SexLabUtil Outdated or Missing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 6:09 PM, saviliana said:

Use AE version of SL, you have use steam updated to AE version of SSE.

Hi there, I also have the same issue, so it is because I didn't bought AE and I'm still on the SE version ?

Edited by Hazraogh6
7 minutes ago, Hazraogh6 said:

Hi there, I also have the same issue, so it is because I didn't bought AE and I'm still on the SE version ?

If you bought Skyrim SE on Steam and its files are up to date, you indeed are using AE.

Even if you didn't buy the Anniversay Edition for the additional content, your game and its engine got updated and some free stuff (like a Survival Mode). That version of the SE Anniversay Update normally is still called AE, as it has the same engine upgrade as the buyable variant and as such, it has the same compatibility problems, too.

If you want to make sure: open your game installation folder, right-click on SkyrimSE.exe, choose "Properties"(? My OS isn't English) and switch to the "Details" tab.

There you should find a "Product version", if thats 1.6.x, then you're using the AE version, even if you didn't buy anything

23 minutes ago, Mister X said:

If you bought Skyrim SE on Steam and its files are up to date, you indeed are using AE.

Even if you didn't buy the Anniversay Edition for the additional content, your game and its engine got updated and some free stuff (like a Survival Mode). That version of the SE Anniversay Update normally is still called AE, as it has the same engine upgrade as the buyable variant and as such, it has the same compatibility problems, too.

If you want to make sure: open your game installation folder, right-click on SkyrimSE.exe, choose "Properties"(? My OS isn't English) and switch to the "Details" tab.

There you should find a "Product version", if thats 1.6.x, then you're using the AE version, even if you didn't buy anything

Yes, you are right, I got it. Mhmlmm but why it doesn"t works, then ? I even tried the previous version of SL but nothing, same message all the time, like the SexLabUtil weren't there. Any idea ?

I also have an error when I launch SKSE :

"DLL plugins you have installed require a new version of the adress library. Either this a new instal or skyrim was just updated. visit the adress library webpage for updates."

Which I did and I downloaded the AE version there and still have the issue, maybe it is because of that, also ? : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32444

Edited by Hazraogh6

Yes I have this one, that's what's actually weird ! :D I re- installed it many times and still the same. Really strange.

Just came back to modding after a few years, what a nice "welcome back" from Skyrim haha

I really don't know how it is happening. Same for the SKSE error, since AE is out, I got a lot of troubles. I installed the gamel yesterday, so I didn't even made the update, but still. Is there some specific things to install or do, a bugfix or whatever to put into the AE version to make it work ?

There's definitly something wrong but I have no idea about what it could be.

Edited by Hazraogh6
7 hours ago, Hazraogh6 said:

Yes I have this one, that's what's actually weird ! :D I re- installed it many times and still the same. Really strange.

Just came back to modding after a few years, what a nice "welcome back" from Skyrim haha

I really don't know how it is happening. Same for the SKSE error, since AE is out, I got a lot of troubles. I installed the gamel yesterday, so I didn't even made the update, but still. Is there some specific things to install or do, a bugfix or whatever to put into the AE version to make it work ?

There's definitly something wrong but I have no idea about what it could be.

Make sure you have the correct SKSE version. For AE it's SKSE 2.1.5

Edited by Jgoftl

UPDATE

It works, well, my sincere apologies guys, I had the adress library ( SKSE/Plugins) in my root folder of the game, not in Data as it should be xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Now it works perfectly ! Sorry ^^ I think it's great time to start modding again, feels good to come back haha,

@Jgoftl @Mister X  Thanks for your help guys :)

On 5/4/2022 at 4:16 PM, Hazraogh6 said:

No matter if the title of skyrim is special edition or anniversary edition , if you are on steam version and you are up to date, it is AE.