[Morrowind] Help with a faerie wing mesh from Westly's Alakazar's Lamp

Some of the faerie wings do not work in Alakazar's Lamp. One set had been fixed in this old thread at Great House Fliggerty http://www.fliggerty...pic.php?p=80135 and the faerie wings in the downloads on that page work. However there is another set of wings that never got fixed.

I've tried to do a few things with my limited knowledge of nifskope but cannot figure it out. Latendresse76 in that Fliggerty page partially describes what they did to get the one set to work. Is there anyone here who has the know how to fix a mesh of the wing set that was never fixed?

This is one of the broken meshes with the associated textures.

WAR_Fairy_Wing_2a.7z

Why not upload the working wings?  Then it is (maybe) possible to copy the correct settings and parts into the non-working nif.

EDIT: Think I found the working nif in the Link you posted.

EDIT2

Try this

I delete the two parts that was removed in the working nif ( the NiTriShape    Tri WING01  and Tri WING01 )
Renamed all tga to dds
In NiTriShape  W1  I opend the NiTexturingProperty and changed the "Base Texture" from  CLAMP_S_CLAMP_T  to   WRAP_S_WRAP_T

Changed the NiAlphaProperty setting  of  NiTriShape  W1  and  NiTriShape  W2   to "Flags 4845" and "Threshold 0"

WAR_Fairy_Wings2aTest.nif

! rename it !  I named it WAR_Fairy_Wings2aTest to not overwrite the original.

Edited by fejeena
8 hours ago, fejeena said:

Why not upload the working wings?  Then it is (maybe) possible to copy the correct settings and parts into the non-working nif.

EDIT: Think I found the working nif in the Link you posted.

EDIT2

Try this

I delete the two parts that was removed in the working nif ( the NiTriShape    Tri WING01  and Tri WING01 )
Renamed all tga to dds
In NiTriShape  W1  I opend the NiTexturingProperty and changed the "Base Texture" from  CLAMP_S_CLAMP_T  to   WRAP_S_WRAP_T

Changed the NiAlphaProperty setting  of  NiTriShape  W1  and  NiTriShape  W2   to "Flags 4845" and "Threshold 0"

WAR_Fairy_Wings2aTest.nif 83.75 kB · 0 downloads

! rename it !  I named it WAR_Fairy_Wings2aTest to not overwrite the original.

That works! Thank you so much, fejeena!

229305_original.jpg

Yeah, I tried to copy over stuff, and fiddling with the settings and the UV maps, but none of that worked. All six wings of this particular set had the same problem, and the UVs of the other wing sets were much different. *takes notes of what you did*

I've made a small patch to restore the missing wings from Alakazar's Lamp if anyone wants it, I can pm you it.

Thank you again, fejeena!

Edited by Daedric_Cat
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 11:49 PM, sunhawken said:
  1. All three games are living on lol. Morrowind/Skyrim is beating Oblivion it seems. OpenMw and 64x Skyrim.. well for Oblivion that should release a 64x.

After I get my Morrowind set up on my new machine, Oblivion will follow, especially as someone on Nexus released a great UI/controller mod for Oblivion. It will be like the old days when I played Oblivion on XBox 360. Except with all the cool mods.