Mouse, oh my.....

Here is my problem.

I have a Logitech G203 mouse. Very nice indeed. Except that the switches are very sensitive.
It may sound a little silly, but my middle finger (the bad one) triggers the left switch very so often. This is actually annoying as i do not want to press it.
So i researched a little and i seen that you can buy switches for a mouse.
But i do not want to mechanically alter the mouse really. Plastic, break...

So i wonder if there is a mouse that has near silent switches though still require force to press. So that i do not have that problem of "accidentally" pressing the switch.

Or did someone replace their switches on the mouse?

Do you really want to mechanically alter a mouse?

Sure, you can alter it and replace the click switches with soft switches, maybe with a very little raised rubber (half a millimeter) to avoid easy clicks.

But do it only if you feel comfortable and you know what you are doing.

The final effort is huge for the advantages.

I will probably just buy a $10 soft click mouse.

I can try the rubber thingy. That seems cheap enough.

The switch change may be an option. I actually wasn't aware that this is even possible.

And i know nothing about mice switches. If i knew a mouse that has quiet switches but are harder to press, that would be ideal.

• 2 weeks later...

Mmm. I do not think that will work. But i know that the mouse i use for my job, i do not have the problem there. The Logitech mouse i have for myself i chose because its quiet. But the buttons are very sensitive. So a slight touch will trigger the switch and boom... This is mostly annoying for selecting files. So i think i will just change the mouse. I keep this one as my backup.