crazy'' with memory, yes I have noticed  

Edited by Sneaksmile

Example of stuff you likely dont need,

CTFmon.exe

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/what-is-ctfmonexe-and-why-is-it-running/

Explains what it is what its used for and steps to end the process from coming up in your taskmanager.

This also free's up ~3,400

Altogether though if you have about X20 of those running that you never use and they just sit there eating up memory and you just dont need them then that is a potential issue depends on how much memory your computer has, most gamers would not usually want to have that stuff running unless they had to have it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ah I found your version of WinDefender,

MSMPengine.exe, wow using 100,000+ megs of memory

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/what-is-msmpeng-exe/

You want to become very familiar with your AV, because during normal gaming a lot of gamers dont even run an AV because it eats resources.  Usually just scheledule times for the AV for when it should be running.

Well I have combed through all the tasks that are in your taskmanager, and jeez I hate Win10 even more than I did a few minutes ago.

It looks pretty darn clean in there though but that is a lot of memory just gone.

The Good News is....You dont have a lot of blootware processes eating up your memory in your taskmanager so that is a really good sign of general computer stability.  Its looking a lot like the video driver is just being difficult to uninstall.

Edited by Gameplayer
1 hour ago, Gameplayer said:

If you have a bunch of bloatware we can start attempting to remove that stuff as well over in 

Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs, <best place to start really just be careful not to remove stuff that is crucial.

Most are games. And what games need ... You know, a lot of ''visual'' ''redistributable'', etc. As it happened to me the thing of the disc that I lost. I try to install only what is totally necessary and only that. I don't see ''garbage'' there in Control Panel. I don't know what to do ... 

Browsers in general have gotten to be crazy about eating up memory over the last couple of years...Just back when Fo4 was out could just listen to a movie and have guide pages opened up in the background with no stutter in Fo4.

No real solution other than get more RAM ><

17 minutes ago, Gameplayer said:

CTFmon.exe

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/what-is-ctfmonexe-and-why-is-it-running/

Explains what it is what its used for and steps to end the process from coming up in your taskmanager.

Altogether though if you have about X20 of those running that you never use and they just sit there eating up memory and you just dont need them then that is a potential issue depends on how much memory your computer has, most gamers would not usually want to have that stuff running unless they had to have it.

You want to become very familiar with your AV, because during normal gaming a lot of gamers dont even run an AV because it eats resources.  Usually just scheledule times for the AV for when it should be running.

Well I have combed through all the tasks that are in your taskmanager, and jeez I hate Win10 even more than I did a few minutes ago.

It looks pretty darn clean in there though but that is a lot of memory just gone.

The Good News is....You dont have a lot of blootware processes eating up your memory in your taskmanager so that is a really good sign of general computer stability.  Its looking a lot like the video driver is just being difficult to uninstall.

I remember that when I was going to ''switch'' to windows 10 because windows update kept asking me a lot, as now it wants me to ''switch'' to windows 11 ... I read about that, about the excessive memory consumption that is natural in this OS. It seems that this OS does it to avoid another type of thing that was exhausting in windows 8, or something like that, but I don't remember exactly what it was   

Edited by Sneaksmile
19 minutes ago, Gameplayer said:

CTFmon.exe

Cool! So I only need to stop that process which has a little icon of book. 

You mean I should stop the antivirus when playing games? Isn't that dangerous? 

I used Norton before but damn ... it slowed down the whole PC in general, and Defender doesn't. At least I don't feel that  

25 minutes ago, Gameplayer said:

Well get on with it then, uninstall the video driver with your manufacturers software you downloaded and then install the new driver!

I know it takes like 10 minutes.

Well that's what I always do but maybe the ''trick'' is to do everything in safe mode? Okay ..  I will try it. and see if it works. Thanks  

13 minutes ago, Sneaksmile said:

Cool! So I only need to stop that process which has a little icon of book. 

You mean I should stop the antivirus when playing games? Isn't that dangerous? 

I used Norton before but damn ... it slowed down the whole PC in general, and Defender doesn't. At least I don't feel that  

Its up to you, I use Adblock as my protection online and then I scheledule either Windefender or scheledule MalwareBytes.

When playing games though your not on the internet and your not installing files from the internet when your actually in a video game.

Only a few times when you are exposed to actually getting a virus is when surfing watching commercails on random websites that you cant actually stop or shut down. 

When downloading files, when installing files from the internet.

Its actually pretty easy to minimize the chances of getting a virus.

I was concerned earlier if it was not your video driver we would find that you had a whole bunch of bogus acceleration bloatware, I have had friends with so much bloat on their machine it was like OMG what is all this stuff.

Heck my pop still insists that I download and use CCleaner ><

Dont need it.

Alright so viruses right?

Virus, has to get its information onto your computer somehow,

So how does info get on there?

Email, <---common

Random Video's running on websites <---happens more than people like to think

Downloads

1) most common is bloatware that comes with convincing message that it helps your pc, heck some of them are even sold over the counter.

.......Mcaffee antivirus caugh caugh, Mcaffee even came out about it himself on Alt Media about how he spied on politicians before he got wacked caugh cuagh.

2) Software packs that are forced up to the top of search engines aka Google search cause you know they love your money and want to justify an antivirus program by fucking you over by putting somebody elses bloatware pack containing say 7ZIP which is officially freeware I am or was a buddy of a guy that actually personally knew a lot of the big free ware guys.  Companies like to package viruses with these and bloatware then they try to convince you well you can not install 7ZIP without our other stuff >< yikes.

3) Download games that are eh stolen right

4) Mods < almost never happens

Edited by Gameplayer
30 minutes ago, Gameplayer said:

Well get on with it then, uninstall the video driver with your manufacturers software you downloaded and then install the new driver!

I know it takes like 10 minutes.

And what happens if I do not use any AMD driver? That is ... if I just let the 'Microsoft Basic Adapter' in the Display Adapters slot in Device Manager. That's bad?  

8 minutes ago, Sneaksmile said:

And what happens if I do not use any AMD driver? That is ... if I just let the 'Microsoft Basic Adapter' in the Display Adapters slot in Device Manager. That's bad?  

Yup it will be crap...Probably will cause more of the same issue than help it.

I ran for about a year with a windows compatibility driver for my Motherboard and ouch it was black screens at random had to force power down the machine at least 2 or 3 times a day sometimes.

20 minutes ago, Gameplayer said:

Its up to you, I use Adblock as my protection online and then I scheledule either Windefender or scheledule MalwareBytes.

When playing games though your not on the internet and your not installing files from the internet when your actually in a video game.

Only a few times when you are exposed to actually getting a virus is when surfing watching commercails on random websites that you cant actually stop or shut down. 

I was concerned earlier if it was not your video driver we would find that you had a whole bunch of bogus acceleration bloatware, I have had friends with so much bloat on their machine it was like OMG what is all this stuff.

Dont need it.

Email, <---common

Downloads

1) most common is bloatware that comes with convincing message that it helps your pc, heck some of them are even sold over the counter.

.......Mcaffee antivirus caugh caugh, Mcaffee even came out about it himself on Alt Media about how he spied on politicians before he got wacked caugh cuagh.

2) Software packs that are forced up to the top of search engines aka Google search cause you know they love your money and want to justify an antivirus program by fucking you over by putting somebody elses bloatware pack containing say 7ZIP which is officially freeware I am or was a buddy of a guy that actually personally knew a lot of the big free ware guys.  Companies like to package viruses with these and bloatware then they try to convince you well you can not install 7ZIP without our other stuff >< yikes.

What I could do is disconnect me from the web (Wi-Fi) while playing. So it's safe that way. Nope?

But I think it's not possible to do it on Steam or yes? 

I use this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/residentevil5goldedition/mods/2?tab=posts&BH=0

Many say that it is a virus, a trojan ... and Virus Total page marks it as very fucking dirty. But I think it's a ''hacktool'' and that's not really dangerous. Or is it?  

Edited by Sneaksmile
31 minutes ago, Gameplayer said:

Dont need it.

Email, <---common

Downloads

And how much does 80mb affect a game? That's just what the antivirus (Defender) consumes, right? That affects a lot? for example .. in a game like 'GTA V' that consumes not much memory  

Edited by Sneaksmile
7 minutes ago, Sneaksmile said:

What I could do is disconnect me from the web (Wi-Fi) while playing. So it's safe that way. Nope?

But I think it's not possible to do it on Steam or yes? 

I use this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/residentevil5goldedition/mods/2?tab=posts&BH=0

Many say that it is a virus, a trojan ... and Virus Total page marks it as very fucking dirty. But I think it's a ''hacktool'' and that's not really dangerous. Or is it?  

I would not worry about getting a virus on Steam, would be horrible for their business if that happened there.

I got no idea if your mod is a virus, but honestly most viruses are basically either government or corporate sponsored...See what I said about Mcafee above the guy was literally wacked for spying on US politicians after he fled to a nation without extradition.

Yes its possible for regular old you and I to get a virus and I said all the situations where that will likely happen, knowing when you are vulnerable is part of how to prevent them.

By default all exe's that are not used by a critical mass of people are always labeled as virus by all virus checkers...Same with .dll and a few other extensions.

If you had say Nortan Anti-Virus well you will never have fun modding games again, because its the Nazi-Hitler version of AV.

9 minutes ago, Sneaksmile said:

And how much does 80mb affect a game? That's just what the antivirus (Defender) consumes, right? That affect a lot? for example .. in a game like 'GTA V' that consumes not much memory  

If you have enough memory to burn you wont even notice.  It all depends on how much overhead in RAM you have to buffer between your game and to handle the background process if the budget gets tight that is when most gamers start shutting stuff down.

Processes like an AV and well now web browsers even they just use more and more of your available pool of RAM when they run their processes, its part of how the industry forces people to spend more money on upgrades.

That program is using 80Kb at rest in idle position it goes up higher than that for sure.  I only just read about it a little while ago but it probably can use up to a Gig when its doing a scan.

Edited by Gameplayer
19 minutes ago, Gameplayer said:

Yup it will be crap...Probably will cause more of the same issue than help it.

I ran for about a year with a windows compatibility driver for my Motherboard and ouch it was black screens at random had to force power down the machine at least 2 or 3 times a day sometimes.

Oh! Dang ... and I thought that in this way without an AMD driver it would be stable  lol 

Do you think it could be a motherboard problem? Incredibly ... I haven't changed it. I have Updated almost everything (video card, processor, fans, RAM) ... except that and the power supply because both things still working great 

9 minutes ago, Sneaksmile said:

A guy on the Microsoft forum told me that maybe the power supply might not be supporting the monitor or the video card and that's why sometimes there is no image. But, that would have happened right away and not after a year. Nope?  

Possible but we should rule out the Driver, 

Have you finally uninstalled?

Reinstalled,

Played some before it then does the whole blackscreen again?

Then try the Safe Mode route.

As far as PSU, your power supply unit.

Well about all we can do now,

Is tally up your power requirement, and look at the unit see what its rated for....If your Watts is under the limit needed by your parts then heck its already having trouble powering your equipment.

IF its too close well no one wants the max amount of the PSU to be close to the requirements, we prefer having excess power than required for gaming, does not have to be a lot can be ~200 Watts more.

Usually when its a PSU there are signs like, how it smells, how hot its getting, and sure sometimes you lose screen or graphics.

Bad PSU will smell like burnt plastic...

It can get real hot in there its measurable and the computer will shut itself down.

I've burned out at least 2 PSU's on this SR-2 MOBO haha, so I know about power failure.

Edited by Gameplayer
22 minutes ago, Gameplayer said:

I would not worry about getting a virus on Steam, would be horrible for their business if that happened there.

I got no idea if your mod is a virus, but honestly most viruses are basically either government or corporate sponsored...See what I said about Mcafee above the guy was literally wacked for spying on US politicians after he fled to a nation without extradition.

Yes its possible for regular old you and I to get a virus and I said all the situations where that will likely happen, knowing when you are vulnerable is part of how to prevent them.

By default all exe's that are not used by a critical mass of people are always labeled as virus by all virus checkers...Same with .dll and a few other extensions.

If you had say Nortan Anti-Virus well you will never have fun modding games again, because its the Nazi-Hitler version of AV.

I bought the Norton subscription for a year but it was unbearable, it's obviously just doing its job ...but the computer was very slow in general and yes, with Norton AV almost anything is marked as a dangerous virus 

6 minutes ago, Gameplayer said:

Possible but we should rule out the Driver, 

Have you finally uninstalled?

Reinstalled,

Played some before it then does the whole blackscreen again?

Then try the Safe Mode route.

As far as PSU, your power supply unit.

Well about all we can do now,

Is tally up your power requirement, and look at the unit see what its rated for....If your Watts is under the limit needed by your parts then heck its already having trouble powering your equipment.

IF its too close well no one wants the max amount of the PSU to be close to the requirements, we prefer having excess power than required for gaming, does not have to be a lot can be ~200 Watts more.

Usually when its a PSU there are signs like, how it smells, how hot its getting, and sure sometimes you lose screen or graphics.

Bad PSU will smell like burnt plastic...

It can get real hot in there its measurable and the computer will shut itself down.

I've burned out at least 2 PSU's on this SR-2 MOBO haha, so I know about power failure.

I already uninstalled the driver, I just need to install it in safe mode. But hell, I'm scared, if it doesn't work what the hell am I going to do? Should I call a professional technician? I don't think it's that serious

No, the power supply is always lukewarm, doesn't smell like anything lol ... I guess that's normal. If it overheats, does that mean that it is not supporting everything connected to it? 

The monitor sometimes flickers but only when I move the furniture a lot while typing. I think that is the cable, but when I say ''sometimes'' I mean every 5 months or something similar and only for one or two seconds.