[mod] SE Portraits - Patches & Fixes

SE Portraits - Patches & Fixes

These patches are out of date.

I encourage you to check out SE Restyled - Sharp. Arcess has done a great job with that mod. It would not make sense to update these patches given the great work they have done. 

In the future I plan to support their efforts with patches for LV, Calcifire, VF, etc. as needed. 

I thank you all for your interest in this mod. 

Spoiler

Everything should be OK on Stellaris 3.2 now (Don't worry if I haven't updated the version number)

SE Portraits - Patches & Fixes

I noticed that SE Portraits was not working properly with LV and also had some bugs so I decided to fix them. I also wanted to make the portraits more lewd to fit with LV. This file has several patches for each of the different SE components. If you're not aware, SE portraits are a group of portrait mods on the Steam Workshop created by MnCnNn. They include several nude options that are disabled by default. These patches will enable the lewd clothing and fix any problems I have encountered.

Features

• Support for ALL SE components (See below for installation instructions) - Oops I lied, I'm still missing the ASARI portraits. Sorry
  • Support added for LV gender traits
  • Added compatibility with LV nudist, exhibitionist, and perfect hybrid traits
    • If you take one of these traits your pops and leaders will wear only nude clothing
  • Enabled the "Plus" and nude portraits regardless of the above traits
    • Note that without the LV traits nude portraits can appear but are not guaranteed
  • Removed the "Soft" portraits and clothing as they do not fit with the LV theme
  • Added support for several new jobs from LoversLab mods
  • A patch to make SE Portraits, Calcifire's Portraits and Vanilla Framework compatible
  • A complete all in one patch that is tested to work with many LoversLabs mods
  • Fixed SE Human 2 so that the Psionic and Cybernetic portrait options will appear

Requirements

To use the individual patches, the corresponding base mod must be installed from the Steam workshop

SE Human - SE Human 2 - SE Humanoid - SE Humanoid DLC - SE Helltaker

Some patches also require other components to be installed or have other conditions for installation:

• SE Human and SE Human 2 are mutually exclusive - only one can be installed at once
  • SE Humanoid DLC requires SE Humanoid and the SE Humanoid Patch
  • SE Helltaker requires SE Humanoid and the SE Humanoid Patch
  • SE,CalcifireDC,VF Patch requires SE Human (or 2), SE Humanoid, SE Humanoid DLC. the patches for all of these, AND Calcifire's Directors Cut AND Vanilla Framework

Compatibility

• Not compatible with any other patch on Steam
  • Not compatible with any other mod that changes the vanilla portraits (except Calcifire and Vanilla framework when using my patch)
  • The "No horns" patch should be compatible
  • Should be compatible with any other portrait mods that add their own species category. 
    • Elves of Stellaris for example.

Suggested Load Order (Individual Patches)

Spoiler

Lustful Void

LV Additional Things (Optional but supports jobs)

LV Expansion (Optional but supports jobs)

SE Human / SE Human 2 (Pick one / Optional)

SE Human / SE Human 2 Exhibitionist Patch

SE Humanoid (Optional)

SE Humanoid No Horns (Very Optional)

SE Humanoid Exhibitionist Patch

SE Humanoid DLC (Optional / Requires SE Humanoid and its patch)

SE Humanoid DLC Exhibitionist Patch

SE Helltaker (Optional /  Requires SE Humanoid and its patch)

SE Helltaker Exhibitionist Patch

LewdXenos (Optional but supported)

Sexy Xenos - Not fully compatible yet - Use AIO Patch instead

Vanilla Framework

Calcifire's Directors Cut (Requires patch below or will conflict with Vanilla Framework)

SE,CalcifireDC,VF Patch (Needs everything installed)

UI Overhaul Dynamic (Required if using SE,CalcifireDC,VF Patch)

All In One Patch

Includes everything for the full experience. Tested with several mods on LoverLab (list below). You still need to download the base mods to get the assets. I decided to keep SE Human separate so you can pick either version. I recommend you use all of the mods below unless it explicitly says optional.

Spoiler

Lustful Void

LV Additional Things (Optional but supports jobs)

LV Expansion (Optional but supports jobs)

SE Human / SE Human 2 (Pick one)

SE Human / SE Human 2 Exhibitionist Patch

SE Humanoid

SE Humanoid No Horns (Very Optional)

SE Humanoid DLC

SE Helltaker (Optional)

LewdXenos (Optional but supported)

Sexy Xenos (Portraits only)

Vanilla Framework

Calcifire's Directors Cut

SE AIO Patch

UI Overhaul Dynamic (Required!!!)

TODO:

• Support for new jobs. 
  • Patch for ASARI.

Credits:

First and foremost, hugest thanks goes to MnCnNn for the SE portrait mods. Obviously this existence of this mod is owed entirely to them.

Thanks to Omori1701 for starting the work and for the inspiration to make these patches.

Thanks to Lilitha for explaining how to make gender patches. 

Edited by SohCahToa

If you're having problems with the launcher detecting the mods due to there not being a descriptor file first just try closing and reopening the launcher once or twice. If issues persist I will reupload but I'm 99% confident that the descriptor file is optional and it should work just fine without it. Lustful Void doesn't include one either and that mod works fine as well.

Please let me know if you detect any bugs. Also what other portrait mods should I investigate compatibility?

10 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Sorry, am I the only one, who has no idea what "SE Portraits" is? I don't see a mod like this on Nexus and the desc doesn't contain the link, nor screenshots.

There are links in the first post already. SE Portraits is a collection of portrait mods by MnCnNn on the Steam Workshop. Some of them were broken and none are compatible with Lustful Void out of the box, hence the need for these patches. The SE Portraits are popular on loverslab because MnCnNn included fully nude assets within his mods they just need a few tweaks to be enabled. That is what these patches does, among other things.

4 hours ago, kmaaier said:

I suppose this is in the wrong game topic. 

It seems this is for stellaris and not for Skyrim.

You're seeing the Skyrim topic? I'm pretty sure I posted it to Stellaris. Thats what's showing in the navigation bar anyway.

4 hours ago, Eosopho said:

This thread is in the correct place.
It seems that after monsta88's comment the author updated the topic with links to the relevant mod.
Which is on the Steam Workshop.

The SE in this case likely stands for Stellaris Expanded.

The links were already there. I guess monsta just didn't see them. According to some comments in MnCnNn's code, SE actually stands for StellErotica

2 hours ago, Tyrgalon said:

Nice work, the mess of patches etc and some not working together due to being out of date etc was a pain indeed.

Thanks. I'll try to keep everything updated and in one place that way its easier to find all the patches. It's still a bit of a pain because of how many subcomponents SE has but in the future I might try and make one giant patch that fixes everything so that it's a lot easier to manage. Every time I add another patch the load order keeps getting larger and larger and I'm not really a fan of that. 

Thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate the engagement. I'll keep working on improving the clarity of the description so that people don't get confused.

On 11/7/2021 at 11:28 AM, SohCahToa said:

The "Plus" portraits that are referenced on steam are built into the patch. "Soft" not compatible.

• Do not install "Plus" or "Soft" patches from steam!

Instruction unclear, I deleted system32, jk.

Anyways, how the patch supposed to reference to Plus portrait when you didn't install it. Does the Plus portrait have to be enabled or not?

7 hours ago, fiinhvip said:

Instruction unclear, I deleted system32, jk.

Anyways, how the patch supposed to reference to Plus portrait when you didn't install it. Does the Plus portrait have to be enabled or not?

The post you quoted literally says:

The "Plus" portraits that are referenced on steam are built into the patch.

And then it goes on to say:

Do not install "Plus" or "Soft" patches from steam!

So I really feel like both of your questions have already been answered, quite clearly, in the post you quoted.

On 11/10/2021 at 12:46 PM, fiinhvip said:

So you mean, the Plus portrait patch doesn't contain any resource(image, gfx, etc...) just "reference" to everything(new accessories, outfit) already included in the base Humanoid mod?

huh, I thought they make Plus mod like an Accessories addon for the base mod

All the plus patch does is change which clothes are worn. My patch does is doing the same thing so there's no reason to install the plus patch. There's going to be less chance of something going wrong if I just tell everyone not to install it. 

On 11/11/2021 at 9:34 AM, scum71 said:

This works really well, thanks ?

Thanks a lot! I'm glad it's working good.

So I'm getting back into Stellaris and find myself adding more and more Human SE AI civs because that mod and this patch are amazing. However, now I am finding that it's really hard to pick out the humans I genmodded to be my scientists, etc, because, unlike all the wacky aliens, these all look the same. If my nerdy science dude gets stuck baking pizza while my neanderthal miner bro is making art with a rock, I could be looking right at them and not even know. Is anyone aware of a mod that allows humans to be split by phenotype but also remains compatible with SE and this patch to it?

Edited by SexDwarf2250
14 hours ago, gorgebitter said:

Could you make a patch for Calcifier's Portrait Pack that doesn't rely on Vanilla Framework? That'd be pretty neat.

Done. Also if you don't want a specific portrait here's the lines to delete. 

Delete 42,43 if you don't want the humanoid dlc portraits.

Delete 43,43,13,14,15,16 if you don't want any humanoid portraits

Delete 12 if you don't want the human portrait. 

(There's no patch required for helltaker portraits)

Hope this helps.

Edited by SohCahToa
1 hour ago, shawnking said:

Suppose I should've asked here instead of the main thread.

Does this do anything with the vanilla species sexual dimorphism mods? For example, an all female race of cat women only having the female leader and pop portraits?

That is build into 3.2 now. There's a new button in empire creation to set the species gender. But it will need a patch to work with the LV traits. This mod also needs an update but I'm waiting for LV first so I can match what Lithia decides to do with the new feature. 

EDIT: But to actually answer your question. No this mod doesn't do anything with the vanilla portraits. Except for the 7 human/oids that are overridden by the SE mods. Cat portraits, and etc are unchanged. 

Edited by SohCahToa
On 11/23/2021 at 8:50 PM, SohCahToa said:

That is build into 3.2 now. There's a new button in empire creation to set the species gender. But it will need a patch to work with the LV traits. This mod also needs an update but I'm waiting for LV first so I can match what Lithia decides to do with the new feature. 

EDIT: But to actually answer your question. No this mod doesn't do anything with the vanilla portraits. Except for the 7 human/oids that are overridden by the SE mods. Cat portraits, and etc are unchanged. 

Also SE Human 2 and all the other SE mods were broken by the update (the LV patch will no longer work since the species gender option is now in the base game, not LV traits), and the original mod authors appear MIA. So we may have to wait around for other modders to make updated versions, and for LV itself to update to the new system, however that looks.

On 11/25/2021 at 12:17 PM, b00tyblues said:

Also SE Human 2 and all the other SE mods were broken by the update (the LV patch will no longer work since the species gender option is now in the base game, not LV traits), and the original mod authors appear MIA. So we may have to wait around for other modders to make updated versions, and for LV itself to update to the new system, however that looks.

Don't worry I'll update the SE mods as soon as LV is updated. 

3 hours ago, SohCahToa said:

Don't worry I'll update the SE mods as soon as LV is updated. 

Much appreciated. Hopefully it doesn't involve too much work as you may have to re-do the entire portrait txt files to be in line with the new portrait system but I have no idea how different the new system is cause I haven't looked at it. 

23 hours ago, b00tyblues said:

Much appreciated. Hopefully it doesn't involve too much work as you may have to re-do the entire portrait txt files to be in line with the new portrait system but I have no idea how different the new system is cause I haven't looked at it. 

Shouldn't be that hard. I've already rewrote a lot of that file anyway. 

22 hours ago, SunTan Lotion said:

is it possible to unlock outfits that are locked to society type for the random generation pool?

Yes. Except I'm not really sure this would be desired by most people since the outfits would probably clash quite a lot. Did you have a specific set of portraits in mind that you wanted unlocked?

• 2 weeks later...