Navetsea Face In skins collection (25 skins in default and non-default versions)

I believe that I've created the fullest collection of Navetsea skins for The Sims 3 on the web:

https://mega.nz/folder/UgBCwbpQ#le0T3O2UCryBMo8qziB3Dg

Not only it combines everything that can be found elsewhere, it will also contain my own conversions from non-default to default versions and vice versa. I plan to do it everywhere the original is missing. So if skin originally only had default or non-default version I won't bother.

I also plan to edit some barbiedoll Navetsea skins from MTS and add the naughty bits to include long-time missing adult editions of Cute and Hairy v2.

Maybe there will also be a comparision of all the skins so you can choose which one you want at a glance. The possibilities are endless.

There's also one skin which wasn't posted anywhere but CStyle forums and ancient V2B, V2C and SS2 skins from Insimadult board. I'm waiting for admin's approval at Garden of Shadows forums to see what do they have here.

Remember that you can have only one default skin and as much non-default skins as you like. But for that I recommend Cmar's skintone panel mod, which is a standalone module and doesn't require XCAS or anything like that.

There's a nifty table of contents:

309565580_navetseaskins.PNG.d21f0361377c6f16374d29873ad22f40.PNG

If you have any skin that's missing, let me now, I'll include it.

1. What's the folder naming schema?

The number of the folder represents the order of apperance of the skin on

Navetsea blog. If there are only one dash -, it means that skin got only one version which is missing. And if there are two, like that: --, it means that skin got 2 versions and the're both missing. D means default, N means non-default skin. If there's -N, it means the default version of a skin is missing. If D-, the non-default is missing.

2. How do you know that this Glam Edition is in fact v1 and not v2 (revised version)?

The original link for v1 Glam default skin is still reachable through Navetsea blog and it's no different from the one on

SexySims.info. So as I downloaded the non-default version from SS, I was sure that it is v1 and not v2. So it's a strong evidence that Glam revised version (v2) is still missing. Unless Navetsea updated their links both on blog and SS which is unlike, because v1 and v2 versions were separated and available each on their own on the blog.

3. How do I know which T.S.I (Asian) Edition is which?

Like with Glam edition, the original links for some T.S.I skins were available directly from Navetsea blog. I've managed to download T.S.I v1 non-default (and there is only non-default version) and T.S.I v2 default version.

4. Why there are no skins like Cute or Hairy v2, which are available on MTS?

I refuse to use any barbiedoll skins (without genitalia) so I didn't include those. I'm thinking on editing the barbiedoll versions from MTS, but IDK if my skills are good enough. I didn't test every skin yet so please don't hesitate to tell me if you spot any barbiedoll ones.

5. Which skins will be your original conversions?

I didn't find Hairy v1 non-default, Real1 default and T.S.I v2 non-default, so I plan to convert them from their respective counterparts to fill-in the gaps. I hope everything's working.

6. Which skins are missing?

There's no Wild (Hairy) v2 Edition, V2R Edition (which was described as a successor to V2C), Cute Edition and Glam revised Edition.

Wild v2 gets advertised on SexySims.info but it's not available for downloading.

Also the Normal Edition got some revisions. I downloaded the default version directly from Navetsea blog and it's the same as the one on SexySims.info. And there it's branded as "revised" on the images presenting the skin.

My strong guess that this "revision" is referring to old SS2 (v1 and v2), V2B and V2C skins which I've also included. But since they're ancient, my advice is to use them only for research and comparision purposes. They're in an old format separating face, body and sometimes specular.

7. What is this BONUS CStyle Edition skin?

Navetsea made one version of their skin exclusievly for CStyles forums and and I've decided to include it.

8. Do those skins work for any age?

Some do, some do not, I'm yet to check.

Edited by wapitawg
  • wapitawg changed the title to Navetsea Face In skins collection (25 skins in default and non-default versions)
  • 4 weeks later...

Let me know if you want the Bahudain realism add-ons for the Navetsea skins. They're a must have companion to the skins for me, but not many people appreciated Bahudain's work back in the day. It adds detailed hand-palms, pouries and keratine. All of it are Normal-map edits, but Bahudain was a miracle worker, IMO. If you combine CmarNY edits, Bahudain Edits and a Navetsea skin you get the best looking Sims, as far as I'm concerned.

9 hours ago, javamonsoon said:

Let me know if you want the Bahudain realism add-ons for the Navetsea skins. They're a must have companion to the skins for me, but not many people appreciated Bahudain's work back in the day. It adds detailed hand-palms, pouries and keratine. All of it are Normal-map edits, but Bahudain was a miracle worker, IMO. If you combine CmarNY edits, Bahudain Edits and a Navetsea skin you get the best looking Sims, as far as I'm concerned.

I've been using Buhudain's YAR maps since my first modding attempts, they're a must have, but I don't plan to include them in this pack. What Cmar's edits are you mentioning tho?

15 hours ago, wapitawg said:

I've been using Buhudain's YAR maps since my first modding attempts, they're a must have, but I don't plan to include them in this pack. What Cmar's edits are you mentioning tho?

This is the entire CmarNY collection that I use in my game, including edits that are hard to find now as CmarNY doesn't seem interested anymore in their mods. (Understandable, there's a 1000year layer of dust on most TS3 mods.) What I enjoy about it is that the OG Maxis shape is being preserved, unlike other 'realism' mods that seem to think that women are aliens that can bend in unnatural directions. Navetsea and Bahudain go perfectly with CmarNY edits though.

I took the freedom to rar up both the CmarNY stuff that I use in conjunction with Navetsea and the Buhudain stuff for those that want it.

Included with the CmarNY stuff there's the teen-maternity wear that are just edits of the basic TS3 teenclothes. I also have the working CmarNY teen-pregnancy morphs for the teen-model, but that's outside the scope of this discussion. The reason why the clothes edits are present is because I'm too lazy to be smart about it. soz.

Cmar.rar Buhudain.rar

Edited by javamonsoon
I rarred that shit up.
21 hours ago, javamonsoon said:

This is the entire CmarNY collection that I use in my game, including edits that are hard to find now as CmarNY doesn't seem interested anymore in their mods. (Understandable, there's a 1000year layer of dust on most TS3 mods.) What I enjoy about it is that the OG Maxis shape is being preserved, unlike other 'realism' mods that seem to think that women are aliens that can bend in unnatural directions. Navetsea and Bahudain go perfectly with CmarNY edits though.

I took the freedom to rar up both the CmarNY stuff that I use in conjunction with Navetsea and the Buhudain stuff for those that want it.

Included with the CmarNY stuff there's the teen-maternity wear that are just edits of the basic TS3 teenclothes. I also have the working CmarNY teen-pregnancy morphs for the teen-model, but that's outside the scope of this discussion. The reason why the clothes edits are present is because I'm too lazy to be smart about it. soz.

Cmar.rar 4.45 MB · 6 downloads Buhudain.rar 66.64 MB · 6 downloads

Ah, those. Got them, like Buhu's, from the very beginning of my modding career

• 6 months later...

Hey guys.

Sooo... This thread is a life saver, but even mega links might die over time. So I've created this github repo: https://github.com/Lex-DRL/Navetsea-S3-AWPI

It combines all the Navetsea's mods I was able to find. 99% of them are straight from wapitawg's archive. But I did some work, too (detecting duplicates, recovering original timestamps for files, collecting all the preview images / descriptions). I hope it would become the go-to place for Navetsea's mods.

Feel free to fork it. And don't hesitate to share any Navetsea's mods if you happen to still have them on hand. Let's restore the archive together!

Edited by tqdeas28
On 6/2/2022 at 1:55 AM, tqdeas28 said:

restore the archive

This.

Like some creators whom are kind enough to make huge 'content dumps' on SFS (SimsFileShare) it gives these files a home for a bit longer than all those 'hit and run' blog references.

1 hour ago, landess said:

it gives these files a home for a bit longer

That's why I believe GitHub is much better place to store the archive. With all due respect to the great thing SimsFileShare portal does, it's much more likely to lose uploaded content there, speaking in a long term.

Besides, GitHub provides a simple way to collaborate in this initiative. Unlike any file hosting, where only the original uploader can update the pack. This leads, again, to a plethora of re-uploads creating a problem of determining which version of the same mod in which re-upload is the most recent one. GitHub project, however, once published, stays in the internet forever.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 7:55 AM, tqdeas28 said:

Hey guys.

Sooo... This thread is a life saver, but even mega links might die over time. So I've created this github repo: https://github.com/Lex-DRL/Navetsea-S3-AWPI

It combines all the Navetsea's mods I was able to find. 99% of them are straight from wapitawg's archive. But I did some work, too (detecting duplicates, recovering original timestamps for files, collecting all the preview images / descriptions). I hope it would become the go-to place for Navetsea's mods.

Feel free to fork it. And don't hesitate to share any Navetsea's mods if you happen to still have them on hand. Let's restore the archive together!

Great idea, although IDK if GitHub repo doesn't violate ToS from mods creator. Let's not dive into that and enjoy this initiative.

What is this 1% I did not include and what was duplicated?

• 1 year later...