Game crashing on Directx

Hello! After some Windows 11 update, the game stopped working on Directx. Opengl works fine. I reinstalled everything, updated drivers, nothing helped. The game window with a black screen opens and after a while it simply turns off. What could be the reason? I am completely green so if I have to show something please specify what it is. Please help.

8 hours ago, OysterMug said:

More info. When you say "simply turns off", what are you referring too?

Sounds more like a driver issue. What video card do you have?

Is this with Hook or w/o? And if so, which version?

After turning on TK17-114.001.exe in the Binaries folder, the game window with options, start, etc. is launched. The options include render type - DirectX and OpenGL. After the start I see a black window with the game and that's it, after a while it turns off. I'm using GeForce GTX 1050. The drivers are up-to-date. Before, everything was working normally. Yes, this is the Hook version, I'm not sure what exactly. I've had it for quite a long time. Specifically, it is Tk17 3D SexVilla V3.0 FINAL Psychonaut.

14 hours ago, Damianuss said:

After turning on TK17-114.001.exe in the Binaries folder, the game window with options, start, etc. is launched. The options include render type - DirectX and OpenGL. After the start I see a black window with the game and that's it, after a while it turns off. I'm using GeForce GTX 1050. The drivers are up-to-date. Before, everything was working normally. Yes, this is the Hook version, I'm not sure what exactly. I've had it for quite a long time. Specifically, it is Tk17 3D SexVilla V3.0 FINAL Psychonaut.

Your game seems to be a repack.We cant support repacks cause only the creator of the repack knows what is in there.Most repacks are heavyly modified and that can cause many issues.Do a clean install and see if it runs with win11.

Also you can try to deactivate all installed mods and reactivate one by one to see if one of the mods causes that issue.My advice is to never use a repack if you dont know whats in there or have access to the creator.Btw.You dont need to invert your post.Even if im 59,im able to read normal letters.

16 hours ago, Damianuss said:

Version "114" is old TK17 v7.5. You really should be using VX unless you have a very good reason to still be using 7.5.

If you are using a "repack" and did not install TK17 using the original Installer, then you are pretty much on your own.

Also, you should not launch ("turn on") using the "TK17-114.001.exe". You should always use "TK17_Launcher.exe".

The "render types DirectX and OpenGL" are the two modes you can use. "Hook" only works in DirectX Mode. To rule out Hook as the cause of your problem, select OpenGL Mode. If the program does not crash, you have a problem with either your DirectX installation or Hook setup.

• 1 month later...

@Damianuss You might check if you have installed the files necessary for hook5 to work. Windows 10 and up are both missing files for older version of DirectX. Both versions feature a compatibility layer for older DirectX versions, so you might want to install this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 and this https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=26999 first and try to launch the game. If that doesn't work I would check if the game executable is blocked by windows build in antivirus, firewall and malware tools. If that is the case, you should add the executable to the exclusion list in windows security dashboard or whatever fancy name they have given it in window 11.