Notofications question

Does the forum software show you responses to your posting without showing you the whole conversation of the forum?

I would like to have that but not the whole new posting in a topic.

12 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

Does the forum software show you responses to your posting without showing you the whole conversation of the forum?

I would like to have that but not the whole new posting in a topic.

ONLY if someone quotes you (by using the quote button or highlighting and quoting) or calls your attention with the "@" symbol as in @wutpickel.

Just now, Psalam said:

ONLY if someone quotes you (by using the quote button or highlighting and quoting) or calls your attention with the "@" symbol as in @wutpickel.

OK, i quote you :)

Anyway, that's all i needed to know. So i do not have to subscribe to the topic itself. I got annoyed with all the notifications that i got. Its just so many if you subscribe to everything.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

OK, i quote you :)

Anyway, that's all i needed to know. So i do not have to subscribe to the topic itself. I got annoyed with all the notifications that i got. Its just so many if you subscribe to everything.

Thanks

You're right. NOW, if only you can get everyone who responds to your posts to quote or "@" you. ?

@Psalam Well, i handle it like my phone calls. If no one leaves a message, i ignore it because it is not important. That is how i manage my "smart" phone as well. To many reminders about nothing. Its a more peaceful situation now. The @ is actually a useful feature since you do not need to quote at all.