Immersive Follower Bathing

View File

Immersive Follower Bathing For Bathing in Skyrim

I got tired of having my followers just stand around while my PC bathed, and felt there should be a more immersive way to enjoy bathing in Skyrim. Fortunately through the power of SKSE plugins you can now have your followers automatically bathe when you do.

Supports all mod-added followers as well as any number of followers (technically the max number of followers is 128).

Features

• Followers will now automatically bathe with you, either by hotkey or by using the in-game items.
  • *NEW* You can designate a follower to stand guard while you bathe, with SLA integration if SLA is detected.
  • *NEW* Occasionally the PC may become a bit aroused when followers bathe, and vice versa for followers.

Monoman's Bathing in Skyrim Tweak

If you happen to use Monoman's excellent mod, install Follower Bathing Tweak Patch and not the normal Follower Bathing mod. This will preserve monoman's MCM.

*NEW* Made the patch now 100% version independent! Just download the original follower bathing mod and stick the patch after it in your load order.

Instructions

First, register your follower with the MCM menu. Then, when you press the hotkey to bathe, your follower will automatically bathe with you if they are in water and not clean already.

Known Issues

-Followers may not appear initially when opening the MCM for the first time. Simply close the MCM and re-open it.

-The mod At Your Own Pace is currently incompatible due to a very unlucky script conflict. Until I find a fix, make sure that this mod's scripts are not overwritten by the mod.

Requirements:

Bathing In Skyrim SE

PapyrusUtil SE

powerofthree's Papyrus Extender (optional)

LibFire (optional)

ConsoleUtil and/or Sexlab (Optional, only for debugging to console.)

SLA (Optional, PC and Followers won't gain arousal when bathing without it.)

You can now choose what method to use for follower detection from the mcm - libfire, po3, or pure skse.

Future Plans

-Expand on the guard system for sexytimes, and hook into SL.

Permissions:

You are free to use whatever scripts you like from my mod, as long as you provide some form of credit. Please do not upload this mod anywhere else.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/01/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Bathing in Skyrim, PapyrusUtil, powerofthree's Papyrus Extender, ConsoleUtil, SLA
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Edited by BluByt3
fixed bug

I have not tried your mod yet. (I probably will, the next time I spin up a new skyrim game... but that typically requires almost a week of studying the mods and getting them working right so it probably will not be any time soon).

However, after reading your description:

To make this "feel right" I imagine that I would like to see three things (if or when you feel like doing them):

(1) Slight (perhaps arbitrary) delays between when different followers start bathing, to reduce an "all at once" or "mechanical" feel. This does not have to be very fancy, maybe just some random numbers between 2 and 8 seconds (or, really, 2000 and 8000 milliseconds) between when you start bathing and when followers start. Version 2, in a couple years, might throw in some pose animations into the process (and, thus, change the delay mechanics).

(2) Guard duty -- a dialog option to ask a follower to stand guard duty while you are bathing. Maybe with an expiration (just for today) or some such to keep follower from being disappointed about future bathing. Maybe with some good natured grumbling in response...

(3) random encounters. The default for this should be a very low chance, be on a cooldown and maybe have a random delay. These would basically be the sort of thing you might encounter on a road, or maybe a sexlab approach situation, but without the requirement of travelling. (of course, I would bump this up to a high or guaranteed chance for testing...)

Briefly tried it on SE. Couldn't ever get the followers to show up in the MCM. Tried it with 2 different followers. Just wouldn't show up.

That said...

• SE so not the latest AE stuff. Might work there. Especially if this utilizes anything from the AE versions of the requirements.
  • May not have installed LibFire correctly. Perhaps I omitted the wrong files? ? (I hate Github too. No matter what I always take 200 years finding that idiot download button! ? ?)

EDIT: Turns out the culprit was not installing Libfire correctly. BluByt3 sent me to this link and it worked. I grabbed the wrong thing on the Github page! (Which happens usually when I visit a Github page! ??)

Edited by Nessa
3 hours ago, Nessa said:

Briefly tried it on SE. Couldn't ever get the followers to show up in the MCM. Tried it with 2 different followers. Just wouldn't show up.

That said...

• SE so not the latest AE stuff. Might work there. Especially if this utilizes anything from the AE versions of the requirements.
  • May not have installed LibFire correctly. Perhaps I omitted the wrong files? ? (I hate Github too. No matter what I always take 200 years finding that idiot download button! ? ?)

Hmm, could you link your papyrus log? The folllowers should be grabbed as soon as the mcm is closed, as well as when you change cells. And the mod was built for the latest version of SE (No way am I upgrading to AE anytime soon lol), so it should work just fine pre-AE. Here's a direct link to the version of libfire you need for the mod as well: here

5 hours ago, mlsbrn said:

is it possible to set npcs to take a bath in certain timeline without being your follower

No, not with this mod. This mod only focuses on followers, however B.I.S does have a system already that allows the player to bathe with npcs.

5 hours ago, sen4mi said:

I have not tried your mod yet. (I probably will, the next time I spin up a new skyrim game... but that typically requires almost a week of studying the mods and getting them working right so it probably will not be any time soon).

However, after reading your description:

To make this "feel right" I imagine that I would like to see three things (if or when you feel like doing them):

(1) Slight (perhaps arbitrary) delays between when different followers start bathing, to reduce an "all at once" or "mechanical" feel. This does not have to be very fancy, maybe just some random numbers between 2 and 8 seconds (or, really, 2000 and 8000 milliseconds) between when you start bathing and when followers start. Version 2, in a couple years, might throw in some pose animations into the process (and, thus, change the delay mechanics).

(2) Guard duty -- a dialog option to ask a follower to stand guard duty while you are bathing. Maybe with an expiration (just for today) or some such to keep follower from being disappointed about future bathing. Maybe with some good natured grumbling in response...

(3) random encounters. The default for this should be a very low chance, be on a cooldown and maybe have a random delay. These would basically be the sort of thing you might encounter on a road, or maybe a sexlab approach situation, but without the requirement of travelling. (of course, I would bump this up to a high or guaranteed chance for testing...)

Thank you for the suggestions! I quite like the first 2, and will probably work to include those. I wish I could include random encounters as well, but thats definitely outside of my current skill level.

1 hour ago, BluByt3 said:

Hmm, could you link your papyrus log? The folllowers should be grabbed as soon as the mcm is closed, as well as when you change cells. And the mod was built for the latest version of SE (No way am I upgrading to AE anytime soon lol), so it should work just fine pre-AE. Here's a direct link to the version of libfire you need for the mod as well: here

Oh it is specifically for SE! OK, I'll double check everything (and libfire) and try again. If it still won't catch them I'll get a papyrus log to you.

(And yeah, AE is a giant *&#$ mess right now! ?)

Just checked your libfire link. Guaranteed I didn't install that properly. The file I downloaded had no SKSE plugin. Probably that's what did it. Testing shortly.

Edited by Nessa

Just did a new test! Works after closing and re-opening the MCM like you said. Also tried bathing. Works with both followers I tested. :cool:

Definitely was the libfire thing not being installed!

This will certainly be in my essentials lineup too. Really saves time. Even only traveling with 3 companions, it gets old fast having to tell everybody to clean up. ?

7 hours ago, sidfu1 said:

do uou have to replace the mcm  for bathing to do this thou? im asking cause i use bathing in skyrim tweaked and  that means this would  remove all the added mcm futions it has

I used a tweaked one as well. This adds a new MCM menu and all you do is get your current followers into that.

11 hours ago, sidfu1 said:

do uou have to replace the mcm  for bathing to do this thou? im asking cause i use bathing in skyrim tweaked and  that means this would  remove all the added mcm futions it has

The latest version does replace the menu for B.I.S, for now you may want to stick with version 1 while I work on a patch for the tweak.

2 hours ago, GerdWagner said:

Does this only work via the hot keys?
They don't work for me for some reason. I always have to trigger this via the inventory by clicking on the washcloth or the soap.

Just tested this and yes, it doesn't seem to work...

Gonna be honest, didn't even know that you could bathe without the hotkey. I'll see if I can fix that then.

1 hour ago, BluByt3 said:

The latest version does replace the menu for B.I.S, for now you may want to stick with version 1 while I work on a patch for the tweak.

It does!? ? Well.... that's two for two on this mod! I'd better quit while I'm ahead!! ? Curiously I noticed no trouble with it though. But I pretty much don't use the MCM after the settings are loaded.

Edited by Nessa
9 hours ago, OptionalLemon said:

Could this eventually get adapted to work with Keep it Clean as well, or is that just completely out of the question? 

I don't use Keep it Clean unfortunately, and from the modpage it looks like they already have their own follower bathing system that would likely conflict with mine.

With KIC followers only get dirty, undress and then get cleaned when the player takes a bath. There aren't any actual bathing animations for them, sadly. Always thought that was the only thing sorely missing from that mod. If you don't even use it though, it'd obviously be a big ask. Cheers for answering!

14 minutes ago, lk74 said:

Im curious, you mentionned monoman's mod tweaks for LE. Is there a SE conversion somewhere or can I directly use his mod in SE ?

I was able to use his mod directly in se. Then again I have only used it for testing purposes,  so I have no idea if its stable for long term use. It worked for the most part in my game, and I assume there are other ppl using the tweak in SE as well.

only 2 things ive found is
1. followers dont want to stop bathing. the cloak wil keep spaming till they get out of the water
2. if a follower is checked to bath and you have the leave part it seems randomly they will lose the option for manual set bathing thru dialogue forever. they wil still get enabled thru follower bathing thou

the one asking about tweaks mod it works perfenctly fine. not all mods needed to bbe updated for SE by script rewrites.

Edited by sidfu1
On 12/12/2021 at 8:41 AM, roulk said:

I read the part where if followers don't appear in the MCM menu the first time, to "simply close and reopen it"

Ok, what if they don't appear after the 5th or 6th time of closing and opening it, and even more than that? Then what? 

Make sure you first have libfire installed, as thats how all followers are collected. Also, post your papyrus log so I can take a look, there could be some scripting weirdness happening.

9 hours ago, sidfu1 said:

only 2 things ive found is
1. followers dont want to stop bathing. the cloak wil keep spaming till they get out of the water
2. if a follower is checked to bath and you have the leave part it seems randomly they will lose the option for manual set bathing thru dialogue forever. they wil still get enabled thru follower bathing thou

Hmm, the first one shouldn't be happening. There's a check to make sure the followers are first dirty before attempting to bathe, but I may have messed up on the implementation. I'll check it out and fix it in the next update if I find anything.

2 is an intended feature however, as mzin's dialouge menu has the capability to break the mod. I may have been a bit too heavy handed with the implementation, so I'll tweak it to only disable the dangerous options. The menu should work for everyone else however.