Rise of the Tomb Raider/Shadow of the Tomb Raider mods broken after update.

So Fallout 3 wasn't the only one getting update years after being left as it was, Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider (also the 2013 Tomb Raider) are getting an update to remove denuvo from it which seems to broke both Rise and Shadow's mods.

Rise of the Tomb Raider has it's own mod Injector which no longer seems to work, Shadow relys on SpecialK tool to inject textures but now the game is pure black when you enter the game.

Anyone else having the same problem? More importantly anyone has a solution for it?

15 minutes ago, mrstauf said:

Yeah looks like they have changed the bigfile.update3.000.000.tiger file in rise that has broken the injector.

I've just tried to install the grey henley mod and it does not work anymore.

I've not tried shadow but i imagine it's the same story.

I tried to find a way to roll back to the previous version of the game with Steam Console, but I don't know the Depot ID and Manifest ID of the last version of the game.

Also worth mentioning this isn't the only problem came with this update, so they might keep updating them which will make fixing the mods even more troubling.

Edited by nightwing100
7 minutes ago, nightwing100 said:

I tried to find a way to roll back to the previous version of the game with Steam Console, but I don't know the Depot ID and Manifest ID of the last version of the game.

According to SteamDB.info it's like this:

Depot ID: 391221

Manifest ID: 8878953419261646532

It's the depot of game contents for Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, the manifest of 3 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Mister X said:

According to SteamDB.info it's like this:

Depot ID: 391221

Manifest ID: 8878953419261646532

It's the depot of game contents for Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, the manifest of 3 years ago.

] download_depot 750920 391221 8878953419261646532
Depot download failed : Manifest not available

Maybe they remove it as well?

6 hours ago, mrstauf said:

The Devs have issued a rollback patch due to the issues with the update.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/391220/discussions/0/4580716151549921865/

Maybe we should do a full backup of the game so we can revert back untill mods are working in the newer builds.

Or just say screw it for the time being and use two versions. The steam official version and a pirated version for mods. (Legal grey area. But it works.) That's what I'm doing. When and if the mods ever work on the legit version again, then I'll delete the pirated copy.

Always a good thing about mods that work on pirated copies. The legit version get's screwed up, go to your favorite site. Don't have to worry about steam locking you out due to downgrading. The files will ALWAYS be the same.

5 hours ago, mrstauf said:

It updated for me mods are now working fine.

You will have to install the mods again

Pretty sure that's because they downgraded the game and moved the patch to the beta branch. So unless you are on the beta branch, it went back to the older version of the game. This will obviously be something we'll have to fix no matter what. As I'm sure they are purposely messing with the file we use for mods because they don't want us to mod. MHW did this crap with iceborne. Obviously Square takes the stance - we won't sue you or C&D, but eventually if dev time justifies it, we'll actively screw you over. Again Capcom did the same thing. Not outright saying no to mods, but seeing how invested the community was to mods. Good thing that MHW modders proved they wanted mods. Now we'll see if modders prove the same here.

18 hours ago, mrstauf said:

It updated for me mods are now working fine.

You will have to install the mods again

Can confirm ROTTR update revert make my mods work again, this version is build813.

However SOTTR did not get the update revert, to make your mods work again, go to Steam and right click SOTTR in library, select properties - betas, then choose build298, the mods should be working again.

Edited by nightwing100
  • 2 weeks later...

The ROTR Update also brought something positive: I personally think the ORANGY nude mod is very good, as the JOSTAR BIG BOOBS mod. Why can't you combine both ? So, it is definitely doable. You can play with ORANGYS nude mod up to the first camp, after which you can switch to JOSTARS nude mod. From here on, the game is completely playable as a Nude Raider. In the first camp you can change the savegame with cheat engine. So 33 Outfits can be played, the game does not stop.

The game is in a weird spot right now. It used to be on 8.20 before the most recent update. It didn't really revert, they "updated" it to a version that was previously not public (8.13.4). Most mods work with this version, there was another version of the game (8.11.3 you could load it through the Beta and multiplayer still worked while it was broken in 8.20) where some mods didn't work but those same mods that failed on 8.11.3 work on 8.13.4.

The only mod I couldn't get to work with 8.13.4 was the Camera Tools mod. It was made specifically for the 8.20 exe.

• 3 weeks later...