[mod] SE Portraits - Patches & Fixes

Are you entirely sure this works on your end?

The way you structured the asset selector would have the game first apply the nudist clothes to pops and then once it checked their government and work types, it'd apply those outfits instead... which is what happens in my game and hilarious, because when inspecting a planet the "main" pop is naked and then once I get into strata tabs, it changes to that strata's work-specific clothes. And if I change the strata tab, it changes the main pop's clothes too.

I don't see the mods being updated on Steam, so I'm pretty sure I'm not missing anything here.

On 12/11/2021 at 3:38 PM, bergamohjones said:

I had already given up on getting this mod working and went looking for other options, only to find this. You're an absolute hero for this!

Thanks! Glad I could help.

On 12/12/2021 at 11:44 PM, Baalshazar said:

Would this potentially work with restyled?

Not right now.  There's not that much new in restyled yet. Once some new outfits are added or other major changes, I will probably look into incorporating restyled. Right now this patch actually supports LoversLab mods better than restyled IMO. 

13 hours ago, Tempmania said:

Any chance you could make a patch for SE - Mass Effect Asari?

Yes. I will eventually but I don't know how long it will be. 

4 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Are you entirely sure this works on your end?

The way you structured the asset selector would have the game first apply the nudist clothes to pops and then once it checked their government and work types, it'd apply those outfits instead... which is what happens in my game and hilarious, because when inspecting a planet the "main" pop is naked and then once I get into strata tabs, it changes to that strata's work-specific clothes. And if I change the strata tab, it changes the main pop's clothes too.

I don't see the mods being updated on Steam, so I'm pretty sure I'm not missing anything here.

That's not what's happening on my end. The default clothes should not be naked. Can you post your install/load order for me? 

21 minutes ago, SohCahToa said:

Not right now.  There's not that much new in restyled yet. Once some new outfits are added or other major changes, I will probably look into incorporating restyled. Right now this patch actually supports LoversLab mods better than restyled IMO.

Correct. One of the goals of Restyled is to make it easier to write and maintain patches long-term, but the patches would still have to be rewritten from scratch. It's also still in alpha and subject to change as bug reports/suggestions come in.

Edited by Arcess
Rewording
41 minutes ago, SohCahToa said:

That's not what's happening on my end. The default clothes should not be naked. Can you post your install/load order for me? 

About the same you put as suggested one, minus things I don't have.

Spoiler

loadoforder.png.4f1e7116c8cf3bff2f25050f1e72d094.png

18 and 19 are patches I wrote a year ago (which still work, it's just I didn't write support for nudist/exhibitionist traits).

I had your Human patch after SE-Human - Modest (13) and AIO after Humanoid Hives (16), which is as per your suggested list. That didn't work.

Then I substituted your clothing files for the files I had in my patches, which as far as I could tell only differ in the nudist trait support. Same thing.

Copied my files back, clothes work again.

3 hours ago, Anonymous said:

About the same you put as suggested one, minus things I don't have.

Reveal hidden contents

loadoforder.png.4f1e7116c8cf3bff2f25050f1e72d094.png

18 and 19 are patches I wrote a year ago (which still work, it's just I didn't write support for nudist/exhibitionist traits).

I had your Human patch after SE-Human - Modest (13) and AIO after Humanoid Hives (16), which is as per your suggested list. That didn't work.

Then I substituted your clothing files for the files I had in my patches, which as far as I could tell only differ in the nudist trait support. Same thing.

Copied my files back, clothes work again.

Can you show me examples where the clothes are broken so I know what I’m looking for. 
Are you getting nude clothes despite not having the traits? If so I’ll need to double check that case because I’ve been using exhibitionist in my recent games.
When using exhibitionist everyone should have exposed clothes but most pops should still wear something. The only case there they wear nothing is for slaves. The default portrait that appears in the planet view when pops are growing has clothes on. Also the picture in species modification is the same way. But like I said I have not tested them without exhibitionist in awhile it could be broken there. 

The load order seems correct. Although if you’re not using my exact patches it’s hard to say what conflicts there might be with the one you made a year ago. 

You should load UI Overhaul Dynamic Last though. But that’s just an aside. And I’m pretty sure wild lactivity is broken on 3.2

Edited by SohCahToa
4 hours ago, Arcess said:

Correct. One of the goals of Restyled is to make it easier to write and maintain patches long-term, but the patches would still have to be rewritten from scratch. It's also still in alpha and subject to change as bug reports/suggestions come in.

Yup you’re doing great work with that. It’s just that I don’t feel like putting in the work to update until there’s a little more content in Restyled. Since it’s working right now I don’t want to accidentally break anything lol. 

14 hours ago, SohCahToa said:

Can you show me examples where the clothes are broken so I know what I’m looking for. 
Are you getting nude clothes despite not having the traits? If so I’ll need to double check that case because I’ve been using exhibitionist in my recent games.
When using exhibitionist everyone should have exposed clothes but most pops should still wear something. The only case there they wear nothing is for slaves. The default portrait that appears in the planet view when pops are growing has clothes on. Also the picture in species modification is the same way. But like I said I have not tested them without exhibitionist in awhile it could be broken there. 

The load order seems correct. Although if you’re not using my exact patches it’s hard to say what conflicts there might be with the one you made a year ago. 

You should load UI Overhaul Dynamic Last though. But that’s just an aside. And I’m pretty sure wild lactivity is broken on 3.2

Actually, excuse me.

When I use your patches as is, they don't work at all (at least for humans). As in, not even gender traits are respected, let alone clothing-related traits. (Maybe because 07_portraits_human.txt is empty?)

When I substitute asset selector files from my working patch for yours, the clothing behaves as I detailed before.

I attached my patches for the comparison.

As for UI Overhaul Dynamic, I remember it used to not work when places higher in the load order (at least for the me some 2 years ago) and since it doesn't seem to have any problems staying there, I left it as is, despite what mod author wrote in mod's description in the Workshop. Well, ultimately I don't have any mods to break it, so there's that too.

human&humanoid patches.7z

2 hours ago, Baalshazar said:

Only other thing you might want to look into is making it compatible with SE - Humanoid Machines

That mod adds to the ROBOT and MACHINE species classes, and you would have to change the portrait groups along the lines of any changes you've made to existing ones for SE. See portrait groups in Restyled for 3.2 gender fixes (if you undo the renaming).

Note that this mod is the first step towards playing as a sexy machine empire (allowing machines to have SE portraits), while Restyled is the second (accounting for machines in the asset selectors so you don't end up with default clothing and hair).

Yes, same author. ?

Finished the required updates for Stellaris 3.2.

Also updated for Calcifire's v2.

Not everything needs an update. Just ignore any version warnings. 

EDIT: The new LV jobs will use the default clothing for now until I get around to updating it. Each strata has a different default so there will still be some variety.

Edited by SohCahToa
6 hours ago, Tyrgalon said:

@SohCahToa
Can you use the AIO patch for ease of installation/mod management without using some of the mods the patch is made for?

If you leave out one of the SE component it will just default to the base game portraits for that species. 

If you leave out Calcifires or VF there will be blank portraits because the assets are missing. I don’t know if this will “break” anything necessarily. It’s possible the AI can still pick portraits with no assets in which case you would end up with species that have no pictures which is no good. 

If you want to remove VF just download the standalone patch that I uploaded yesterday and replace the file that starts with _101_. Delete the other file. 

If you want to change something else reply and I’ll give you better instructions or just make you a custom patch if you need. 

On 12/19/2021 at 1:58 PM, Tyrgalon said:

Ahh okey, eh I will just use the separate patches for se human 2, humanoid and humanoid dlc then :)

If you’re not using calcifirew or vf then that’s only 1 more patch than the AIO version (AIO needs 2 minimum). Hopefully not too much trouble for you. Lmk if there are any issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Calcifire patches need to be updated for v3.2.3. I'm worried updating might break my current playthrough. Instead I've uploaded the slightly older version that is compatible with the current patches. If you want to update yourself you can pretty easily compare the two versions to see what needs to be changed in 00_species_classes.txt. Otherwise please use this version of Calcifires until I am ready to update the patches myself. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Updated

Edited by SohCahToa
Updated
1 hour ago, Isangrad said:

The Asari already have a nude mod on this sight.

If it’s anything like the others, there are probably some issues that could use fixing. 

I’m going to get to it eventually it’s just that I don’t use those portraits so it’s hard to find the time. 

Edited by SohCahToa