[Request!] Pandaren Race compatible with CBBE

Hey any enterprising modders!

Now, I know this seems like a strange request (But with this site, strange is normal xD) but I would love to see a mod that introduced a pandaren race into skyrim.  And, copy write infringements should not apply if my understanding of it is accurate since the modder wouldnt be making the mod for money.  If anyone decides to take up the project I would love to help in anyway that I can but unfortunately I have no talent with modding or else I would try it myself!  

Thank you whoever takes the time to read this!

well, how to say that, pandaren are a race from wow, with their own animation and skeleton that correspond to their background and concept. adding them with actual available body models in skyrim would look kinda ridiculous( imagine a fat pandaren head on a body-builded body...)
it would be eventually nice to create a custom body for them, but it would take a lot of time, and i'm not sure if lots of people would like enough the idea.

I'm afraid that I'm with dino on this one I left WOW not long after cataclysm came out and once they came out with the kung fu panda's I gave up on ever going back to WOW.

Please leave WOW races where they belong and out of Skyrim.

Oh god.. no... I left World of Warcraft because it became World of KungFu Panda..... Leave the Panda in WoW..

Thank the maker that Skyrim is a Single Player game then......

Well now, this forum is turning into it's own little Nexus (with a bit of the Blizzard general forums mixed in).

Nexus's issue with such a thing would be that the materials to make the race is copyrighted. I couldn't give two shits about the copyright issues with adding this race to Skyrim as a mod. My issue is that the race itself is rather stupid hence why I gave up totally on WOW when they brought them out.

Nexus's issue with such a thing would be that the materials to make the race is copyrighted. I couldn't give two shits about the copyright issues with adding this race to Skyrim as a mod. My issue is that the race itself is rather stupid hence why I gave up totally on WOW when they brought them out.

Those six words pretty much sum up why I gave up on the nexus (that, and a small disagreement with AlienSlof). The owner is about the only person in that "community" who cares about copyright. For all the rest of them, it's about making sure that their opinion on every single matter is regarded as or above law.

Some of the most influential members, of several communities I've been a part of, have been tossed out on their asses because of this mindset: A small group of well known people knock down the accomplishments or requests of their victim based on their own personal preference, and in  the most condescending and hostile manner they can conjure. A mob of mindless sheep follow suit, harassing and beating down the protests of their leader's target until they disappear.

The condescending tone of your replies has the same stink as the ones that pushed Red Rosie out of the Souls community, and turned Slof into the overly aggressive bitch that she is today.

Oh god.. no... I left World of Warcraft because it became World of KungFu Panda..... Leave the Panda in WoW..

Thank the maker that Skyrim is a Single Player game then......

I'm afraid that I'm with dino on this one I left WOW not long after cataclysm came out and once they came out with the kung fu panda's I gave up on ever going back to WOW.

Please leave WOW races where they belong and out of Skyrim.

I'm all for new races in Skyrim especially beast races but I prefer they be unique races created specifically for Skyrim not knockoffs or carbon copies of races from other games.

The Pandaren race was in the original Warcraft games. 1-3. In fact some decorated heroes were Pandaren. You even meet some, one was in WoW before the update somewhere. A bar I believe. I only know so much (not A WoW, or Warcraft fan but had a friend who was really into it), but I know I'm not wrong on these two. Complaining about muh Pandas invading an already drowning game (they're making it so god damn easy from what I've seen), why complain? I just don't see why you whine. You have a right to but that's not the point. If someone wants a custom race, or help why not collaborate with that person, and make it work? Sheesh. Why don't I do anything? Because. I would rather do dick-all.

Um.  Just so you know.  No one is forcing you to make a mod for something you do not like.  If you dont like it then there is no reason to try and push you dislike on someone else.  I happen to like them and would like to be able to play them in Skyrim.  If you dont want them in skyrim then dont do it and just live and let live.  

Well, I went off to eat my first whole meal in two days. Strangely enough I feel much more at peace with the world, but my opinion remains: One person's opinion shouldn't be used as an excuse for why something shouldn't be done. 

I'd help you with the race myself, but I've misplaced the programs I would need, have no space in my hard drive for them, and don't have the expertise to fit such a foreign shape unto Skyrim's skeleton without making it look odd.

Um.  Just so you know.  No one is forcing you to make a mod for something you do not like.  If you dont like it then there is no reason to try and push you dislike on someone else.  I happen to like them and would like to be able to play them in Skyrim.  If you dont want them in skyrim then dont do it and just live and let live.  

People on sites like this love giving their opinions no matter how obnoxious, or arrogant it is. I think a race like the Pandaren could be cool. Just use a work-around with Khajit models, and swap out that cats face/tail with the face/tail of a Pandarens. It's way above anything I know (lazyassitus remember?) but I can give some decent ideas for a quick, possibly working route.

I actually have been playing around with the mod maker since I created the race.  My biggest problem has been trying to implement textures.  I think that the tail and face swap could work but I dont know how to do it.  Any ideas on how?

You can try just taking everything straight from WoW. As long as it's only done on your system, and you don't distribute it, it's pretty much legal. Even if it isn't, there's not a damned thing they can do about it if they don't know.

• 4 weeks later...