Proposition to De-Privatize the Rigs used in most Animations and CAS Parts

so this is all about:

somebody created something, using stuff from others and sells the complete package to everybody and even gives it out for free.

Now somebody says: "you need to make every single part of your creation for free to use for everybody, because we want to. just make it open source and just lose your income, because then everybody else can recreate what you did" :D :D :D :D :D

nice, really nice idea :D

just imagine someone going to Sony and tell them, "hey, make every single piece of the PS5 available for everybody and oh good luck in selling it" :D

I am out here, this Kindergarden is just too stupid to keep up with "I can't do it, but he can. He is stupid, because he does not show me - mommy!!!"

Edited by thaclone
11 minutes ago, thaclone said:

so this is all about:

somebody created something, using stuff from others and sells the complete package to everybody and even gives it out for free.

Now somebody says: "you need to make every single part of your creation for free to use for everybody, because we want to. just make it open source and just lose your income, because then everybody else can recreate what you did" :D :D :D :D :D

nice, really nice idea :D

just imagine someone going to Sony and tell them, "hey, make every single piece of the PS5 available for everybody and oh good luck in selling it" :D

I am out here, this Kindergarden is just too stupid to keep up with "I can't do it, but he can. He is stupid, because he does not show me - mommy!!!"

you clearly don't understand this case and people's serious explanation and discussion so why bother and derail this thread? do you have nothing better to do?

On 6/25/2022 at 9:32 AM, thaclone said:

You imagine wrong. It's more like Sony imposing games compagny to use only RPGM 2003 for creating content running on their system, then recentyl imposing suddently to use RPGM XP.

It looks like Colonutty has in its agenda to allow DD using multiple rigs and it looks like he wanted a common reflexion with WW and animators on the matter.

Edited by Gambit

@Gambit...you're correct. My post was out of context with the theme of this discussion. No matter what I think of Colonel Nutty, the post was wrong and unfair. I have deleted the post in question.

Edited by Winter Soul
On 6/25/2022 at 9:32 AM, thaclone said:

"you need to make every single part of your creation for free to use for everybody, because we want to. just make it open source and just lose your income, because then everybody else can recreate what you did"

A good transcript of the EA TOS.

Usually created things are copyright protected and it's not enough to add a a dot to a painting, a comment or new line of code, or a tune to a song to become the new author of this really new and copyright protected material. EA allows users to use TS4 content after accepting the TOS. Each released rig has it's copyright while the license is obviously defined in the EA TOS.
If a user adds IK bones and physics to the Blender rig for its own personal use it's fine. While sharing such rigs with others improved many animations in the past.

If one does not like the EA TOS there are many other content platforms which allow to sell custom creations - which are created from scratch and do not contain other copyright protected material. So I don't expect that one wants to sell the TS4 rig on renderosity or other platforms.

This post started with a good idea for making a more user/creator friendly and free choice and become to a discussion who belongs the rigs and the rights of use.

Turbodriver shares the rigs in his animation tutorial. So anybody can do what ever he want whit it. He don't need to liberate the rig and given free because ColonolNutty want, he already is give it or else anybody couldn't make animations.

The point is if Turbodriver add a code to WW to not be restrictet to that specific rig and the community makes a standard to identify old, new, and future rigs I shouldn't have to track down old CC because the WW rigs changed and opens the opportunity to other people to modify the rigs to add wings, tails or whatever needs.

Edited by furel
On 6/28/2022 at 6:04 PM, Budders said:

As mentioned by other people the rigs are made public. :/ It feels like this thread is more for making Turbo to seem like a villain. 

The troll and the haters were more WW side. It's sade, because this thread was interesting. I'm not sure who really win and what as conclusion.

Edited by Gambit
On 6/24/2022 at 11:10 PM, HeWhoCannotBeNamed said:

No, it would still be a single rig. The mods themselves will check for the bones the loaded CAS Parts and Animations specify that they need. WW won't need to complain about "rig conflict" anymore because the CAS Parts and Animations it makes available work with the rig you have installed.

For example, if I installed one of Noir's Penises that uses the Penis tip bones and I have the rig installed that includes all of the penis tip bones, then WW will show it.
If I installed one of Noir's Penises that uses the Penis tip bones and I have a rig installed that DOES NOT have the penis tip bones, then WW will not show it.

The idea is for the mods to check the rigs for the bones themselves, leaving it to the player to decide which Rig to use.

so is it one rig, or more than one rig ?

On 6/24/2022 at 11:10 PM, HeWhoCannotBeNamed said:

Again, WW has the capacity to check for bones and prevent CAS Parts and Animations from showing, if bones do not exist that they require. Same with any other mod that utilizes custom rigs.

Turbodriver did not make the rigs, so this point doesn't work.

in WW mod, there are already 15 custom bones.

so if the rig are available as separately from WW mod, what are you going to? add another custom bone to it?

As someone who knows fuck all about rigs and how they work, I'm glad it's all just in the mod. There are a lot of people a lot more dumb than I am who would definitely just break the whole game with having too many things installed. They already have to provide step by step instructions just to put WW in your mods folder, even a full video in the download, you think most people are going to be able to handle multiple different rigs? People are going to end up not downloading the correct rigs, putting them in the wrong places, I know personally with my excessive package merging I'd end up merging the files in ways that completely break everything. It seems like all the animators and CC creators are using the same rig anyways, or a version of it? So I don't see what the big deal is.

Besides, wouldn't it be up to the animators who give Turbo their rigs (or however that works this thread keeps saying different things about how it) to decide if they want to make them publicly available or not? If they chose to just have it incorporated as part of WW rather than public that's their choice. And a lot already have them available for download as it is (which usually ends up with me accidentally downloading them and confused on if I need to put them somewhere).

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I like things the way they are, it's much more user friendly as far as I can tell. And the less files in my mod folder the happier my laptop is.

There is a small difference between sim rigs and Blender rigs. Blender rigs usually have a control rig to make posing more easy and they have physics for the breast, penis and butt bones.

I don't think that the Blender rigs are generally available and every new animator may need to figure out where to find such a rig or spend some hours to add these things to the rig imported form S4S.

Different meshes are available for download from various authors and one may want to choose one to optimize the animation for it. There are not so many differences and one may even use the vanilla EA mesh.

• 2 months later...

I been playing the sims for 10 years and never knew about the nasty stuff until about a year ago. Im spending do much money on pateron and then i go play one day and everything was messed up! I never heard of DD until now. I see all the same fetish things on here. Its a great game why cant we just have fun>  Because I almost quit I dont want to check all these files.