Rise of the Tomb Raider/Shadow of the Tomb Raider mods broken after update.

23 hours ago, XOBOXOXBOX said:

One thing that may or may not be related, Im running 813 and i had mix of 3 or 4 mods installled and after the "update" the game just kept crashing…  changed to DX11, no more crashing… so thats that.

Then i just copied an older tiger file backup i had with only the red bikini mod installed and that works so far with DX12 and therefore much better performance (i have a 3070 but the game still runs like shit for me with DX11 lol)

So its maybe two things, DX12 makes it crash, but with newly installed mod(s) that doesn't seem to be a problem .

Kinda weird?

If I remember correctly, running the game in DX11 was always one of the first things we had to do. But at this point, I can't remember.

EDIT: Yup, DX11. DX12 has always caused crashes with some mods. It was mentioned way back in the other ROTTR thread. JOSTAR origionally had it in one of his mods as well. Can't find the mod now. But it was mentioned. (I know, not something newcomers would know.)

Sorry, it's something I forgot because it's been so long. (Alpha released his tool on October 3, 2020) Jostar I believe had a mod before that. Unless I'm confusing this game with SOTTR. Plus, I believe it was mentioned on the first pages of the other thread. Or even on the mod tool page. (But I could be wrong. I know it was mentioned somewhere though. VERY early on.)

Sigh, it's honestly hard to keep up with all the little details with modding games. We honestly need a repository on this site for everyone to go to. That literally has tool downloads, instructions, and game settings for EVERY game that has mods on this site. That way people like me don't have an aneryism after helping for the one hundredth time. (But honestly, that would be a bitch and a half to create. It would take several contributors weeks to do it.)

Final EDIT: But does the game default to DX12 or DX11? I don't know as my system has save files. So I can't verify. But when I downloaded the 813 branch and installed it was already running on DX11.  Even on my 3070 Ti.

Also, what do you consider "shit?" Game runs absolutely perfect for me on my 3070ti maxed out. I'm getting 100 to 170 FPS when I disable vsync. Huge variation but it doesn't go below my monitor's refresh rate when locked so...ya. Not what I'd call "shit", Then again my resolution is 2560x1080 @ 60FPS. So are you running 4K? (I seriously need to upgrade to a 4K monitor.)

Edited by Hakufu1021
59 minutes ago, Hakufu1021 said:

DX12 has always caused crashes with some mods

Maybe, but i played through the whole game with dx12 before this "update" no crashes whatsoever, no jostar mods installed anyhow, i had a combo of several "explorer mod packs" installed , iirc, almost every outfit modded, it was glorious… (until they messed it up with that patch)

After that… only crashes…

but i actually did download the 813 "beta" again , so i bet they changed something there, or simply downloading again broke the mods… (it only downloaded a few kb, but that was obviously enough, dumb steam lol)

Not that i dont have several full backups or anything (highly recommended for "newcomers" btw ; ) ) I was just too lazy to install yet, i wonder if that would change something, it should.

I'm getting 100 to 170 FPS

at ultra settings in geothermal valley? i kinda doubt that tbh… my friend has a 3080 and he says the same thing, game runs terrible in dx11, drops to 50fps, a stuttery mess, none of that in dx12 mode however.

EDIT: But does the game default to DX12 or DX11?

pretty sure it always defaulted to dx11 because they always had issues getting dx12 to work properly, but they eventually managed to fix this… im not even sure which version, but it was the one before the DLSS patch, and it wasnt a "beta" so Im not sure that version is even available, but, of course, thats the version i did make backups of luckily , i just need to get around actually installing / copying it.

And yeah, i agree, its a mess, obviously. 

Edited by XOBOXOXBOX

TY Hakufu 1021 for your assistance. I really do appreciate this help even if I still am not having any success.

It appears obvious I don't know what I'm doing then. That saddens me because up until a year ago I never had a problem with installing mods - albeit, yes, there have always been those that haven't worked for me at all, but I'm talking about the ones that work based on the instructions the author describes.

Someone I think mentioned a black screen - that was m and SOTTR but I found a graphics setting in the game that caused that and it's fixed.

Back to ROTTR mods... I can't be (but wait for it) that much of an idiot that suddenly, after 20 years of writing and installing mods I am as dumb as a bag of rocks with this. It never was a fact that I could get every mod to work with games. Maybe 25% of them I can get to work but when they do they are beautiful. Does anyone have 100% success with every mod? Maybe true. I don't know. I am glad at least that Steam has zero responsibility for the problem and that adjustments are required more often now. Apologies to Steam.

I have tried everything I can think of...

I reinstalled the game in a new folder. Downloaded the Mod injector again (v1.5 I do hope). Downloaded mods again. I've tried removing Log files in the Tools folder. I've watched the video, with serious effot (to find something different in it than I am doing. I just don't know.

All I know is I had the mods I wanted working perfectly by the time I was 80% through the game and one day fired it up and that was that, they didn't work. I'm on a desktop with an AMD processor and an nVidia GeForce 1070, WIN 10 64b Pro.

I'm not going to waste time describing what I do because actually there's not much to it. I do know mods can conflict, but taking a mod I know that it worked I unzip the file. Assuming it's a simply packaged mod, just one mod I drop the extract folder onto the Installmod.bat with is in the ROTTR install directory. If I want to uninstall it I run the Bat file, say yes to uninstall. Often the actual loading process of the mod may take several minutes as files are installed, 10 - 15 minutes in fact. Start the game, go to outfits and select.

I want to add two things here and ask one question more.

1) Someone, maybe more than one person wrote to say the ModInjector v1.5 was no longer working with the latest STEAM update. I gather you're telling me this is not true.

2) A tech friend of mine told me, or I thought he told me of a way to install a Steam game on another HDD so that when Steam launches it won't update that game. I do have my games installed on another HDD but as far as I can see Steam will still control it and update it if it wants to. The game still launches with Steam.

Question: I do not know when Steam is updating a game. I looked for a way in Steam to disable updating and do not find one. When Steam installs an update the folder the game is in becomes updated. If I rename this folder, or if say I have an original copy somewhere and I start to use it it doesn't matter as when I launch the game Steam will automatically update the game anyways. So I didn't understand that method.

Thanks again people for offering your help! I am 67 and a cancer survivor so maybe my days of having extra fun are over.

1 hour ago, Deathlander said:

Does anyone have 100% success with every mod? 

[…lots of other stuff]

I dont think so, some mods are just buggy and wont work or only under certain circumstances / game versions etc… i would  say its more like a 99.5% success rate therefore for most people.

you really need to check if it works for other people chances are itll work for you, and obviously follow the instructions…

if instructions are unclear chances are the mod wont work, at least without further research

maybe more than one person wrote to say the ModInjector v1.5 was no longer working with the latest STEAM updat

this may or may not be, but from what i gathered most people are using beta 813 version for mods as newest version seems to have issues.

the version that had the least issues is currently , and probably never will be available anymore.

…

which is why if youre modding u need to make backups  of games + mods you know are working, that way you can always go back to that…

(if you know how at least, its basically simply swapping everything in the games folder, your backup replaces the "updated" version )

when I launch the game Steam will automatically update the game anyways.

yes, and no: 

I do not know when Steam is updating a game.

well, Steam actually tells you if you set it to "only update when i launch this game"(that is the last and final hint to make a full backup before  actually launching the game )

I am glad at least that Steam has zero responsibility for the problem

Actually, its 100% Steams responsibility, they're the ones enabling publishers to push updates without  explicit user consent and without (an easy way) to prevent or revert these updates, they.used to, but that option  got "canceled" recently… because, obviously, Steam isnt the "good guy" here.

Edited by XOBOXOXBOX
1 hour ago, eleanor rigby said:

talking and talking and talking

On an internet forum , no less! 

"Download, discuss, or get help for various adult games, mods, skins, or hacks."

Honestly what did you expect ?

Edited by XOBOXOXBOX
20 hours ago, XOBOXOXBOX said:

Maybe, but i played through the whole game with dx12 before this "update" no crashes whatsoever, no jostar mods installed anyhow, i had a combo of several "explorer mod packs" installed , iirc, almost every outfit modded, it was glorious… (until they messed it up with that patch)

After that… only crashes…

but i actually did download the 813 "beta" again , so i bet they changed something there, or simply downloading again broke the mods… (it only downloaded a few kb, but that was obviously enough, dumb steam lol)

Not that i dont have several full backups or anything (highly recommended for "newcomers" btw ; ) ) I was just too lazy to install yet, i wonder if that would change something, it should.

at ultra settings in geothermal valley? i kinda doubt that tbh… my friend has a 3080 and he says the same thing, game runs terrible in dx11, drops to 50fps, a stuttery mess, none of that in dx12 mode however.

pretty sure it always defaulted to dx11 because they always had issues getting dx12 to work properly, but they eventually managed to fix this… im not even sure which version, but it was the one before the DLSS patch, and it wasnt a "beta" so Im not sure that version is even available, but, of course, thats the version i did make backups of luckily , i just need to get around actually installing / copying it.

And yeah, i agree, its a mess, obviously. 

I was in WIcked vale when testing. I'll make it a point to test Geothermal in the next day or so.

5 hours ago, Deathlander said:

Sorry, I was a bit harsh. Just tired of all the influx of newcomers coming in and screwing up BASIC install instructions. You are obviously not among that group, so I apologize for treating you as such.

Now, to offer more help instead of being a prick and treating you like shit, the only thing I can offer, besides remoting into your computer (which I'm willing to make an exception and do for free.), is uploading my tiger file. Considering I know it works. You could try that. If it works on your system, then you have your answer. You missed a step,  somewhere. If it doesn't work on your system, you are in the VERY small minority of folks that can't run mods. Why that would be? I have absolutely no idea. I've honestly NEVER encountered this issue. In any mod since I've joined this community. And even before it. Well, I lied, an exception to that is All-in-One HDT Animated Pussy. That damn mod, required holy water, praying to Jesus, and asking god for forgiveness, in order to work. And the odds of it working correctly were 100 to 1. At least for me. I remember spending DAYS on that mod. Nuking my install over and over again to get it working.

But let's run through a check list.

You are using build 813?

Have you tried v1.0 build 820.0_64? (It's a pirated release I know works.)

You have removed ALL log files before installing a mod?

Have you tried this mod : https://www.nexusmods.com/riseofthetombraider/mods/55

Have you tried this mod : https://www.nexusmods.com/riseofthetombraider/mods/23

(Humor me on the prior two questions. At this point, if we can get ANY mod to work on your install, we can expand from there.

Are you using ModInjector 1.5?

Are you dragging and dropping the mods properly? Example for Lara Nude Version X :  You have to drag the Mod folder onto the installmod.bat. (It's in the folder with the PIC.png and README.txt.

Have you completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game?

Have you tried installing the game on a separate HDD? (Steam allows this.)

Again, humor me on these questions. Either something extremely rare is happening, or with the amount of time you've spent on it, something extremely simple is being missed. And no, that's not an insult. I do it ALL the time. Forget the most simplest of steps.

But in the mean time, I'll try to figure out a way to upload my tiger file. That way, you can drop it into your game and report back. If it doesn't work, I'll download a pirated build of the beta (if one exists) and see if you can pass a tiger file between installs. To eliminate that obvious potential issue.

EDIT: Also mind doing two things for me. ONE, taking a screenshot of the FILE size of bigfile.update3.000.000.tiger with the Lara Nude Version X Big boob mod installed. (I'm literally going to compare file size on an install with that exact mod installed and functioning.)

Also, if you can, please provide a video of the command file window of the tool, while it's installing. (That way I can see the output of the tool.)

If you can't produce a video for the tool, no worries. Let's see if the file size is roughly or exactly the same first.

3 hours ago, eleanor rigby said:

talking and talking and talking

It's called troubleshooting. MOVE on if you don't like it! (Seriously? A comment like this on a forum no less! Contribute or be quiet.) Until I see you release a mod, you have absolutely no business making a comment like this.  As at this point, until Alpha returns (if he ever does) and updates the tool, you really aren't going to see new mods. Only mismatches of already released mods. This will primarily be a troubleshooting topic. You want new mods - stalk Nexus.

Funny how your posts are nothing but asking for help, then when someone else asks for help, you complain about it. So do this, it's VERY easy to do. BE QUIET OR HELP!

Edited by Hakufu1021
29 minutes ago, Hakufu1021 said:

Have you tried v1.0 build 820.0_64

maybe thats the "holy grail" build i was talking about… lol.

anyways, yeah, i have a backup (not to mention my current install seems to work) the problem is its really a pain finding it, i have probably like 5tb of backed up steam games (plus mods and other stuff) and its not exactly well organized tbh… 

As for geothermal valley, the russian installation also doesnt run that well with dx11, but geothermal is way way worse… 

Actually i was complaining about it to my friend and he was like "why arent u running dx12!?"  and that fixed *all* the problems!

btw if u test it, it depends on the camera angle, sometimes u get "150" but looking in a different direction u get "55" immediately… its quite jarring.

And yeah the mods worked just fine, i think its SOTTR where u cant use dx12 because of specialk injector, it just doesnt work with dx12… oh and its the same thing, runs way better with dx12, however dx11 is not nearly as bad as in ROTTR.

41 minutes ago, Hakufu1021 said:

check list.

yeah, i agree with all that, provided 813 is installed it shouldn't be too difficult to install mods, especially the ones that are straight forward like the red bikini mod, but even jostars mods arent too difficult, you really  just have to follow the instructions.

44 minutes ago, Hakufu1021 said:

Until I see you release a mod

even then going into a troubleshooting topic with such a comment is just not called for … whats the point besides "notice me senpai" lol…

i mean i made mods (1 even got 1000+ dl on nexus!) but i dont enjoy it, i would rather do more creative work like textures or just ideas, cause the whole extracting, converting, weighting etc business is just very dry and no fun to me at all, and it kinda only stands in the way of the creative process, so respect to the modders who manage to do both (its really very different "talents" and rare to excell at the creative and technical side)

But i still would refrain from such uninspired nonsensical comments, like if ur a modder and a jerk, ur still a jerk in the end lol, no respect from me…) 

28 minutes ago, XOBOXOXBOX said:

It was honestly just a put up or shut up type of comment. As like you said, it was completely uncalled for, so unless you are contributing and have something else to show besides leeching, be quiet. Don't make comments like that when you are literally guilty of the exact same mentality.

Yes, my comments may drone on. But it's because I'm a horrible teacher, so I restate what I'm trying to say, over and over again, to hopefully clarify with more info each time. (Plus I have ADHD. So I'm CONSTANTLY redoing my post because I think information could be lost. Or my post doesn't come across as well as it should. So I literally edit every post I make, multiple times. This one is no exception.) But seriously, for a comment like what he made, it's extremely disrespectful. Especially towards a person who has done nothing but try and help newcomers. I could say screw everyone. Not help. But despite how absolutely infuriating it is sometimes for me (as evident by my prior post to Death) I still come back to try and help. So, the question should be, do you REALLY want to piss off someone like that? Think before you post.

His comment, absolutely chapped my ass. Honestly, most people would have simply told him to F off, and stopped offering their support. Guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.

EDIT: But ya, I'm gonna test geothermal now. And I'll report back. As I'm also booting the game up to make sure the tiger file works properly that I plan on sending to Death. So I'll edit this post with my stats. (I'll PM him the tiger file. As while he owns the game, I'm not sure on the legality. For moderators, Please don't ban me. I'm literally just applying a mod to the game files and sharing the file that is affected. You can't pirate the game from this file.)

EDIT2: Yup, I see what you mean about Geothermal. Uncapped framerate, moving the camera around it dips as low as 52 FPS on my rig in DX11. (That's FUCKING INSANE!) Uploading the tiger file now Death.

Edited by Hakufu1021

Hi and thank you Hakufu1021... seems my "dumb as a bag of rocks" post got a lot of traction. Also comments after confuse me but whatever... Not sure who this Alpha is, gather a guru of sorts.

Hakufu1021 you gave me a lot of good suggestions to try... I don't know if it's you others are saying you drone on but to me you're helpful and I accept your apology, btw. No I am not a newby to modding! I will try your suggestions, might even be nice to somehow speak with you... Not sure how that could be accomplished let alone a "free" desktop consultation.

v813 like I said works only as far as getting to the main menu where I can continue, run the benchtest, etc. After that I get a black screen and have to invoke the task manager to end the game. It really sucks what is happening because I do feel dumb as a bag of rocks especially if what you say about 99% of others is true they are not having a problem.

Someone mentioned using DX12... interesting as I thought for sure that was not going to work so I have not tried using DX12 with ROTTR.

Steam SHOULD include an option to not update - And if I have a BEEF with Steam that would be it! It is way easier to buy a game through Steam but if they are going to make it so my games F*** up[ then I am not happy with them. There is no reason that I know of for Steam to update a game that has been out 6+ years and that is working the way I want it to. If my mods were working then stopped who else can I blame??

Like I said Hakufu1021 Thx and I will try your suggestions, just takes me a lot more time than when I was younger and truthfully I am exhausted trying to fix this.

I can figure out how to take a video of the process although I don't know how that will help... I know that as long as it is installing the mod via CMD window and it takes 10-15 minutes it's installing. Yes there are things like log file doesn't match and crap like that but that was alsways there and the mods use to work like I said.

NEW TACK as I just installed another mod - Lara Nude Mod (Grey Henley) which took about 15 minutes to run. I launched the Installmod.bat first and uninstalled any other mods, and now I get a typical (for me) error when launching ROTTR: "PCDX11 Texture Constructor". See Screengrab. Maybe I do need to use DX 12 but I'm not optimistic... Steam is requiring me to validate files and one will be found invalid, based on experience though this doesn't always happen.

Modinjector version is: 20-1-5-1632505948

BTW... maybe it's me that someone commented about droning on... Hope not but if it is, LOL, F you... think this s*** is simple and without forums like this I'd be dead in the water.

UPDATE: No success but... I ran through the Steam validation to fix that one file. I launched the game (DX11). I loaded my Wicked Vale last campsite save. Something strange has happened. I no longer have separate options for the Grey or blue Henley. I now have "Desert Tanktop". Still not nude though. So I tried DX 12. Restarted the game of course and went back to campsite save. The game runs fine and no change, still Desert Tanktop. Oh and yes I switched between costume/clothing trying Leather jacket and such.

I going to uninstall the most recent mod using modinjector and try a mod that used to work. Using DX 12.

UPDATE Appended: No luck! No difference really between DX 11 and 12 and no change installing a mod that worked before: Lara Nude Mod (small boobs) Version X. Yeah I know you asked me to try "large boobs" but really... I like the small boobs version. :)

PCDX11 Texture Constructor Error.JPG

Steam Patch Info 01.JPG

Edited by Deathlander
4 hours ago, Deathlander said:

Alpha is the creator of the Mod Injector.

I notice a few times, you are saying you are uninstalling mods through ModInjector. Don't do that. That could be your problem. The files are so messed up, the game doesn't know what to do with them. As I'm not even sure there is a way to uninstall mods through the injector. When you want to uninstall mods, you delete the tiger file and restore a backup.

Uninstall the game completely. Then reinstall it. Start completely fresh.

After the game is completely installed fresh, try the mod file I sent to your PM. It's a tiger file with Lara Nude Version X Big boobs. I verified it works ingame myself. Let's see if we can get that working first.

Also - Desert Tanktop is an outfit you get towards the end of the game or after completing the game. So it's not weird. Just probably a more complete save file.

Finally does your Steam look like this picture? You get to this menu by rightclicking the Game in the game list, and choosing properties. Then going down to BETAs.

Again, I know some of this is really simple, but I'm trying to establish a baseline. That way I can move further.

As far as talking/remoting in - that's easy enough to get setup. As long as you have a mic. But we'll do that after again I can establish a baseline.

EDIT: Also some mods aren't working. I believe that PCDX11 Texture Constructor error means that mod just won't work on the latest 813 build. So try using the mod I gave you in PM.

beta813.JPG

Edited by Hakufu1021
22 minutes ago, Hakufu1021 said:

Alpha is the creator of the Mod Injector.

I notice a few times, you are saying you are uninstalling mods through ModInjector. Don't do that. That could be your problem. The files are so messed up, the game doesn't know what to do with them. As I'm not even sure there is a way to uninstall mods through the injector. When you want to uninstall mods, you delete the tiger file and restore a backup.

<< It's the way I always uninstalled and the modinjector states it's doing it. I will try your way next time. >>

Uninstall the game completely. Then reinstall it. Start completely fresh.

<<I will>

After the game is completely installed fresh, try the mod file I sent to your PM. It's a tiger file with Lara Nude Version X Big boobs. I verified it works ingame myself. Let's see if we can get that working first.

<<And where do I find my PM??>>

Also - Desert Tanktop is an outfit you get towards the end of the game or after completing the game. So it's not weird. Just probably a more complete save file.

Finally does your Steam look like this picture? You get to this menu by rightclicking the Game in the game list, and choosing properties. Then going down to BETAs.

<<YES>>

Again, I know some of this is really simple, but I'm trying to establish a baseline. That way I can move further.

<<Okay>>

As far as talking/remoting in - that's easy enough to get setup. As long as you have a mic. But we'll do that after again I can establish a baseline.

<<Okay, Thx>>

EDIT: Also some mods aren't working. I believe that PCDX11 Texture Constructor error means that mod just won't work on the latest 813 build. So try using the mod I gave you in PM. <<I was on the latest version, not 813. With 813 I get a black screen after continuing from the main menu and have to exit using Task manager>>

22 minutes ago, Hakufu1021 said:

beta813.JPG

With 813 I get a black screen after continuing from the main menu and have to exit using Task manager

Does that also happen with no mods installed?

Because usually that black screen means mods were installed incorrectly or, funny enough, you need to try a different checkpoint. Depending on where you are in the game some mods will make the game hang.

10 hours ago, Deathlander said:

You have to be on Build 813 for mods. That is the latest version that works with mods.

Also your PM (personal message) also known as DM (direct message) is the second icon over from create. It's the two little speech bubbles DIRECTLY after the globe icon. Here's a screenshot.

PM.JPG

Notice  the + Create down arrow button? Then the globe with 39 notifications. THE ICON directly after that (two speech bubbles) is your DM/PM. Click that, you'll see I DM'd you with a mega.nz link. Download that, and then put it in your root folder for Rise of the Tomb Raider. Then launch the game. MAKE SURE, you overwrite. Choose Grey Hanley or Expedition outfit. You should be greeted with lara in all her glory. PLEASE tell me if you don't. As, then I'll send you instructions for remote desktop.

Also AGAIN, make sure you are on build 813. As this file is for build 813.

Here's a pic of what you should see after clicking on the dual speech bubble.

Try this.JPG

EDIT: Also when you say the below, are you saying even with a stock install you are experiencing the issue? Or just after attempting to install a mod? As if you are experiencing an issue with a stock game. We have WAY more problems then just getting a mod installed.  I pray a stock install works for you. Otherwise, me and you are both literally banging our heads against the wall for no reason. As I honestly can't help you, if a stock install with no mods, doesn't work. (I need to know this info when you reply. Because if the answer is Yes, unfortunately I have absolutely no clue how to help you. If no, we still have hope. As chances are, you are doing something wrong. Again, this is meaning no offense. It happens. Especially when troubleshooting for so long. So if my tiger file doesn't work, chances are I can get you up and running by remoting in with absolutely no problem.) But again, we'll tackle that based on your next reply. If the tiger doesn't work, then I'll PM/DM you my available times, and verify you have the means for me to remote in. (Essentially just the software I link to you, and your computer. Mic is a bonus. But if you don't have that, I can just open up a notepad on your desktop and communicate with you in real time that way. Scammers do that shit all the time. So why can't I? LMAO!)

And to alleviate any worry in case it comes to that, I will not be linking software I created. It will be verifiable, proven software. That has existed in the IT industry for a good decade or more.

<<I was on the latest version, not 813. With 813 I get a black screen after continuing from the main menu and have to exit using Task manager>>

Edited by Hakufu1021
On 2/2/2022 at 5:37 AM, Hakufu1021 said:

EDIT2: Yup, I see what you mean about Geothermal. Uncapped framerate, moving the camera around it dips as low as 52 FPS on my rig in DX11. (That's FUCKING INSANE!) Uploading the tiger file now Death.

heh, told you! : D

well, its running  buttery smooth 60fps with dx12  ?

7 hours ago, Hakufu1021 said:

You have to be on Build 813 for mods. That is the latest version that works with mods.

Also your PM (personal message) also known as DM (direct message) is the second icon over from create. It's the two little speech bubbles DIRECTLY after the globe icon. Here's a screenshot.

PM.JPG

Notice  the + Create down arrow button? Then the globe with 39 notifications. THE ICON directly after that (two speech bubbles) is your DM/PM. Click that, you'll see I DM'd you with a mega.nz link. Download that, and then put it in your root folder for Rise of the Tomb Raider. Then launch the game. MAKE SURE, you overwrite. Choose Grey Hanley or Expedition outfit. You should be greeted with lara in all her glory. PLEASE tell me if you don't. As, then I'll send you instructions for remote desktop.

Also AGAIN, make sure you are on build 813. As this file is for build 813.

Here's a pic of what you should see after clicking on the dual speech bubble.

Try this.JPG

EDIT: Also when you say the below, are you saying even with a stock install you are experiencing the issue? Or just after attempting to install a mod? As if you are experiencing an issue with a stock game. We have WAY more problems then just getting a mod installed.  I pray a stock install works for you. Otherwise, me and you are both literally banging our heads against the wall for no reason. As I honestly can't help you, if a stock install with no mods, doesn't work. (I need to know this info when you reply. Because if the answer is Yes, unfortunately I have absolutely no clue how to help you. If no, we still have hope. As chances are, you are doing something wrong. Again, this is meaning no offense. It happens. Especially when troubleshooting for so long. So if my tiger file doesn't work, chances are I can get you up and running by remoting in with absolutely no problem.) But again, we'll tackle that based on your next reply. If the tiger doesn't work, then I'll PM/DM you my available times, and verify you have the means for me to remote in. (Essentially just the software I link to you, and your computer. Mic is a bonus. But if you don't have that, I can just open up a notepad on your desktop and communicate with you in real time that way. Scammers do that shit all the time. So why can't I? LMAO!)

And to alleviate any worry in case it comes to that, I will not be linking software I created. It will be verifiable, proven software. That has existed in the IT industry for a good decade or more.

Hi... Maybe modinjector 1.5 is my problem!? Anyways I did try 813 again and like I said before, I can load it and launch and get to the main menu (the menu where I have the benchtest option) but once I try to go past that into the game I get a black screen and can do nothing. I can't exit without using task manager to end it. I have tried DX11 and DX12 with both versions of the game - 813 and the current version.

So what I've done is update the 813 to the latest version, renamed that folder, went back to my original game folder, replaced the BigFile.Update,3.000 and .001 tiger files with the fresh ones. I reinstalled the modinjector. I ran the game (DX12) to verify it will run and it does. I exit the game. I drop the Lara Nude Mod (small boobs) X (I can't download from your link) which I know worked previously and still nothing. I go to my last campsite save and load the outfits, try different ones before going back to Henley or leather jacket. I did find I need the pair of tiger files - .3000.000 and the .3.000.001 or the game won't load. I have copies still of the clean Tiger files to go back to.

I am seriously beginning to think that my problem is maybe a change I made back when to the graphics or display. I plan to load the defaults but I have hesitated only because I don't feel like setting all that up again because I doubt that's it. Maybe it is. Or maybe like I said I need to find the modinjector 1.4.

I'm really starting to feel like an idiot here... all this work for what? A nude Lara? But thing is it's a game and I have fun playing it and I have fun with the mods, or at least I did. If I am less than 1% of those having a problem I am very confused. I am confused because I can read and see that others here have problems too - I figure we are the tip of an iceberg so if there are 6 people here without a problem and 3 with then multiply that by 1000 and (people who say something or nothing) and I figure I must be 1 of 3000 with and you are 1 of 6000 who are without a problem.

And why can't I run the Beta 813 for god's sake?? This whole thing is frying my brain! I need to load game defaults - not a big deal really because like you are saying it must be something simple.

I apologize for not following everyone of your instructions verbatim... that's because I do understand the basic concepts you are using.

Graphics.JPG

Graphics.JPG

Launch Screen.JPG

Edited by Deathlander

If you cant run 813 even without mods, there are other issues.

you can DDU your drivers then possibly reinstall older Nvidia drivers, but the important part would be DDU here

if that doesn't help possible reinstall of windows.

yeah, i know that doesn't sound great but if you say 813 doesn't run there are obviously issues with the system, either hardware or software.

full specs of your pc might also help to see if there is something wrong, including windows version.  

I have had that issue where you get the black screen, but I always got through it.

With a clean 813 (no mods) try loading another save, or create a new save. I actually remember having this problem a few times, but I always fixed it by loading another save on a clean game or by reloading another save. I'm not sure about the steps, but I've been there.

You just have to keep fucking with it.

Hi... Maybe modinjector 1.5 is my problem!? Anyways I did try 813 again and like I said before, I can load it and launch and get to the main menu (the menu where I have the benchtest option) but once I try to go past that into the game I get a black screen and can do nothing. I can't exit without using task manager to end it. I have tried DX11 and DX12 with both versions of the game - 813 and the current version.

So what I've done is update the 813 to the latest version, renamed that folder, went back to my original game folder, replaced the BigFile.Update,3.000 and .001 tiger files with the fresh ones. I reinstalled the modinjector. I ran the game (DX12) to verify it will run and it does. I exit the game. I drop the Lara Nude Mod (small boobs) X (I can't download from your link) which I know worked previously and still nothing. I go to my last campsite save and load the outfits, try different ones before going back to Henley or leather jacket. I did find I need the pair of tiger files - .3000.000 and the .3.000.001 or the game won't load. I have copies still of the clean Tiger files to go back to.

I am seriously beginning to think that my problem is maybe a change I made back when to the graphics or display. I plan to load the defaults but I have hesitated only because I don't feel like setting all that up again because I doubt that's it. Maybe it is. Or maybe like I said I need to find the modinjector 1.4.

I'm really starting to feel like an idiot here... all this work for what? A nude Lara? But thing is it's a game and I have fun playing it and I have fun with the mods, or at least I did. If I am less than 1% of those having a problem I am very confused. I am confused because I can read and see that others here have problems too - I figure we are the tip of an iceberg so if there are 6 people here without a problem and 3 with then multiply that by 1000 and (people who say something or nothing) and I figure I must be 1 of 3000 with and you are 1 of 6000 who are without a problem.

And why can't I run the Beta 813 for god's sake?? This whole thing is frying my brain! I need to load game defaults - not a big deal really because like you are saying it must be something simple.

I apologize for not following everyone of your instructions verbatim... that's because I do understand the basic concepts you are using.

Graphics.JPG

Graphics.JPG

Launch Screen.JPG

Ok, I know this sucks. But try a clean save. Start the game over. See if you can get into game without that black screen. (Backup your old saves of course.)

Also, to be absolutely safe - disable Exclusive Fullscreen in the screenshot above. JUST use Full Screen and Enable DX 12. Also, could the black screen be the loading screen? And maybe a setting is expanding the gaming window beyond the bounds of your monitor. So you aren't seeing the loading icon? I don't know I'm running out of ideas.

But after disabling exclusive Full screen, and trying a clean save (from the start of the game) just let the game run. Go grab a coffee, go take a shower, go watch TV for 10 minutes. Whatever. Just leave the game alone. See if it eventually get's past it.

But after CLEAN build of 813, clean save file, and as others have suggested cleaning your Graphics Drivers with DDU, if build 813 still doesn't work stock after say 10 minutes of sitting at that black screen. I'm at a complete loss. I have no idea how to help you. As I'm honestly not sure if I can remote in to your computer and fix things, if I have to replace graphics drivers. I've honestly never had to do that remotely. So I'm wary of even remoting in, unless you've fixed your drivers yourself. I won't do that part. Because if something breaks with the graphics driver, and it kicks me out of the session, I can't fix it.

And mods won't work on the absolute latest build of Steam. Thanks to them fucking breaking it. (I agree with the frustration of steam screwing up games that haven't been updated in 6+ months or even a year or two. But unfortunately, we'll never have any push to get that changed. Maybe an opt out button. which would be awesome! But ya...) So if you update your game to the latest build, grab any files from it, especially the tiger files, and put them in the 813 build. Of course they won't work. As that's the whole problem with the latest build. They changed the files just enough, the modinjector doesn't properly put mods into them. So while the game may launch and be playable, the mods won't work.

Edited by Hakufu1021

Thx... I'm confused with this statement you made: "And mods won't work on the absolute latest build of Steam. Thanks to them fucking breaking it. (I agree with the frustration of steam screwing up games that haven't been updated in 6+ months or even a year or two. But unfortunately, we'll never have any push to get that changed. Maybe an opt out button. which would be awesome! But ya...) So if you update your game to the latest build, grab any files from it, especially the tiger files, and put them in the 813 build. Of course they won't work. As that's the whole problem with the latest build. They changed the files just enough, the modinjector doesn't properly put mods into them. So while the game may launch and be playable, the mods won't work. ".

Fixated with it in fact. The way Steam works on my machine it is always the latest - as there isn't an opt out.

I'm definitely not a newby when it comes to drivers - years of experience. My graphics drivers are quite fine. I keep them up to date with GeForce Experience. I like your idea that the screen size the game is using may somehow be outside parameters. That is very possible.

Reload Windows, ha ha... I mean I can do that easily enough and even have done it periodically but I'll pass on doing it for this reason.

It could even be my anti-virus affecting something, so intend to try with that off.

Not sure how or if you were asking about a video of the CMD window while loading a mod but I've attached an example.

I am hesitant, quite hesitant to post full PC diagnosis but if there is one that would give gaming info that's a possibility - at the moment I can't think of what diagnostic tool to use.

And believe me I'm racking my brain too on this partly as I do sometimes like a challenge but I am running out of patience. And

I do agree though it sounds like a specific issue with my PC setup... Something I changed back when by coincidence when the Steam update launched. I do however try to heed the warning, "If it's not broken don't mess with it."

CMD Snap.JPG

So much for that mod - got that Texture error again. Replacing Tiger files and will take the time to try running 813 again, and as I have two monitors, one is 1920 x 1080, up to a 140Hz Refresh rate; the other monitor is an Ultra High Def 60Hz, 3840 x 2160. Both HDCP capable. I have been running the game on the 140 Hz monitor.

So off to try v813 again. I am sure glad I am retired :) I would go nuts thinking about this at work 8 hours a day!!

No luck with 813 as I mentioned, anti-virus off, exclusive full screen off, both monitors tried, Benchtest works, Extra Expeditions work, but not the load game. Afraid to start a new game as I said.

I reverted back to the current Steam version (which you said works for 99.9% of gamers)

Attached are more screensnaps of installing the small boobs X mod using latest Steam version.

01-X Mod-01.JPG

01-X Mod-02.JPG

01-X Mod-Finished Installing mod.JPG