I'm essentially having my hiyoko run around with me (she is still age 1). I artificially used the console to set her speed to match my character so she can keep up. However, the second combat starts, she runs off and doesn't stop running. Since I have set her with a very high speed, she rockets off when even a mudcrab attacks. I ran GetActorValue Confidence and saw that she has 0 confidence, and I guess it makes sense for a 1 y.o child, but its really annoying since I have to stand and wait for her to come running back once combat finishes. I tried running SetActorValue Confidence 100 but that only lasts till combat starts. Once started, it resets to 0 and she flees.

So is there some way I can fix this? Even if she doesn't fight with me and just stands there instead, that would be fine by me. I checked the ini's but there didn't seem to be an option there. 

P.S: I wouldn't mind messing around with the construction set if someone can point me in the right direction. What should I load and where can I find the object of the hiyoko? Its not in the Oblivion esm, is it in the HiyokoClub.esm, tamagoClub.esm, HiyokoGenetics.esm, or HiyokoGenerator.esm, or something else entirely?

Edited by prob123

I found 'set' commands to be fairly useless in many aspects.  SetDisposition player 100 is a waste.  ModDisposition player 100 works like a charm (but a cheat).

There are two  types of Generators, the MBP and the NoMBP.  The Hiyoko in the MBP version have traditionally had 20 Confidence, this because a grownup like Calandil of the Mystic Emporium (grown up as he is) has a 50 Confidence.  Meanwhile, the NoMBP version just copies one of the two parents and goes and changes their eyes and hair and name.

So my bet is on HiyokoGenetics.  Um, it's not an .esm.  :D Also, it (like my new LoversHiyokoClub) is not an absolute required plug-in and can run without it.  The premise behind HiyokoGenetics is to take the traits of the parents (Strength, Confidence, etc), and come up with a value for the Hiyoko when borne.  I am thinking that I need to look into that feature.  My dabbling with the system was to make a more manageable hiyoko data screen (the original just did not page the data properly).  So this might be time to look and see what may need repair.

Thanks for the reply Ducky. I ended up creating a new spell in the construction set to cast a calm spell and set confidence to 100. That seems to do the trick but the hiyokos confidence only lasts for that encounter. I have set the spell duration to 999999999 but that doesn't seem to matter. This means that the next time combat starts, I have to cast the spell again. I made this easier by setting the spell area to 50 so I can just cast in the general direction and expect it to work, but its still a little tedious.

If you have any suggestions of making this better, feel free to let me know. I don't know much of anything about Oblivion modding, so any references and guides you may use would be much appreciated. For example, I use calm because for some reason I can say "pme calm 100" and have the calm spell casted but can't say "pme rally" because it says that "rally" doesn't exist as a magic effect. Its a shame since rally would do a much better job since the rally spell is specially designed to stop people fleeing. Naturally this is all due to my lack of knowledge, so some input from an expert such as yourself would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Do you, perchance, have HiyokoGrow?

Part of HiyokoGrow's system (before even I began working on a version) took parent's AI settings and calculated variations of Energy, Confidence... etc.. and attempted to reduce them/scale them based on age.  Boy, did I see some funky results.

SO... I set up (in a preliminary stage) a set of MINIMUM values.    Take a look.

HowAmINow.jpg

Yeah, I did a number on THOSE minimums.  I set minimums for three values to 500???  It works.  And the HiyokoGenetics spell can read that data.

Okay, here's the deal.

HiyokoGenetics is optional.  It has the above visual spell so you can read a Hiyoko's stats.  And it has a system that attempts to take parental data and give your hiyoko appropriate stats based on both.

HiyokoGrow (OBVIOUSLY optional), also has features to handle the control of a Hiyoko's stats.,..  if they are turned ON in the INI file.  The Stat control systems within Grow are fixed.  That is to say, it looks at the parent's stats... and every test cycle, the new 'stats' are calculated and set..... until adult.  You can turn on/off this feature for Attributes (Strength, Intelligence), and you can turn on/off this feature for AI options (Confidence, Energy).

Fixing up the minimums in the Attributes is being more of a headache, even though the code should be similar.  But, I do intend to release an update to HiyokoGrow.  And after that, I will be working on giving a set of minimums to HiyokoGenetics to match.  I mean, why should one have minimums and not another, right?

OH, one other factor.  LoversHiyokoShooter does influence some AI stats, reducing aggression and increasing responsibility on birth.  Nothing to reduce energy.

Just be ready for an update.

500 Responsibity !?  They will attack me even with aggession 5  :classic_laugh:

The more responsibility the more they hate people with high infamy.  And I have 153 infamy.  Guards insult me if I just get near them.

And 500 is not 500 ! It is 244

Because 255 is max , with almost everything in the game ( active esm/esp, Skills, Values, teddies, aggession, ...   *  )

After 255 comes 0 the starts with 1 again

SetAV Confidence 256  = 0 ( use in game "GetAV Confidence " and you will see it is 0 )

SetAV Confidence 500 = 244  ( 255  then 0  then 244 remain )

Spoiler

SetAV Confidence 500   and the result

ScreenShot91.jpg

And set Confidence to 100 is enough. 100% change that the NPC does not flee

from https://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php?title=Confidence

Confidence determines what % of health an actor must lose before fleeing in combat.

An aggressive actor with 0 confidence will flee immediately upon entering combat. Deer are a good example of this behavior.

or

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Confidence

A hostile actor with 0 Confidence will flee immediately upon entering combat. Deer are a good example of this behavior; they have 0 Confidence but 100 Aggession causing them to attack the player on sight but immediately flee, thereby emulating the appearance of being startled. An actor with 100 Confidence will never flee.

-------------------------------

* not sure with the teddies.   And disposition max is 100, can be set to 255.

:P  :wacko:  :cool:  :lol:  :cool:  :wacko:  :P  :wacko:  :cool:  :lol:  :cool:  :wacko:  :P  :wacko:  :cool:  :lol:  :cool:  :wacko:  :P  :wacko:  :cool:  :lol:  :cool:  :wacko:  :P

THAT WAS AN EXAMPLE!!!!  ROFL!

:P  :wacko:  :cool:  :lol:  :cool:  :wacko:  :P  :wacko:  :cool:  :lol:  :cool:  :wacko:  :P  :wacko:  :cool:  :lol:  :cool:  :wacko:  :P  :wacko:  :cool:  :lol:  :cool:  :wacko:  :P

And so editable in the INI file that will be in the next update.

1 hour ago, fejeena said:

Guards insult me if I just get near them.

Insult ya?  Whatchu do?  Boff Martin until his little man broke off?

Then mention in the ini that the max is 255.

If people set it to 300 they get 44 in game.

That reminds me of a speed problem I once had.  A Mod item with +100 speed (yes that is cheeting) another item with +20 speed and I play with uncapper and had about 140 speed with level above 50.

The result was that I was slower than in level 1 

140+100+20 = 260     -255 and the 0   = speed is 4.   It's very frustrating when a mud crab overtakes you.  :classic_sad:

EDIT:

Two mudcrabs

crab 1 : "I saw a human a couple of days ago. Ugly tall animals."

crab 2 : "Well, at least they're slow, and not too bright. And their meat is rather tasty."

----------

And the guard insults are the vaniila ones.

Go on, worthless filth.

Move, scum.

Edited by fejeena

@LongDukDong Thanks for the input. Yes I do have all the mods you listed above and I tried changing the HiyokoGrow.ini. However, this didn't change anything since I guess this changes levels as the child grows. However, in my case, the child has her confidence go from 100 to 0 in seconds (and not when she grows). Anyways, its manageable with the spell although I have to keep casting it all the time. Still, not too bad. Closed an oblivion gate with her yesterday so things are looking up :)

2 minutes ago, prob123 said:

However, this didn't change anything since I guess this changes levels as the child grows.

Yeah.  Pretty much will work once certain things cycle through, which is why the bump within HiyokoGrow recommended a fresh game.  Unfortunately, that means fresh hiyoko... UNLESS you instead opt to just disable the features in the INI.  Then the stats will no longer be in-game adjusted and controlled.  And yep, they've been there in the INI file all this time.

set hcgrow.disableAttributes to 0

set hcgrow.disableAIData to 0

set hcgrow.disableDisposition to 0   <--- this one, you prolly don't need to worry about :P

Today, I will be focusing upon the Tamago/Hiyoko Set (I think), to add said limits and INI settings within HiyokoGenetics since it affords the same options... Though HiyokoGrow would naturally overwrite this by its own routines.  And I may add a subtle 'touch' to the Genetics spell while within debug mode.  Fun stuff.  BUT...  it'll be a little while.