technical spoiler required for "Missing in Action" thorvald

so I got in to thorvald's prison but was too weak to kill the interrogator, so I got captured and let him have his wicked way, then A<>D resist/recover, ran to thorvald before interrogator could aggro again, then teleported us both out using amulet of divine intervention

which seemed to me to be a smort roleplay kind of solution

trouble is the journal keeps saying I need to get him to safety and I am thinking that the game changes the quest stage on a trigger at the prison door or smth

is that right , does me teleporting away mean the quest triggers will not progress, and can I just do the quest stage in console is that safe?? 

(unrelated side thought also I now want a mod where higher status and interrogator type npc dont just shag you on the spot but always do more elaborate things, like using dungeon furniture, have their servants wash oil you and and bring to their chambers, that sortof thing)

yes. He talks to you once you've left the prison. Never tried teleporting him (clever boy) . Maybe boost up, FT back there (with him in tow), kill whomever is still a threat, and see if that'll solve the issue

Otherwise, I'd suggest either overstepping the quest via console OR (better imo) opening a save from before you attempted the rescue and try again

Edited by anjenthedog
added clarfication