On 11/27/2021 at 7:43 PM, chuckseven1 said:
On 11/27/2021 at 7:40 PM, anaalimies1 said:

Hey, where do i need to add this dll file? if i add it in the rar/zip files the game crashes for me.

thanks

You overwrite the DLL that comes with SoS.

My game Keeps CTD because of SOS, making it Unplayable!

I'm not a Modder or script writer; I have no idea of how to fix this.

PLEASE tell me with detailed directions HOW to overwrite the DLL?? 

Please HELP!

41 minutes ago, PatriciaL2 said:

My game Keeps CTD because of SOS, making it Unplayable!

I'm not a Modder or script writer; I have no idea of how to fix this.

PLEASE tell me with detailed directions HOW to overwrite the DLL?? 

Please HELP!

Should go in \Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins. Using the file from the Release folder should be safest (not the AVX ones). My mod manager failed to place it there as well, so I did so manually.

1 hour ago, trognog said:

Should go in \Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins. Using the file from the Release folder should be safest (not the AVX ones). My mod manager failed to place it there as well, so I did so manually.

Please what is the name of the file in \Plugins  (\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins)? I got that far then got lost :(

6 minutes ago, PatriciaL2 said:

Please what is the name of the file in \Plugins  (\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins)? I got that far then got lost :(

schlongsofskyrim.dll I believe. There are probably more files in your plugins folder, but you only need to overwrite this one.

4 hours ago, trognog said:

schlongsofskyrim.dll I believe. There are probably more files in your plugins folder, but you only need to overwrite this one.

Found it! Thank you so very very much!!!  *Hands you a whole backet full of fresh baked sweet rolls*

By "overwrite" do I just delete the current "schlongsofskyrim.dll: and replace/paste the new release DLL in its place?

Thank you sooo much for helping me! I will finally be able to play AE again.

Update:  I'm so dumb, sighhh.  I finialy understood that all I needed to do was extract the zip file into \Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins to overwrite it *blushing*

Gonna start AE now - *crosses fingers*

Thank you again!

Update:  Still CTD.  Still says it cannot find schlongs of skyrim DLL. I reinstalled it then overwrote the schlongsofskyrim.dll with the release, SoS AE 1.0.3.7z.                            But it Still CTD.

I don't know what else to do to fix this.

Edited by PatriciaL2
3 hours ago, PatriciaL2 said:

Found it! Thank you so very very much!!!  *Hands you a whole backet full of fresh baked sweet rolls*

By "overwrite" do I just delete the current "schlongsofskyrim.dll: and replace/paste the new release DLL in its place?

Thank you sooo much for helping me! I will finally be able to play AE again.

Update:  I'm so dumb, sighhh.  I finialy understood that all I needed to do was extract the zip file into \Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins to overwrite it *blushing*

Gonna start AE now - *crosses fingers*

Thank you again!

Update:  Still CTD.  Still says it cannot find schlongs of skyrim DLL. I reinstalled it then overwrote the schlongsofskyrim.dll with the release, SoS AE 1.0.3.7z.                            But it Still CTD.

I don't know what else to do to fix this.

For best results you really need to be using a mod manager, Vortex is the one I use currently it takes some effort to get comfortable with it but it is well worth it and it will avoid so many headaches with mod conflicts.

Download Schlongs of skyrim 1.1.4 Then Download SOS AE multi-edition DLL replacer. First install Schlongs of Skyrim Then install SOS AE Multi-edition DLL replacer and make sure it is set to overwrite any conflicting files from SOS 1.1.4 Once you have all your mods installed and order sorted then you should run fnis so it will update any animations to the xpmse skeleton.

Edited by Ghostman7nz
18 minutes ago, PatriciaL2 said:

SoS AE

Does NOT work for Skyrim AE on GOG!

Causes CTD

(Yes I installed it + requirement correctly)

Will there be one made for GoG Skyrim AE?

putting everything in large point font does not make anyone more inclined to pay attention. Out of spite, I have made it the default size.

Additionally, already exists.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what game version does this .dll work on? I tried it recently and SKSE gave a warning that it was out of date. Sure enough, SoS was broken when I ran the game.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the right .dll, thanks Ghostman7nz for posting.

Edited by Docbonzai

I am having problems with this, someone please help.

My game Version is: 1.6.640

Mys SKSE version is: Current Anniversary Edition build 2.2.3 (game version 1.6.640)

I downloaded and installed this:

Then I installed this:

Overwrited, but when launching the game it still says the DLL is disabled and tells me to update.

I am using Papyrus Version 4.4 for SKSE 2.2.2, Skyrim 1.6.640, & Address Library.

Also, the Schlongs Of Skyrim Light SE 1.4 is working fine, but I can't change size of...

Please help.

8 hours ago, Arijevac said:

I am having problems with this, someone please help.

My game Version is: 1.6.640

Mys SKSE version is: Current Anniversary Edition build 2.2.3 (game version 1.6.640)

I downloaded and installed this:

Then I installed this:

Overwrited, but when launching the game it still says the DLL is disabled and tells me to update.

I am using Papyrus Version 4.4 for SKSE 2.2.2, Skyrim 1.6.640, & Address Library.

Also, the Schlongs Of Skyrim Light SE 1.4 is working fine, but I can't change size of...

Please help.

this has been mentioned more than a few times now.

17 hours ago, DevilsAvacado said:

having issues with crashing upon trying to load a save and crashlogger thinking that the SOS DLL is the culprit, not much changed since the last play session, any idea what it is?

If using mo2, disable(hide) scholongofskyrim.dll, then go to the game, load, wait a while, save. After that enable(unhide) the dll, and you can load your last save.

Hello! Installed it a few weeks ago with no trouble, but after reinstalling it Im running into an issue with a missing .dll, but according to MO2 SOS AE should be overriding SOS SE (at least SOS SE is green when I select SOS AE), and after double checking I have all the files installed and up-to-date, is there a way to do it manually or "reoverride" it?

17 hours ago, Nonoperino said:

Hello! Installed it a few weeks ago with no trouble, but after reinstalling it Im running into an issue with a missing .dll, but according to MO2 SOS AE should be overriding SOS SE (at least SOS SE is green when I select SOS AE), and after double checking I have all the files installed and up-to-date, is there a way to do it manually or "reoverride" it?

Assuming this is overwriting the original?

This mod - SoS AE - has been functionally replaced by the linked one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 8:56 PM, chuckseven1 said:

Yes I am sure. You must not have it installed corectly.

I keep running into the game issue,
taking  the schlonngsofskyrim.dll:.dll file from "releases" and replacing the file in the following directory data/skse/schlonngsofskyrim.dll with your file still leaves me with the same error.
"A DLL plugin has failed to load correctly. if a new version of skyrim was just realized (it was not) the plunging needs to be updated please check your mods webpage for updates. schlonngsofskyrim.dll: disabled, incompatible with the current version of the game. "

On 3/5/2023 at 6:10 PM, NCRRanger6971 said:

dll is outdated. multi edition dll replacer doesnt work at all

1 hour ago, specter- said:

I keep running into the game issue,
taking  the schlonngsofskyrim.dll:.dll file from "releases" and replacing the file in the following directory data/skse/schlonngsofskyrim.dll with your file still leaves me with the same error.
"A DLL plugin has failed to load correctly. if a new version of skyrim was just realized (it was not) the plunging needs to be updated please check your mods webpage for updates. schlonngsofskyrim.dll: disabled, incompatible with the current version of the game. "

PEBKAC.

For NCR, ensure you're actually selecting the correct .dll when installing, and that it is overwriting the SoS.dll provided by the original version of SoS. This mod does not mean you do not need to download the original mod.

For specter, this version of the plugin supports 1.6.353 (practically, some older 1.6 versions might work but I do not care to double check). Use this instead.

11 hours ago, VeraDra said:

PEBKAC.

For NCR, ensure you're actually selecting the correct .dll when installing, and that it is overwriting the SoS.dll provided by the original version of SoS. This mod does not mean you do not need to download the original mod.

For specter, this version of the plugin supports 1.6.353 (practically, some older 1.6 versions might work but I do not care to double check). Use this instead.

Man, that solved all my problems. Thank you :)

On 2/7/2023 at 1:54 AM, PatriciaL2 said:

SoS AE

Does NOT work for Skyrim AE on GOG!

Causes CTD

(Yes I installed it + requirement correctly)

Will there be one made for GoG Skyrim AE?

I have had the same problem.
If you still have not solved it, you can visit this page. It's how it worked for me.
I have tried it with both Vortex and MO2,
Basically you need (and in that same order):

PapyrusUtil SE - Modders Scripting Utility Functions  GOG version

Schlongs of Skyrim AE - No DLL Version 1.1.4

Tempered Skins for Males - Vanilla and SOS versions - File: Tempered Skins for Males - SOS Full version

I hope you find it useful

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, NCRRanger6971 said:

I have been trying for hours and hours and it just wont work. wtf do I do?

Edit: SOS multi edition wont work either, it still says dll is outdated even though Im using the one by chuckseven1.

How do I do it for the regular SE edition instead of AE?

If you are using1.5.97, you do not need any of these.

If you know you are using 1.6, check what 1.6 version. chuckseven1's version is ONLY for 1.6.353

image.png.1de7b43f2e694ce289f38c052069932e.png