Well, my townies, like dopes, put all the women stuff on. Sometimes heels, makeup, rings... whatever.

Now i tried to solve this problem with Sim 4 Studios to make batch fix so that townies can not use CC. That backfired, as townies started to have no face anymore.

Question. Did i do it wrong with the batch fix or is it either or, meaning either they have access to CC or missing face.

Its really annoying.

7 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

Well, my townies, like dopes, put all the women stuff on. Sometimes heels, makeup, rings... whatever.

Well I can't help with fixing the Batch job but there is a mod that stops that issue if you ever get that bug fixed.

Simthing-Clever No Random Dressed Townies.

It uses filters for each pack you have and almost never breaks, (Just remove the filters for the packs you don't have).

I have mine loading before all the other mods/cc.

https://simthing-clever.tumblr.com/

46 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Well I can't help with fixing the Batch job but there is a mod that stops that issue if you ever get that bug fixed.

It uses filters for each pack you have and almost never breaks, (Just remove the filters for the packs you don't have).

Mm. i think this seems to me like something going awry.

You can sort everything in CAS but townies (Game) uses all CC parts. Strange.

Thanks, i have it installed.

No biggy with the Batch, there is a backup. :)

I had a similar experience with the batch. Finally realized I had downloaded a default eye replacement somewhere along the way, so when it made the default eyes not available to townies it created some very interesting neighbours....

I now organize my CC: folders based on Build/Buy vs CAS - Clothes vs CAS - Body/Hair stuff and the batch job works fine. 

Well, i have lots of replacements. I have to admit, i went just like "lets do this".

The game utilizes all the mods for generating townies. I haven't tried to this with a new game though. Perhaps, you have to start a new game instead like me, doing it midgame.

Meaning, if you this midgame and the game already generated townies and used CC, after the batch they are missing. But that is just what i think

Edited by wutpickel
16 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Have to say, that it appears in CAS mods are still cross used by the game. Maybe the mod is outdated? Haven't checked that. Actually, it seems it is just for clothing but not accessories.

16 hours ago, wutpickel said:

Now i tried to solve this problem with Sim 4 Studios to make batch fix so that townies can not use CC. That backfired, as townies started to have no face anymore.

Question. Did i do it wrong with the batch fix or is it either or, meaning either they have access to CC or missing face.

Its really annoying.

You can easily avoid your male sims using female stuff by tagging it correctly (lots of cc are tagged both for female and male because who the hell knows why).

The most usual cause till the "no-face-sims" is opening (or batch fix) "cien-no ea lashes for all" cc or any of its variants. But it can be also other default replacements that you tag as "not for random" although in most cases it reverts to default ea then. 

43 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

Have to say, that it appears in CAS mods are still cross used by the game. Maybe the mod is outdated? Haven't checked that. Actually, it seems it is just for clothing but not accessories.

Are they EA Accessories or CC?

Don't have that problem myself but I've edited all the flags in my CC for 'Don't Allow for Random' and proper genders.

Most EA items are flagged for both genders tho.

Edited by Scorpio

I haven't tried the mod, but based on the description I think it just blocks townies from wearing some of the more out there CAS items from the pack, I don't see any reference to cleaning out CC usage.

If you use MCCC, there is the fashion police files where someone did a whole lot of work to create decent looks from a lot of the packs so that townies would have to chose from specific outfits. Haven't tried it out and it looks like they're no longer working on it, but I think that just means townies won't leverage newer packs:

I still personally like the Sims4Studio batch job because I don't have to worry about mod updates. Would depend on how easy it is for you to isolate all of your default replacement packages though so that the batch job doesn't run on those specific files so that townies can still use them. 

Edited by Cafferty
2 hours ago, babuchas said:

You can easily avoid your male sims using female stuff by tagging it correctly (lots of cc are tagged both for female and male because who the hell knows why).

The most usual cause till the "no-face-sims" is opening (or batch fix) "cien-no ea lashes for all" cc or any of its variants. But it can be also other default replacements that you tag as "not for random" although in most cases it reverts to default ea then. 

I think this did the trick.

It amazes me that this cc actually was the cause. I ran the batch and made these three available to men and it seems to work. I hope with the next iteration of sims, there will be a more strict separation of cc between genders.

Right now, my main goal is to banish all townies. 

Grrr. it was to early to celebrate.

Funny, the bar tender (townie) seems fine, the others not.

So i have to experiment more till i find that particular CC. I know now how.

2021-09-16 11_08_33-The Sims™ 4.jpg

I noticed that townies still have the problem.

But more importantly, it appears that their face is in the body. So they are not gone acutally.

Btw. is there a way to read out what the townie is using for the face? I tried MCCC but these seem like Hex numbers.

2021-09-16 13_42_59-The Sims™ 4.jpg

This makes me ROTFL.

Silly game.

Edited by wutpickel
20 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

I noticed that townies still have the problem.

But more importantly, it appears that their face is in the body. So they are not gone acutally.

Btw. is there a way to read out what the townie is using for the face? I tried MCCC but these seem like Hex numbers.

2021-09-16 13_42_59-The Sims™ 4.jpg

If you are using that cc that i mentioned (cien ea no lashes) it breaks as soon as you open or edit with sims4studio, and there is no way to fix it, you have to download it again. There are some other default replacement that cannot be fixed once you edited in sims4studio and the only way is to download again. 

You can see all cc a sim is using (clothes, accessories, and even body parts and default replacement) using "sims 4 tray importer". 

Edited by babuchas
49 minutes ago, babuchas said:

If you are using that cc that i mentioned (cien ea no lashes) it breaks as soon as you open or edit with sims4studio, and there is no way to fix it, you have to download it again. There are some other default replacement that cannot be fixed once you edited in sims4studio and the only way is to download again. 

You can see all cc a sim is using (clothes, accessories, and even body parts and default replacement) using "sims 4 tray importer". 

Ah, got it. 

So many traps. :) Ok, have to do. I have an backup so just copy over.

Btw. this is not exactly on topic, but if i create lots NPC's, when will the game utilize them instead of townies? I am not sure if i need to dumb them on empty lot or leave em in the gallery.

If i understand the game correctly, if by default 80 is the population, so if i have that amount of npc and i delete all EA townies, should the game not use them? That would solve my problem, at least for some time, till someone dies.

Thanks a lot. I really used the web and came up with rather nothing in that regard.

1 hour ago, wutpickel said:

If i understand the game correctly, if by default 80 is the population,

80 is the limit for Played Households only in the Manage Households Menu.

Townies and Homeless are in Other and the game can add 200 or more depending on aging and other things.

With MCCC settings you can set it to import your Gallery(Library) Sims by percent from 0% to 100%.

(If you don't have a bunch of sims saved it will import the same ones over and over).

Find a computer:

MC Command Center > MC Population > Population Settings > Import Tray Settings

It can also prevent the game from adding useless Careers to your Townies(Residents), like Assistant Dishwasher, Line Cook, etc.

MC Careers Menu

Set all to 0,0

All the sims will now be available for Service Jobs like Bartenders, Vendors, DJ's, etc.

If you want to limit how many get imported into your game you need a mod like NPCC(Paid only now) or...

Zero_NoRandom Assign Jobs, this one has filters also and you might have to remove a filter to let the game add certain Service sims.

Once they spawn you can put the filers back in the game.

Another one that never breaks with game updates.

NPCC is a script mod and it does break on occasion and Paulson is quite slow with updates and fixes on Patreon.

Not long ago I wouldn't play my game without it but it has caused too many problems recently so I've switched over to Zero's mod.

The game wants to generate 50 different Bartenders, 20 Pizza Delivery, 30 Mail Carriers, etc.

Most service jobs have 3 shifts and create new ones for every Town you have.

The whole setup is a bit complicated but I only have a few sims added to my games now.

But I also play with aging off and 'no culling.    

Edited by Scorpio
2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Townies and Homeless are in Other and the game can add 200 or more depending on aging and other things.

With MCCC settings you can set it to import your Gallery(Library) Sims by percent from 0% to 100%.

(If you don't have a bunch of sims saved it will import the same ones over and over).

Find a computer:

It can also prevent the game from adding useless Careers to your Townies(Residents), like Assistant Dishwasher, Line Cook, etc.

MC Careers Menu

Set all to 0,0

All the sims will now be available for Service Jobs like Bartenders, Vendors, DJ's, etc.

If you want to limit how many get imported into your game you need a mod like NPCC(Paid only now) or...

Zero_NoRandom Assign Jobs, this one has filters also and you might have to remove a filter to let the game add certain Service sims.

NPCC is a script mod and it does break on occasion and Paulson is quite slow with updates and fixes on Patreon.

Not long ago I wouldn't play my game without it but it has caused too many problems recently so I've switched over to Zero's mod.

The game wants to generate 50 different Bartenders, 20 Pizza Delivery, 30 Mail Carriers, etc.

The whole setup is a bit complicated but I only have a few sims added to my games now.

I am glad i asked.

Thanks for sharing.

First, i always wondered but never asked, hey for what is this actually? What does it do? The MCCC Import.

Now i know.

I made over 50 NPC's to my liking and i always wondered why Sims does not seem to pick them up. Makes sense now.

As for the mod. Yes, i checked his Patreon page and of course there is a newer version. But the public is from 1 year ago. Trashcan now.

I could not get myself to pay 3$. Yes, i am cheap. But if i use that mod, i have to continue because there will be another game update.

I will have a look at the other mod.

I stared for awhile at the bar and deleted townies and woops, another came through the door.

Kind of like clockwork.

My face issue is solved in the regard that i just copied my backup over. Maybe another time.

15 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Find a computer:

MC Careers Menu

Set all to 0,0

I have currently 82 NPC. I'll guess i have to make some more. This will be boring but i think better save and have 200 then.

3 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

I have currently 82 NPC. I'll guess i have to make some more. This will be boring but i think better save and have 200 then.

It took me over a year playing different saves and editing  sims to get to 100+ saved sims.

Gets far too boring and tedious editing in CAS for more than a couple hours per day.

Since some of my mods prevent the game from needing so many added to the game you might not need that many.

But I have more variety for MCCC to pick from.

The first sims I did were all the game Residents like Nancy Landgraab and Bella Goth.

Now I have edited copies of all the EA Residents so that might be why I have so many saved in my Library.

But the reason was to create a Master save and replace all the EA Residents with my edited versions.

So that every time I start a new player sim I load my Master Save and make a new player/save to play with.

Do a 'save as' New Game, Tomcat, or whatever after the new sim/house/lot loads so I don't overwrite my Master save.

Then all my Residents are already fixed up so I don't have to edit them again.

You can go back to editing your Master later on to add or fix lots, add new houses, Residents, Homeless, or whatever.

It's like a 'Work in Progress' save that you have to go back to and fix things you forgot to do or make changes/additions.

But the requirement is having the game always paused whenever you work on your Master save.

It keeps the game from progressing so no time has passed and keeps the new game status fresh.

Use MC settings to 'pause on zone'.

This prevents the sims from just starting automatically on play when you travel to a lot or load your sim/s.

On the Computer

MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > pause on zone (enabled)

If you don't want the game moving in homeless sims and filling your houses...

MCCC > MC Population > Moving Settings > Allow Homeless Move-Ins (Disabled)

There is another setting in the EA game settings that also needs to be changed.

Gameplay Fill Empty Homes (Disabled)

Apply settings and exit menu.

Now you can put your own sims into the homes you want instead of the game doing it. 

1 hour ago, wutpickel said:

Also, as an extra help, if you care about how your sims and townies look like, you might find "situational outfits begone" by Bienchen quite useful. Outfit Mods | Outfit Mods | Bee Mods (deichschafblog.de)

Actually quite a lot of Bienchens mods are very good to fix many annoyances, but i think he still needs to update them to 1.79.

10 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

It took me over a year playing different saves and editing  sims to get to 100+ saved sims.

Gets far too boring and tedious editing in CAS for more than a couple hours per day.

Since some of my mods prevent the game from needing so many added to the game you might not need that many.

But I have more variety for MCCC to pick from.

The first sims I did were all the game Residents like Nancy Landgraab and Bella Goth.

Now I have edited copies of all the EA Residents so that might be why I have so many saved in my Library.

But the reason was to create a Master save and replace all the EA Residents with my edited versions.

So that every time I start a new player sim I load my Master Save and make a new player/save to play with.

Do a 'save as' New Game, Tomcat, or whatever after the new sim/house/lot loads so I don't overwrite my Master save.

Then all my Residents are already fixed up so I don't have to edit them again.

You can go back to editing your Master later on to add or fix lots, add new houses, Residents, Homeless, or whatever.

It's like a 'Work in Progress' save that you have to go back to and fix things you forgot to do or make changes/additions.

But the requirement is having the game always paused whenever you work on your Master save.

It keeps the game from progressing so no time has passed and keeps the new game status fresh.

Use MC settings to 'pause on zone'.

This prevents the sims from just starting automatically on play when you travel to a lot or load your sim/s.

On the Computer

MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > pause on zone (enabled)

If you don't want the game moving in homeless sims and filling your houses...

MCCC > MC Population > Moving Settings > Allow Homeless Move-Ins (Disabled)

There is another setting in the EA game settings that also needs to be changed.

Gameplay Fill Empty Homes (Disabled)

Apply settings and exit menu.

Now you can put your own sims into the homes you want instead of the game doing it. 

Greatly appreciated.

I am still not at the point where i am satisfied.

But, i got my first created Sim to be a bartender. So that is absolutely good.

Yes, i will have such a save as well. Its really a project.

One problem for me is, that i am not completely happy with the prostitution mod. So i am torn between what mod i am using.  The best mods for my world seems to be Nisa, Sugar and for right now. Sex Addicted. I wish there were more interaction between Sims in that there would be touching before or bargaining. Nisas mod is great in every sense but it a nice version of the job. But with that said, its the go2 mod for that avenue. Can not have everything.

(wonder why there are no other "working" prostitution mods)

I took interest in Zero's modding guide. Maybe i can learn and make actually something myself. But i am more scared about updates after.

Anyway, i can say that creating sims is really one task you do not want to do often.

I save export them so i never lose them.

I mostly just change their skin, adjust weight, maybe a different hair style, and add some traits. Creating a meaner version.

Sims 4 is a very nice and cartoonish game, but thats ok.

I did actually replace any default sim in my game and replaced with my creation. This is very easy but aggravating process. So now, i just wait for the game to populate it with my Sims which seems to work. Occasionally there are some generated sims but thats ok.

Next will be building replacements. The gallery from EA works fine, though with my 2 DLCs the search is meh since i mostly get venues that need still other mods.

So have to look further.

If i am really bored, maybe i design some houses but i am louse designer.

So far, these were great tips and i appreciate them all.

15 minutes ago, babuchas said:

Also, as an extra help, if you care about how your sims and townies look like, you might find "situational outfits begone" by Bienchen quite useful. Outfit Mods | Outfit Mods | Bee Mods (deichschafblog.de)

Actually quite a lot of Bienchens mods are very good to fix many annoyances, but i think he still needs to update them to 1.79.

Thank you so much. I have downloaded it as well.
There are many mod i am not aware off it seems. :)

29 minutes ago, babuchas said:

I forgot but I have that one myself along with several other mods by her.

The nice thing about them is they don't get broken with game updates.

They just might be missing the filters for the new pack/patch.